Trying to find out how to install Command and Conquer from the CD to Windows 7...

Trying to find out how to install Command and Conquer from the CD to Windows 7. I bought the full collection CD pack from a thrift store. I refuse to pirate it.

How do I get this to work? Google is no help. I know you fuckers have the answers.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/cc-gold/downloads/cc-gold-full-game
cncnz.com/features/freeware-classic-command-conquer-games/
cncnz.com/hosted-projects/command-patch/command-conquer-gold-unofficial-patch/
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home
lmgtfy.com/?q=sarcasm definition
twitter.com/AnonBabble

so you're a complete fucking idiot then?

Alright. You don't have to help then. I'll figure it out.

This is a joke. It made NOTHING run better, even as far back as Vista

you need the C&C Gold patch to make it work on the newer OS. Also there's a fan ported version which is free, the game is abandonedware.

can't you run windows xp for free in virtual machine in windows 7? for some reason i think there is something like that officially from Microsoft

The game is free, EA is a quite uncharacteristic move released C&C RA1 and TS for free as part of some anniversary event a while ago. No piracy or even "abandonware".
Check the fansites they should have a version with patches that just werks or at least the patch itself.
There is also openRA, but it's a separate thing really and they made some controversial changes, to say the least.

Atta boy.

How much did you pay for it?
moddb.com/games/cc-gold/downloads/cc-gold-full-game

Why do you hate video games, OP?

Uninformed Simpletons.

Listen OP, command and conquer is licensed as freeware now:
cncnz.com/features/freeware-classic-command-conquer-games/

The gold patch is now the new standard. It will take care of everything
cncnz.com/hosted-projects/command-patch/command-conquer-gold-unofficial-patch/

Now go fight for the Brotherhood

you should not give away money for a game older than 10 years.(preowned disc being the exception) The company died a long time ago, and even the individual people who worked on it would have already made plenty of money, it's not worth it. You can do that strategy for games aged 0-9 years, with pirate and send money in an envelope available for games over 5 years old.

What is this "gray market" you're refereing too? you mean money that isn't controlled by big corporations right? nothing wrong in trading with friends or getting pre owned games from a little video shop.

Is that the one with twelve fucking disks, or am I thinking of a different one?

That retardation aside, it disgusts me how many of you fuckers dont know about this site.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home

Shut your idiot mouth.

lmgtfy.com/?q=sarcasm definition

jesus you are pure cancer

It takes them 5 fucking seconds to look this shit up and they'd rather make a thread here. I don't understand how people can be so ignorant.

If you're new to C&C you should probably start with Red Alert 2.

Look what up, that Westwood is long history? wew

You fresh off the ledditboat?

you're a literal retard OP

Legally speaking, OP, since you own a physical copy of the game already, you can get a "pirated" copy and it's perfectly okay. I did that with SimCity4 when my legit copy got fucked because this is a new computer and you can't download the patch from the official site anymore.

it's easier to pirate old games than it is to deal with their fucky, gimmicky DRM methods.
once again, you have to rely on the pirates to play the game that the publishers were attempting to protect from pirates but only managed to harm the consumer

btw, all denuvo games in 20 years will either have to be run on old hardware or will have to be cracked by pirates, otherwise you won't be able to play them because of how the system works. it needs cpu-specific patches for each new architecture released. you'll need to rely on pirates again to play the game you already bought

Not to mention that the devs of old games already got payed. Most of them don't even exist anymore.

And in the case of Westwood you're giving money to EA.

OpenRA

Plays Red Alert, Dune, and Command and Conquer 95 in a modern engine, with better UI.