The real reason grocery store pre-baked food is bad

I'm convinced, there is a reason why pre baked bakery goods and meals taste fair-poor from EVERY grocery store, no matter how expensive it is.
So, excellent recipes have existed for basically everything we eat today for more than 100 years and grocery stores would be on the inside scoop to get all the best recipes, because they ARE the DIY cooking business.

So why,
why do grocery store pre baked meals, cakes, pies, cookies, consistently subpar?
why do they never make them taste any better? They know how and it wouldn't even cost more money in most cases.

You know why ultimately I believe this is the case?

Because if grocery stores just had a good quality cantina inside of them, that you could get quality meals from that were baked just right on a conveyer system/assembly line there would be a whole lot of wives that wouldn't have much use anymore.

Literally, the husband would have to pay more to keep her fed and clothed and happy, than he would paying extra for the grocery store to cook his quality homestyle meal,
which would ultimately mean that women would spend far far less money at grocery stores
and would eat out all the time and make themselves fat and unattractive
and the social cohesion would take a HUGE hit, all from having just ONE of their primary jobs done for them.

Okay

Or they could just be using the cheapest ingredients possible.

You should try Publix bread user. Shit is good.

I think Jamal and Pablo just don't know how to fucking cook well.
Also you must go to literal shit stores because pre-made food at Tops and the AP is great.

home cooking is literally just using lots of butter. Same with French cooking. Most prepackaged foods don't have butter, and the fats they do include are crap.

Fat, Salt, Sugar, Spices are what make things taste good.

so big groceries are involved in a grand conspiracy to .. keep marriages together? But your argument makes the assumption that modern women can cook, and they clearly cannot. Ask anyone under 30 who is married. The pathetic thing is that's it not hard. Compared to most household tasks it's pretty fun and rewarding. But I guess it's not the club or nigger dick so fuuuuuck, amirite?

depends on the grocery store and the location. where I am, in the city the food is shit everywhere and priced poorly, but out in the (white) suburbs it's much better. none of it beats my own cooking, though

OP's perspective on things must be so comfortable, it's a shame it's completely divorced from reality on so many levels at once.

Clever little slide thread, but it's not enough. sage and reported.

nailed it. If you buy the store branded pre made guacamole it is made from avocados and tomatoes they would otherwise throw away. They use meat from the latest possible date to make sandwiches and lettuce that has brown spots.

Not true, there are plenty of great home cooking recipes to make that involve no butter at all, My slow cooker pot roast is a good example, it is the best meat dish I can make.

I like the quad dubs, but your point is bad (about the women, not about the wasted thread. KYS OP). You SHOULD be able to cook for yourself because it is healthier and cheaper, but then you should find a woman who either knows how or is willing to learn how to cook to do that shit for you because it is tedious as hell. Women are better at doing stupid things like cooking in a non professional capacity because they have a shot glass worth of personality and thus can "express themselves" through shit they found on pinterest.

Or maybe because they use the cheapest shit they can get their hands on, overcook it to assuage the risk of food poisoning and most of it sits in cases or under heating lamps/steam trays for hours - or even days in packaging, in the case of baked goods.

The problem is when you prepare it at home you can afford to make something that won't last for days because you're cooking and eating it right then and there. Stores can't do that without huge increases in cost, so what they do is add stuff to make it last. There's food you can easily conserve for a long time without ruining the taste, there's food you just can't. Want to be mad at something be mad at chemistry, for once companies aren't at fault.

Couldn't it just be the fact that you have shitty supermarkets near you? Also who the fuck goes to the grocery store to get baked goods. Why do you know, go to a baker?

Come up to New York and I'll slap you across the face with a real fucking hero.

MUH BIG GROCERY! NO CANTINA CONSPIRACY!!!! MUH CONVEYOR TENDIES!!

I don't have a Winn-Dixie anywhere near me. Looks like only a handful in all of Georgia.

You couldn't pay me enough to step foot into the almost California-tier commie shithole that is New York.

Sage because this thread is bad.

No, you're fucking wrong. Pay attention, now, because this is important.

Think about what wheat is to America. Think about this single crop. Wheat is roughly HALF of the American diet; last year, Americans consumed roughly a ton of wheat per person. It is the definition of a staple food product in this country.

Wheat in this day and age is not what it used to be. It's been bred, genetically and chemically altered specifically for SHELF LIFE. Corporate farms, the same farms that use chemical pesticides and rejuvenate the soil with artificial nutrients, have intentionally bred all of the whole grains out of wheat so that the products they ship out to stores can better survive the shipping process and last on store shelves much longer.

What's worse, the loss of the whole grains in wheat means that not only are you losing the flavor, you're also losing all the nutritional value, as well. What are you buying at the store to eat or cook with when you get bread, flour, or any kind of cookies or crackers? You're buying bleached and enriched flour. You're literally buying genetically modified wheat plants that have fewer nutrients than before, sprayed with harmful chemical pesticides, ground up and chemically bleached for color, with additional nutrients added that were 'lost' during the preparation process.

The shit you're eating from every store, shop, and restaurant you will ever eat at in America has been intentionally destroyed by (((corporations))) to save a few extra bucks of overhead. For something that is not only consumed by half of Americans, but is also something so integrally tied to our very identity as the United States of America, it's a national fucking tragedy to see this shit happen.

To save a few dollars of overhead.

By the way, I recommend looking into this guy, Dan Barber. He's a large proponent of farm-to-table, and he was featured on season 1 of Netflix's Chef's Table, where he describes this actual process I discussed and goes into great detail describing how he makes his food taste so good; it revolves around effectively making a farm a large ecosystem where you don't just grow plants, but you have cows and chickens and pigs and goats and fish and a bunch of other things that all feed off of each other and naturally make everything healthier, and thus taste better. He also has a ton of really interesting ideas for food that made his restaurant insanely popular. Stuff like feeding chickens hot peppers to make their yolks red and spicy, because they're immune to capsaicinor butters made from a single cow's milk, side by sideor actually breeding grains back into wheat. **The series is also great for foodies, though at this point I'd recommend that you

I'd recommend that you find the episode on hooktube or somewhere else.

I'm going to go commit sudoku for fucking that post up and double-posting to fix it.

social cohesion has already taken a huge hit dipshit, and its not because of big-ag

Every self-respecting Holla Forumsack should go to Jew York at least once just for the museums.

You're telling me that baked goods and foods taste better homemade? Get out of town, Chaim. Tell me something though. watcha slidin?

You mean permaculture?

Yeah, that's the word. Emulating an ecosystem in a farm setting so that each aspect of the farm feeds off of the next, naturally enriching and improving the entire process. I had to look it up. I'd never heard the actual term before, but you're right on the money.

WELCOME TO /REDDIT/ EVERYONE

read the ingredients. you might even find sponge extract, like sponges from the ocean. in your bread.

Where do you live that has terrible bakery goods at the grocery store, or at least not better than the leading brands? I mean the deli is one thing, but the bakery quite another

Oh, I see. This is a slide thread

OP YOU FUCKING GAY NIGGER GO LEARN SOME FOOD SCIENCE AND ABOUT MAKING FOOD AT SCALE

Farm to Table can be a Prison or College Farm, no Rules.
Tribune in IL owns both Food Network and Cooking Channel (perhaps why every other contestant is LGBTQlmnopxyz)
Organic coming from Third World Countries going to Restaurants (Country Origin only labeled if in Grocery Store) demanding high prices, lining the pockets of said countries.
No Country of Origin for Beef, even in Grocery Store, so if it does not say sourced in the USA it is not. Grass Fed means nothing, Angus means nothing.
Farms in the USA serve as distribution points, as they are companies, for foreign products.
The list goes on and on about the scams of the Farm to Table and Organic Restaurants.

Thank God I'm not American. Literally all the bread in my country is from small bakeries where you can literally see how its made or from the very same grocery store its sold at. I can't really grasp how you americans can eat that fake gay ass sliced bread that I always see in your media.

I'm not talking about the obvious scams people run under the name of farm-to-table or organics, I'm talking about the good things a permaculture farming community could potentially do to help a society. Good food makes good people, and better food makes better people. Natural nutrition and flavor are tied together at an evolutionary level because healthier and tastier food is more likely to get picked in nature, therefore natural selection favors those plants and animals that are healthier and provide more nutrition.

Everything revolves around food. Everything has to eat. Consume other plants and animals to live. Culture itself grew out of food.

Bitch please.

Modern women can't cook. That's why grocery store food sucks. They hire women to make it.

This isn't politics. Pathetic reddit-tier garbage. SAGE

t. american
i import all of my food

not really, but i avoid shit thats ruined. its honestly very hard. somehow even meat is fucked in this country (they soak chicken in fat sauce to make it look bigger and they superglue pieces of beef together to make steaks)

nigger this is the reason theres so many nu-males running around

I think you gave me a stroke. WTH is pre baked, bakery goods? I don't know where you shop, but there's several big groceries where I am that have open bakeries on the premises turning out uber tier bread. Expensive, but worth it. So, so good.

Outsourced BAKED goods, come from COMMERCIAL bakeries where pennies matter and it's an ingredients issue. Not bad for you per se, just not as tasty. It's price over quality. As a consumer you decide what's worth it to you. Or maybe you're on a budget and that's also an issue. But yeah, no conspiracy there.

It's genuinely interesting that you believed anyone would care about this post. You're just poor and trying to jew every last penny.