FINAL FANTASY XIV General: Anything can happen on Halloween edition

FINAL FANTASY XIV General: Anything can happen on Halloween edition

STORMBLOOD CONFIRMED!!

Its never been a better time to jump into this weeb shit and be neckbeard garbage with the rest of us, come and join the fun and shitposting friends! Halloween Spooks are days away which means cute girls in slutty outfits and spooky prizes to be had in the DATABASE!

ffxiv-freetrial.com/

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Reminder: They stopped demolishing houses due to the Japanese earthquake in April, now they have grown accustomed to the wall eyes in Morioh town the demolitions will recommence as of patch 3.4!

Dont worry anons, everything will be daijoubu!

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Get-Over-an-Anime-Addiction
twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/788088366109630464?s=09
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/308080-More-accurate-help-text-for-Wind-Up-Moenbryda?p=3898382#post3898382
8ch.net/v/res/11010560.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's going to be like amber vilekin farming isn't it? Except one will drop for a party of eight, along with armor and it'll all be greed only.

They hire Todd Howard to promote the expansion?

DAI
JOU
BU

Poor user, what has western gaming done to you?

Don't do this to me user, Diadem was trash.
Don't make me bully you.

l-lets not do anything we cant take back now!

I think I'd rather grind tomestones then whatever hell waits in diadem.

Time mage soon faggots.

Get ready to be called names nerd.

Hopefully they mean it'll be like Midan/Alexandrian gears where you join in, win, get your item for the week and come back next week to do the same.

Knowing Yoshi P it'll be what I mentioned earlier. One drops and a group of 8 has to fight over it.

Oh no!

At least you are not a fan of Minfilia.

Does this mean battles don't consist of dodging red circles and lines? If so I might resub

Nah, after how shit HW was I'm not falling for their bullshit again.

user pls…

It was, had almost no content when the shitty expansion dropped, took over half a year to have some content. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with drones in a general.

So enjoy your new expansion that totally won't be HW 2.0 :^)

K will do

Its okay user, theres plenty of other fun mmos to play like

i haven't played since 3.1

what daily stuff should I do besides, Roulettes and Beast Tribe daily?

Roulette and Beast tribe

really that's it?

woulda thought they added some stuff while I was gone.
Cheers fam

shit like deep dungeon isnt stuck to a lockout but a save slot. Go nuts mang.

Never abandoned so quick in my life holy shit what is with all these AST healers sucking complete dick?

Isn't it possible you fucked up?

Nope. Wasn't standing in the poison, pulled the mobs far enough away so no patrolling mobs would get pulled. The AST kept repositioning and fucked us up.

Which is the best race and why is it Lalafell?

they heard it got buffs and want instant ques to shit up.

Nope.

I'm getting real fucking tired of having to deal with AST healers.

potato fucking sand niggers

I think 99% of the AST players dont even know what cards do what nor know one sects a sheild and ones a HoT and when to use which.

i bet they are Scholars.

Scholars are almost as bad. Just give me a good old white mage to run with and I'm good.

Lalas dont have flat enough asses for them.

AST as a job is fine, i'd even say its the best healer job in the game, but so many people cant play it.

and i learnt through fucking deep dungeon.

more.

I'm not knocking the AST job at all. A good AST can be kickass. It's just that every single AST healer I've met can't do jackshit when I pull more than two mobs.

No but theirs plenty of spuds.

We need more slutty white mage art.

>tfw no art of AST getting cucked while the white mage gets all the dick

How do you get AST cucked by WHM? thats like the nerdy glasses girl in the doujin being ignored as the gyaru is used as a human toilet and impregnated by a fat old sports teacher.

How do you figure? If anything, AST is the incompetent retard while the white mage is the nerdy chick with glasses. Also the fact you didn't immediately go to yuri shows you have shit taste.

I thought the filename was going to say "final_fantasy_and_final_fantasy_accessories" because she's wearing Hank Hill's glasses.

This probably counts.

counts in my book

Lalas deserve to be mashed.

You've got dirt for brains, you walking popoto

Someone wanted lewd WHM?

this is the only lewd whm thing i have

whm here. can confirm this.

fuck the gold spammers are evolving

Its always afk hyurs at the limsa board on Shiva from the same site using /say

I reported one the other day and 5 seconds later they popped out of existence, feels good man. Delicious chinese tears.

Same on Levi, although I haven't seen or heard from one in ages.

Adding a 'report RMT activity' bottom really scared them off.

That and gils worthless compared to things like WoW gold.

Whats the best way to farm Company Seal?

turn in dungeon trash or gear you don't want anymore to your gc

Run dungeons, greed the shit out of everything and turn them in.

Boosting exp gain for level 1-50 is a blessing to old players for leveling second class but a curse for new players that that level up too fast passed their intended main quest and job quest requirement that they have no chance to try out the new skills

Fates if you still need levels

I just want to be level 60 goddamn it

So what are peoples numbers in terms of jobs not at 60?

I'm at:

Should get alchemist and monk at 60 in the next couple of days and DD is good for getting the 3 combat jobs to 50 easy along with the roullette so by the end of the month i should have them all 60 but Botanist and Fisher because after grinding Miner 1-50 in a solid 24 hours i have taken gathering leveling super slow lest i burn out.

How are you doing in the autism? granted Stormbloods not till summer 2017 but fan fest really gave me a kick in the pants to get the last ARR quests tied to classes out of the way to finish them all at least.

this is why we hate plds

And they say this only went bad during ARR?

I'm calling it, the Halloween Haukke Manor dungeon is going to reveal this is some Overlook Hotel shit.

Just got my WAR to 50 and plan on taking that to 60 to clear up some inventory space. With Stormblood's announcement I'm even more motivated to get out of the shitty situation I'm in.

I was already leveling MNK just because it was the only 40 so i started with that and the number of MNKs ive seen post Stormblood trailer release is crazy, NIN never had this many running about during Dreams of Ice.

Okay, i got PLD unlocked in ARR and found it dull as dicks and never touched it again, leveling it now and looking at it does it have the smallest skill list of any class?

Luckily I haven't seen that many since then, because nearly every single one I've seen beforehand don't use positionals properly and it triggers the shit out of me.

It's pretty boring yeah but I'm a sucker for sword and shield.

AV is the place where sub-50 idiots go to die. i've harvested more salt from that dungeon than i have from anywhere else in game.

nah, it has about the same amount of skills as every other class does.

it seems like it's very low early on, because all you get up until 54 is a single 3-hit combo (rage of halone) and then Fb> Rb. that's it. at 54 you finally get a second combo to complete off of Rb with Goring Blade, and then a third Rb combo at 60 with Royal Authority. then the class becomes a lot more interesting, as you have to balance aggro generation with maintaining the GB dot and the raw damage from RA.

plus you get clemency, a stupidly high potentcy (1200) pld-only heal that gives you another option for party support and using MP.

prior to all this? pld is boring af.

currently working on getting brd up to 50, mostly so i can drop some gear for armory space. sch/smn is at 45, but all the rest are 50+. been focusing on mch and pld lately, as well as finishing my drk tank achievement for dat sweet sweet panther bell.

my ultimate goal is to be a warrior riding a panther with the title "…of the Stalwart Shield"

Only a few more patches till 4.0 adds RDM to let me get my fencing gentleman dandy on.

Maybe its nostalgia from my qt Mithra DRK/MNK from FFXI but i just find DRK to be such a more engaging class to play in FFXIV. PLD a lvl.35 feels like MNK or NIN at lvl.10

Thinking about it PLD might be more fun to level in DD to 50 than in actual dungeons.

relatively speaking, it really is. DRK has a lot more OGCD stuff to worry about, whereas with PLD you get two of your main OGCD skills at 45/50 (spirits within and circle of scorn), so you have a lot less buttons to push regularly than you do as DRK. Dark Arts keeps you very busy as DRK, and you always feel like you're juggling cooldowns and MP. it's a fun challenge.

of the tank classes, pld is probably the best to solo with, since you can bring SS and cure. this means you aren't bound to the potion cooldown for healing, and if you get a pox debuff then you can give yourself a bit of a margin for error with SS.

PLD is just boring-but-practical incarnate, it has few skills because it NEEDS few skills and Sword Oath is so little (unlike DRK) that there is no reason to Stance Dance, and the MP intensivity is nowhere near the of DRK.

It is babbys first Tank Job, tho Pre-30 Sync DRK is even easier then it.

It just lacks the insane damage potential of WAR and the AoE potential of DRK's Salted Earth+Blood Price+Dark Arts+Abyssal Drain spam, but it is the base the others build on, best exampled by how many GLA skills are considered "mandatory" and "Game Changing" by DRK and WAR compared to the other way around.

AV is more a "LOOK AT YOUR DAMN STATUS EFFECTS" tutorial dungeon IMO, i still don't like it though, but i hate Dzemael Darkhold even more, i think getting it on daily roulette for like a week straight is why.

It is unfun and god the cliff room, i won't even do "first room" runs of pure principle now.

I never had much of an issue with Dzemael Darkhold actually. It's tedious as fuck, but it's not that difficult.

turn off mob and player names,and disable a few other ui options for max immersion :^)

Admiral tiddies

BEST GIRL

Maelstrom master race

would bang

That Hyur has seen some shit.

Maid Alisaie and Butler Alphinaud

THE CUTEST COUPLE

Hello darkness my old friend

I've come to talk with you again

Bunbuns

It's fine, he can always borrow Niddhog's eyes

yeah, no, they never said that. it will be 2, MAYBE 3 new jobs if we are lucky
they never said this either, they said they were going to change up the raid scene and were looking into releasing savage modes first then a normal mode for shitters in the next patch. then they also vaguely said they might make an extra difficulty for the true hardcore nerds on top of savage. they got no idea what they are doing with raiding yet
i got the impression this might be like dynamis from FFXI when they said there would be rare and timed notorious monster that drop loot, a welcome change from tomestone grind whatever it is

/hildy

If only she was a big tiddied roe

Papaya papayapayapaya papaya

Spooky scary skeletons

That's it

My little scion can't possibly be this cute

fuck yes.

he's the dude in charge of the yellowjackets at the Coral Tower. since the YJ's are basically LL's police force, i imagine he's had to cover more than his fair share of fucked up situations.

>moenbryda seductively bully-loving urianger in the background

nashu chasing enkido

id like to give her my mhacarraca

this calendar is great. thanks for posting it user.

Holy shit how are so many people this bad? Like I figure some of them are new to the game and still leveling but like every group is 4/8 retarded.

there is always that tank or dps that just takes every cyclops hit

levi (and ifrit and ramuh) are actually harder with echo. at least if you're using unsync, and sometimes even if you're not, simply because all it takes is a single mis-timed dot to force them into wiping the party, regardless of what you do. even at 50, if your party had a collective ilvl of over 110, you had to be careful with how hard you DPS'd those bosses, just so you don't wipe to the mechanics.

no people just kept falling off and standing in the middle for no reason

It's over now, and I got it cleared but that fucking book shuffled 4 times and now the stickers are all over the place. Not sure if I should just get my last 2 and say fuck it or try for another shuffle, but idk how to farm the points

do low level shit. sign up for sastasha/tt/copperbell and shit, or the original three primals, especially ifrit.

sometimes you can find newbie clear stuff in PF. i ran a tails group that did all the EX primals today and got 4 points that way, even though i was done with my tails for the week.

VIERA CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL

oh my!

Not happening. AST is time mage.

the finest of milf wines.

who's the other chick with gerolt though? i get baderon and momodi, but i dunno who hot milf #2 is.

le happy merchant

My very uneducated guess is that it's probably Rowena and that the art made her hair longer than it actually is.

ALLAGANS WERE MAKING DELICIOUS SNAKE GIRLS, FOR PLEASURE PURPOSES.

TRULY AN ADVANCE RACE

Wait till you do the dungeon where female characters are 'approved for mass replication'

yeah, it's rowena.

I know it's just my imagination but somehow her nose seems especially prominent.

holy fuck, i wish the mods banned me permanently rather than temporarily

generally, the FF community doesn't seem as bad as the blizzdrone WoW community does.

having said that, they have their moments of incredible stupidity. i've seen some people choose some odd hills to die on while browsing those forums, and the logical gymnastics used to justify some stuff is on a level that i did not know was possible.

Official forums are cancer for every game ever made because its sad bastards that want senpai to notice them.

So do you think now PS3 is dropped we are going to 5 player parties with a support? Would it be BRD, MCH and RDM? maybe DNC?

What limit would give support? Reflect wouldnt work with heals, regen/speed buffs might be the thing i guess.

Wait i got it, the support limit break should be sending everyone into Trance from FF9.

Don't get ahead of yourself. While it is true PS3 support being dropped shit can run better, who's to say we'll see anything noticeable implemented soon enough? For all we know, simply dropping PS3 would only allow them to implement relatively smaller but good QOL shit like the expanded inventory we're going to get.

They did explicitly state a "combat system overhaul". The extent of that is yet to be elaborated upon, but adding/adjusting roles is entirely within the potential scope of that.

Overhaul can mean a lot of things, though. I don't have much faith in a significant improvement until I see it.

I see.

All I want for 4.0 is for it to not be a mere paid patch like what Heavensward was. Heavensward added nothing new to the table.

I am far more inclined to believe the 'combat overhaul' is just behind the scenes numbers changes for 5 player parties for a support role than the game suddenly becoming tera like some people online seem to think.

These plebs probably dont get PTSD tier nostalgia from this music.

wait… people are complaining that they're being given more content?

These are modern WoW players. The sort of people i've seen in the 4chan Holla Forums screencaps going "Sylvanas is no longer problematic and thats okay" and downloading rotation bots "because you CANNOT expect a dps to watch the ground for aoes AND do a rotation!"

mite b cool.

i was thinking about this too, and there are some limitations to what SE could do. take haste for example; you can only add so much haste to most classes due to the effect of animation lock. MNK's are the odd ones out because their moves are generally quick and to the point, but classes like DRK, MCH, PLD and WAR all have some sort of OGCD and on GCD animations that seem to just take up fuckhueg amounts of time to get through (i.e. DRK with Salted Earth, WAR with Holmgang, PLD with RoH, MCH with Reassemble/Reload etc.). so unless the game is changed such that animations seamlessly override each other like they do with MNK, a haste buff wouldn't really work out.

i guess there's a raw dmg buff; give everyone 15-30-50% more damage for 20s or so. you'd have to math it out to see under what conditions this would be better than the DPS LB, but you can't argue for more damage. if you're increasing the damage of an entire raid by a cumulative total of 400%, that's pretty significant. maybe the numbers would need to be tweaked, but the idea is solid. it's also boring as fuck, and may require certain encounters to be built around the option, like Alex Prime is built around the use of tank LB.

Alex P works out though, because you get enough LB charge to use a level 3 LB at least one more time, usually with enough for a rank 1 or 2 LB on top of that. that's 7-8 bars of limit break, meaning you'll always see a tank LB3, and then either a DPS or heals LB3 on top of that, and a DPS LB1 or 2 to seal the deal.

maybe a big debuff on the mob? that might work, and might be more attractive as a "damage boosting" LB than simply increasing the damage of each party member by X%. you could also toss other stuff, that would ignore immunity, like a big ass slow debuff for a short time, or a powerful poison that also decreases damage done. but, again, you'd need some encounters built around it.

which is entirely possible i suppose. i mean, this is the team that took the train wreck of 1.0, complete with it's initially broke-ass combat and repeating environments, did a full mea culpa for it, said to everyone "we're working on improving the game, but in the meantime please enjoy it for free" and then went and did exactly as they promised by turning out an awesome game that managed to tie the story of 1.0 into 2.0 seamlessly.

so even if i cant finagle a reason as to how they'd do it, i have faith. seeing a support-type role introduced would be great, especially if it bumped the party limits up to 5/10.

i didn't start when heavensward released, but it seems like they're trying to make stormblood more like 2.0 was when it released. you had a solid 3 EX primals, binding coil, a few large open world events via end-game FATE's, and solid options for crafted end-game pieces. people ate up the content, but they managed to keep a reasonable pace for it, while also providing other interesting distractions and activities for people to engage in (avoiding the WoW patch/content treadmill that has plagued it since Wrath).

fucking plebs.

i think it's just fear of the unknown and of change. and people being idiots.

REAL TALK: Which RDM should be the XIV RDM aesthetic?

*hard primals, not EX primals

i should sleep but this assange shit has me on edge.

kek be with us

Probably the Hybrid spell mixer as that would fit most neatly as a third caster role option.

It would be nice if they gave RDM Bravely Default inspired outfits. The games are flawed but still the best 'final fantasy' single player jrpgs since the PS1 era and the lack of anything in XIV is a bit of a bummer when i see 2/3'rds of all female characters with lightning hair.

Expanding on this: Perhaps they could use such a mechanic to create a Hybrid like AST, but one that instead switches between a DoT-heavy SMNesqe stance and a turret nuke stance.

FYI: They just started the PS3-PS4 upgrade today and it runs till Dec.31st

duh. somebody has to rimjob the tank while the whm is busy on his pole.

mah nigga. ajido marujido was boss.

i had a friend who got caught cheating and, before getting banned, managed to toss his kraken club to another friend who was jailed with him before they toasted his character. the other friend sold that kraken club on the AH for like 8 million gil or some shit, and last time i checked a few years back, it was still the only transaction for a kraken club on the bahamut server. i think between the two of them, they made close to 2 grand ebaying that gil out to people.

that sounds interesting actually. and it would require skill to use correctly, which would weed out all the shitters who think they can re-visit RDM and have a free ride like they did in 11 with their refresh and their haste.

expanding further on that, maybe they can tweak the whm/blm aspect of RDM to have a sort of push/pull effect on each other. something of an inverse of the BLM astral/umbral mechanic, where instead of boosting the powers as you get more stacks, it boost the opposite powers. so you can sit there and nuke/slash away with fire/your fire sword or whatever, but each use stacks a buff that increases the potency/decreases the cost of healing/support abilities. then during a phase change you can help spot heal or shield or some shit, and this stacks up a buff that increases the power of your offensive stuff, encouraging both supportive and offensive play.

i can dream

They still have a hard time with the current rotations and the old, if they even do the combos that is. Ninjas with no huton spamming 1 button, healers that never touch cleric and still can't heal, or the triple jump dragoons with no botd nor heavy thrust. I can go on and on about these parasites that preform this bad and can still miraculously feed themselves.

You can only do what I do. Call them out and pray they die off.

FUCKING TOP TIER.

This is shit to level a crafter to.

Anyone got any more details on how they plan to revamp the battle system? Sounds like a tremendous undertaking, and quite frankly it sounds too good to be true.

the only concrete thing that's come out so far is how they plan to take "must-have" skills like Provoke or Swiftcast and make them baseline for certain classes. so WAR and DRK would get a baseline voke, and all casters would have access to Swiftcast, and probably other similar parallels with other classes too. but only voke and SC were mentioned by name.

All we know concrete so far is cross class jobs wont be pick and mix but a set list for dps, tank and heals eg everyone gets provoke when on a tank job if they wish to use it. I assume they offer like 12 and you pick 5.
And they are making your UI change with the job. I assume how people used to make addons for WoW so druid players could have leaves and shit around the screen and rogues menues were full diablo tier edge.

They also mentioned accuracy would be "extensively changed" (possibly dropped). Other secondaries will probably see changes too.

Not sure if evolving tech and detail capabilities or if derplander is ageing in the trailers

He's seen some shit.

do want.

noice. very noice.

i think he's legit aging user. and they're doing a good job of it. his face has more characterization than 99% of modern day "entertainment."

Why is literally everyone calling him the derplander?

meant for as well

I DONT NEED IT

*im going to buy it.

MMOs in general have like the lowest skill requirement to play. These guys must be real knuckle draggers.

Also I tried out the new WoW xpac Legion. Most classes only have to press 2-3 buttons these days. I quit after a month coz I ran out of stuff to do and it was mind numbingly easy/boring.

this post got me thinking about the evolution of the game so far, so im re-watching all the trailers, from the first 1.0 release up until Stormblood. and fam, i'm heartbroken because:

i hate this feel.

I tried a month of warlords of dreanor and literally said out loud mid raid "what the fuck am i even doing, this isnt fun" and quit and uninstalled. The games a husk.

I had a similar feeling the other day noticing that i still have an 1.0 PC copy on disc and an ARR 2.0 PS3 copy. Those are both utterly worthless and in a few patches the ps3 one wont even work anymore. Sitting right next to my "Vanadiel Collection" that over a decade later still does. I dont know why but it was a little sad to see them outright retired.

I've been debating coming back.

It's just hard to recapture the magic of FF11. That game is a true masterpiece.

I played through heavensword, when I quit there were two primal fights (the insect guy and the king), and I think 2 wings of the raid were out?

I quit after I beat the second wing. I wanted to do more pvp but if I remember there was basically nothing.

How much has come out since then?

any chance of samurai as a new job? I have no idea why no MMO has made a class similar to it in FF11, controlling your own chains and causing all sorts of wild effects

I did that too once.

Well theres Void Ark, Weeping city of Mhach with Ozma, Alexander Prime, Deep Dungeon, the new triple triad duty, the duelling area outside wolves den, the new pvp shit i havent even tried yet, hildibrand, a fair few new dungeons, lots of new story quests new profession stuff, idyllshires now a town not a ruin anymore, two new primals Sephirot the Fiend and Sophia the Goddess and knowing XIV theres probably shit i am not remembering.

Plus DD is great for leveling below 50 alt jobs and it rewards random bags that can include things worth millions of gil on the marketplace.

Tempting…very tempting.

Honestly a months sub is worth it for things like Ozma and Sophia and duelling edgelords out in the open world.

BECAUSE OZMA IS THE FUCKING SHIT.

I'm not joking hes one of the alliance raid 'easy raid' bosses that wiped more people than any boss outside coil and they are workshopping a stand alone Savage/Extreme Ozma fight. Hes the fucking best.

Seriously just look at this fight

he really is. ozma is the reason they call it "wiping city." even now, a few months later, he causes catastrophic raid failure on a regular basis. he has mechanics that requires every player to actually pay attention. every player. fucking up most of those mechanics likely wipes your group, which in turn likely wipes the rest of the raid.

is it just because he's lala? as a femroe i find myself wanting to be able to zoom out more with my camera, but i don't think there's an option to increase max distance anywhere. or at least i haven't found one yet.

I made an alt lala just to try a different server and the potato fov is fucking strange.

at least you arent in the EU, they are charging double the books cost in shipping for them.

such are the consequences of letting jews run your (((international trade agreement)))

Mhigxit soon syndicate scum!

Haven't played since like beginning of 3.0, how alive is the FC?

Is it possible to get the cutscene voices in japanese, or any other language for that matter?

yeah in the options i think.

Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to the Tiamat server tomorrow.

Man i hope they do a world of final fantasy tie in, trying the demo and this shit is kawaii as FUCK.

newfag here

Is there an optimal time to start leveling other jobs?

My Thaum is level 19, I eventually want to go Black Mage so i'll have to level archer at some point.

main story quest is for your main job exp, fates and hunting log and roullette is for others.

It's probably optimal to get at least one job to 60, because you'll get a +100% XP bonus all the way to 50 and then a +50% bonus from 50-60. However, every job has essential cross-class from other ones. Black Mage not so much, but for other jobs you might want to consider stopping at 50 to level up the other classes for your appropriate cross-class.

Technically, Optimal would be once you get your "main" to 60, since you get a Exp bonus the higher your highest is., but for the Subjob you need to level i generally just grab it when you do the "emissary"/"Memorial Invite" part of the main storyline and blow the starting area quests of the whatever area the sub-job is "native", they should enough to hit 15 even without the EXP boost, and then you can continue your main job through the main storyline without touching, though you will probably miss some crossclass stuff you as a BLM you are not one of the ones that have a blatantly obvious need for em, they are firmly in "nice to have" territory, the ones that do being WAR and the Non-BLM Casters for Voke and Swiftcast respectively.

Basically, 60 is optimal,50 is good, and 20-30 is what you gonna have to "settle" for when leveling your first job unlock, because frankly, if you don't get your Job ASAP when hitting 30 you will be a laughing stock and for good reason.

Fix'd.

I wish the xp boost was cumulative the more 60's you got.

Ok i just finished up the main quest chain where i do the Satasha dungeon. I'll head to Gridania and get my archer up to 15 and then continue leveling my Thaum after that?

level it doing fates and hunting log and roullette, save all quests for later. There is not enough quests for more than 3 or 4 jobs out of 13.

ok so I'll skip all the starting quests and shizz??

thanks guys :3

Because the fuckup left his axe in the past when he got thrown into the future.

Thats it.

Class quests are fine.

Better description actually.
>Make sure you are wearing a cute glamour, have a nice drink and snack and throw on podcasts and lets plays to pass the time

bonus: im grinding jobs enjoying 'monster talk' where sceptics talk about the real facts behind shit whackjobs believe in like ghosts or 'crystal healing' or ayys and the stories about how people like the folks the film the conjuring was based on were massive scamming dickheads is riveting halloween listening.

But if you believe that bunk paranormal podcasts also good.

wikihow.com/Get-Over-an-Anime-Addiction

i guess i'm skipping my tome weapon

I dunno how he's still doing it when there's not even fucking weapons anymore.

Can't wait to see how badly it fucks everyone up.

You say that like they wont give us ANOTHER fucking giant tombstone grind.

And I bet the 255 edgy PotD weapon won't be that hard to get.

Any of you faggots went to the fanfest?

If so, how was it?

you underestimate my poopsocking user

i think i was server first for my 240, i couldn't find anyone around with it no matter how hard i tried and it took me two weeks

Same but i literally did nothing else and didnt play for a month afterwards.

Hydylin is showing her true colors. She will be the 5.0 antagonist.

We cleansed an entire 24-man of french people by bullying them, it was a good day.

I think it'd be sick if they added in an unbeatable boss like back in Everquest.

Please tell me there will be more.

Fuck that gay shit, get me some moogle slippers asap

twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/788088366109630464?s=09

HOW DO THEY GET TO 60

HOW DO THEY GET A FULL SET OF TANK GEAR

AND NOT KNOW HOW TO TANK, NOT EVEN WHAT THE CONCEPT OF A TANK IS IN AN MMORPG

FUCKIN RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IM FULLA THA VINEGAR

So after reading what they have planned for the next expansion, I want to get back in. That 3x budget alone has my dick rock hard because it shows they actually realize 'if we do it well at the start, we'll get more people'

My question is should I wait til we find out how the combat system will change or would it be a good idea to jump in now? I never played heavensward and I quit right before that came out.

I miss my monk.

They fate grind in northern thanalan to 50, but I have no idea after that.

Deep Dungeon was a mistake.

#NotAllPaladins

Motherfucker OF COURSE THATS WHAT IT IS.

what kind of ff game would it be if you don't kill god?
I do think it would be cool if we switched sides for an expansion or something

It is a pretty fun mistake though, good for bringing yourself up to speed if you haven't been playing a class for a while.

And the party composition can be pretty funny sometimes, I had "4 WHITE MAGES!? THAT WILL NEVER WORK!" earlier today.

And it ain't like the other roles don't have their own shitters use it without doing their job.

We already kill like 1.5 gods per patch though.

I mean God

what if the guy is just a troll?
You have to at least wonder.

If that's the case Alexander still counts.

I mean, he is/was basically omnipotent and actually threw the fight.

So the next Relic step is the last one? that feels like it happened way faster than the ARR one.

What is the upcoming Halloween event going to consist of?

minigames for cosmetic gear?

a dunjin

Sames as always most likely, do ~3 cycling Fates in the area for currency to buy Minions,Cosmetic Gear,Orchestrion Rolls, Magicked Prisms/Fireworks and Ventures.

Probably that. No new FATEs were added. Also there's a chair mount.

min&max zoom are the same regardless of race
min&max fov are the same regardless of race

Theres a new Halloween dungeon coming out for it Oku San!

i swear ill be on my roe, tanking something fuckhueg, and i cant position my camera for shit to see any of my numbers. but i watch that video, and that lala is in the same position i am in for a lot of shit i do, and he's got exactly the view that i would want.

shit is frustrating as hell fam.

ctrl+up/down

what does it mean to be an eggman

camera height can be changed by getting a taller/shorter character, will look into how much of a difference it makes compared to ctrl+up/down

This shit ain't part of my master plan at all!

Presumably it means you have the master plan.

???

You seem to be here by mistake user.

back to your chao garden ivor

I'll show you who's the boss of this thread

hey buddy i think you got the wrong door.

Is getting caught part of it

Yo~sh~

LEATHERWORKING CONFIRMED FOR Holla Forums!

FUCK♂YOU

fuck you leatherhead

Did this shit already sell out or what? It's listed on the se store but its just for a waiting list.

Sold out in less than an hour.

Already confirmed more are being made.

They were on sale for about 32 minutes.

I got one

Sold out in less than 16 actually.

Well shit. Guess ill have to hope i can get one next time.

Final traid primal is a giant puppet idol beginning with Z, Alisea is RDM surprising nobody and Papalymo unleashes the lalafel BEAST MODE using jijis staff apparently.

Also including your character in the story only 9 dragoons are left alive in the world after the dragonsong war.

[citation needed]

Please don't do this.

Are we also counting the now retired Angstinien?

Nael was always a girl, she was grimdark reverse trap joan of arc

Yeah. Theres many every other job now but DRG are almost extinct.

RIP all the dragoons who leapt too far and fell to their deaths.
May they either git gud at being a dragoon by LEARNING THE GOD DAMNED ROTATION and DODGING THOSE AoE's or pick another job that may suit them better.

its like pottery.

Yeah we know the final triad primal is Zurvan, The Demon.

That's no secret. Sephiroth, Sophia, and Zurvan were their actual names ever since the FF6 concept art.

the book has screenshots and concept art.

That's nine too many of those shitters.

you're the chosen one for whm

Not really, just the first none padjal, you are still just another WHM amongst others. You are the azure dragoon, the king dick best edge of edge.

Hopefully Stormblood will do the same level of shilling and main story interweaving for Monk.

And to be honest i kinda like MCH angle of being a "brand new" Job on emergence better then THE ONE AND ONLY one of Dragoon flavour-wise.

You're not even the first non-Padjal. The Amdapori practiced the art ages ago but it was lost when the elements got pissed at them and shut down everything.

Level 14 or so. When does it get fun? How do I have fun?

mch is awesome like that. the little change to the flavor text on the soul crystal is a nice touch.

the /k/ in me also thinks stephanivien is a bro.

what class are you?

also, once you hit sastasha at 15ish it becomes much more interesting. group play early on is much more engaging than solo is at the time. be sure to do the hall of the novice for some sweet gear and a tits awesome ring that you'll use on every job until you hit 30 with it.

Stephanivien is woke as fuck.

How prevalent are dungeons after the first three? Waiting for a group on Sastasha was fucking hell.

Fairly frequent, both in the MSQ and outside of it.

The Titan fight. Trust me.

I created a Gladiator character who started in Ul'dah.

Sastasha, is that the "first" dungeon of the game?

The game has told me nothing of a Hall of the Novice…

My biggest gripe so far is only having two moves that I use at all beyond some self-buffs.

I'm really giving it a try to see if my wife and I would enjoy playing together. She and I usually like to heal and tank together.

source on this?

yeah but your chosen by A-Towa-Cant a legendary whm
not really much different than dragoon

they should have different flavor text on all the crystals

Gladiators have a bit of a reputation for being boring.
a lot of people enjoy the other tank classes

Provided you unlock the optional ones ASAP there is a dungeon roughly every 5 levels apart at most, most often then just like 3 level gap.

Most are unlocked via the storyline though, and those once come much less tighly, like after Satasha i think the next story one is 28 with a Trial (Basically just a single boss fight), there will basically be one dungeon or trial near the end of every "Arc" of the story,the "3-dungeon" arc of Satasha-Copperbell-Deepcroft being the exception as they come basically straight after each other so you "Daily Dungeon Roulette" will be able to actually be a Random.

Most classes don't come into their own until Level 30 when they get their job related upgrade(s) (GLA/PLD being a significant exception since they get fuck all as their first job "upgrade")

Don't get me wrong, GLA and PLD hold their own, they are just incredibly straightforward without the nuances and gimmicks.

To explain it simply. DRK at 30, the moment you finish your first "Job Quest" is more complicated then PAL at 50+.

Gas the gladiators. DPS race now. Got it. Thanks.

just starting this game

is there a 8ch guild or whatever they're fucking called here?

what's the most popular server?

they are called Free Companies
And yes, there is a 8ch fc in the Exodus Server

The most populated servers are Balmung and gilgamesh; if you like RP balmung is the official rp server

this game is to expensive, are there pirate serbs?

I got the base game for $8.99, $15 a month

If you pay for one month at a time with 8 characters a server. It's like $12 a month

yeah, he's mah boy. most of house hailenarte seems to be pretty down to earth in a good way. i could almost waifu laniatte if she weren't a blade ear or i would and wouldn't tell anyone about it.

the first three open up at 15/16/17 iirc, and then after that you get one dungeon every 4 levels (20, 24, 28, 32) and then one dungeon every 3 levels (35, 38, 41, 44, 47) and a horde of dungeons at 50+. i think there's about as many dungeons at 50 as there are sub-50 dungeons.

like this user said, gladiator is kinda boring early on. and it stays kinda boring until like, level 54ish? or so. sad but true. it's a solid tank class, but none to engaging. to be fair, no class is really engaging pre-20. 20 is when most classes have enough skills and traits to make them interesting; i.e. PGL plays much more fluidly, and by extension is more fun, once you get past level 20 and can stack more than one stack of greased lightning. by end game, MNK (the job that has it's roots in PGL) is a fast-paced, high-skill floor-and-ceiling class that rewards a quick mind and quicker fingers with what is arguably the highest dps in game.

Paladin, the job that comes from GLD, is a solid tank, considered by many to be the "baseline" tank and arguably the most "defensive" of all the tanks, with a plethora of CD's they can pop to reduce damage and protect allies. later game they get a lot more combo potential (3 distinct 3-hit combos) and some solid support, with their own unique super-powerful (1200 potency) healing spell, and a 2 minute cooldown buff that places a shield equivalent to 10% of the pld's life on every ally in a radius. the issue is, it takes a bit to get to that point. even though the prevailing advice is to keep with one class at least until 30, if you're feeling like you need a change of pace, switch it up. play marauder for a bit, or pugilist, or try out conjurer or thaumaturge.

if your wife likes healing, she should start off as a conjurer. that'll place her in gridania, and for the first 15-16 levels she'll be solo more or less, and then the game opens up and you guys can pair up and go conquer the world together. if you're set on tanking, you can't go wrong with leveling marauder, as there are a few skills you get from MRD that make life as a GLD/PLD easier. likewise, if you're set on doing the paladin route, leveling conjurer (the earliest healing class there is) is a good idea, as PLD requires you to have at least level 15 in conjurer, and there are a couple of CNJ skills that serve PLD very well, specifically Stoneskin, which grants a shield that absorbs 10% of the target's life. it's another solid support skills you can use as a PLD to aid your group, that helps set the good PLD's apart from the average shitters out there. there are numerous mechanics in the game that force a healer or DPS to take damage regardless of what they do, and many of these also force the mob you are tanking to stop attacking you. this is where SS shines, as it gives you a way to use your MP that also serves to mitigate damage done to a target while sparing healer MP.

as for the Hall of the Novices, I think it auto-unlocks and gives you a little in-game tip about it once you hit 15. go through all the parts of it if you can, for tank, heals and dps. it's got solid advice, you get some good gear for your class at the level, and most importantly, an amazing ring that boosts your xp gain on sub-30 classes.

yeah, that's about right.

Exodus has New Wheels Order , dunno if there are other guilds on other servers, nWo itself basically just shit posts in the FC chat and had some drama about someone "betraying"and reporting said shitposting to GMs before HW hit, if them asking you to post a pc in this thread confuses you that's why, just a security measure to keep randos from joining and getting bumblasted.

Exodus itself isn't TOO bad, just your average Server, not the most popular, but not abandoned, the economy is stable enough and you should be able to fund buying the frivolous shit you want pretty easily, even with a bad money sense.

that rush man

sauce on any of this?

Yoshi P told me during the fanfest. Don't bother him about it.

don't worry my dad works at final fantasy

Those sure are a lot of talk-words, and I thank you for them.

Goblins don't have rights. Please leave.

Don't give gobbie-lip, or uplander will smash and bash.

so i've got a dragoon at level 44, and i'm starting to work towards getting a paladin together for when my group needs a tank. tell me honestly, Holla Forums: are paladin tanks shit?

They are the ez mode of tanks but they are boring as fuck to play. That said, a good pld knows when and who to cover.

They do their actual job(Tanking) just fine, they are just kinda dull to play comparatively since their "standout" is just having more Defensive CDs then usual rather then potential for FUN but situational and risky gimmicks, it is the "safe" option.

depends on what you mean by shit. for pure damage reduction/aggro-holding purposes, they're fine. for anything besides that (and some healish/supporty stuff on the side), yeah, they're kinda shit.

the current meta uses DRK and WAR more often because WAR flat out hits harder more often while DRK is nearly as tanky as PLD but with the potential for way more DPS. given that there are a lot of DPS checks in content nowadays, having an MT or OT that can swap into a powerful burst-damage stance is helpful, and both DRK and WAR can do that (DRK to a lesser extent than WAR).

but regardless, you'll need at least level 22 GLD if you go DRK, and level 34 GLD if you go WAR, for the cross class skills. so you may as well take it up that high at least.

Shit at dps check, worst at keeping aggro for a large mob but good as MT

as DRK main, I wish SE would lower the MP consumption for Dark Arts and Grit. Its hard to maintain MP while trying to get the highest dps possible and I can't count how much I got fucked because I can't switch to tank stance. *having too much fun spamming Dark Arts combo**

that's still nearly 200 a year

Chocobo racing is such a fucking pain, racing against other players is like fighting a round with Mike Tyson and I don't even dare imagine what the Triple Triad hall would bring.
I fucking hate challenge logs

are you neet or just underpaid?

You can choose the rule for triple triad if you fight with other players. If you dont have many powerful cards, just use random or reverse rule. Most players use this rule to not get fucked by autist with 100 5* cards

I don't think anyone here is going tell you its a bargain, but I will be the first to say for that $12 you get a decent value in the form of patches, past content, seasonal events, and so on. While it is quite a lot per year, I would say it would be the same as if you got random AAA title of the year +DLC +Micro BS.

At least in this you can just stop playing per month till new shit comes out.

So pretty much stop being a poorfag and git gud

Those probably are my best bet in actually winning a match but I'd feel pretty dirty using them considering I think they're absolutely shit in NPC matches.

Balmung occasionally runs player-ran Tripel Triad tournaments and the way they work it there is to have the player with more cards build a deck that's scaled down to the other person's limit.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/308080-More-accurate-help-text-for-Wind-Up-Moenbryda?p=3898382#post3898382

You would rather compete with peoples that have unfair advantage because they have more card then you?

You're right, still doesn't change how much I dislike it.

I imagine "harmless liberties" involves removing GROSS JAPANESEY SHIT like Nintendo of America does with their localizations.

How do they know he fucked it and didn't hug and cry into it? They are projecting there own fantasies onto that last bit. Even if he did, how the fuck is that even "borderline" sexist? How is that even remotely sexist? Guess all those dollfie fuckers are sexists.

They probably think "anatomically accurate" means it has genitals or what the fuck ever.
Or squishable boobs like that one MGS5 figure

Does enochian or whatever for blm make it as hell as a friend makes it out to be or does he just need to acquire skill?

BLM is very easy but is highly dependent on knowing ideal positioning for fights, and that can be challenging for some people. He needs to either git gud at figuring out where to stand in specific fights or switch to SMN.

I just got to level 60 blm so I don't know the fancier rotations for enochian and the extra skills involved but I use it after I cast fire III from Ice III then Fire IV - Fire IV - Fire I to reset timer on umbral fire - Fire IV - Fire IV - Ice III - Ice IV to renew enochian counter - rinse and repeat

:^)

ishiggy lads.

disregard aoe; acquire skill. tell him to learn the fights and when it's safe to blow his wad or else do what says and pickup smn.

The latter. BLM finally has a non-infinite resource to manage.

Let's be fair, there's someone from Balmung telling them to fuck right off too.

I thought I was just giving him shit by telling him to git gud, but I'll keep doing that until they shove brd into a real support slot and he quits.

What melee class would be easiest to play with a controller? I snagged vanilla ARR for ps4 from the clearance section @ Target for $5.

I like how rogues look.

If I like the game I'll pick it up for PC after the free month

No reason a rogue shouldn't work. But I think you have to reach level 10 in something to become one, so start with Marauder or Arcanist if you want to unlock it right away, or start with Pugilist or Lancer if you want to save the quests in its city for it.

DRG is the only melee I can see being an issue to play on a pad. Honestly any class works fine on controller if you are willing to macro it up a bit for a few classes and use the double trigger crossbar.

I think the devs playtest using controllers, so it shouldn't be a problem with any of the classes.

You fuck

That's pretty neat.

I've actually found it pretty comfy to lay in bed and run around Limsa Lominsa so far.

Smashed a few ladybugs with my axe :3

BLM's rotation is super easy. All it takes is the knowledge of when you've taken enough time moving that you have to cut a cast. Not hard in the slightest.

Honestly any melee on controller should work and melee is the only role I could really stomach playing with a controller personally.

anyone know the fastest method to leveling alts? wanna get blm to 60 cuz big numbers

what i'm seeing is
in that order

So comfy you posted about it twice!

I'm just bustin ya balls

It seems PotD is the fastest, assuming you play it safe and stick to floors 1-30 and squeezing in your roulettes.

who /pompadour/ here

what are the odds of this maintenance ending early, i want to make a fuckin character

There are two chances per run for the chest piece to drop, so all forty drops have been everything but the chest piece. They have full skyraider, as do I, I have full Skywicce, We've seen full NIN and MNK, and MCH sets drop from every chest of every run.

This chest piece is cursed. I separated from him this morning to solo queue for my raider boots. Two fucking skydruid furs dropped in the one run he wasn't there.

Did not mean to quote at all what the fuck

potd seems good, anyone know the exp you get from each floor set?

for my 51 nin i got ~138k for 1-10 and 170ish i think for 11-20

i'll need to test the other floor ranges, but thanks

doing 1-10 solo on my mch i was able to reliably finish it in about 20 minutes. assuming ~138k for the 1-10 area at level 51, that's about 6900 xp per minute, plus anywhere from 1-4 hoards on average. if you can manage to get a solid northern thanalan FATE group together, you'll probably get better xp returns for the same period of time (since killing the actual monsters will give you xp, unlike in DD), but that's reliant on having at least another 3 players FATEing with you.

so, near as i can tell from my experience, a solid FATE group is your best bet for speedy leveling, supplemented by making sure you hit up all your roulettes every day. assuming you can't get a good FATE group, then DD 1-20 in a matched party is probably your next best choice. if you're someone who doesn't play during busy times of day, then DD might be the best option for you, since it's relatively quick even when solo (for most jobs).

not like i'll actually get 3 lines. i think it's more likely to win the actual fucking cactpot.

will they ever remove all male potatoes from the game

That won't increase your chances in getting a lalafell cocksleeve, user.

I will figure out how to mod the game to exclude male potatoes and cats

FOR FUCKS SAKE

I know that feel.

Roulettes with bonuses are still the best
I think it is considered that if you are dps potd is the way to go unless you get a large fate group. If you are tank or healer you should just run the highest dungeon you have unlocked

Off tanks are easier to replace than weeks of lost progression. :^)

sounds like it's time to level a tank class user.

we could use a new bread.

and also that obese mid 40's lonely woman that tries to be "guild momma" and calls everyone 'hun' and usually plays shit like a tauren healer

thank fuck the age range for XIV is on average 20-35, by Pandaria the average WoW player was 45 and being mid 20's was wierd as shit. All those 'my wifes the healer but shes dyslexic so can read fast' shitters, yeesh.

good thing XIV is all neets and anti social Holla Forumsirgins.

new bread 8ch.net/v/res/11010560.html

pomp squad