I don't care what anybody says, this is classic RE

I don't care what anybody says, this is classic RE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S-whnhK8IxU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=oxW4eBdRF_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's the link to the official RE channel, for some reason the site was not letting me post it

youtube.com/watch?v=S-whnhK8IxU&feature=youtu.be

Kill yourself.

How good is the pay for shilling? Also,

Funny thing is that original REs controlled like first person games, but from fixed camera perspective.

I don't remember being able to strafe in RE.

>OP sees a vid off nu ResidentEvil

I swear, I just got dumber reading this.

I does feel like classic RE compared to the turd like RE5 and RE6

how can trips, responding to doubles, be so wrong?

Do you honestly browse Holla Forums expecting to get smarter?

You do realize this isn't the first RE games in first person right? And are you implying RE5 and RE6 somehow feels like RE games?

RE5 and RE6 weren't trying to be amnesia clones.

Sounds like RE alright.

Touché

I dont remember amnesia have shotgun

That's pretty classic RE, tbh.

So, its "Amnesia with guns" now, huh? Thats how this new RE is going to be different, but cool?

No, but they were trying to be Gears of War and [insert another generic third person shooter].

No, its RE with real RE feeling.
Sorry I didn't fell for "meme" game from 2010, you probably think slender man is scary too.

Well, let's wait for it to come out and we'll see. Or we could try to break down a :34 second teaser like a bunch of reddit-tier faggots.

I think you mean they were trying to be Resident Evil 4, which predates GoW.

RE4 didn't have breakdancing martial artist, boulder punching and explosion every 2 second ala Die Hard

RE 4 is just as ridiculous as 4, if not more so.

*just as ridiculous as 5

Leon in RE4 feel more human than Chris in RE5 or that faggot in RE6. he can't do ninja flip, he can't punch boulder, he just an ordinary guy. Even the CQC moves is not over the top. RE also have the atmosphere right, you dont constantly have a gun fight and shooting at wave after wave of enemies, thats why theres no cover mechanic in RE4 except for a small section of the game.

I think suplexing dudes and smashing their heads, or kicking their fucking heads off is pretty superhuman.
Ada does when you play her campaign.
Go watch the Krauser cutscene with leon.
See: above
user did you forget the entire island section?

I'm beginning to think you either haven't played RE4 at all, or haven't played it in several years and don't remember it.

Something something pseudozombie, something something weaker bone structure something something why do you think suplexing dudes is superhuman? or smashing their heads at all?
Because she's built for agility and getting away from things, also we're not talking about Ada.
Played it multiple times, you're going to have to be more specific with your complaint
See: above

I will concede that the island section dropped off really fucking hard though.

Having familiar mechanics is all nice and dandy but if the gameplay around them is shit or they dont fit with the rest of the game then it wont do much good.

This is like saying RE4 was just like classic RE because it had the herb system and zombies.

I'm not complaining, quite the contrary, 4 is my favorite title in the series by far. I was originally explaining to that 5 and 6 take after 4, not Gears of War.

then jumped in and started memeing it up, so I explained to him why he was wrong, and that 5 is just as over the top as 4.

This is the Krauser scene, you think this is over the top? Solid Snake do more flip than this in Twin Snake

But we're not talking about solid snake. We're talking about RE 4 and 5. The only thing people even remember from 5 is the boulder punching at the end.

Remember when Leon gets chased by a giant robot statue?

Remember when Leon rides on a giant fucking bulldozer just driving through walls and shooting niggers?

Remember when Leon went full Call of Duty with a friendly chopper following him around blowing shit up with rockets and a minigun?

There's all kinds of ridiculousness in 4, but people act like 5 somehow came out of left field with that stuff.

This is an ACTUAL shill thread by a paid capcom employee and the fact that this thread isn't entirely composed of people saging and telling OP to go kill himself literally means Holla Forums is dead.
Every single poster in this thread that didn't sage is the exact reason why Holla Forums is dying.

I'm not going to lie, the way RE7 is shaping up is quite interesting. I was pissed at the demo though, because that only served to showcase basic gameplay elements like breakable boxes and the inclusion of handgun ammo, when those things would be better off shown in short videos. I'm also concerned with overly-scripted sequences, which again, were present in the demo that did nothing for me. So basically watching trailers has been more exciting than the playing the fucking thing.

Regardless, what I think really tarnished modern RE games was the co-op (especially when playing alone, because the AI was trash) and the fact you could replay missions (pretty sure RE6 worked the same way as RE5 in that regard), because it allows you to farm resources, skill points and whatnot, which destroys the whole point of SURVIVAL horror. That's why I loved The Evil Within so fucking much, despite being wonky as shit. Forget the over-the-top moments in cut-scenes or QTEs, that is just dressing. What matters is the game making you conserve resources along the way.

Even if it is a shill thread, it's still better than 3/4 of the other shit threads in the catalog. At least we're talking about fucking videogames.

I'm talking about character, if you want to talk about over the top situation, even RE1-3 have it

Even with all these crazy fight, the character still grounded. RE5 take that to the next level and become more action type game than survival horror. RE5 also failed to get the atmosphere right because of the partner system

What how dare you. Resident evil had the smartest puzzles and logic ever!

RE5 was trying to be RE4. I still have no idea what the fuck RE6 was trying to be. Seemed it wanted to be a little bit of everything, but it failed hard at doing that.

Sure he doesn't punch a boulder into lava, but he's pretty fucking ridiculous.

Classic RE, you say?
This is just yet another fruitless attempt at rekindling some interest in a franchise that has long since past its prime and is now clinging to life support like some cancer ridden elderly fuck who is rich enough to keep the iron lung a-pumping and whose relatives can't wait until the moment he stops breathing so they can squabble over the estate.

youtube.com/watch?v=oxW4eBdRF_I
UHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S NOT A TYPEWRITER UHHH NOT MUH RESIDENT EVIL

BUT 6 AND MERCENARIES ARE MY FAVORITES BTW

Also, you're describing Resident Evil 6, not 7.

Explain the forced co-op then. They wanted that audience.

If anything the older RE games had more in common with Italian exploitation film making, bad acting, tons of gore, and zombies everywhere.

What forced coop? It's Ashley all over again, except this time she's useful, and can optionally be played by another person.

No, more like

The first part of Leon/Helena's campaign in 6 was pretty good. I just want muh t-virus zombies back. No more plagas variants, just T and G virus pls capcom.

yeah, I mean, just look at all the zombies they have shown off so far…. wait, there are no zombies? Just hillbillies with super powers… oh.

Ashley's only with you for like half the game, she also quickly hides behind you when shooting. Sheva AI is trash, constantly stands in front of you, uses health items the second you get a scratch, and constantly steals your ammo.

I don't think we played the same game, user. Go beat RE 4 on Professional and get back to me on that one.

What said.

Face it, RE5 was built as a multiplayer game based off the success of games like GoW and the countless other shooters back then. Same goes for RE6, but Capcom (unsuccessfully) tried to bring back those core fans who complained about 5. RE5 is not a bad game, but it's a poor RE game. End of story.

I'm not a jaded cynic, so far from what I've seen from 7 is good, I'm not that afraid of change and the game would in a worse state if it just another carbon copy of 6.

Having to protect Ashley is one of the worst experiences a person could have in a video game. And the buddy AI in 5 and 6 are absolutely terrible.

I've beat RE4 a few dozen times, a good portion of them have been on professional. Ashley is no where as bad as AI Sheva.

Nah, plays just fine as a singleplayer game.
Nope, but feel free to fuck off with your bad arguments and shit opinions :^)

Post up them cheevos, user, because either you've never actually played 5, or you've never beaten 4 on Pro (or both), because Ashley is beyond worthless, and Sheva with a sniper rifle is a complete bro and extremely effective.

Yeah, well I'm not blinded by corporate famboyism or baseless optimism. Change isn't the problem, the problem is that Capcom have shown time and time again that they have no fucking idea what they're doing. They can make some good choices (Dragon's Dogma PC port) but for every good choice they make, it is followed by a litany of questionable actions and changes that only leave a sour taste in one's mouth.

Go try and build hype somewhere else. This is going to be yet another design by committee shitshow. I'd love to be proven wrong. I'll change my tune after the game is released and people see for themselves how it actually holds up. Until then, "hype" is cancer and I'd kindly ask you to GO BACK TO FUCKING REDDIT RRRRREEEEEEEEEE contain your enthusiasm

There is something wrong with you user.

I just said one thing, that it doesn't look so terrible in my opinion. I don't browse reddit because reddit is full of people like yourself, who think that making lengthy, wordy posts makes your opinion superior to others, faggot. People like you are ruining this place because you can't help yourselves and have to start a shit and get your panties all in a bunch because someone is talking about a game you don't like.

Sure, it's a great game that's only made better with a friend. Not as good as 4, but still decent.

RE 4 > 2 > REmake > CV > 5 > 1 > 3 > 6

It's an extremely short spinoff game with very little content, and much of the content is recycled from 2.

Again. Ashley is only with you for half the game, that right there puts her leagues above Sheva. Sheva is just an annoying resource hog with terrible AI. As long as you aren't retarded Ashely should never lose any health.

who gives a fuck, it has the best gameplay of any of the old school REs. It's even smoother to play than REmake which followed it. Plus it has more content than REmake by far. I love REmake but if you're gonna rate it so high and 3 so low you're clearly out of your depth.

Not seeing the proof that you've actually completed 4 and 5 on Professional. Doing a clean Pro run without the suit of armor, or typewriter, or PRL, is a fucking nightmare for half the game because of how much damage Ashley takes and how many fucking healing items you have to waste on her.

Meanwhile give Sheva the bolt action sniper rifle in 5 the second you get it and feed her the ammo, and she'll just wreck shit all day.

Obviously if you're cheesing it with the suit of armor it's like she's not even there, but I consider that cheating just as much as infinite ammo unlocks in 5.

Oh, you're ironically shitposting. You could have just posted smug cartoons earlier to let me know.

HOL UP
Let me stop your memetext right there, friend. Firstly, I couldn't give a flying fuck what you think. You think this game looks good, well that's perfectly fine. I am happy for you. I never said you shouldn't, are not able to, or are even unwelcome from expressing your true opinion. Just so we're clear

HAVING AN OPINION IS PERFECTLY FINE, EVEN IF IT DISAGREES WITH WHAT I THINK

Now that's out of the way, let's move on to the rest of your bullshit
I never called you a shill. Don't put words in my mouth. However, if you look at the OP, you'll see that it is expressing a positive opinion of the content in question (which is FINE, by the way) without adequately expressing why. You have a positive opinion of something that we virtually know nothing about aside from some social media marketing? Why's that?

All I said was that I disagreed with your opinion, and that hype is something that consumers should try and avoid. So, go ahead, talk about the media that is available for this game. Talk about the demo, and even express your shitty opinions. All well and good. However, maybe it would be within your best interest to realize that you're basing your opinions on carefully calculated media that is NOT going to represent the product in question. There's no way to know what the end product will be like until it is on store shelves or otherwise in the hands of the public at large. Therefore, your positive outlook is questionable at best and blinded at worst.

So, fuck you.

I love RE3 and I think it's underrated but REmake is a much better game.

What the fuck? Explain.

He's saying tank controls are pretty much just like first person.

The 'tank' controls, which are sort of like first person shooter controls if you couldn't strafe and had your movespeed limited.

In the tutorial alone, you have Michael Bay explosion and and crashing helicopter in a building. This aint survival horror, its straight up hollywood action garbage

:^)

Sorry that my PS2 is fucking dead and I didn't take a picture of the hundreds of hours i put into the game. Also you sound like you don't know shit, you can't take PRL into Professional mode without beating it once you fucking retard.

Again if you're letting Ashley get hit at all it's your own fault. She makes it so easy to avoid letting her get hit.

Yeah and she'll get hit by everything and waste healing items like there's no tomorrow.

Not that user but I think posters like you make Holla Forums a better place.

bait is shit, you are shit, kill ur self my man

No proof = no argument, sorry champ.
Which is why I said a clean save. How are you not understanding this?
Never happened to me. Maybe you're just shit, or maybe you've never even played it and are just regurgitating what you saw someone else say.

|
|\
| >
|
|
|

What can I say, I love me some Resident Evil™ and other excellent Capcom® products.

That's not how arguing works, sorry champ.
Ashley is with you half the game, she hides behind you when shooting and isn't in your way constantly.
Sheva is with you the whole game, constantly walks in front of you, uses your healing items, and gets hit more often.
Ashley is superior.
Do you not understand how retarded that was user? Because it was pretty fucking retarded.
Tell me what skills do I use to stop my AI partner from picking up healing items and using them all the time when they only have an inch off their health bar? Because I'd love to know. what mad skill is that?

Sure it does. I can bake up my argument with proof that I've actually done what I've said I've done. You can't, because you're a lying sack of shit.
But that doesn't happen. You're literally just making shit up.

What's your major malfunction?

heh
Except you can't, your good goy cheevos on steam don't prove shit. For all I know you played RE5 with a human partner for your entire game time.
I provided reasons why Ashley is better, and your only response is

I have reasonably backed up my argument with proof, you haven't, that's really all there is to it. Since you appear to be incapable of producing any proof of your own, I think we're done here.

Twas fun, user.

Do you need proof that Ashley doesn't consume your resources like Sheva does? Or that you can tell her to wait or hide, which would be extremely useful in RE5? What he's saying is factual.