Game set in the distant future

Are devs just lazy?
One of the coolest things about videogames is that they can let you explore new world. So why do most future/fantasy games use the same few animals and plants that are here on earth today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GyEUyqfrScU
thepiratebay.org/torrent/6177522/The_Future_is_Wild_(Animated_Series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The smallest time shown in this is 5 million years after humans abandoned earth.

That is WAY beyond "distant" future.

It's not like video games have a time limit for how far in the future you can be. Why not try to make a world different and interesting. If you are making a fantasy game then you don't even have to deal with the future and instead can have whatever animals and plants you want.

Nothing makes me drop a game faster than that

my fellow basketball african

You're right. There should be a game set in a distant future where Muslims rule over Europe.

anybody has a torrent of this shit?

Browns have more children so natural selection dictates that there will be more of them in the future

The future is now

Bump for interest and laziness.

There is.

Wish I knew what their reasoning there was. Seems odd to write off mammals so fast when small mammals were one of the few animals to survive the KT meteor and all the subsequent global change that came with it.

muh giant land squids muffugga

I have just the game for you OP.

I think I remember them saying that the spider creatures eating all of the last mammalian species is what wiped them out but it's been a while since I saw the episode.

We have killed off many species. "Nearly all" seems a bit too strong, but I don't see why we couldn't destroy the habitats of a few monkeys. In a million years I'm sure we'll have found a way to cure the Earth of all its parasites.

as soon as we evolve into space like we have everywhere else we'll be rid of you

CLEANSING INITIATED
PURGING XENO SCUM

user, I…

All the eps are on youtube.

Awesome, thanks user.

I swear there was a discovery movie about 100 years after earth and shit then by the end showed squids with intelligence.

Forgot what it was called. Now I want to watch that shit again.

this guy uploaded only 5 and the only other one I found has a fuckhuge border and shit sound, still asking for torrent

I remember that. What was going on there is that the spiders were actually raising those mole like mammals like cattle. The spiders had a vested interest in the perpetuation of that mammal species because if the mammals died out, so did the spiders' food. What finished off both species was a volcanic extinction level event, if I remember right.

What the fuck is this show?

Oh shit i found it

youtube.com/watch?v=GyEUyqfrScU

I remember watching this a while back as well satan.
I don't remember anything about intelligent squids though. Though squids are actually pretty clever anyway

Alien Planet is worth a watch too, tho it's ayys not future

You are thinking of The Future is Wild.
Which has been posted in this thread.

it always squids aren't they?

Earth's post apocalyptic future is Splatoon theory/lore confirmed

I saw this, and remember it having more background and reasoning as to why the aliens were like they were than the future is wild, which I only saw the first episode of, could be wrong since I watched alien planet a long time ago.

I'm with the other user, let's get a torrent in here

Dammit it wasnt the full version. unless i watch another thin I remember the squids were very small and swing from trees like monkeys and then throwing rocks.

wait it was the future is wild. goddamn my memory

5 million years really isn't that long in terms of evolution, nigga.

*precursors

lazy as fuck

I wonder what the future will bring.

Vangers
You talk to weird slav not-claymation aliens and drive around in a car on alien planets. It's a vehicular RPG.

fucking Halo and its spawn are so guilty of this. All the alien weapons are lasers and plasma, but no the humans get basic shotguns and rifles 9 times out of 10.

Death and despair.

You, me, and many others. We'll not get to see it, but maybe our great^80,000 (I'm just using an arbitrarily big number) grandchildren might. Will there be new trends even more revolutionary than chordates? Evolution is fucking crazy.

Pretty sure humans do have an expiration date. Or at least I hope so.

Isn't that the cruelest joke though, how hard humans are to kill. I mean look how far we've spread in just a few thousand years. We live on every continent. We are the real cockroaches, and I guarantee you even an all out nuclear holocaust will leave some humans to rise up from the ashes to do it again.

Species ALRE

As edgy as it sounds, we really are vermin on planets, or at least we have the potential to be. If we manage the get out of the planet, we will spread like AIDS. However, we are really fragile too, specially out there, so probably we will have a lot of problems surviving, or at least spreading.

Basically, if we spread, we either become cockroaches or mice, meaning there will either be a lot of us and hard to kill, or be concentrations of us and hidden.

We're already on the verge of fucking up our environment to the point where it can't sustain us. On the off chance humans still exist in even 10000 years, we sure as fuck won't be living the same way we are now.

I saw some infographic of the universe . At some point life as we know will be unable to exist on it. But were still some trillion years above the redline

user, even if we fuck up the environment badly enough that civilization as we know it is destroyed, unless it makes it physically impossible for humans to live, there will be pockets of humans subsisting off of whatever they can.

Someone on the staff had a squid and octopus fetish.

Well, land squids are a fucking fascinating concept.

You know absolutely nothing about the topic at hand.

I seriously doubt it. All the flexibility and shit of the squids and octopus is thanks to the water. In land, in order to be effective, they have to have more muscles, like snakes, and that would suck. Still, a video game can make it happen, but yet, they aren't as interesting unless they could fly.

The last game I played that had original alien races, not ripping off other designs, came out over 20 years ago

Not only that, they would need some sort of structure to support all that weight, so either they'd develop and internal skeleton and kinda lose out on the whole tentacle thing or they'd revert to having shells.

OP asked for a game though. You didn't post one.

You're giving us more credit than what is due. Earth has been through much worse than the pussy shit CO2 emissions we make a big deal out of, not like Earth a few billion years ago is any "better" than what it is now.

Oh shittt i remember this
My pap bought the full dvd set back in 2003
Lemme try to find it

if you upload it you'll be a god among legends

It was surprising to see how little reptiles there were on that show. Crocodiles are nearly indestructible and they they were around forever in one form or another, just like sharks, dragonflies, mosquitoes, and horseshoe crabs.

Their hydraulic skeleton and muscle could evolve to be actually work on land. First vertebrates weren't exactly able to survive on land either.

Apparently, those species are so fragile that a sneeze will kill them. Only superior slug and squid will survive. Please ignore the 500 or so million years most animals you mentioned have been in the fossil record.

The Alien one is based off a book, the author goes into great detail about why the animals adapted to specific things, and environments
to my knowledge the future one was made from scratch
yes Discovery was technically an educational channel at that point
but it didn't stop them from trying to make things as "exotic" as they could
hence the emphasis on squids and such rather than more mundane animals we're accustomed to that would also survive

This is a normal school in current day London. The mayor of London is a muslim. Britbongs are a minority in London.

Future my ass.

Oh, I have it. I even know exactly where it is, too. There’s no torrent already?

Hey, there is: thepiratebay.org/torrent/6177522/The_Future_is_Wild_(Animated_Series)

Kek.

how distant fam, 500 thousand years?

How progressive!

you mean cultures that totally arent just parallels of outdated earthling cultures?

I love the SJW Hijab blindspot

At this rate britbongs may live to see their kids hunted down and attacked with encouragement from the government. Truly they have progressed very far from the imperial era.

Good ol' cultural relativism

It's how the german government can get away with telling girls to stop dressing like whores so they don't inflame the passions of the poor migrants

Earth stops being able to support animal life in about 500 million years
The universe stops being able to support life in about 100 trillion years

brits are so cucked nowadays i think even lovecraft if he was alive would change his word and say everyone but brits are human

Don't forget the swedes

They recently ruled that flying the ISIS flag is ok. Please note that flying the Nazi flag is a hate crime.

remember when asking for it wasnt an excuse to rape?

That only applies if you're not muslim or black, shitlord.

It's not rape/crime if it's a "minority" that does it, then it becomes a part of the vibrant multiculturalism.

at this point why not just fucking end democracy if everything is going to be picked by having the least possible supporters (i.e MUH MINORITIES)

if there are some talented and creative arabian fellows who are appalled by such things perhaps if they were to create sexy video games and cartoons they would be villainized.

wasn't this Sweden
not london

Most of the white people have fled London because nobody actually wants to live around "diversity". Those that remain are busy racemixing themselves out of existence, I never saw more IR pair in public anywhere else the women with nogs and pakis, the men with poo-in-loos or asian chicks)

Do retarded stormfags ever say they'd kill extraterrestrials?

Nice Hitler dubs.

And yeah, democracy is a bad joke.

Fucking Tau fags never learn

of course they say that kind of thing.

And nobody was surprised.

Why?

Stars die out as they go nova and mass of the universe is gobbled up by black holes or too spread out to collapse into new stars

Remember, our current understanding of the universe shows that its expanding and at ever accelerating rate.

Heat death
the universe will reach a stasis from enough expansion, and energy will completely cease to exist

No but I do want to breed with an Ayy lmao

Looks like i'm late

Goddamn, anyways thanks user
The only surviving dvd i got was the 100 Mill years and 200 Mil years since those have more 'alien' life to me

Meant for

Meant meant for

yeah im a faggot bully me

But if, hypothetically speaking, there will still be at least one functioning relatively young star, wouldn't its planetary system be potentially able to support life?

ALIEN AIDS

It's been said that the primary function of democracy is to place political power in the hands of "mass media", actually. Also note pic related.

the media just needs to be kicked in the ass once in a while to keep them in line. too many big hands washing eachother, what youre seeing here isnt really the fault of democracy so much as a network of borderline and sometimes actual criminals.

I'm not even surprised.

The last time that happened, the people who attempted it had war declared against them and have had a smear campaign run against them for seventy years and counting.

Are you mad because Tau are shit

The Metroid games have a unique and fleshed out biosphere. I think this part of the series often gets overlooked because the games excel in so many other aspects. People often recognize the great atmosphere of the games but leave out what makes the atmosphere of the game so good: a consistent and unique alien world with weird creatures and complementary enviroments.

I love the book! Didn't know they turned it into a doc. Watching it now and I really like the design of the probes already. Thanks

my melanin infused brother

You just implied No Man's Sky, and it was shit.

How far in the future is this, really? 2020?

but thats not what's really going to happen

I have the book. It's awesome.

Good goy

We have had the age of Reptiles, Birds and Mammals know. Insects are next so expect to go extinct at the hands of roaches.

Holy shit I remember how even as a kid I would think the designs where shitty

bolt the doors and burn it down

fuck

There is also a book called "all futures" or something along those lines that deal with human evolution in the far future and it's terrifying.

luckily races are not hiveminds, western muslims will conflict whit eastern muslims, there was on europe when it was mostly white you know

sounds more like "Man after man" than "All tomorrows"

nah, we're both wrong. 3-5 generations of mud babies in 80%+ of white wombs and we will be effectively non-existent. Jews will rule over a sea of dumbed-down, sub 100 IQ shitskins.

Listening to SJW cucks cheer the mass immigration into Europe is fucking disgusting. WWIII and the draft can't come soon enough.

What a cop-out

Jews will always be intellectually superior to whites. Remember that.

thats the best fucking way to put it
the artist of those speculative evolution books (there's a few of them) is really fucking silly and goes way too overboard with the designs biologically speaking, but they are excellently made monster designs, the guy has a fucking talent, its just not what he thinks it is

I can accept a few having it, but the number is getting too high

seems kinda similar

now that looks familiar, is that a megaman baddie, or perhaps a monster from final fantasy?

Humans adapt the environment to ourselves.

What, like 22nd century? That's not enough time for anything of decent size to evolve into something unrecognizable. How many games set in actual distant future do you know?

Not in game form. Genetic algorithms have been a thing for a while.

Then explain why do they want the white man out so much? Mixed mongrels who have a worse IQ can't be aware of something that controls them, so they desperately want us to breed with niggers, because the White man can be aware of (((people))) trying to subert.

As long as there's a working star, life could subsist. But once happens once that last star goes out? Once you've fused all the hydrogen in the universe, once you've tapped the energy of every black hole till there's no less-entropic energy left over? That's heat death- when the whole system winds down, when all the protons and neutrons have decayed away, and there's nothing left but radiation being redshifted to nothing by the expansion of space.

Islam, niggers, pain and suffering.