Do you know jap?

Hey Holla Forums. Do you know nipponese?

poal.me/bzzlck

There are some who think it's necessary to play video games nowadays, and playing without knowing it is getting a substantially worse experience. What do you think?

Unless you want to "play" VNs and other low gameplay vidya, learning the kanas, a couple of kanji and knowing babby nihongo from watching anime/playing vidya is enough to get you through most Japanese vidya.
I managed to play and enjoy the unlocalized Yakuza games for example with this limited knowledge.

I think it's really annoying every time people start speculating on japanese trailers without knowing japanese.

Fucking hell, just katakana can help you a lot, seeing those early trailers theory videos whenever a popular weeb game like Persona 5 is going to come out with people going "OH WHAT'S THIS!? I THINK THIS MEANS X" when it clearly meant Y and just reading the katakana would have explained it, no theories needed. Even better when you get to know the kanji.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being too etilist, I'm not fluent and know all the 1945 joyo kanji either, but if you're going to play weeb games, basic knowledge of JP culture and language is nice so you won't antagonize your fellow weebs with ignorant questions and theories.

GOOK ISN'T AN UMBRELLA RACIALLY INSENSITIVE TERM FOR ALL ASIANS. GOOK IS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE KOREANS JUST LIKE CHINKS IS FOR THE CHINESE. THE WORD JAP IS THE CORRECT INSULT YOU FUCKING MONGOL.

GOOK applies to Vietnamese and most none Chinese/Japanese asians as well. Filipinos get their own derogatory FLIP term for being the Mexicans of Asia though.

it's obviously true.

Just as a non native english speaker, watching US movies or series translated in your own language sucks major ass and once you are fluent in english, you can't take that shit anymore.

You both need to kill yourself.

Except it is because you're also implying they all look the same.

Come on man, that's Racism 101, how do you not know this?

Alright so that's morning Holla Forums. How about evening Holla Forums?

No, and i never will.
Didn't seem like that to me, i've brute forced my way through shit like JRPGs from beginning to end without much trouble, i can't imagine real games or shit i actually want to play that isn't in english being more text heavy than that.
I think these people are either just old fashion weeaboos trying to shill for the Asian Jew, you know same old shit, or defeatist cucks trying to drive attention away from the SJWs that are fucking up the hobby. Either way, don't take them seriously

I could see settling if you didn't know the language, but fuck, now that I do I don't play anything in English unless it was made in English to begin with. Translations and I use the term loosely are so fucking awful. If you just play games casually it's probably not necessary, but if you're the kind of person who considers video games enough of a hobby and passion to spend any amount of time on message boards themed around them, I'd say you owe it to yourself to learn ASAP

That doesn't make much sense, considering "Gook" comes from "Hanguk" and Chink and Jap are self-explanatory.

You mean like how all white people look the same, so you can call a Briton a Nazi or a German a Frog? Oh wait, no, if you do that people will just look at you with confusion and wonder what the fuck you're on about.

why does every other race have such phonetically pleasing slurs but white people are stuck with cracker? mick is alright i guess

Probably because cracker is a nigger word, low IQ and all that.

Nigga they all look the same.

Yes, but I'm not fluent yet.

I think it's not necessary to play games, especially since most games are getting translated nowadays, compared to a few years ago where we missed out on tons of great games.
It's true that some translations are not accurate, but translating games word for word is not really viable either, it would sound weird to people from the west since the Japanese language and culture is so different from us and some phrases are so unique to the language that you can't translate them at all.

It's not worth it to learn Japanese just for games imo, you have to understand just how much time and effort is needed to learn this language.

Cause I find the language itself interesting, cause I like vidya, anime, manga and Japan itself and I think it's fucking cool being able to read moonrunes.

Except very rare cases, most of the translated works are fucked one way or the other. You don't get the full experience, there is always a core that you have missed. Translation is always lacking.

I know German and Russian, why would I learn a language from a completely different part of the world I'll never visit?

I can't even pronounce my own fucking language, how do you expect me to pronounce a foreign one.

Phonetics and Phonology are the easiest fucking thing when you learn a language. Grinding vocabulary on the other hand is a fucking bitch.

You already got told that your autistic shit is flawed when you spammed the nipponese learning thread, fuck off.

Yes, because clearly I'm going to go to fucking eastern Siberia where barely anybody lives and some federal subjects like Sakha, Buryatia and Chechnya don't even fully speak Russian.

shit that's western Russia

FUCK CHECHNYA
Also
What's wrong, goy? Don't want to visit the chosen ones?

The Jewish Autonomous Oblast's population is lower than most American cities has like 1 Jew for every 100 Russians that live there.

*cities and has

Just saying, bad choice of words besides, by that argument, why would you ever want to go to Russia or Germany at all? It's not like they make video games anymore.

I've not started nip grammar, what the fuck am I looking at?

Generative Grammar tree diagrams. Basically a way to parse all the world's languages.

That seems more effort than is necessary.

Я живу в России вы сука блять

There's also "nip"

True, if you want to learn Japanese only, stick to traditional grammar. However, if you are interested in more than one language you can learn Generative Grammar.

Где?

Я живу немного за пределами Москвы.

Ага, как же.

Я не свободно говорю по русский. Я родился в Мидлсекс

cheeki breeki

That sounds like a terrible idea, and still doesn't explain why you'd ever want to go to Germany

Japan doesn't make good games anymore. If I did learn Japanese it would be to watch their old movies without subtitles.

Sekaiju no MeiQ, Super Robot Wars, Gundam Breaker, Monster Hunter… Japan's pretty much the only one making good games anymore.

The only worthwhile game from all things you listed is MonHun. And it died after freedom unite.

SRW is casual trash.

Gundam Breaker is "mash to proceed" type of shit.

Etrian Odyssey is the most casual dungeon crawler out there, its moeshit of dungeon crawlers. Nothing tops M&M and Wizardry. Even team muramasa games are better.

MonHun is the same game every release and so is SRW.

Excuse me. Impact and MX can't be compared to trash which is Z series.

Tfw wanted to learn japanese but the things I was interested in started getting translated and they were actually shit and I realized even if I could read japanese I still wouldn't be able to find LNs or manga I liked.

Easier than it used to be, sure. Casual trash? Only if you're casual enough not to aim for SR Points.

It's the fucking truth, basically every MonHun plays the same.

It's a sequel, they're not going to change genres every fucking title you moron.

It's not necessary, just extremely useful to access all the treasure the greedy yellow jews hoard to themselves with their cryptic runic moon language.

オイヴェイ
六百万ゲームを覚えてろう

I feel it is necessary for individuals who share the desire to enjoy unadulterated content to learn the native language from the country which said content originates in order to avoid botched or "sanitized" localizations. From an individual perspective, you can throw 8-4 or whoever else out the window and play the games as they were intended and, from a community perspective, you may find yourself able to provide other, like-minded fans with an "unofficial translation" or alternative that seeks to better portray the original work in a more accurate light, devoid of shitty memes and references.

Face it, you need someone who does not agree with politically correct censorship to learn nipponese so that they can better translate and localize all that nipponese content that you enjoy.

But Jews are the white people version of the Chinese.

I have enough with english already.

Jap fits better all around, hell they even have their own holocaust to oy vey over. Also south korea acts more like good goys than actual jews

Gook detected, SK is pretty much a feminist marxist state at this point with the whole population being gay faggots playing MMOs.

So what you're saying is the good goys are good goys, not jews.

Holy living fuck, this.
I don't give a damn if it sounds elitist because I've seen assholes directly contradict me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about whenever I try to talk about something in a trailer. Every fucking major update to PSO2 has been like this.

When people are so happy to be so belligerently wrong, it's time to get elitist as fuck.

Aren't Jews defined entirely by greed? Because that's the Chinese's entire deal. Besides, comparing the atomic bombs to the Holocaust is a rather weak thing, since for one thing, the Japs don't constantly parade it around and use it as an excuse for everything and try to garner sympathy over it and for another, the atomic bombings actually happened

No, they clearly also have a massive persecution and or victim complex.

So they're half Chinese half Korean then, got it.

Translation: You think that.
Nah it's fine. Japan makes trash now.