Yoko Taro Thread

Was she wrong for wanting her onii-chan's sword?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/674284349865353218
web.archive.org/web/20151209080511/https://8ch.net/v/res/7364391.html#7373682
redtube.com/651892
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Considering everyone is wrong in Drakengard, yes.

How do I get this to not run like shit on PCSX2?

Moonman is a crazy nip but our crazy type of nip.

get a ps2

Caim and the Dragon did nothing wrong they tried the best they could with the shit hand they got.

I have 3 broken PS2's and one that may or may not work depending on the alignment of the planets. I also would like to use a higher internal resolution if possible.

play them on a crt and do hdd loading or ethernet loading with opl

I'm not picking up a new old tv.

why don't you have one around already

Because I sold/gave away extra shit when I could afford to buy new shit that was less likely to break. I got too much shit.

the crt is probably gonna outlast you, and you said you had 3 broken ps2s

Until recently, I needed a PS2 to play PS2 games. I never needed a CRT to do that.

yeah, but lcd's look like shit for low resolution games

I just want to raise internal resolution. Kingdom Heart 1/2 Final Mix, both looked fantastic and ran in fast forward at 3x native with slowdown only during the Axel fight.

I thought Automata might get PC release after a timed console exclusive?

Its coming on pc retard.

iirc its gonna be on the same day.

Holy shit

And it has denuvo and 8-4 is gonna fuck it up, the hand of fate isn't with us.

Caim didn't even reject her and she still lost her shit.

10/10

The guy was just in shock at his sis wanting to bang him and plus Caim only wants to bang his dragon.

Reveling in homicide isn't exactly nothing wrong territory, it just happened to be inevitable. They're simply as wrong as they need to be to survive this world.
Pic related is the only Drakengard character who's completely selfless, benevolent and pure, sure she's technically an apocalyptic spawn but if anything that only makes it more impressive and she paid dearly for it.

Fuck does 3 fuck her shit up hard.

Depends on the timeline tbh. Also, 5's death was best.

But fuck moonman for making Drakengard's final boss fights so insanely bullshit I heard a sound alright the sound of frustration.

Shot through the heart and Taro's to blame. I loved Nier and will still play Nier 2 though.

Kek.

At least it's more reasonable than Drakenguard 3's final boss

That was like pulling teeth out it hurt.

I bought Drakengard 3 at launch and still haven't managed to finish that fucking final boss. It was my first Yoko Taro game and the only thing it did is make me want to stay the fuck away from the rest. At least the character were neat, even I felt like I understood nothing the closer I got to the final route.

Platinum Games doing Nier: Automata makes me strangely optimistic though.

I got about 40 hours in Nier and did about two paths but I never did get around to the third and forth. Rushed though an LP of what I missed and glad I didn't get that final ending or do the "Life in the Sands" quest.

Well he feels passion… maybe

Ditto, happy to see Automata is coming to PC. I watched a Nier LP due to lack of own console so I will be happy to get it on the platform that I do have.

Every Taro game is different, but they all make you hurt

No, it does not depend on the timeline. Two is always fucked before Zero even begins her murder trip.

Has anyone noticed 8-4 only tend to really badly butcher Nintendo games? Nintendo must let them get away with it. I think and hope Nier 2 will be fine if SE keep a close eye on what they do and seeing as it's quite a big title now unlike Drakengard 3, which barely got a proper release in Europe, they probably will.

No, they really badly butchered Drakengard 3, and as you know, Nintendo has nothing to do with it.

There comes a time in one's life where thy have to make a sacrifice. This might be such a time for me. Besides, I've already bought an infinitely worse game with denuvo and played it lords of the fallen, and while the performance hit was unpleasant, it wasn't that big of a deal. And yes, I regret buying thay game, but not because of denuvo, rather, its thorough mediocrity.

They butchered it, but not nearly as bad Treehouse butchered Fates or Xenoblade. At least Drakengard 3 still resembled the original and wasn't full of memes. Besides as I said before, Nier: Automata is a bigger and much more anticipated title, Drakengard 3 was a very low budget title with barely any press and not even a proper release in some places. i don't think they'll be able to get away with butchering it as much. I hope so anyway.

Absolutely fucking not. Zero was tired and barely motivated to kill her sisters, she just wanted it to fucking end, and fucking on the way was a nice bonus. 8-4 turned her into an utter joyless cunt.
In comparison, all they did on Xenoblade X was change subtext, when the actual story is atrociously shit anyway.

You're never wrong for what you are, that's what Yoko Taro's games taught me in the most brutal way possible.

Automata demo when

How bad at videogames are you? Nobody ever believes me when I tell them I cleared it on my second try.

What's the problem with Denuvo from a technical, not ethical standpoint? Why was there a performance hit? I played Doom and didn't notice anything of the sort.

It decrypts the files as it loads them into ram, which puts unnecessary stress on your HDD and CPU. Imagine trying to play a game while unzipping multiple archives at once the entire time, so if your computer isn't capable of maxing a game with a good deal of overhead, Denuvo will make the difference between you getting locked 60/120/144 or stuttery garbage. On top of that, any game that uses Denuvo will, by design, stop functioning within the next several years. They require regular online authentication with the Denuvo servers; if those go down, fuck you. They also require patching for any new hardware that releases, so years down the line when you build a new computer, any games with Denuvo now won't function on that new hardware. Unless, of course, you expect the kind of publishers who'd slap a game with Denuvo would actually give a fuck to patch it years down the line.

That's not even getting started on how it fucks modding. To start, any mod that requires touching the executable is outright impossible with Denuvo in place. Remember the multiplayer mod for Just Cause 2? Not a possibility for 3, thanks to Denuvo though Denuvo is just the cherry on top of the sundae that is that game's numerous problems

Sounds grim m8, I was better off without knowing all that.
I thought JC3 was alright?

Dude the final boss fight in Drakengard is fucking bullshit.

How can you say it's alright when most people do not know that the third game was a thing?
The second game was a load of fun anyways with tons of crazy stunts you could pull off again and again, and if not for those shit collectibles, i had fun ALMOST 100% it, shame i pirated it so i don't know how is the multiplayer was like
is it good?

TFW when you'll meet yoko taro in about a year and a half.

Wish me luck boys.

Was pretty brutal. Figuring out the mechanics wasted a few attempts.

With foreknowledge, and possibly listening to the OST a bit, I'd find it vaguely believable.

All we know still is "end of 2016". So December I guess.

bump

I WANT TO FUCK ZERO

What was the best boss fight and why was it Shadowlord?

Never forget.

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/674284349865353218

web.archive.org/web/20151209080511/https://8ch.net/v/res/7364391.html#7373682
Passion HE FEELS IT.

You're correct, but Song of the Ancients/Fate was the best boss song. Prove me wrong

Protip: You can, they're all great

I want a complete version of that Emil/Karma remix they did for the Automata showcase at TGS so bad

I like this version.

It WAS Shadowlord.

Actual spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't played through Nier at least once:
You don't even win against him. There is no possible way that Replicant Nier can possibly beat a better, more experienced, and complete version of himself, he knows how to use all the verses perfectly in sync. He just gives up and wants you to end his misery. I think that's the most amazing part of the boss fight.

Nier was such a good game I'm happy Yoko can make more games.

Yeah sure if by resembling the original you mean all the characters motivations changes and their attitudes being nothing close to the original.

Not to mention jokes about fucking shopping malls in the year 995 AD

Yeah it totally resembled the original

Never played Nier. Do you think I'll be able to jump right into Automata on PC?
I heard the games like to make the player suffer so it might be right up my alley.

You will, but Nier only takes about 25-30 hours to fully complete. It's one of the best RPGs of all time, you shouldn't miss out.

Looks like I'm outta luck

Don't they have used PS3's dirt cheap wherever you live?

(checked)
These jews want like 100$ for one

I know people get a hard on from the usual suspects - Shadowlord, Song of the Ancients, Emil/Karma etc. but I REALLY like vid embeded and next vid embedded.

Well fuck y'all now I need to listen through this whole shit again.

Thank you

$100 isn't that bad user. Where do you even live? They're like $200 - $250 used over here.

[citation needed]

I'd like to see anyone argue that any character could have done something and everything turned out for the better. Shit's a tragedy. There can be no happy endings.

Would you?

What's this? A postcard for ants?

I'd smash and get smashed with the force of one thousand suns

Kainé a best

Threadly remind this exists
redtube.com/651892

I'm really drunk right now and I want Angelus to bully me.

That's a description of all the Soulsborne games, pretty much. Demon's Souls marks the beginning of the end, after the events of KF4 and having shattered the seals, the world is going to end. There's no saving it. There's hollows everywhere, rubble everywhere, the non-human races have already been mostly exterminated.

Dark Souls is thousands of years further, the old one is gone, replacing it now is Gwyn a god who rose during the golden age, who seemingly was going to restore the world, so he lit the first flame and became the guiding light to the world, he is the sunlight, he is the thunder, he is good. But he became enamored with his own quest to save the world and targeted the wrong beings, and helped wipe out the dragons, further fracturing the world. Now he's nothing more than a fucking hollow himself, standing in the kiln because he's lost all intelligence and can't do anything else, he's become so weak that you can utterly destroy him easily by merely parrying his attacks. You can choose to relight the first flame, but it's not going to save the world for more than a few centuries at best.

Dark Souls II goes even further into the future, the giants have devolved and become the same as the hollows, mindless lumbering soul hungry hulks who will continue to fight until their bodies fall apart to get some of those sweet sweet souls. At the center of it all is a remnant of Mannus, the one who destroyed Oolacile with the power of the abyss, a twisted fragment of Mannus' power in the form of a corrupted queen, wielding powers of the Abyss. In the end the player gets no choice, you light the first flame and try to save the world again; it didn't fucking work.

Finally there's Dark Souls III, the gods have all died, there is very little left. Most of the miracles have disappeared, even sorcery has waned, the only power that is stronger than ever is pyromancy, the art in which the user empowers themselves to gain more power. The first lord soul you'll acquire will be the Abyss Watchers, knights serving under the wolf knight known as Artorias who have all since become hollows before the power of the abyss, endlessly fighting and vanquishing and rising again to fight one another. The second lord soul you acquire will be that of Yhorm the Giant Lord, who gave the power of the Storm Ruler to his best friend under the promise to lay him to rest when he'd gone undead, keeping the other Storm Ruler by his side in case his friend failed and another hero rose to the challenge. Thirdly you'll acquire the power of Eldritch of the Deep (spelled Aldrich in the English version), a gelatinous blob with dubious levels of intelligence and a malevolent nature. Finally you'll acquire the power of the twin princes, one of whom was supposed to be the savior of the world and relink the flame to try and save the world. After you vanquish and gain the power of all of these beings, and the lords of cinder are all ash, you enter the kiln of the first flame to fight the soul of cinder; the chosen undead from Dark Souls 1 who tried to light the first flame to save the world and failed. You may have the fire keeper take the flame and snuff out the final light, heralding the final end of the world.

Unless it's on the normalfag's radar SE doesn't give a shit about being PC.

The potato jews must be exterminated.

How does that dress work? Why nipples are not visible?

Only a filthy shade would ask a question like that.

Alright Holla Forums, Onii-san or Oto-san?

His rage sustains him

Even though Brother is the canon one, Papa Nier was great. I still think that bringing over Gestalt ver. instead of Replicant ver. was a solid decision, though I really wish we could've played Brother Nier's slow descent into madness

They're both canon. Both stories were written alongside each other.

And all endings are canon

Fresh OC

Reminder that there's only one character that's objectively and literally the best character who did nothing wrong.

soulsfags are fucking relentless in making every thread about their overrated series

And he fucked up with Demon's Souls. You do actually save the world in the good ending.

Caim also did nothing wrong.

8-4 shill plz go. Tales of Zestiria was full of fucking typos and terrible translations.

8-4 needs to fucking die in a fire along with all its employees and the retards who keep hiring them should be slowly castrated with a nut cracker.

I like the Souls franchise, but you're a fucking idiot and most of what you said is entirely wrong.