3DS CFW+Homebrew: SD Card-less CFW Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0-11.1:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
On 11.0, Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.
For 11.1, everything from 11.0 applies, but browserhax and menuhax have been patched, so no more homebrew either without freakyforms or otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/Yc8TYGeV
archive.is/Bj1u1
3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH),
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_sys_a9lh
loadiine.ovh/gate.php
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BykTok7pgpTcUUR0NUpKNGg0VjA?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BykTok7pgpTcVWNWRFpsMlhCOTA?usp=sharing
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-EmuNAND
gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/?_params=Array
amazon.com/dp/B01LYUA6OS/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/265925-mega-gdrive-usa-3ds-theme-collection-273-themes.html
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/267095-mega-multi-official-themes-chmm-region-free-18-10-16-a.html
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/#2ds
youtube.com/watch?v=mvMbCDwJvps
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Installing-arm9loaderhax
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
nintendoeverything.com/3ds-update-11-2-0-35-out-now/
gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-11-2-autofirm-for-downgrade.446203/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Try browsing the 3ds homebrew subreddit and gbatemp to see if somebody else has had your issue and solved it. Otherwise, post as many details about your issue possible. We'd like to avoid posting solutions that don't work because you left out that detail or a solution that you have already tried. We can't read minds folk.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/Yc8TYGeV
Last Thread: archive.is/Bj1u1

delet this

Ok

Do I need to update rednand to play the sun/moon demo?

thanks, the post was hurting me in my 'tism
NTR has been updated, link in part 3, but not 'remade'

UPGRADE TO A9LH
You'll need to to get it off of the eshop. 3dsiso has ripped the .cia for it though.

Better media player when?

Any other uses for a homebrewed 3DS besides pirating?

3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications

Using it as a game controller for PC?

Injects.
Emulators occasionally. ScummVM is apparently decent on it.
ROMhacks, like Pokemon Crystal multiplayer or Star Sapphire/CGP7.
Ports, Quake was quite good and has networking enabled. Duke runs like shit though.

Outside that though? Not much comes to mind. Really after hacking it and playing a couple games, went back to the PSP since 'better' music player.

I got the CIA but it just sends me back to sysnand's home menu.

sound like a bad .cia
you'll probably have better results downloading it from the eshop or freeshop.

The cia on 3dsiso had a seed problem, which is the first I've ever heard of such a problem. There is a file you can inject to fix it, but it has been dumped to 3ds.titlekeys, so I'd assume Cruel updated the cache by now.

Eshop is the best way, really, as thats the way its meant to be retrieved. Freeshop would be, if not for the fact you have to wait.

If i try using the SD from an a9lh N3DS on an a9lh O3DS, will my O3DS try to boot in as a N3DS and brick itself?
Thread title reminded me that I can't boot up without an SD. I was never sure if this was because the a9lh wasn't executing and this broke the boot process or if somehow the firmware was being stored on my SD card now.

you should be fine since you have a9lh. Just make sure the option for the n3ds overclock is set to do nothing. If you were on emunand that would be a different story. Don't forget to follow the guide in the image incase you ever find yourself lacking an sd again.

The reason you weren't able to boot an a9lh 3ds without you sd card before is because the cfw that launches sysnand is contained in the sd card. By putting arm9loaderhax.bin, which is just luma3ds, your cfw, into the root of ctr nand a9lh is able to boot luma3ds with out an sd card and in turn luma3ds can boot sysnand.

Region free.

nothing should change but the Nintendo 3DS folder will be encrypted differently so you won't have any titles.

it's a thing with all new titles, seed crypto usually gets installed by FBI when you install a .cia and freeshop fetches it afterwards but the cia they dumped on 3dsiso didn't have it.

also the demo is already on 3ds.titlekeys.com/

so that's the way to get it.

I need help, I've been following the instructions in OP's top link up to github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH), up to section 3, point 4. Unfortunately I got a black screen, and honestly I have no idea what to do. Should I restore the NAND backup?

You get a blank screen when you hold down select or after entering in the settings?

After entering. Marked the 4 options as the guide said then pressed start.

You're still on v2.1, aren't you? No CFW can open 2.1

also, try doing some of the stuff in the troubleshooter
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_sys_a9lh

specifically the deleting your extdata part

Explain, what's new? Didn't cell9 ragequit it? Or it is the application itself and not the .bin?

It worked, I forgot to delete that stupid folder… thanks for the help!

no pb bby

First PS4 via raspberry, now Wii U? Jeez, those BR must be have a growth spurt in their brain.

Where is the link for it, would hard drives be supported or just pen/flash drives?

ROM hacks

I'd post the screens of the lewd ORAS hacks I made myself but they're on another HDD. Basically its stupid easy to do shit like texture editing

HOW TO INSTALL WIIU GAMES
BEWARE: THESE FILES ARE MODIFIED GAME FILES. NO GAMES WILL WORK EXCEPT THE ONES PIRATTE MODIFIED.
-INSTALL ONLY GAMES OF YOUR CONSOLE'S REGION: IF YOU TRY TO INSTALL FROM ANOTHER REGION, YOU'LL BRICK
-YOU'LL HAVE TO INSTALL ONE GAME AT A TIME
What do I need?
-SD Card with at least the size of the game you'd like to install
-WiiU formatted external HD (you'll lose all your files after formatting)
Needed files:
Modified WUP installer (by Piratte) + Homebrew Channel (included on download folder)
Exploit Link: loadiine.ovh/gate.php
NA Games link: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BykTok7pgpTcUUR0NUpKNGg0VjA?usp=sharing
EU Games link: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BykTok7pgpTcVWNWRFpsMlhCOTA?usp=sharing
How to:
On your PC, extract the .rar of the game and move the "Install" folder to the root of your SD card;
Plug your HD to your WiiU/format it;
If possible, change your DNS to block updates;
Open the site linked above with all files on the SD Card;
Browse to the version 5.5.1 tab and in the Homebrew Launcher open WUP Installer;
VERY CAREFUL NOW:
Select the game and push X to install. After this, wait until it finishes. Don't worry if percentages go up to 300% during installation, it's normal. Just don't mess with the console while it's installing.
If any errors occur, it's your HD's fault.
After installing, the app will go back to the Homebrew menu. Go to the home menu and your game should be installed there. It's possible to play online and all. Enjoy :)

I got it from halfchan, while checking the archive to see any news about IOSU
It doesn't seem to be that great compared to loadiine, but it's a start.

Also, there's still no way to run DS ROMs is there?

Aaaaaaand that's out the window. I get doing a partition, but the entire fucking thing!? Naw nigga, fuck that.

Will Probably buy a 128gb flash drive though.

are we going to need a wiiu homebrew general?

Give it a month.

this makes me wish the extra gibs i got from financial aid would come in already. I really want to purchase and hack a wiiU & psvita

I posted this like 2 threads ago, but no answers since it was +300 posts.

piracy is our life essense gringo friend

We love you Brazillians, keep making the poorfag's life great.
Hugs from Chile, South America's Shitposting Capital

I'm glad, you guys go through so much shit, you might as well get free vidya out of it. Especially with those fucking stupid taxes.

Don't. Get a HDD with an external power source, it's stabler. Flash Drives crash the wii U randomly

I played it, but have no prior knowledge of the game.

It's alright, I guess. It seems no better than hastily pushed out N64 games, graphics included.
The sheer number of cutscenes early on oissed me off.

So I got a JPN NEW 3DS and everything is fully installed though how do I change the system language to English without doing a region change? Since the guide says I won't be able to use my NNID since I've opened the eShop already.

Is there an undub for SMT IV Apocalypse yet?

Just cut your losses and make a new NNID

You can make a new NNID? The guide states that you cant?

user, there was one released a few days after the game was leaked. And then a kind user from these threads made a better one. Where have you been?

been out of the loop for a while and only recently upgraded my 3DS from the old Gateway emuNAND to Luma3DS.

Which one is the better one?

SWITCH IS KING BIG DICK NOW

3DS IS KILL

But Nintendo is still going to release 3ds vidya after the switch releases.

I think it'll mostly be a ds/3ds situation where all we get are downgraded ports for the old system.

I can't imagine the battery life will be all that good though. Maybe I'll wait until NEW* Switch.

As long as game stores have an upgrade plan I wouldn't mind that if I had an oSwitch

I'm not sure what they can do with that form factor. The usual battery upgrade will take at least a year for the tech to advance, and you can't really make it smaller without affecting the screen.

Not smaller than, but higher capacity. That way they can keep the size.

Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse Undub Full (US) by Canzah.

And… if 3DS games are compatible with the Switch?

Higher capacity probably won't happen for a while, Xbone S took a year or two to get a smaller power supply at the same price.

I think they might go the Wii U route and ship it with the cheaper battery, with an optional $10 battery that doubles the life. But I swear, I never hear anyone mention those, they always spout the "muh 4 hours battery" without looking into the options.

Then it'll be the same situation. DS games worked on the 3DS too. I honestly don't think there will be many 1st party 3DS games after March, it would just split their focus too much when they need to NAIL the library for the new system.

thanks user

What's the status on DS rom loading from memory cards? I'm asking because buying a flashcart is literally impossible where i live.

LOADING DS ROMS IS NOT POSSIBLE YET
IF YOU CANN'T GET A DS FLASHCART IT IS STILL NOT POSSIBLE

Thank you for your attention.

You can't order by mail? Where do you live?

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-EmuNAND

okay so I'm about to do this but I already have an emunand backup via emunandtool, can I just take that emunand .bin and rename it to NAND_emu.bin and shove it into /files9/ without it fucking me over?

Is there a decent guide for importing save data with JKSM? I tried a bunch of Reddit tutorials and I couldn't get it to work.

I'm pretty sure you can, but I'd just do it again to be safe.

What is there not to understand? Select game, export and import save data.

You'll need to generate the sha or whatever.

I would do it but my old sd card got completely fucked and all i have of my emunand is that .bin. How would i generate the .bin.sha?

Making another backup

yeah I get that but I don't have anything to back up from

I imagine it'll be awhile before the Switch gains momentum. Not saying it wont happen, but I think I'll be content with my 3DS for at least a couple of years after the Switch releases, by that time it might be hacked and sold at a reduces price

bullshit, why?

Because they haven't finished it yet.

It has to do with saves, I guess.

You would have to manually make it using something like the checksum generator in HxD. I don't know what kind of SHA it would be though, I don't know shit about checksum algorithms.

Isn't Sun/Moon the last "1st" party 3DS game?

I haven't heard any other coming directly from nintendo, no.

Wait, you mean they're actually making progress?
I demand to know more

Then my guess is that the 3DS is dead as soon as the Switch comes out. The fact that it supports cartridges means there's a chance it will support 3DS games. Ninty has a good track record with backwards compatibility.

Now the question is how easy it will be to homebrew.

They have it so that you can load DS games and demos from SD cards, but only when they were originally programmed to look for their assets on the SD card.

What this means, is that they either have to learn how to reprogram each individual game in order to change how it is loaded, or to find a way to "emulate" the cartridge and trick the game from loading itself from the SD anyway.

There hasn't been a lot of public progress since the demo/homebrew announcement was made about a month ago, but it is ongoing. If you are in a rush, seriously, just drop the $10 for an R4, it'll make a nice birthday present for a normalfag relative when you're done with it.

Any links? I'm still curious about this. So it sounds like the only limitation is no save support yet?

I see, well that's beyond me, I'll just go raw. I won't really lose anything since I can just reinstall the games and edit their saves.

I read about it on GBAtemp, i'll have to track it down for you. But it's not quite there yet, I don't think I explained it right: the game knows it's supposed to be on a cartridge, so it looks for it's files in the cartridge slot. Since it can't find them, it can't load.

The way to fix this is to rewrite the games to look in the SD for their files, or to trick them into thinking the SD card IS the cartridge slot.

Found it: gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/?_params=Array

Is there any sort of fix to allow PictoChat to show up on the home menu? I tried setting up a badge to launch it, but that didn't work.

You can't make it a .cia?

If they wanted to, a lot. They'll probably do as they already do and release the console with a huge profit margin and then next year release a NewSwitch where they profit less and the hardware is improved, ending up profiting more because the goyim are retarded and will buy both

The sorrow I feel when no one helps with my issue ;_;

I am learning it actually, I just can't into Kanji.

Don't make me say it.

Apparently the .sha isn't needed so I'm restoring my emunand from just the .bin. Will post results soon.

It worked, flawlessly. Now to download the Sun/Moon demo off of eShop

I already have it installed as a cia, it just doesn't show up on the home menu.

Of course. The SHA is only used for verification purposes, it's not actual content. It's only made now just as additional safety step, but it's hardly necessary. d9 / h9 etc. never required it.

Why would you want that though?

Yeah, who besides you is using it?

Apparently there's a homebrew app that checks if you have an IPS or TN screen. Cool shit.

Those mouth breathing dipshits just had to do their DoSS today of all days.

I realize this came out today but does anyone know the firmware it comes with? I've been wanting to upgrade for a while now; the right shoulder button of my o3ds is becoming unresponsive and the slider pad has seen better days.
amazon.com/dp/B01LYUA6OS/

I don't know, I just like to make things work, even if there's no purpose for it.

Probably latest firmware, but you can still hack it via DSiWare or hardmod if you can solder.

hahaha I wonder how it smells

i got o3ds with emunand on it (boot manager + Cakes) that i gave to my brother a long time ago and want to upgrade it to a9lh now
when the guide says to downgrade to 2.1 can i just downgrade the emunand? or do i have to downgrade sysnand?
also, posting the best 3ds game

DSiWare downgrade sounds like an adventure and a half. I think I'll wait for the pink N3DS XL to come overseas.

You follow the guide to the letter.
I liked The Keep up until the trapdoor room and then the FUCK YOU hallway.

Nope, it's gotta be your sysnand

I downloaded the themes through FreeShop and now i have too many and have to delete them one by one. Is there a faster way to do this?

delete them all and just install the rips you want with custom theme manager

where can i find theme rips from the eShop? The only one i really want is the Sega Saturn one

Looks like all these themes are clumped together. Shouldn't tell you to delete themes, though

3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/265925-mega-gdrive-usa-3ds-theme-collection-273-themes.html

found a better thread
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/267095-mega-multi-official-themes-chmm-region-free-18-10-16-a.html

The 3DS OS own theme manager cant handle more then 100 installed themes and will force you to delete themes 1 by 1 if you go over that limit because Nintendo cant design a decent decent filemanager to save their lives.

Thanks for the links. All i could find was information about theme manager and user made themes.

The second link has a mega full of individual themes

Downloading now. Thanks user

Well hooray, both of mine are TN/TN.

After going down to 2.1.0 for installing arm9loaderhax and luma3ds, the guide says to update using system settings. I did that, got an error, and, following the guide, updated my NAND backup. upon rebooting, I'm now on 9.2.0, instead of 2.1.0. Should I still update with the system settings? on a 2DS

Is this the optimal N3DS?

should be pretty easy to tell if you look at it from an angle and colours invert themselves

Huh, they actually tell you to update from 2.1.0 without restoring your 9.2.0 NAND first? I suggest doing that instead.

Both TN would be nicest (if they exist), but top is most important yes.

Well, I already restored my 9.2.0 NAND without successfully updating from 2.1.0, but it seems like I'm on 9.2.0 now. Should I continue to the 'Injecting FBI' step, or what?

I'd test if A9LH is installed correctly before updating. If you update to fw 11 without it you're fucked.

Obviously I meant both IPS. Fuck me.

No update to latest. If you're running A9LH+Luma3DS (hold select on power on to verify) that's safe to do.

Luma3DS v6.3.1 configuration shows up. I'm assuming that can only work if A9LH is also installed, no?

Yeah, that's why I'm cautious about it

Yup you're good.

Full steam ahead. You're guide and can now finish the guide.

So, I'm trying this for the first time on my old 3ds I transferred off when I switched to the n3ds and I'm following the guide but I'm not certain what it means by this:

I installed menuhax, I used sysDowngrader to get to 9.2.0 (started at 9.5.0) and everything seemed to have gone well, but going through the Homebrew menu I don't see Decrypt9WIP on there. Am I supposed to keep resetting until it shows up? Is that what it means by it 'taking a few tries'?

No it means decrypt9wip isn't in the right place. It should be in the "3ds" folder on the SD card. The "few tries" is decrypt9wip or HBL crashing, the hacks they use are not 100%.

Read all instructions carefully.

Yep, I just figured that out. I put it in files9 without clearly reading the directions. What's that, you want me to make a new folder? Clearly that's where the next file is going, derp.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help reassurance, everything went perfectly. Got freeshop up and running, now i just wait for 6 picross games to download

So we can datamine pokemon demos for pictures of unreleased mon and find out the number of new items/moves/etc, but not read the damn text files so I dont have to bother playing it every few days?

I need to hardmod a 2ds, and am going to follow the guide in OP. From what I understand, I will solder the GND wire directly onto the metal part I have circled in pic related. Is that correct?

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/#2ds

Not familiar with hardmods, but this guide has pictures.

Yeah, that's the guide I'll follow. It just doesn't show a picture of where to solder the ground wire, but it says "use the metal SD card shielding for GND". I just want to make sure that's I've got the right idea before I destroy my 2DS.

The forced touchscreen controls for combat in this game make it absolutely fucking unplayable for me.
Should've taken lessons from Orcs & Elves on DS. Or better yet, should've made it a properly 3D game rather than grid based and thus taken lessons from Fighting Fantasy: Warlock of the Firetop Mountain. That game is goat.
youtube.com/watch?v=mvMbCDwJvps

Decided to check my screen types
Double IPS

So, in the DSiWare downgrade guide it explicitly says that a "pirated copy will not work". Is this for reals, or is the guide's author just trying to discourage piracy here? I ask mainly because that's exactly the kind of thing that these kinds of people do and have done in the past.

It does need to be legit, and I recall reading why, but just cant recall.
Likely something to do with the fact DSi is saved to NAND instead of SD.

Yep, it's legit. Pirated stuff that's downloaded onto your SD card will transfer but things that go onto your NAND need a valid signature or something of the sorts.

Okay, that makes a degree of sense. I just wanted to check before I spent my, uh… $4.99? Wow, that's more than I expected considering how that game is a piece of shit. Huh.

A second question, before I dive into this. I have save files on my n3ds that I wish to back up before doing the DSiWare downgrade, and the guide links to a utility called 'JKSM' which appears to be a .cia. How exactly am I supposed to use a .cia to back up my save files on a 3ds that doesn't yet have CFW? Should I be transferring the files onto the o3ds first, then running JKSM to back up the saves? There does not appear to be any instructions on how to use JKSM anywhere and it feels like a bit of a catch-22 here.

copy the saves from the sd card and try injecting them back in after you have cfw

DSi games are stored in the NAND and will not transfer unless they're legit (signed by Nintendo.)

I forget if JKSM has a homebrew (.3dsx) version, but if it doesn't, svdt does. Run svdt via homebrew launcher and use that.

Okay, so JKSM does have a .3dsx version, but the problem still remains. Because that 3ds is on v11, I won't be able to get to the Homebrew Channel until after I've formatted that 3ds.

Will that work for software that doesn't support the stock save game backup feature? Mostly I'm hoping not to lose my Streetpass progress, nor my pokemans game.

v11 does have homebrew.
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

why isnt the N3DS 10.2 listed? it goes from 10.1 to 10.3

No clue
just do everything in your power to prevent the nag

If I format system memory will that remove all traces of any CFW allowing me to start from scratch?

It will not remove a9lh
It will remove menuhax and restore partial downgrades to the fw version before.

So my New 3DS XL got stolen, as did almost all of my games. I figure it's time to take my old 3DS and CFW it. That may allow me to replace my games much cheaper just by buying a large SD card, too. But in order to restore what I can restore to the 3DS, do I need to install the CFW first or do the system transfer first? I probably would have to update the software to restore. But if I CFW it up, will I be able to then update? How's that all gonna work?

if i'm already on 9.0 with an emunand installed, where do I start with this? how would I go about keeping what's on my emunand?

Format clears the Nintendo 3DS folder afaik.

If you want to start again, just delete everything from the SD except the nintendo 3ds folder, the one called 3ds can go, however.

Thats for emu/rednand. A9LlH needs to be uninstalled manually. Google it.

Well, dont update your o3ds yet, you might be able to do it with only free software and easily.
Post your system firmware and we'll see what we can do.

Go to the top of the page, hit the github link with Pailect's guide in it and read it. Follow steps 1, 2 and 3. This is mentioned in the guide, but its easy to miss:
To transfer your emunand to a9lh, make an emunand backup in emunand9 tool, then in step 3 when it tells you to restore your sysnand.bin, there should be a step telling you that using your emunand.bin is also fine at this point.

It is there, read the steps so you dont put on the 11.1 firmware before a9lh is instaled.

On step 19 of switching from emunand to a9lh.
What do I do anons?
Also I noticed it mentions my firmware should be 2.1.0, I'm assuming it means my sysnand. Are there any other steps I msay have missed by going straight here?
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Installing-arm9loaderhax

Just do it for all of them.

Begin with part 2

Something I haven't really been able to find out any info about but, is there anything that can be done/anyone looking into a method to change the system clock without creating the clock-changed state that freezes time based events in some games? It doesn't seem like it'd be extremely hard to do, and the games that are affected by the clock change the most are pokemon games, so I figured that there would be an abundant supply of autists looking into it. Weird that there doesn't even seem to be any GBAtemp threads talking about it.

One of the dev apps does that. Check out 3DBrew.

Alright, I hope this works out well.

oh thanks, found it in the config app

What flashcard would you recommend for playing DS and DSi games? And would dealsextreme be a decent place to buy one.

I have an old bootlegTTDS flashcard but it doesn't seem to work with my 3ds even with Luna.

DSi games you can just install like any other 3DS games, but for the flashcart, see .

With DSi game there is definite limit of how many you can install on your 3ds. And it's a hassle to install games on both nands.

Someone have the new rythm heaven game?
I cant find it anywhere

Just upgrade to A9LH. It's not that hard.

Are you talking about megamix? If so, the titlekey's been dumped and you can get it on freeshop.

oh, i am an idiot
I thought it was called rythm paradise megamix, thanks for the help

actually, nevermind
the freeshop one doesn seem to work, im gonna try downloading it again

hey all. back when the guide was just getting made I completed all steps up to installing a9lh.
I think.
I got old 3ds: version 9.2 at bootup.
and 10.7 if go in through homebrew/cakes.

is it safe to just go ahead and do a9lh, or do I need to do more steps or downgrade again?

thanks again all.

I just checked and I have sysnand and emunand installed

yep, just follow the guide starting at part 2. Make sure to make a backup of your emunand so you can install it over your sysnand when you're done.

hmm okay thanks. looks like they stopped using actual part numbers on the guide lol. So I think then decrypt9 is next right?

yep, download the .3dsx for decrypt9

thank you very much fam. You are a life saver!

one final question. I install it in the 9.2 system version, right? (which is I believe is sysnand? I don't remember which was which lol)

why is sd card-less CFW relevant?
the console fucking comes with a sd card

so that the CFW doesnt take up SD card space?

yes, your sysnand must be at v 9.2

and if you were to lose it you would have a brick.

Is the bootup to luna fast? I have an old 3ds.

A9LH + Luma is faster than rxtools.

It's basically instant as far as I can tell

I'm now too paranoid that I'll end up with a brick. Is anyone here able to tell me if I can safely continue?

Well the nice thing about OTP is there is only one and it is console specific. It stands for "one time password" and as far as I know the only way to access your OTP is to downgrade to 2.1.

More info can be found at link below, but if you have your OTP.bin dumped already you should be able to pick up at the equivalent step in the new instructions from where you left off after dumping your OTP.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info

Also, for people who have used their stock micro sd for a flashcart, this allows them to still play NDS games while they don't have a main sd card.

And, I suppose this means one can sell they're 3ds without neading to get rid of a9lh

Other problem, seems you now don't get your OTP.bin manually anymore, then update back to 9.2 and install AL9H yourself, you just run one program on 2.1. I'm back on 9.2. I have no idea where to start again.

How big of an SD card should I have?

depends on how many games you want.

Probably a lot. But would, say, a 128 actually work?

yep
though you'll probably hit the 300 titles limit before hitting the 128 gig limit. I guess that means you have more space for 3d porn.

Is there a homebrew 3d video player?

no

In that case, is 64 the most efficient storage level to get?

yeah, 128 is overkill.

I guess just start over since you can still downgrade. You should be able to downgradeupgrade as many times as you want unless you apply too new of an upgrade that you can't downgrade anymore…

I FORMATTED MY 3DS BEFORE STARTING AND I FINISHED INSTALLING ARM9LOADERHAX HOW DO I STEAL VIDEO GAMES FROM NINTENDO

3diso.com
eightvee/veeeightbunker

Okay, sounds good. Is eBay going to be the best place to get it from?

Read the op

Free shop and this QR code.

Not a reason. Even a full homebrew suite takes up a negligible amount of space. Also, stuffing more features into A9LH is a terrible idea becuase if anything goes wrong with it your system is bricked, whereas it's trivial to copy a new arm9loaderhax.bin to the SD card.

It's only relevant as a fallback. Maybe if your SD card slot broke too, but a CFW 3DS without an SD card is like a dickless man.

If he has an N3DS he doesn't really need the OTP anyway.

I'd leave A9LH on it and use it as a selling point.

Oh and you have to use region emulation for that game. USA EN is what you want.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Alright, looks like I finally got the much hyped a9lh. Now how exactly do I restore my emunand files and stuff to it?

Make a back up of your emunand and use that .bin to 'restore' your sysnand

I'm really loving Kirby Planet Robobot, it's gotta be the best Kirby game in years.

What's the best SNES emulator for o3DS?

Either blarg or retroarch

Yeah I just finished it it was great I think I might like Triple Deluxe just a bit better though. Robobot drags a little bit in the middle but the first and last few worlds are amazing.

Retroarch isn't really an emulator, but a set of emulators. Though it appears that the only SNES cores currently available for 3ds are various versions of SNES9X. Thanks, user.

inb4

Also, is there anything I really need to do to get the SNES virtual console injects working?

Well why are you running cakes even if you wanna be stubborn and stick to emunand for some stupid reason you can still use a modern and supported CFW. What error are you getting are both machines the same region?

Both are the same region.
And there's no real error with the snes injects, just a blank screen

What SNES injects? You just mentioned Megaman Legacy Collection, Planet Robobot, and SMT:A.

Welp there I go getting my shit mixed up.
As far as those 3ds titles, there's just the 3ds logo showing and then it doesn't fade away.

It's not really a huge issue, the games work on the 2ds.

If you're trying to get SNES injects to work with an O3DS or a 2DS they won't. The SNES VC only works on New 3DSes. You can try using an emulator but I've heard it takes a lot settings fiddling and a lot of games just can't get up to a decent framerate. It sucks but the O3DS has a serious power gap and it really shows in homebrew/emulation and some of the later games released after the N3DS came out like Hyrule Warriors.

what fw are both the 2ds and 3ds

I keep coming hoping for a something, not hardmod, for 11. It'll probably be years from now, but I got time.

There's the DSi method if you're really desperate you can buy a mariokart7 2DS they come with ancient ass firmware and are pretty cheap. Hack that one then use it to hack your 3DS. If you want the money back you can even restore the 2DS and return it to wherever you bought it from.

dsiware downgrade

Even when loading is released, the extra storage for DS games is nice. 64GB is a lot, but it fills up fast, and with my flashcart I don't have to waste any space on DS games. Also gives me something to leave in the game slot at all times.

I've got a few questions, here.

WHAT THE FUCK, MY NA COPY OF SOLATOROBO: RED THE HUNTER IS WORKING TOO

THAT'S A DSi GAME. I THOUGHT THE REGION-LOCK WAS STILL A THING FOR THOSE THINGS

I'M PRETTY FUCKING SPOOKED NOW.

DSi game? There were cartridge based DSi games? DS games are all region free though are all the games that are working DS stuff?

Any DSi-enhanced game is region-locked when played on a DSi or 3DS system. The only real exception are the NA release of the Pokemon games, since for whatever region they're region-free.

This isn't something I'm just imaging, Solatorobo didn't show up on this damn system until recently, and for whatever reason literally everything bar out-of-region DLC is working fine now when I have nothing region-free set to on in the CFW settings.

I'm legit confused, and a little spooked.

Did you update Luma? Maybe the newer version broke the toggle and region-free is just always on now? Either way I wouldn't really worry about it.

Here's the thing - the region-lock was still there after I installed Luma. Hell, it was only in the last few days that it started working - and when it did, I hadn't done a thing besides install the Pokemon Sun/Moon demo from the JP eShop.

Actually, hold that thought. I'm gonna update my NA N3DS XL to the latest FW for it's emuNAND and install the demo… then try running it in Japanese, instead of the English I ran the Japanese version of the demo in.

It might be crazy, but maybe that did something? I don't see why it would, but I've got nothing else that might've done this.

for what purpose

I haven't installed A9LH on my N3DS XL yet. I did install it on my Japanese N3DS.

I'll do it sometime this week, I hardly use the damn thing give me a break.

a9lh is really easy to install on an n3ds

I know, I just did it on my JP one. I haven't done it on the NA one yet, because I don't use the N3DS XL much.

Do I need to do THIS first, or do I need to get CFW first? I have V10.5 at present. Still need a bigger SD card.

Forgot the pic.

And before I do that thing they're telling me to do in the e-mail, I should probably do System Transfer for a lost system, right? So would it be CFW and then system update and transfer, followed by assigning my NNID to the new old system as highlighted in the e-mail?

You need the console on hand to system transfer.
CFW before you link your NNID, and then redownload all the games. You can't do a system transfer as the 3ds is gone.

I see, thanks a lot for the help
Just wondering, why do I have to use it? Ive never had to use it before to get something to work

What's a good site to lurk for news in the 3dsbrew community?

That doesnt seem to work either, all i get is a black screen

I suppose the subreddit

Alright, I got it. Might as well post what I did here. What I had to do was put the NAND_emu.bin I made from this step github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-EmuNAND and put back in /files9/, go to emunand9 and do step 6.
Free games and shit here I come.

Jesus Christ, how hard is it to emulate 20-year-old hardware? I get that SNES9X was mostly made with x86/amd64 in mind, so it will be slow, but does blargSNES have known issues with music or something? I know it has issues with sound if it's run through gateway or the homebrew menu, but I'm running it as a cia and the sound effects work fine, just not the music.

How do i get the DLC to work with the SMT IV and SMT IV Apocalypse undubs? I keep getting an add-on content not recognized error when i start the games.
I already tried Luma Locale switcher to set the games in the correct region but no dice.

Are you using the Japanese DLC or the US DLC?

US. Using Canzah's undubs from 3DSiso.

Try to use the Japanese DLC, since I believe the undub was originally a Japanese copy of the game.

I was just thinking about this, but I'm sure there's a reason this wouldn't work and I need to see if someone can explain it to me, but since OOT3dhax works for getting to HBL on 11.1 and there are save managers for 3ds, do we really need to transfer from the CFW 3ds to get dsiware downgrade to work?

I Doubt that's it since even if i download the DLC with freeshop i get the same error.

DSI games are stored in the nand. You need some kind of hax to edit their saves
You're on the right lines though. People are working on ways to edit dsi saves using kernel11 access, which you can use with 11.1 homebrew

So the save editors we have now wouldn't be able to get to it(yet)? Is that what I'm getting here?

Yeah pretty much. Well you can, you just need access that homebrew can't give you

Any GBA emulators that work for O3DS?

The built-in one works fairly well.

It's a USA region copy? That should definitely work if you did it correctly. Check the filename and location, and check the contents. Also make sure region emulation is enabled, it's in Luma3DS settings.

Built-in is barely an emulator anyway, it's in Wine.

and it works better than everything else

You can put the thing to sleep when playing with GBA injects now right? It isn't like when the ambassador games first came out?

Yes. Luma patches it so they can sleep when its closed. It will say it won't, but if you try it you'll see the screen turn off.

Can confirm that this happens. It wont dim the LED but it does turn of the screen

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
.t Holla Forums

How do I use it with GBA roms? Sorry for spoonfeeding

You'll find plenty of gba vc injects as .cia's in the OP. You could also check 3dsiso. I've also released a guide for making your own, which you'll find in post 3

Thanks my dude

Either find a preexisting inject or inject it yourself. Read the op for the injector.

thanks man

Okay so I bought SMT4 on the eshop and the dub is horrible. I found an undub romfs file and it works perfectly. The problem is I have to launch it from hans which is a huge pain and also means I have to hard shutdown the system if I wanna play something else. Is there anyway to either patch it from within the system menu or permanently patch it so I don't have to worry. Or am I going to have to find an undub CIA then reinstall it and recover the save.

You can make a layeredfs plugin for NTR.

how do I do that?

Canzah's latests version of the SMT IV undub has subbed cutscenes now. And yes its a cia.

If only i could get the fucking DLC to work.

Disregard that i suck i cock.

The option to fake regions was not enabled in the boot menu so naturally Luma Locale switcher did fuck all.
Shit works fine now.

I don't remember exactly how, but basically you take the layeredfs source code, make necessary changes (input the directory you will put the patch in, put the exefs of the game in the right folder, etc.), and compile. Then you place the unpacked romfs into the directory you specified.

how do I install freeshop?
and with this do i still need a flashcart?

the same way you install every .cia
only if your flash cart is for .3ds. You'll still need a .nds flash cart.

I don't know how you install a .cia file

with FBI

or dev menu if you're not a pleb

it's shit

user, don't kid yourself

Guys?

nintendoeverything.com/3ds-update-11-2-0-35-out-now/

I keep getting this error message
What am i doing wrong

Well, Luma3ds does have write protection. I guess I'll be the first goy to test it out.

what nand are you insalling to? do you have a9lh?

it doesn't overwrite a9lh but I was unable to boot sysnand

This guy might know the answer

Im using the homebrowser
and a sandisk 32gb sd card

Nand, user, not ad card. Sounds like you haven't even completed the guide.

Final verdict on the new update:
Don't install it

What'd it break?

user made a funny

Not entirely sure. a9lh was not overwritten and luma3ds was able to boot. But when luma3ds attempt to boot sysnand it said something about FIRM 1 patch not being able to load/boot or something. But luckily, as aforementioned, a9lh was intact and I was able to restore my sysnand.

I really liked the green flavor text added to the recent update for hourglass9, really spiced up the experience of backing up and restoring a nand

Latest Luma Nightly doesn't work, but Stable does.

For some reason the 3ds microSD transfer is not working. It connects to my network, but it is not showing up in my computer's network as it had before. Anyone else had this happen? I really don't want to go back to taking my plates off.

FUCK

Accidental updater here, it fucked up NTR Compability. I'm so sad, just when I was about to use cheats for the Sun/Moon demo.

AGGGGG

Thank god I have a .bin NAND backup, but should I?
First time doing a rollback, this won't fuck with my saves, right?

Any games you installed after you made the dump will be irrecoverably gone I think, you'll have to reinstall them

well a little, you have to reinstall cias that weren't there before, which in turn delete your current saves
back them up first with jksv

LOL THERE'S AN UPDATE LOL

WHAT'S IT DO?

It makes your mother realize she never loved you.

F U C K

Already installed, huh? There's no going back.

Actually I didn't. :^)))

That's what your mother said when you went to ask her if she ever loved you.

S T A B I L I T Y

Someone from gbatemp said "if your using Luma Nightly. you need an 11.1NFIMR firmware.bin and enable that in config to load external firms and place the bin in /luma". I think that should fix any boot problems. I still haven't upgraded though.

Since that quote had terrible grammar, I'll try to translate.

If you're using Luma Nightly, you need an 11.1NFIMR firmware.bin. Pllace the bin in /luma on your SD. Boot holding select, enable the "Enable FIRMs…" option.

I'd rather just wait for aurora to fix his cfw

So on O3DS with Luma CFW(not nightly iirc), how would I go about updating?

Luma stable updates work on 11.2, nightlies don't, apparently.

So just update with the regular system update on the 3ds then if you're on a stable release?

Can confirm, I just updated and i'm just fine(stable luma3ds release on o3ds)

It looks like luma3ds has been updated to support v11.2
Going to try it out.

Nope, but it certainly does look like some effort is being put into making his hourlies compatible with luma

Some development
gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-11-2-autofirm-for-downgrade.446203/

Wow, can you not? It is literally the
[CURRENT YEAR]

Does that 3 mile radius include a cheap electronics store, like Best Buy or Big W?
Just buy a $5 adapter. You're getting free games. A new console, adapter and 64/128GB SD card will set you back a tad, but you can pirate $500 worth of games in a single night.

i have a life plan on neetness and if i allow myself to spend money like this i might not have enough to live in 60 years also you're implying that shit is cheap in a 3rd world shithole

Well, which shithole is it? I'm sure you can find a company online that ships, unless you're in fucking Uganda.

Bolivia

$8 US or so for shipping from Amazon. The neet life isnt the life to lead, my drug-growing friend.

FUCK
And I was going to dsiware downgrade 3 3ds's today too. Please tell me there's still hope for doign this on 11.1.

Why wouldn't there be?

wait a second i did it
my 3DS doesn't actually have a regular SD card, it's a microsd with an adaptor which i use since microsds use less power and i can have a better battery life with this (i also did things such as unwiring some lights on the 3DS to save more power).
So i put the microsd card in my phone and ran disk destroyer then piped the output through my local network

eshop requires the update, no experience in soldering

Well, the base version of Luma is compatible with v11.2. Just make sure you don't have an hourly.

After getting the game, just downgrade back to 11.1. You 3DS should be hacked for downloading fieldrunners anyway.

doesn't system transfer only work on latest firmware though? And if I can transfer on 11.1, is downgrading back to 11.1 as simple as loading a sysnand backup?

Yeah, but you can use httpwn or whatever it's called to do it anyway.
And if I can transfer on 11.1, is downgrading back to 11.1 as simple as loading a sysnand backup?
Normally that would be the case, but because DSi games are saved to the NAND, you're gonna have to find a thing that will work with sysUpdater or PlaiSysUpdater, or whatever the fuck people normally use for downgrading these days.

So I'm getting a nag for 11.2 now. That's fine, I've got everything in place so I don't have to worry, but my only confusion is on the nightly vs. stable Luma releases. The updater says my current version is 6.3.1-b3e3a293 (dev), which seems to coincide with the latest release on the github page, but I don't know if the hash and (dev) in the version indicate a nightly or not. Am I good to go ahead and update, or do I have to redo shit with Luma?

Go ahead and update. I was in your same position. You're basically on a stable build.

new bread

link?