Which game used licensed music best?

Which game used licensed music best?

Vice City is an obvious choice, as is Stubbs the Zombie and Fallout New Vegas, personally though MGSV for all its flaws used music from around the time to really set a vibe. Hearing vid related at the start was so different to the opening to MGS1 back in the day but for what was ultimately the first "ill fuck anyone over for my goal no matter how close" thing Big Boss would do it was such a perfect "welcome to the true mans world" moment to kick off the game.

What other games are like this for you? Alan Wakes another good one and so is Tony Hawks in a nostalgic way.

It's not technically licensed since it's public domain but LOOM.

Who aggressive inline here?

-Battlefield Vienam
-Crazy Taxi
-Spiderman 2

I was a San Andreas fan myself.

Burnout Paradise

HEY HEY YOU YOU I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

Man, it's been too long since I played AI, I hadn't even realized I liked this song. Good times, thanks user

I'd like to see a huge fantasy RPG use nothing but licensed music, assuming the sound director actually picked tracks that suit each area and event instead of thrash and dubstep.

When Rock n' Roll Racing came out: "Whoa, real music from real bands, this is so awesome!"

Nowadays: "Meh, licensed music, lazy dev couldn't even bother hiring a composer to do an original soundtrack."

grass is greener etc etc

It's called Fortunate Son, moron.

There are these things called "jokes", young user.

Get memed on, kiddo.

Holla Forums was a mistake.

I just want a game that features Skull Fist, Enforcer, Elm Street and Dream Evil's Dragon Slayers. But it'll never happen because the music industry is Jews.

What did he mean by this?

Mhuaahaaaaa my board now longer even has a reason to exist!

Guitar Hero.
It has a reason for the licensed music. The music is overall good. It's one of the few rhythm games with not only tolerable music, but actually good music.

Guitar Hero 2 is the best western rythmn game ever made.

I think it overall had the better music, but I played 3 much more than I did 2. That and I felt 3 was more challenging than 2.

mario kart 64

underage detected. go back to reddit, kiddo

Spec Ops the Line gets my vote.

All the licensed music essentially gets worked into the score and it lets them cover a pretty wide range of musical tones for downbeat or intense moments while still feeling cohesive.

I bet you like prog rock too

Saints Row 3, while a shit game in most aspects, has a really fun mission where you seize an enemy penthouse while Stronger by Kanye West plays.

It's a really good moment, almost fooled me into thinking the rest of the game would be good.

Get out, you philistine.

Fuck, I meant 'power'.

The problem is that, if you saw the trailer, that moment had less charm and fun to it because the song was already used previously for advertisement purposes.

True, still, I thought it was a solid use of licensed music to paint a scene.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL

Need for Speed series

IT'S THE BIG SHOW

I really liked this part from Black Ops; getting Won't Back Down to play during the zombies mode is pretty good too.

Vice City's up there. But I'd also say Bioshock. I love the music in that and I wish they'd made a soundtrack with them all.

In the end I did hunt down every track from both Bioshock 1 and 2, but it was a pain.

Vice City and Vice City Stories had the best soundtracks simply because the 80s were fucking great.

Vampire Bloodlines has some great Industrial.

Yeah I think vtmb is probably one of the best uses of licensed music, not only is every track perfect for the area it's in, most of them even have lyrics that emphasize the story and characters in the area as well. The asylum, ash's club and the last round are the most obvious examples but there are some more subtle ones too like confession and the empire arms hotel.

Spec Ops

IT
AINT
ME

Rock and Roll is the saturated trans fats of music. Expand your taste, Phillistine.

dozing daschunds

disgruntled plebian millennial detected.

Please go jerk off over your cuck indie and vaporwave music on >>>/mu/

fuck you nog, i bet you don't even synth

That's not licensed nigger. That's an OST.
ORIGINAL Soundtrack

I was referring to cucks who buy into le rock is bad meme, as usually they listen to indie pap and weightless electronic music

Elite Beat Agents
Difficulty: "You're the Inspiration by Chicago" with no tears

I'd love to see a game with missions based on classic power ballads, all woven together in a loosely fitting story arc, e.g. motorcycle chase sequence while "Bat Outta Hell" is playing, a one-man-army last-stand mission while "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake is blaring in the background, etc.

kek

Well, I think that metal is better than rock. NIN doing the music to Quake, or Blind Guardian to Sacred 2, for example.

Does Memelands count as licensed?

overreacted a bit too apologies

Otherwise I agree, I'm a metalhead as well, but without rock, metal wouldn't exist. Faggots who spout le dad rock meme I honestly think are low T limpdicked cucks who believe they must listen the music equivalent to something that sounds "deep" so they can feel some sense of self worth, because listening to music that's just fun is hard for them.

As did i. sorry user

DOING EVERYTHING I CAN

Mafia II has some comfy licensed 50s music.

HOLDING ON TO WHAT I AM

I think NHL 08 or 09 had Scorpions, Judas Priest and Megadeath songs on it's playlist.

AT 17 SHANNON IS PREGNANT

crazy taxi?

My nig

Now you're my nig.

Embedded is my personal favorite Wipeout song.

Cuckstar cant keep getting away

One of those remixes that is better than the original.

no lie
my fav wipeout song
not sure what it is about Wip3out, but the music just doesn't do it for me like it does in the previous games

In general? Or specifically? If we're talking specifically, Bonnie Tyler's "I need a hero" at the end of Saint's Row III was very good either ironically or straight depending on your choices.

I think it's because Wip3out is more heavy on trance and percussion based tracks instead of the techno and big beat tracks in 2097. 2097 is overall more well rounded, but Wip3out's soundtrack is still incredible.

I guess a game like wipeout that relies so heavily on a certain cool-factor can't afford to be stuck in the past, and that includes the music

welll , that s the 1st thing that come to mind
17:30 for FF

dam so .. right on !
i got this one one gamecube and even in 2016 he still is my favourit. the only one where if you play with a friend you can go back and fuck with the police without having this feeling that the game "push you forward" like the 2010 version.

(also i don t know how but i manage to litteraly KO my ferrari 550 barchettaIIRC it only happend one though …)