Remind me what grave, unforgivable sins Dishonored committed? I mean, apart from being popular

Remind me what grave, unforgivable sins Dishonored committed? I mean, apart from being popular.
All I'm saying is that it's hardly goaty but it's not complete drek either.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=emily kaldwin voice actress&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=emily kaldwin voice actress dishonored 2
google.com/search?q=Erica Luttrell&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No grave errors, but it was pretty boring.

It didn't have anything memorable or interesting, I think I played it in one sitting and completely forgot about it afterwards

It allowed Bethesda to buy out yet another company for jack shit.

Typical AAA hack and slash power fantasy trash pretending to be a "stealth" game.

Corvo being a silent protagonist squandered a lot of potential, guard chatter was shit. Mechanically it's very good, high chaos can be an absolute blast.

They spelled their own title wrong.
It's "Dishonoured"

The game is boring as fuck if you want to go non-lethal route. And punishes you in the story if you actually want to use most of the weapons and have fun.

because the market was flooded with games like dishonored?

They admitted that was a design flaw and said they'd fix it in the next one. Even the DLC fixed that problem although the DLC is higher quality than the actual main game, I wish I could go back and just play that.

No new game plus, and the bone charms are randomized. Doing a non lethal run but only getting the "choke people out super fast" one in the last missions is some serious bullshit. The charms can be massively useful, but you have no control over which ones you get.

I had read before playing it that if you kill people you get the bad ending, so my first and only playthrough was a clean hands + ghost run. The story was fantastic, but the gameplay itself was pretty boring since gameplay included entirely of
Then by the time I finished my first run, I was so burned out I didn't even care about it enough to play through it again the fun way, and even skipped the DLCs.

Using blink/abilities makes it way too fucking easy to be any fun, not using blink or abilities makes it fucking impossible to stealth some parts, or just ends up in you reloading saves until some NPC glitches out and enables you to sneak right through his field of vision undetected.

Needed a bigger focus on the non-stealth elements or removal of most stealth with a battle system that's more like Dark Messiah

as far as I know Holla Forums's oinion on Dishonored has always been "eh, bretty gud, nothing special"

Yes please.

Blink and Dark Vision are the only powers you need to beat the game. And I don't mean in a Metroid Low% Run kind of way. I mean that all other powers are superfluous and you don't need them.

I thought the rat power sounded kind of cool for a murder run, but I ended up never using it because it was infinitely more efficient to just teleport behind them and backstab

Most of the powers sound cool as shit, but then you realize that they're only useful for murder runs, or not useful at all.

Story wasn't very interesting. Gameplay was pretty standard. And it gave you a worse ending for killing more people, discouraging aggressive play styles
I wouldn't say it's a horrible game but it wasn't very memorable

Its utterly mediocre in every regard except for maybe the setting.

They removed stealth aspect because testers said it was too hard = /

Still hurts. Especially since a dev who quit the company confirmed the DLC was all cut content from the final game (he said this before the DLC was even announced, he didn't think the leads on Arkane would let Bethesda do that.) Arkane didn't want to make a sequel either but here we are with Dishonored 2 on its way.

My two cents are this

Way to easy and boring

the skills you get makes the game a breeze to play. and it gives you alot of skills but the fun ones are offensive skills meant to kill someone, and the game punishes you for killing.
Which makes it weird that it supplies you with so many of those skills.

Basically the game punishes you for playing the game in a fun way.

there are other issues as well as level design and such, but difficulty is the big one for me.

Not a bad game, mediocre at best. certainly didn't deserve all the praise it got.

It wasn't the greatest game but it wasn't bad either it was ok it had its good parts like being able to become so stealthy that you can take that one's who has all your powers key to leave him the powerful message that you can kill him anytime you want is fucking great.

But the lack of gameplay verity and useful powers hurts this game.

It was supposed to be the game that sets the bar for every modern stealth game with technology finally enabling a really good AI and mechanics, but instead it was a shallow piece of shit

It did have impressive loading times though (mostly thanks to its low res textures).

Had to make sure I hadn't accidentally installed it on my SSD.

It's fun

/thread

It's like poetry. :^)

It is a not-stealth game advertised as a stealth game whose stealth is fucking boring because they give you a game-breaking power in the first hour of the game for free.
It is also an action game with a bunch of neat powers that the game keeps guilt-tripping you into not using and encouraging people to play the game as a boring stealth game.
It is a pile of stupid ideas keeping an average game from becoming good.
I love the worldbuilding however. I found it the most compelling part of the game.

She voiced the girl.

And triggering autistic permavirgins that will never amount to anything is bad how?

Uhm… so now it's a bad thing when a womyn supports the only candidate who doesn't want to LITERALLY START WW3?

Wow. Okay.

You're just jealous that she's riding BBC while you're a kissless virgin.

Oh fuck. I can already tell it is going to have a shit story to justify it now.
My only hope is Emily's movement is not overpowered like Corvo's Blink, making her actually interesting to stealth as

Here we go again…

The Evolution of Bethesda Shillery
A tale of shekels and shysters

Claimed it did not have a morality Straight Jacket, when it had a very chaffing one.

RNJeasus item placement for Part of the core mechanic items.

Stealth was even when you gimp yourself, rather easy.

Normally I'd say you're being paranoid, but OP is (1) and gone, so you're probably right.

They did the same thing when Fallout 4 was coming out and they lingered.

This. The stealth was too basic and killing enemies too easy, there was basically no punishment for fucking up since you could quickly get rid of enemies without any effort. Too many of the powers were too controlled, for example I never even used the possession outside the first try, it was just too easy to use blink everywhere.

The only fun and memorable part was the duel in the masquerade ball, freezing time to shoot your opponent and then stepping slightly aside of the bullet was a cool little thing, but there wasn't too much of similar touches in the rest of the game.

All I can think about is all the world creation and concept art wasted on a lackluster game. The world itself seems very nice.

A "stealth" game where stealth is piss easy and your character is far more proficient at killing than anything else.
RIP Arkane, another victim of bethesda.

Wow, it's like when there's an upcoming game, people reflect on the series which generates discussion and shit. No, that explanation is too simple and makes way too much sense… it must be the work of SHILLS instead.

Fuck, you're retarded. If anything, "shills" at least make people talk about games which is better than threads being constantly derailed by politics.

But why talk about something that doesn't look good and is inherently about identity politics

Hey, but don't forget about THE OUTSIDER

The world was boring and i didnt care about it or the game as a result.Also felt like nothing new. It encourages stealth but all the items are ultra lethal. when you find a piece of lore its like two pages of reading. you cant have pauses like that in a game like this. Bad pacing.

This.

When nobody on Holla Forums has any interest whatsoever in Dishonored. To the point where there were never any threads about the game at all until the sequel was announced, it sticks out like a sore thumb. That's why marketers tend to have a (1) after their post. Because they dump the thread and run, knowing that it's a very small community and they are going to stand out. The ones that stick around and argue are the retarded fanboys like yourself. Your two posts in this thread are as followed:

You also express your disdain towards the regular users of this board, claiming that Holla Forums rarely talks about games and would rather derail every thread with politics. This suggests you rarely post here and only have bad experiences trying to talk about games that Holla Forums normally doesn't like, further outing yourself as a butthurt lurker with shit taste.

Why are people in such a hurry to suck Bethesda's dick?

Go back to >>>/tg/

WHAT COULD CAUSE PEOPLE TO SELL THEMSELVES

You misunderstand.
She meant that, for the first time, you can play as an unappealing potato-faced woman who also has a black baby with no father. It's the very first female character that feminists can actually relate to.

[citation needed]

Did it ever cross your limited mind that people hesitate to talk about certain games because threads are shitposted to death?

Like yours are any better, nigger. Unironically screaming about shills as if they're going to hijack your sekrit club and turn everyone into a mindless drone is cringeworthy. The fact that you're doubling down and trying to rationalize this and making baseless assumptions is embarrassing as fuck. You must legitimately have autism.

But fo3 (unfortunately) exists.

Because it's just nostalgia. If you aren't an enlightened individual such as myself you probably can't see past your nostalgia, and don't realize that fallout 4 is actually better than all the other fallout games, COMBINED. All those pointless boring features were just in your way, Bethesda™ streamlined the game design which now allows more people to experience the same exciting adventure that you did, except bigger and better than ever before. Games have never been better, you just need to take off your nostalgia goggles.

Fuck off, advertising plant.

Only when the games they like happen to suck. You just further proved my point.

It's like you want everyone to know you're not from around here.

You can have the ugly face in FO3, but not the black baby.

So, this is a skit making fun of corrupt game journalists, right?

Right on, sibling of whatever kind you desire!

How

He's just storing avocados in his cheek pocket.

So xir can better identify with the people of weight.

shit genes

Which is approved by who? The Holla Forums hivemind? If anything, you're the one proving my point.

Shit was waaaay overrated and the balance was all over the place. You need to force yourself NOT to use your abilities to make the game challenging.

Lurk more and try again tomorrow.

They have to be unnaturally shitty then, there is something wrong with that guy

Actually it's the commiefornia water. Kills all T and does who the fuck knows else.
Never drink whatever comes out of there.

The one thing I can say about this game, is that it worked and had a stable framerate. Which is a rare thing for more modern games.

Gameplay wise, it was trash, and the story was trash.

Words of wisdom right there. You're totally not showing any signs of treating this place as your personal hugbox at all.

I'm saying "lurk more." Not "go away." At this point you're derailing the thread more than anybody else.

kill youurself

I never played this game, but looking at the teeth of that fellow with the skull head it's pretty obvious it takes place in the UK

So the "U" is essential

Yuu are a cheeky one m8, I'll give yuu that.

wat

There's even a robotic version of the Big Ben on the left, it's not bloody rocket science now innit?

Oi don't be calling me dogshagger you silly cont

Wow, like am I the only intelligent one here. uuuh HELLOOO??

Tolkin back to me now are ya?
Bloke why don't you git rucksack switshagged you fockin ingrate

Fockin 'ell Oi'm the fockin guv'na round here yuu don't mean shit to me m8

I'll fokin blow yer head off m8

You lads have got nothing on scottish chavs

It's funny because FO4 still wrote their intro/story/plot with a male MC in mind… not that anyone cared about its story anyway.

Trump?
Because Hillary keeps insisting that we are at war with Russia for some reason.

How can you look at that post and think he was serious, why the fuck are you responding seriously. Fuck, you even disappointed Todd.

Scotland best country!

it was so fucking easy it's retarded, if you dont play with self restrictions like not using powers and not killing anyone it's just boring

it's just too sad

at least human head studios wasn't bought by bethesda, are they working in a new game or something?

i swear to god i removed that fucking flag

Even playing non-lethal it was easy
Setting was cool though
Still haven't done the dlc yet

It takes a lot to disappoint todd. He approved of Fallout 4.

People were expecting Thief when the studio's previous game was Dark Messiah.

No one really gives a shit.

NICE

And yet it was shittier than Dark Messiah in every aspect

If they had actually created a successor to Dark Messiah in the cool setting they'd created Holla Forums would love it
Instead they fucked up and created a weird "stealth" game that is actually a killing game
And it looks like since Dishonoured actually sold they are not going to fix anything and just put out more of the same instead of potentially making the game good

Like they have any choice. Now they'll make whatever bethesda overlords want them to make.

I'd say the main problem is the plot based chaos shit, because I don't remember any other way you are punished for killing?
You can still kill a couple of dudes each level and still get low chaos, and of course the targets don't count

Yeah the story doesnt match gameplay and gameplay needs to be tweaked
Basically Corvo should steadily descend into fighting Lovecratian horrors in surrealist landscapes
Also stealth should be rewarded in normal world gameplay while killing is difficult and gives sense of accomplishment in surreal Lovecraft world
But Dishonored 2 will be shit I remember reading an article where they go on about Ta neshi Coates being an inspiration for their city design

The VA for adult Emily is a Negress too. You better believe it's a pirate.

Not really lovecraftian, but did you try the brigmore witches? Plant women and skull dogs.

Dishonored's biggest sin was being just okay. It wasn't good enough to be good and not bad enough to be hilarious or at least worth noting. It sat right in the middle as a 'white rice with water' kind of game. It just wasn't worth talking about in any sense.

Wat.

the stealth was boring because it's pretty much the same shit over and over as blink trivialized everything
combat was boring because you're an OP demi-god and difficulty is next to non-existent
most of the dialogue was fairly boring, from story stuff to guard chatter (want to gather for whiskey and cigars tonight? do you think you'll get your own squad after what happened tonight?), probably because the voice acting sound fairly monotonous
visually and sound-wise everything is pretty engaging, but they've managed to make an immersive sim rather boring because almost nothing poses a threat

WE WUZ EMPRESS AN SHEIT

google.com/search?q=emily kaldwin voice actress&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=emily kaldwin voice actress dishonored 2
google.com/search?q=Erica Luttrell&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Yep.

I guess that's close enough to a nigress.

Where we are going we won't need eyes to see.

shieeeet

It was okay, the closest we would get to a Dark Messiah sequel.

Pretty fun, but definitely could be better.

Also, the world was fucking cool but the story is so fucking medicore it hurts.

I want Dishonored 2 to be good but I know it won't

The term is mulatto.

But it has nothing to do with DM.

Oh ffs I saw 10 minutes of that and there's a black chick, I bet it's her
The plot was the boy fused with one of the women and then aggressively turned down a guy at a party because he was being too forward or some shit

THEY GOT SAPHIRE FROM SU TO DO THE VOICE?
THE VA THAT EVEN FAGGOTS THAT LIKE SU THINK IS AWFUL?
LISTEN TO HER FUCKING DO VOICE ACTING ITS NOT ACTING AT ALL SHE JUST READS LIKE A NIGGER IN MIDDLE SCHOOL ENGLISH

A dreck post.

It was fun.
Holla Forums hates fun.

The game is pointlessly easy if you use your killing abilities and don't stealth.
The game is designed for you to use your killing abilities and is boringly undeveloped for a stealth game.

It wasn't until about 12 seconds in that I realized that they were supposedly speaking English.

It's boring, and the only way to make it even remotely entertaining is to play it as an action game.

The story's boring, the gameplay's boring, the powers are boring, it's too easy. It does nothing especially well aside from a mildly interesting setting that it does nothing with.

It's a casual Thief. That's it, really.

No, they've only made ports of games so far since Bethesda jewed them.

I want to go live in 2d and not have to deal with the real UK's bullshit.

This is happening all over europe, in my country you have schools with barely any white kids anymore.

If there was one thing I wish Holla Forums will be right about, is the race war, and that the fucking mudshits will be purged from europe. Sage because I am now way off topic.

It was worse han thief in every mechanic it tried to copy from it, had a pretty shit story (the premise was alright, but the actual execution? Trash), and it was piss easy. Also, it was easier to just go in and kill everyone than sneak around, making it even more casual.

All in all, it was a boring game, mediocre in every way.

I probably should have specified and said western europe, slavlands are looking really good but im not going to abandon my country to the mudslimes

Because it's just Dark Messiah with infinitely more boring gameplay in every department.

Nice art design though.

Same here, the progressives/jews won't be happy until the white peoples are all gone.

dont we all?

people got mad at it because the game got harder when you murdered everything instead of looking at it as being rewarded with more things to murder since Holla Forums is very bad at video games

How the fuck does anyone think that's english

this aint fuckin STAR wars

It starts spawning zombies and shit. The game actively telling you you're doing a shit job also makes it not fun to kill anything.

I wouldn't care about the game going "you are so ebil!!111!!" if the zombies weren't so shit to fight. You can't really stealth kill them, you have to either just shoot them or summon rats or something, which isn't as fun.

or you could just avoid them

that kinda defeats the point of high chaos, and isn't very fun.

I sware to god, if you spend 10 minutes 2 times a week lifting as little as 5 kilos, you'll look like a goddamn monster next to that guy.

Yes

all the women were wearing pantsuits.

It was a stealth game where stealthing was the least efficient way to win.

Hey CTR, how does it feel knowing all your colleagues think you're a bunch of disgusting weabs?

If you don't kill the (((academia))) and (((doctors))), they're just going to keep on training white sheep and pushing for more mass immigration.

Thanks, Alex.

Our biggest opponents are the traitorous elites, with them in power we can't do anything. Only solution is to scrap democracy and strip them of their positions by force, unfortunately they have successfully made people too complacent and inert with for example video games for that to happen.

wew

Also I'm pretty sure this guy is using mods.

He was the most interesting thing about that game and was at the same time criminally underused.

>>>/suicide/

It's just not jews who use entertainment to reduce the masses into sleepwalking drones but sure, they benefit too. Do you think they could have pozzed Europe this hard and gotten away with it just a few decades ago?

Not posting best scot.

At least they're not being uppity about that.

It was far too easy and they dumbed down levels because of shitty playtesters. It also had both a boring protagonist and focussed a bit too much on his history and motives for my taste. If we're going bland protagonist embrace that don't try to force an equally bland daughter down my throat too.

The problem was the devs trying to push you towards one playstyle. The DLC didn't fix this it just treated the symptom (poor non-lethal gameplay) and even then lethal was still more fun. Compare it to DMoMM which lets you play however you want while still letting you influence the story.

The reason Dishonored has a non-lethal focus is interesting. Originally the devs wanted it as an unacknowledged option like the original Deus Ex. Then it became popular to make non-lethal pseudo-stealth (Human Revolution's marketing, for example) so the option evolved into a full playstyle then the playstyle the game focussed on. There's some rumours that this change was publisher influence since it involved a fair bit of reworking the game making it easier to buy out Arkane.

And yeah the sequel is gonna suck
Don't even fucking pirate it

Chaos is the only fun route. Stealth sucks. Killing everyone except for the two scientists is the best, especially wayching that brat die at the end.

None. It was just mediocre.

Even forgetting stealth, Dishonored's combat system was shit-tier.

Literally a slightly more flashier, Skyrim-tier hack and slash plus bombs, magic and ranged weaponry to not make it completely boring.

Seriously, how you could go BACKWARDS from Dark Messiah is incomprehensible to me. The least they should have done is implemented a kick mechanic and directional strikes. Doing it properly, they should have refined those and added more stuff like grappling, disarming and multiple types of weaponry.

In fact, the more I read about Dishonored's development, the more it seems like the game was going to have a ton of features that Bethesda didn't let Arkane put in, and retarded shit like the chaos system didn't even exist at the start.

I liked it, but it was a stealth game with no dependence on stealth. Try running around killing everyone in Splinter Cell or Thief and see how long you last.

the funniest part of this webm to me are the censoring bleeps, as if a regular person could even tell apart any expletives from that mumbojumbo

fuck you.

and that.

Interesting worldbuilding, great aesthetic, meh story, okay gameplay.
Sad development background.

Dark Messiah really is the best use of the source engine bar porn

I actually fucking loved the first game, the second installment however will probably be shit since they hired all these strong independent womyn to do develop it this time.

They already released gameplay trailers, it's full powers bullshit again, except maybe this time they won't spit on you for playing the game in a FUN way

Just because you're shitposting to make fun of a shill doesn't change the fact you're shitposting and bumping the thread, at least use sage while you're at it.

Has an amazing combat system. Shame most people aren't skilled enough to enjoy it.

The high chaos ending is way better than the low chaos one.

Dishonored's combat mechanics was one of the easiest to grasp. Grasping the combat is not an issue, the problem is the game throws all kinds of combat abilities your way but it actively tries to encourage you to go non-lethal and that shit is boring compared to lethal.

It's utterly bland in every single way.

no one really gives a shit about you not giving a shit

Fun game