What's the best or last good Star Ocean game?

What's the best or last good Star Ocean game?
With Star Ocean 5 being pretty bad supposedly and now shitty mobile games the franchise seems irredeemable.
archive.is/mP6BV

SO2 PSX is usually considered the best game. Followed by 1 and 3.

Three is the best in my opinion, but that's also largely nostalgia talking. I didn't play 1 or 2 when I was younger. I enjoyed the PSP remake of 2 however. It was quite good.

I like Star Ocean 3.
DO NOT
I repeat
DO NOT
Play the ps3 one

PSO

Are you fucking joking me? That twist was the stupidest shit I have ever had to play through, and I've played through a lot of stupid shit.

Yeah it's good.

2 is really good but you don't really do much space stuff. its just 2 planets you explore and a fucking ball crushing intro that takes like 4 goddamn hours of mashing through speech boxes

This is why I can't play JRPGs anymore.
When I first rented FF2 (yes I know its 4 don't sperg) I couldn't believe that a game could have all that text and story. But now that I'm old enough to see how terrible the writing is, it's like being waterboarded.

What is Tactics Ogre.

great story but piss easy game once you realize how OP massing archers is

Why are people saying 5 is bad?

Characters were still mostly well-written and gameplay was still fun. If anything it made the clusterfuck that is Star Ocean make sense for the first fucking time. If it was a good universe I might be pissed, but it wasn't and nothing of value was lost.

How do I defeat Der-Suul? He has this one attack that wipes half of the party.

IT WAS VIDYA ALL ALONG was still more fun the fucking around at a bumfuck planet and MUH NO-INTEREFERANCE POLICY.

Star Ocean hasn't been good since the first one. Arguably the second, but it's the same damned game just with a different story/settings, and I didn't like the story/settings. That there's more of it, just means there was more to not like.

Ilia was pretty hot for an Earth chick

It doesn't look so bad coming from IV.

Yes. It was a great fucking game spazoid.

i want to play 5

is it worth it?

checkertits calls my attention and the big party seems interesting

It's really short. I'll only buy it if it gets really cheap, which should happen eventually.

Star Ocean 2 is the only game that needs to exist in that franchise.
It's the only RPG that needs to exist, period.