Non korean MMOs?

So I need a new, non korean MMO to play. I prefer free to play with the option to subscribe, because it lets me try the game out and see if I like it enough to gibs dem munnies.
So far, MMO games I've played and enjoyed include Age of Conan, Star Trek Online, SWTOR, Defiance, DCUO, City of Heroes, The Secret world, and Guild Wars I and II

Anyone got some recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

pso2.jp/players/download/
steamcommunity.com/id/catsinabag/
pso2.com/us/
arks-layer.com/),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DAOC

who with the what now?

Dark Ages of Camelot

II

What happened to the other 9 games, then?

that russian mmo where you could switch classes

(but you needed to grind a lot to unlock the cool ones)

Something that doesn't look a decade old is preferable, and from what i've seen of the gameplay in dark ages of camelot, i might as well play WoW, which I never liked.

1 and 2. What's the problem?

I tend to hate grinding, but i might be willing to give it a look anyway. What's it called??

I swear from 2005+ Korea seems like an MMO programmer training camp. So many good ideas put into half-assed "games".

I really liked Gunz, and Risk Your Life. Yet they never added any depth to either, and somehow made "sequels" which were essentially the exact same games but better graphics, etc.

I've been playing Neverwinter lately. Looking for something with open-world and pvp everywhere like oldschool Asheron's Call on the Darktide pvp-only server.

If you really want to play an MMO then this game isn't that bad.

i think the russian one was Skyforge, maybe?

You could try Champions online, but its really meh

Old School Runescape

Black Desert Online

Champions online was alright for a while, but the linear storyline kind of kills it for me. I go back to it every now and again because I like writing out origins for the characters I come up with and some of the gameplay is alright.
I tried skyforge as well but I haven't found myself going back to it.

BDO is korean, and unfortunately the western release is pay to play so fuck that.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is your best bet if you're okay with an online game that doesn't have a persistent world or PvP. It's free to play, but without the vast majority of pay to win features seen in other free games. The battle system is action based, unlike the million WoW clones out there, and customization on all fronts is either amazing (character's body and clothes), decent (skill trees), or pretty good (all special attacks, both weapon and magic based). Cons are the soul crushing drop rate (Sega had to implement a system to hand out drops because only a handful of randomly selected IDs ever get the drops from bosses) and the fact that the game is casual as fuck due to being balanced around the people who mostly play it to show off their slutty space elves by dancing in the lobby.

project gorgon, there's a thread, check the catalog

Why don't you go watch a movie or something.

The problem is that there is no such thing as Guild Wars 2 you faggot. The original never had a sequel.

Do you not understand? There was never a Guild Wars sequel.

So you're a faggot then. GW2 is a fun game.

PSO2 looks pretty awful weeb tier, but I would like to give it a shot. there doesn't seem to be a launcher installer on the website, so where can I get it?

Looks neat, though I have little experience with no class mmos. Downloading it now.

heroes and generals

The combat system is pretty bog standard and felt pretty clunky to me

It's also real fucking boring because you run out of quests and have to spam the random group quests like mad

WAT

ya bdo is fucked now.
maybe if you started at launch but starting now would be dragging your feet for months

Both of Ankama's games (Dofus and Wakfu) are alright, but the former has been shat up because everyone multiboxes or begs to be powerlevelled, and the latter has been shat up by a dumb system that lets you pay to use multiple characters at once on the same account. Regardless of this the combat system is grid-based TBS which makes for much more engaging combat than most MMOs, the art and music in both games is good and the lore and classes are quite interesting and varied. I played both for a while and enjoyed them unitl I got sick of the issues I mentioned getting in the way.

I don't know if you came from Reddit, halfchan, or a somehow even shittier site than either of those. But wherever you came from, you need to go back, you Charr-loving faggot.

Don't forget

MMORPGs are to Korea as Hollywood films are to USA or what the anime industry is to Japan.

They're not going to bother pouring their heart and soul into it anymore. Buy into a proprietary game engine, pay artists to draw titties and cheese pizza, then cram as much cash shop shit into it as humanly possible while also charging a monthly subscription fee.

It's a business.

Play MOBAs instead. They're soul-shatteringly bad, but that's because you're interacting with other human beings instead of reading the world's lamest novel while grinding in unison with a chatroom.

remove idle animations after they were in the game for 2.5 years.
remove thighs and pelvises from character models with certain leg armor mostly dress can't look up skirts silly boys also i think they flat out muddy up the underwear region of females.
almost nothing new for a year till recently season 3 started up which again if you didn't log in during the time they were out you have to pay gems to access the story and shit.
most skins are funneled thru the gemstore. Not a single glider skin is earn able.
balancing is complete shit they still haven't separated pvp from pve when they did it for gw1
stop making second set of legendary weapons when it was a staple of the expansion features.

there just so many things wrong with this game.

least they brought back SAB for a bit that was probably the only nice thing and fun thing to do, halloween is coming up soon don't know if i'll farm up easy money and jew gold buyers

nah fuck mobas.

BDO as pretty decent for a time till they fucked that up not to mention the need to have the game running 24/7 and the unbelievably grindy rng bullshit upgrading system

blade and soul wasn't half bad but the only thing going for it was the pvp outside of that it was pretty bad as well as censorship.

the market is pretty open to a good mmo. i mean there is just FFXIV holding its own ground and isn't complete shit. while gw2 jews its players out of more money then sub games, and wow going back further in subs with legion being complete ass.

Non Korean MMOs

There is. The huge button that says "DOWNLOAD FOR FREE" would have been a good place to start, but here comes the airplane.
pso2.jp/players/download/
Click where it says PSO2_SETUP.exe.

The Japanese call them "atari IDs", atari being the Japanese word for winning a random draw at something. These IDs have massively boosted drop rates compared to others, and they'll be the ones Sega points to when the other 99.99% of players complain about no drops. This is why you always see the exact same people with maxed out versions of the latest shit 48 hours after it releases.

A better question would be, why aren't there any MOBAs with a dark, glry and edgy setting like Bloodborne's.

looking for wakfu bf

steamcommunity.com/id/catsinabag/

And it's really a function of the game and not random bullshit?

I wanted to into Wakfu but the game is literally unfinished

kill urself

that doesn't mean we can't have fun

are you a qt grill?

Nobody has ever proven the existence of atari IDs, and Sega denies it to the death, but if you go on Japanese boards discussing PSO2, you see them talking about how some specific player already has maxed out versions of the latest gear while the rest of the server hasn't had a single drop. I didn't really believe in atari IDs until Sega implemented a system to just hand you the drops if you run the content enough. It was an obvious attempt to prevent players from being discouraged by seeing the same handful of people getting all the drops.

you're joking, right?

won't let me play wakfu with him!

The West has yet to make a good MMO in the modern age.

UO and SWG are dead. You missed out. Your only options are the 6million WoW Clones.

n-no

But WHY

post steam id

Come play FFXIV with us you faggot.

leveling is EZ now they changed it with the first expansion to get you into the content faster.

You're right about combat being fairly standard.Some melee classes require you to move around alot to hit the bosses in flanks/back for bonuses, but yeah still fairly samey.

However fight mechanics you'd usually only see in raiding in some other games are introduced in normal dungeons fairly early on. So even normal dungeons require thought as opposed to some other games where you just kinda roll over everything.

There's no way to know for sure, but here's my theory. The low drop rates probably started as the typical MMO carrot on a stick bullshit, but what Sega failed to understand was that modern gamers were not the ones who put in endless hours into PSO. They were going to lose the casuals if the quest record showed no drops for anyone across half the servers. As PSO2 lets you see how many of any rare item dropped in any quest for that week, it would be easy to check that The solution: give a few people on each ship massively inflated drop rates so that it looks like shit's dropping when it's really just two or three guys on every ship getting all of them.

i have you added idiot

There's no good MMOs out right now. Just play some other shit and check back in like 6 months.

why dont you just kill yourself already rera

you will never be not bullied

There's always Chinese mmos

You're spergy as fuck even for here.
Calm your tits, I never said it was the greatest thing ever, just that I enjoy playing it. I find it fun. Of course it doesn't have all the shit the original had, even if that would make it a better game. Of course it isn't as complex as the original. Welcome to the modern era where companies cut corners to rush out vidya and get your hard earned money fast.

This is why I prefer free to play.

Gave that one a try. It was okay, but not really my thing.

I played LoL back in beta testing. Hated it. near the end of highschool my friends were obsessed with HoN. Tried it. Hated it. MOBAs are not for me, and the community around them if you bother to engage, is absolute cancer.

Oh fuck The moonspeak hurts my eyes. I was looking on the US page.
pso2.com/us/
I enjoy reading up on lore. If I can't read the text in a game why in the fuck would I play it?

If it were free to play I might. I'm broke as shit, nigga.

Bruh not even. You have to have never played any other MMO to even enjoy GW2. Everything is so awfully bland. Shit even no names like Requiem managed to bring something to the table.

Just play WoW pre-Cata.
There is a bunch of private servers out there, Primal-WoW is pretty good, it's actually a progressive Vanilla to WotlK server.

Not only Black Desert Online is korean, it became a pay 2 win fuckfest with no way of player to player trade and no option for free market.

I was actually hipped for it and they fucked it up so greatly.

These two things really made the game more awful than it needed to be. The world was beautiful and the fact you didn't need a load screen to transition, albeit small, zones was a good draw for me. Plus the fact there were only great and mediocre zones for grinding per level tier was just bad design considering the game discourages grouping outside of parties of 5 while simultaneously making the black stone drops very uncommon.

So I tried out Project Gorgon.
Progress is slow as balls on it, and it feels incredibly generic, just unstructured.
Are there any good scifi MMOs out there that I didn't list in the OP?

Is there an MMO that isn't targetshit and isn't a fucking themepark shitfest?
I've already played the everliving shit out of eve and ultima, first got boring after goons got fucked and second costs me actual real world money while being rather fucking dead thanks to EA having a mouth full of shit and dicks and shitting dicks

shadowbane ;_;

But… The western release is P2P (I think)?

I keep looking into why Korean MMOs keep screwing up. A lot of "Korean" MMOs have western devs. What's going on?

I still can't get over what happened to Archeage.

What's a good MMO where I can be a healer?

HellmooIt's a MUD though

I came here simply to comment on the potato chippies image.

Try your local brothel.

You take that back you mother fucking piece of shit YOU TAKE THAT FUCKING BACK.

For PSO2, just use the tweaker (arks-layer.com/), it will install the game and all the english patches and keep it updated to you.
You still need to register on the japanese site, so get ready for the japanese captcha boss.

Is Allods online owned by koreans now?

Try Warframe.
It's made by kikes.

No, you are the cancer.

Nigger Dark Age of Camelot is the Game WoW and Warhammer Online wanted to be, but failed at because they copied too much from Asian MMOs.It has a shitone more Classes and while the triangle of Healer/Tank/DD exists, it isn't as strict in WoW and its clones and there are far more nuances. The damage and resistance system alone blows everything out of the water, which modern MMORPGs have to offer. The factions are truly different, as each Realm has a different distribution of essential abilities among its Classes.And there is a strong and complex system of crowd control.

Also it has awesome PvP.

are you fucking retarded? next you're going to tell everyone all the mobile cash grab games are p2p and not f2p bullshit. you look at the track record and the vast majority of f2p are essentially hit and run where they're fishing for whales with almost no staying power relative to p2p's track record. you get what you pay for now stop being a broke br nigger and stop sipping starbucks or that mcdonald's meal for two-three times a month.

EVE is going F2P next month although F2P is so hilariously crippled it's almost pointless so there's that.

The tri-faction system in DAoC was fun but you can't say it wasn't without problems.

Oh and the irony is DAoC copied more from Asian MMOs more than either WoW or WAR did, which are descended from EQ.They originated tri-faction IIRC and a bunch of other systems.

Is there an MMO, korean or not, where I can play as skeleton/lich? I know WOW has undead race, but they look like zombies, and I don't want any flesh on.
It's such simple and badass concept, yet it barely exists in any games, even less so in recent ones.

So more "freemium" bullshit, right? The goons deserve every terrible thing that happens to them. Bunch of fucking retards.

Mortal Online

The Chinese have this thing against skeletons or something and much like hollywood, every jew wants that market so they just don't bother creating that which offends them.

Not even freemium, the whole "F2P" thing in Eve basically boils down to "subscribe or get raped by everyone unless you are bittervet that knows exactly how to minmax the shit out of everything". It's as if CCP designed the free accounts exclusively for vet players who just don't want to pay for dozens of alts that only get used once a year. It's worse in every single aspect than trial accounts.

No user. I speak the truth. It just happens that:
>>>/youareastupidpieceofshit/

fuck that.

tried warframe a few times. it was made by a studio local to where I am so I actually know a few of the dudes on the dev team.
I could never get into it, even though the gameplay was pretty fun.

Motherfucker, This is why I f2p. I need to know if I will ENJOY the game before putting any money into it. Even if there's a level cap or something for f2p at least it gives me the option to try before buying. If there's an in game cash shop that's even better and I'm almost always willing to shell out a bit of pocket change every now and again for cosmetic upgrades and guild bank access and expansions.

I remember trying EVE again a while back. too many goddamn windows to keep track of, but at least spaceflight was fun and character creation was off the charts(though you almost never see your character so what's the point?).

Mortal online actually looks pretty interesting. might be worth checking out.

Cry more, sperglord. I'll just keep liking what I like. You don't need to approve.

I know theres a huge lack of Sandbox type MMOs. But why is there also a lack of comfy open world grinders like RO or Lineage2? You'd think those kinda games are also kinda easier to make.

But don't you want my ebin upboat Reddit-kun?

Please kill yourself.

user, what matters most in an MMO is how good its community features are.
If an MMO isn't all about the community and how they fare together, it's just an inferior version of a better genre. If a game has instanced raids, party finders, and player made items not being almost top-tier next to the super rare stuff, you end up playing it for the numbers.
MMOs will always have technically inferior gameplay and mechanics to the rest of their nested genre. WoW is a pretty sub-par RPG, for instance.

Most of these newer MMOs make player groups redundant and a waste of time.

excellent bait

Yeah, it is a Pay 2 Play in the west, but also they brought the most retarded features from the Korean version. Many people who praised the game like the second coming of Christ left the game after that dick move.

Reported for Reddit.

MMOs are fucking shit.

2nd for OSRS

whose ready for another korean mmo

everyone's ready to throw it straight into the garbage where it belongs
it will sit right alongside your hopes and dreams in the trash

Well who the fuck expected this? Certainly not me!