Space Thread: Comfy Re-Entry Edition

The only thing burning up would be your tongue after the initial sip of coffee.

When will games get re-entry right?

Other urls found in this thread:

inara.cz/galaxy-minorfaction/34176
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/298381-Re-enable-(A)DS-to-detailed-surface-in-system-map
archive.is/yIh5O
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/299200-Change-Proposal-for-PowerPlay?p=4659403#post4659403
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm reposting the tutorials.

Best ship, anyone who says otherwise is heretical.

I am looking for something like freelancer, on the more arcade side of the genre, but it's incredibly hard to find a game that does it right.
Does any user knows games similar to it in simplicity while still being fun to play, i tried evochrom mercenary and X, but both are too much on the simulator side and less on the open world space shooter side of things.
Something more like strike suit zero but open world.

Try Starpoint Gemini

gonna give it a look, thanks user.

Is stellaris still the best 'custom space civ with a side of space genocide' game atm?

Parkan 2 might be up your alley. You can also land on planets.

Stellaris does so much right, but it does even more wrong, worst part is that no other game does what it does right, but every other game does right what it does so horrendously wrong.

I loved how i could make a religiously xenophobic robot race that just assimilate everything on sight, but then you get to go to war, and the wars are so fucking underwhelming. It restrict you so much on warfare it's horrible, then you have shit that isn't supposed to happen, like robots disagreeing with the collective when i exterminated a race even though i was extreme xenophobic and collectivist while being a robot race, at the start i was having a blast with it, but as time passed more and more flaws started appearing and everything just crumbled down.
The game had so much potential, but it squandered hard trying to balance shit for the multiplayer.

The Mandate?

Modern Paradox in a nutshell right there.

Incorrect.

it depends, is it full of hand holding semen demons?

I wish I had time to play autistic games all day.

So for the FD faction, we got 2 systems in the list, best do this as soon as possible or else we'll be waiting longer, especially with 2.2 hinted at the end of this month.

We got so far

JU SHIVA

ESIEN ZU which happens to be outside the bubble

Just need to scout for a third good location.

Vaka

Already controlled by a player faction, and we're going for a prison colony.

inara.cz/galaxy-minorfaction/34176

Oh. I had no idea the First Imperial Fleet was a player faction.

couple things to look out for:
other than that, once we get our top 3, I'll fill out the form and we can begin waiting until 2.3 for our faction to appear!

Wait, so there is a player group? Since we've advanced to the faction application?

Yes, most of the systems in the last thread are controlled by a prison colony but some have player factions in them already.

oh the 2 i choose have no star ports.

unless the guy in charge lied to me, our player group should have been officially processed a few days ago.

bummer. do you still have the link to find prison colony systems? I'll make sure to scout out as many as I can today.
Also, if someone with creative autism want's to get to work on our faction description, I would be very thankful. Here's the requirements:

Well, what's it called?

Also I forgot to add, if we want our faction to have a different name from our player group (8th Imperial Pilot's Syndicate), now is the time to think of some new names

The ones with starports were already taken. But gotta dig deeper.
I was finding the systems using the galaxy map with the search fuction to Goverment type then clicking only on Prison Colonies.

Some didn't have system data so I just flew there and googled the faction names.

Can't find a group by the name of 8th Imperial Pilot's Syndicate.

where are you looking? We aren't a minor faction yet, just a player group.

Wait hold on, I goofed up, JU SHIVA does have a star port

if you are looking in the private group menu in game, that is different from a player group. A player group is basically just used internally by Fdev to contact us with 'exciting' new adverts in my email. There is no in-game use for player groups. But the damn things are required in order to make a minor faction.

wew

I was searching for the player group in-game. Didn't show up. Just some 8th dragon shit and another 8th something or other, but no imperial pilots syndicate.

I got a third one,

Wheemez

Has both starport and a station

What, and here I thought there'd be a private group to play Elite with Holla Forums.

Any suggested lets play videos for this? I don't want to stumble on a retard when I can find someone good at the game instead.

making a private group is as simple as clicking 'create private group.' We can do that at literally any time. We could even make a room on mumble

Looking for a space trucker game that I can play on my 7 year old system. Recommendations?

I watched EnterElysium a bit when I first started, but he seemed like a rookie also.

Once you familiarize yourself with the UI and know the basics you will do fine on your own.

What else can I do to make the grind more bearable. I'm making 2mil Cr/hour with the Type -6, is this ideal for the ship or not worth it?

so you got Wheemez, JU SHIVA, and what else? I just found GRANA, which also has a port and is not currently claimed.

The other one was ESIEN ZU but only has a station, Grana would be better. The only benefit to Esien zu is that it's outside the bubble, like 200 ly from sol.

Making a game is too exhausting, I'm having an intern write a short description of what playing the game would be like instead.

t. dev

Do sothis mining trade runs before they patch it.

Head out to Sothis/Ceos past the bubble, grind up rep for a bit with 'data delivery' type missions, and then you'll start seeing high-paying smuggling missions to the neighboring star, and deliveries back to the bubble. Remember that switching between Open and Solo mode to refresh the missions available, and pick up multiple copies of a similar mission, so you can fill up on 'deliver data' missions and drop them all off for easy rep gain.

Sometimes there'll be stuff like 'snake in 24 units of battle weapons', which pay close to 5 million for a short jump and dock.

Once you've got the money, I suggest switching to a type-7 transporter and picking up a full cargo hold of biowaste to bring back to the bubble - my first run netted me 20 million.

Is what I've just described the most effective strategy, or is there some kind of mining-related method that works better?

Not mining just going to the mining station. I just usually go to ceos take some data delivery missions to sothis then head take missions available in sothis mining station. I refresh the mission log and just take missions with a payout of 150/ton.

An asp explorer is also good for faster runs although smaller cargo hold.

An user asked about salvaging in the last thread, so here is a tutorial about it.

I'm going to cry.

Interesting. Why stick up on bio and going to the bubble though? What makes it profitable selling it to the bubble than outside it?

You don't buy the bio from ceos, you just take the missions that pay you around 6 mil to deliver around 40 tons of biowaste to some random system in the bubble. They are around 400lys away and at 20ly range laden it would take around 21 or 22 jumps. Do the same with the 2 stations in sothis. i think the sothis mining station missions are far more profitable. On my python with 216 cargo, I can pull around 35 to 40 million a run. But I only do like one run a week so I wont get too bored.

So anons I am looking for a game where I gather a bunch of friends on one ship and go on a comfy space trucking adventure.

Pulsar lost colony

Before I submit the faction application, do we want to name our Prison Colony a different name from our player group? Also, is anyone autistic enough to do

I'll give it a shot, why are we basing out of a prison colony again?

'Strayans in space.

Is there a way to set macros and/or templatize everything, so that you can work out a playstyle and then just have everything go on full automatic until you want to make a change?
I've tried playing this game a few times. One time I spent about 13 hours trying to terraform Mars, but ended up overdoing it and turning it into a hot hell. I see its potential and enjoy what it's trying to do - but god damnit is there a massive amount of busywork in this game. This game could really benefit from DF's user interface. Let me access every single little setting with a string of easily memorized keystrokes, rather than staring at spreadsheets nested within spreadsheets.

Even something as simple as making the spreadsheets white text on black instead of black text on white would probably measurably improve the experience.

Primarily because they aren't heavily requested by forumdads and reddit, so we don't have to worry too much that other people have requested our systems. If you are looking for something to write into the bio, I guess we just want to help make rebel scum suffer in prison.

ONE JOB

I'm sure I can come up with something.

I like the name. Can't really think of anything else to match a prison colony.

To any Aurora Anons here, did anyone else run into the problem of the Window not getting registered by the taskbar? It´s a pain searching for the window every time you had to do something else.

Can you have a deck devoted to carrying cuteboy prisoners?

Can you tell me how to refit ships without having to start all over? I want to upgrade the engines and missiles on my ships.

How realistic would this design be?

Aight, give me an hour or so.

Criticize as you all see fit, I tried to write the Syndicate as both dedicated to the Empire and the free will of the individual.

The 8th Imperial Pilot's Syndicate is founded on the ideals of true freedom of speech and freedom of opinion. Steadfast in the separation of the galaxy and independent governments from the tyranny of the Federation, the 8th Imperials are dedicated to bringing the word of the Empire throughout the edges and outer reaches of civilized space and enforcing the word of our Emperor.

Based out of [station or system name] the 8th Imperial Pilot’s Syndicate continues to work on training and reforming the hardest criminals the Empire has seen. Some of the Empire and Pilot Federation’s best pilots have come from the hard working prisons of the 8th Imperials. The 8th Imperials continue to work on reforming all its prisoners to fight for the Empire or better their own lives through dedication and reform.

No force in the entire of civilized space is more dedicated to the Empire as the 8th Imperial Pilots Syndicate

Long live the Empire!

hier

Made Arissa proud user

FUCK YOU FAKE HARRY KIM!

Sounds great, just find a way to add we are too exterminate all xenos and it would be perfect but there's no need.

It's space user. All you need is even distribution of thrust points

If by "deck devoted to cuteboy prisoners" you mean "tiny backroom with a single engineer who feels like a prisoner" then yes

Just captured a ship and am in the process of capturing another.

I love the fact that the soldiers hook themselves to the hull and cut their way in and die because my ships are hurling nukes at the enemy.

I tried that it's not working.

I made a copy, changed the 1 engine from an ion drive engine of the same hull size. It's not showing up on refit or DAC. All I did was change the engine and the ship is the exact same tonnage.

Might be the type of engine?

Perfect. With that, I will go ahead and submit the faction request form. Forumdads warn that I won't get notified when the faction is implemented, so I guess we should just look out for our faction after updates. I'll request for these three systems
If at any time, we need to change something, I can send an email with an update to an incompetent worker named Brett that logs in maybe once every month or so

I hear the people who're developing Star Citizen are borrowing pro-production Optane storage.

Re-entry should involve your ship gradually heating up until the seals fail, the cockpit structurally collapses from pressure and atmospheric friction causes your eyeballs to melt and your spine welds to your seat as the internal temperature of the ship rises to that of a flaming ball of wreckage. Until finally the fuel tank is ruptured in a brilliant glow of orange and white fire that can be seen from miles in every direction.

From this. Both are size 50

Darius Heavy Industries 400 EP Nuclear Pulse Engine (1) Power 400 Fuel Use 40% Signature 200 Exp 10%
Fuel Capacity 1,000,000 Litres Range 36.0 billion km (260 days at full power)

to this

Thaddeus-Samuel Heavy Industries 600 EP Ion Drive (1) Power 600 Fuel Use 35% Signature 300 Exp 10%
Fuel Capacity 1,000,000 Litres Range 41.1 billion km (198 days at full power)

Long as there's a shipyard in at least one of the systems so I can send all my ships there and make it my home.

Holy shit, I had to make an account on the forums to vote in their goddamn poll, because forumdads are trying AGAIN to ruin a quality of life improvement. Forumdads need to be fucking gassed. What is wrong with these people?
Endlessly working to make a game I enjoy that has great potential as un-fun as possible.

Did you change anything else?

If not, could you make a video of what you are doing and post it here? I might be able to see an issue

I'll go through each step I do.

Open class design
Click copy design on the ship I want to copy
Double click the engine to remove it on the copy under design view
Double click the new engine of same hull size on the copy to install it
Go to DAC tab, see nothing
Go to manage shipyards
Click on the shipyard of the old design that it's tooled for
Change task type to refit to
Click new class but only see the old design

It's not working. Does trying to refit an engine from an older technology to a new technology not work?

How would it simulate gravity without a rotary ring?

I know it works because I've upgraded my Chivvay class that way. All the steps you did were right. It might just be that aurora hates you. The thing about refits is that you don't know if you have a problem until you do and you can't find out what the cause of the problem is.

Acceleration?

That smells. The moment you have to alter your course out of a linear path you bleed artificial gravity.

there is one serious problem. you would have to constantly be using fuel to continue accelerating. And the more fuel your ship carries, the more mass it will have, which means it will be harder to accelerate. Not to mention, eventually, you will be traveling relativistic speeds if you accelerate for sufficiently long times, which means when you decelerate you will experience time dilation and everyone you know will be dead

That only works with steady slow burn ships which accelerate at 1g before flipping to slow down at 1g.

Problem is it's only good for dedicated missions with a set destination. Also all course changes remove it in-between burns.

Do I need to retool the shipyard to the copy?

You should watch the anime. It's hysterical when it happens.

That is what Sidonia is for m8

No, that would only be useful building the new design from scratch.

Anime is for faggots with no taste. Fuck off back to >>>/a/

I can refit to completely different ships but not to the copies. I don't understand why it's not working.

You planning on doing a colonization tutorial? I assume it requires a bunch of shits and takes longer than most.

Also, had to use SM because my shipyard simultaneity made a ship and did not make a ship at the same time getting it stuck in limbo unable to cancel or make a new ship. Really like that it exists for shitty bugs.

Do not know if a bug but I had 2 RL disappear. Could have been something happening but I did not notice it say that they got destroyed or something.

Also also, how does automining work? Does it just keep mining shits and you have to setup a task with a hauling ship. What is needed for it to pickup the items? Do you need a station by the place that is getting mined?

Fuck off m8

No idea what the issue is there. I can replicate the problem.

Colonizations requires Cryo habitats? Cryo something. Load colonists in there and send them on their merry way.

There are a lot of 'bugs' in this game. Most of them are from us being dumbasses and not understanding half of it.

Automines mine the minerals and you need a ship with cargo holds to pick them up and bring them to your homeworld. You don't need a station there unless you want to have a dedicated ship bring it to the station and then another dedicated ship bringing it wherever.

Looks like Grana doesn't have shipyard.

Lucky I'm drinking or else i would be pissed off to fucking hell.

I'm not sure anyone here is actually paying attention to shekel yiddizen

Has anyone played the Endless Space 2 beta?

How is it?

I almost bought it on impulse last night but i decided to wait a bit and ask around

Really enjoying aurora even if the world gen shat all over me by giving me 3 starting scientists and barely any resources on erf (almost everything will run out in like 8 years) and mars is completely barren even after sending a geo-survey team to it.

1. For what possible purpose?
2. Kikes will all burn.

you know, I normally hate reddit but since Ed has hardly a community outside of leddit and their own forums so everything i google about ED takes me to those places, i found this piece of work. Looks like there are sane people out there.

goddammit i gotta stop drinking

Pic is here.

god forbid if your carrying anything in space

Okay so I have a cargo hold on a ship but for whatever reason it keeps loading anything directly on the ship and leaving the cargo hold empty. What the fuck did I do wrong?

It says 0/25000 cargo space being used when I loaded 10 infrastructure on it. Or is it just being weird and that is actually how much 10 infrastructure takes up?

Thanks user, that tickled my funny bones.

good shit

When will gamers realise that their grand, realistic ideas for games aren't fun and even they would complain if such a game was in their hands?

I am sorry if we are having the wrong kind of fun.

it's no good

Isn't though the Engineer an autist who is best left alone who screams REEEEEE anytime anyone comes near his small dimly lit room?

these tense moments in the terrifying reality of actual space, a game like that would be neat, except with space ayys and light speed. It would be too depressing if space was like The Forever War

No one? Is the All in one installer what I need?

nvm found it

Yeah lots of the interesting stuff that was different and the point of it being a sequel aren't in yet, the Endless Space tech tree is replaced by the Endless Legend one, which doesn't fit. I feel like its Endless Legend but without a hex grid. Early Access is cancer.

Holla Forums can I be a healslut in space?

>entire crew consists of female mechanics devoted to repairing the hull of your beefy dreadnought with their mouths

ss13.

come on now

Do we really need to go over this again?
Why don't you take those little toys and go home. this place is for the big boys.

woah

HA-HA YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD

Another forum dad's meh immersion vote on the new discovery scanner stuff

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/298381-Re-enable-(A)DS-to-detailed-surface-in-system-map

looks like the more convenient and less grindy choice is winning for once.

Anyone outta the loop Fdev added detailed surface maps to the beta so you can see a landable planets surface up close in the system map. A bug also occurred in the system map where you could not see what a planet looked like from a system scan and you would have to fly to individual planets to find out what they are. Choice is keep the bug or remove it and make it possible to get detailed surface view of planets without going to the planet.

tripledoublechecked

checked

RINGWORLD IS UNSTABLE
sadly

why would it be unstable?

pilot the healship in fractured space with only female crew cards?

because of the basic mechanics of gravity?

go to school

Read the fucking books, nigger.

in terms of material efficiency, density, and pretty much every measure ringworlds are stupidly pointless. Just build a bunch of rotating orbital habitats. if you really want a ringworld, do several planet sized ones rotating on an angle, there is no need to encompass the sun.

Then just do a dyson swarm if you have the tech for a ringworld, goddamn.

The Pak don’t think in matters of practicality, they think in matters of scale. A system which can lase an entire fucking star is sufficient in maintaining the protection of a single body vs. millions.

checked for this should be a game where you have to save the ringworld from wobbling off the star. or don't and watch it crash into the sun from the surface

I do not think people actually fucking know what they want. I find it very hard to believe that a bunch of casual forumdads would actually want that if it was actually put in. Clearly however many of them do want it, which merely tells me what most already know. The playerbase is fucking retarded ignore them.

This is true in most games, players have no idea what the fuck they really want half the time and what they think they want isn't what they really want. I'm not saying good ideas can't come from players but most of it is shit and Frontier should learn the lesson harshly when they realize ship transfers are rarely used in 2.2. I expect them to hotfix the prices once they realize no one is going to pay millions to move a ship and wait 30 minutes for it.

you can stabilize it you cave monkey

Stellaris is moddable right?

I've been extremely pleased playing Sunless Sea: Zubmariner simply because the world is so interesting, but at the same time sad because I've always enjoyed space more than a nautical setting but I've never really found a space game that feels comfy and wondrous to explore other than the Outer Wilds alpha…

And then I saw pic related.

That's why they put engines on it, duh.

It ain't got shit to do with gravity. The solar wind doesn't push evenly, due to spots and flare activity, and would, without engines on the ring to counteract the push, eventually push the ring off balance.
And before you ask, the engines are powered by the ring, which collects solar power across its entire surface, and ramscoop engines which collect the solar wind and use it as propellant to keep balancing it.

Personally I think a ringworld would make plenty of sense as a setting for a MMORTS MMOTBS game.

I would like a game that's set entirely on a ringworld and a bunch of dumb inhabitants that don't understand how the thing they're living on got there start fighting each other.

pic slightly related?

halo

But no one lives on Halo and Halo is a weapon, not a habitat.

Since we're on the subject of Halo, I remember this piece of concept art for ODST that was around when it was called Halo 3: Recon. I wondered why the game wasn't about a lone ODST evacuating civilians on New Mombasa (or anywhere really) instead of the Firefly rejects pissing around and then doing something that leads to what everyone already knew about because the fucking ayys blew a hole in the ground and everyone could see the warpgate. It's not like Virgil or the Engineer holding Virgil knew any magic buttons that let people through the gate because Halo 3 showed anyone can go through it

What's with all the tree's, grass, oceans and all those things that otherwise qualify as a habitat then?
Probably something stupid

Halo a shit. Not little piece of crap like that, but a proper ringworld so big it has enough room for 1 to 1 scale maps of every inhabited planet in the long lost interstellar empire at the same time. Maybe its a wildlife reservation gone wild after the fall of the empire to some kind of internal strife? Maybe it was the capital of the empire?

Muh chicken nugger

I don't know how or why that's there, since the ring would obviously be ground zero for the "All life gets nuked" weapon. The only protection from such a weapon would require you to hole up in a shield world (a really small Dyson Sphere with an artificial sun) or fuck off to deep space outside of the galaxy (like the Ark)

Forumdads really need to be fucking quarantined or some shit. They try to ruin absolutely everything that's added. Must be some bizarre mental illness.
Fuck these people

burger tearcubes are in my drink

Also, a shitload of landable planets in our faction system Ju Shiva, so that should be fun. Hope we get inserted at some stage soon.

But what about Tranu?

Truth is I main NC because I prefer their guns and I can't get retards to crew vehicles and TR play retarded in my region. But fuck Vanu, fuck Vanu guns and fuck Vanu devs (that nigger would not stop whining about NC players wearing berets back in the day)

>He never planted C4/mines near the tranu warpgate and waited using a stealth sunderer in Esamir
When you blow up 2 dapp magriders and get a bounty you know that you won the game.

I really wish Aurora had a save button so I could close it without anxiety about my save game.

Didn't burgers have like a 65 ammo LMG?

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU LIKE THAT?

You don't need a gunner for a Prowler if you have Hossin, max render distance, maxed shells, maxed anchors and a supply tower.

otherwise

65 ammo? That might be that GODSAW from that Directive system (the one where you farm kills and get auraxium medals on all of your machine guns) or the magazine fed automatic rifles. It has a fast reload at least.

Look who I found

doing gods work, user

Seems about right.
He was probably cucked out of his Anaconda

Make the Crown Great Again.

ITS HAPPENING GET IN HERE

Made the pilgrimate to Sol the other day.

Really late response here so I hope you still see it - It's not about trading commodities. Biowaste is worth basically nothing, but there are missions available from the stations in Sothis and Ceos which ask you to transport Biowaste (and other commodities) back to the bubble, and they pay great. Pretty much any long-range delivery mission will pay very well, but the special thing about Sothis/Ceos is that the only options to deliver stuff are either 8.9LY (Sothis/Ceos) or >400LY (somewhere in the bubble).

This pleases me immensely.

Some purity.

Times like these I wish there was a game where you could capture players and torture them brutally.

This is how you get malfunctions.

I was wondering why the one at my shop was constantly fucking up.
It's either that or the fact that its chinese.

The grind will never become more bearable

Honestly all the game needs is autopilot to take you into warp and the ability to read ingame news articles and it would be pretty comfy to be a space trucker. As it is looking at something and pressing the button to warp gets old really quick which is a shame since that's like 90% of gameplay.

See if you make the jumping automatic that takes away the gritty realism of the game and Forum dads would implode despite the fact it would be an optional feature. Also if it was implemented you would still have to manually refuel so you can't use it for really long trips or exploration all the time. Despite this it would never get past the forums.

kek

(checked)
Here we go again
My imaginary thing is better than your imaginary thing!
Ringworld of that size is the same level of stupidity as any of the Star Wars ships/stations powered by autistic meme magic

Here are all the ships that were either given to me when Feadog Mhor Empire surrendered or ships that I sent my marines to capture.

Does anyone know where I can find some nice images like this at 1080

Absolutely disgusting

You're so completely wrong Stellaris does almost nothing right and has way way worse mechanics than pretty much every other space 4x out there.
There's no potential to the game and nothing that other games should try to copy.

I never knew I needed these in my life. More.

That's all I got, but I also have this other thing

here you go fam

Yes, and he's also greenpeace with his "TURN OFF EVERYTHING TO SAVE ENERGY" autism

cuckaroockarooooooo

why live

It'll be fucking astonishing if they can do it with a 60fps framerate.

what happened to that Mandate game? that had space-russians

Oh boy, here we go again.

Not Elite, but super acceptable.

I enjoy collecting fan made elite pictures/jokes like this and related.

Why live?

Extra Heresy.

That image is shit. Phalanx is described as a ship, not a station.

You may have gotten trips, but your tastes still suck

Alright let's try this again

archive.is/yIh5O

Space MMO, looks interesting what they are doing so far. Will be interested to see if they actually produce a product.

Unlike the imperiums 20 kilometer long warships that fly faster than light by the help of mindpowers, full of spess merehns who can survive getting a nuke in the face and even a single one can defeat thousands of enemies without effort.
Right, a ring made of unobtanium is FAR more unrealistic than that…
Look, just because you are too thick to read a book that doesn't have lots of big pictures on every page and is more than 100 pages long, don't mean that shit isn't neat. It just means you're an uncultured philistine. How about you do something about that?

All you need to understand why someone would make something that big, is understand Pak psychology and tech.
They didn't have FTL tech, couldn't communicate FTL, but they did have the tech to make Scrith, the stuff the ring is made of and they're insanely paranoid about other Pak. Further, Pak are not regular members of their species, they are sexless, ageless and extremely intelligent, aswell as paranoid, seeing themselves as defenders of the Pak breeders they came from. So when Pak on a generation ship traveling the stars wanted to make as much room for his breeders as he could, while protecting them from rival Pak, alien empires and other threats, all of which could be controlled by a single individual. That is what the ring is for. A single point that can be defended far better than the entire frontier of an intergalactic empire, while still having more room for his precious breeders than all the planets of an intergalactic empire.

elite dangerous or erectile dysfunction?

How do I get to the Ship Designer in Gal Civ 3?
I got the free DLC
But I don't have the option in the menu, and the only way I can actually get to designing my ships is to go to it in a game.

Is there at least a way to do a Battle Of The Gods style mode where I have all techs researched at the start so I can just fuck around?

Kek

I don't think there's a standalone ship designer section where you can use any part in the game to slap shit together.

Which is fucking strange because GalCiv2 had it.

something so horrible that the official Holla Forums, space general, mandate shill, committed sodoku

Should we even tell him? I mean, wouldn't that be more cruel than to let user just forget about the whole thing eventually, without ever knowing the truth?

why even live?

Be strong emperor, be strong for humanity.

I only recently(3w) started playing Elite so I'm still having lots of fun. Playing with a Hotas and an edTracker. I like that it's a bit sim like because I have play almost no "real" sims my entire life and so far it seems to have a nice balance between sim and arcade.
So I haven't gotten to the, supposedly, bad part(s). What am I in for?

the bad part is that you've already seen everything the game has to offer by this point

Star Control reboot gameplay.

Yeah, I'm kinda slowly starting to get a bit of a feeling that points to that.
I have a high tolerance to grinding but I'm not autistic about it. I just gotten into learning real combat this week and getting better at it. I really like flying my ships but I wish I could do more with them. First thing I liked in the game was landing my ship, I still love that each time. Second thing, was doing ground assault missions, I just with there were more things to do on these types of missions.

the engine is that good?

Fuck it I want to know. I know it was scrapped for the redesign

Wait, they're making Fallen London, in space?

fug forgot quote

Pak protectors are also think rigidly as fuck compared to based human protectors, so I wouldn't be surprised that they would be very, very fixated on having a planet like habitat to babysit the breeders

I like how Ian M Banks describe Ringworld.

Shame there are not good games with Ringworlds in them. The shit you could do on them would make for a nice game setting.

Over time, I've taken to doing random shit with my old sidewinder or an SRV to have fun. Plummeting into Black Holes, seeing how close I can get to the surface of a star before the sidewinder dies, flying or driving through tight canyons, etc. Next, I plan on seeing how close I can get to a capitol ship before I die. I'm hoping that I can outmaneuver the guns and land on the ship.

it says sunless skies not space, i think you will fly airships, right?

Orbitals are neat for sure, even if their minds may be a bit more invasive in the affairs of its citizens.
That settings tech level may be a bit too close to seeming like pure magic to allow much dramatic tension and those minds would be hard to write well for most writers.
He has a lot of neat ideas anyone making a story or game in the higher end of the tech levels would do well to borrow or adapt. I mean, what FPS wouldn't be greatly improved with knife-missiles?

I really liked the Culture novels, Excession was pretty good and Look to Windward is worth it especially for the ending.

Don't fuck with the Culture, they may be hippies who haven't sublimed because they like their playground but they have nanobots swarm that can eat you from the inside.

you can get pretty damn close

Fly to Sagittarius A*,
Watch a capital ship jump,
Make the trek to Hutton Orbital in Alpha Centauri
Discover a water world or earth like planet
Bring a UA to station
Own an Imperial Cutter
Actually get a "Tip Off"
Find a neutron star
Discover a black hole

Pretty much my bucket list. Gonna get to it eventually after doing some engineer grinding.

Do you guys get 10+ seconds wait when you drop out at a planetary outpost in ED? I swear their shitty tackled on multiplayer killed any hope of this game ever been good.

I usually get it but that's when my familly is watching netflix on 2 computers since my internet is shit but other than that, nope.

True, they have fun nanites, but when you realise the only way anyone in the culture comes with a mile of actual danger is if the mind gets keep them safe anyway, and lightyears away from actually getting shot at by enemies and such, there's not much you can do for portraying any kind of war in any kind of meaningful way for a computer game. You don't get spessmerehns, since ground combat on that scale doesn't happen. The local mind of any ship in orbit or on the orbital would just use its effectors to end the fight before it got dangerous.
And ship combat? Remember in Excession how the big fleet battle went? Ships wielding guns that can turn a planet into a glass ball a dozen times over pulling combat manuvers at superluminal speeds and turning some 200 ships to vapour in around 11 seconds. How do you put a human playable character into that kind of a fight?

I almost did that the other day for the rare goods CG. Ended up getting some slugs instead

I didn't even bother with that CG. I only did some bounty hunting.

Some people seem to get these fucking things all the time, and I haven't got a single one in hundreds of hours of play.
I've been waiting for literally weeks for 2.2 to drop so I can finally begin my first proper exploration trek out to KY Cygni. Not too far, but I wanna see it and it's a start. The fucking beta seems neverending
Probably so they can extract more shekels and also so the forumdads have time to suggest more """improvements""" to the new features
Gotta balls up and head for a combat zone for this one, son.

Damn, makes me wonder if there is a Space game that lets me go full Sieg Zeon?

Star Ruler or Distant Worlds. DS I like because you can start as a pre-warp civ stuck in your solar system for a while, it's pretty cool.

Well now I can scratch that off the list, just got one after getting allied with the mafia faction by doing smuggling missions in aditi.

I'm waiting on 2.2. as well before I head out to Sagittarius with those incoming money making nerfs. I'll see if I can find some combat zones, that fucking noise they make when they're about to jump and arrive is fucking neat.

Which factions do you support Holla Forums?

Also staying Independent is best, mainly because Power Play continues to be messed with.

I work for myself.

I've got two things left on my list of things to do in Elite at this point. Pirate successfully in a Beluga and find an actual cmdr mining that I can rob. As a space pirate, the mining player is the unicorn of victims. To the explorer types looking to hit up Sagittarius A, make sure you stop by the Great Annihilator on your way over, Beautiful thing to behold.

You called?

For the time being, I support the empire proudly. I'll never support that Federation scum though

I think that's what most people feel, but for the sake of it, which Faction do you like more?

Glorious Empire.

Is nu-battlefrontâ„¢ any good?
Heard the singleplayer has been extended, but is that personal shield-ability as OP as it looks like?

if you get it for free and EA is paying the internet and electricity to play it, then maybe.

How redundant. Will get boring after two of them.

What mods are you running with KSP 1.2?
I am getting into Extraplanetary Launchpad now, and am trying to set up a mun base with Kolonization/TAC life support. Is Kolonization the best for this?
Also, my "seed" ship (That brought parts and construction material to start the colony. Currently I am producing parts in order to produce more storage to hold more parts to make bigger things. After that I will work on making my life support situation more permanent, but I haven't used any colony modules yet.)

Li Yong-Rui if I had to pick a side, connections to both Empire and Fed, but smart enough to play both sides. Honestly if I didn't have to worry about powerplay ships on some of my engineering material gathering task's I'd hang out in his power. For now I just continue to live at the Li headquarters system.

Is there a reverse of this gif?

I don't understand the appeal of mods in KSP

I'm sorry to hear that. Do they have treatment for down syndrome yet?

y u no do it yourself?

As if T3h 3mp3r4h would ever care about some xenos witch. Especially one that has been hijacked by orks…

Well he wanted a liberal-progressive society to work and make sense and the only way for that to happen is with magic.

I think Banks was smart enough to realize on some level that a society like the Culture would collapse in short order if it wasn't essentially just an act put on by gods, or machine gods in this case, but not smart enough to realize that the first militaristic society with animosity towards the Culture and an equal tech level would have quietly stockpiled fleets and eventually obliterated them with a numbers advantage.

Guys get your asses to aditi.

If you do this right you should be able to make around 60 million in an hour, in my python with 220 cargo i can make around 14 million in one run which takes about 10-15 minutes each due to my dumbass not being to properly align myself to the station so i can just boost in. don't take the convert smuggling missions since those take you about 200ly away, but ti doesn't mean you wont be making money off them too.

Culture are asshole though, they preach a lot but always manipulate and intervene in the background. They fucked up a couple times though, especially with the Chelgrian.

go replay tie fighter & xvt

He wants to command Star Destroyers not Eyeballs

RTS game with starwars mod?

Space video games are dead, time for Star Wars Armada.

Star Wars Empire at War let's you command star destroyers and destroy rebel scum

I've played those. I'm thinking more like an action-adventure or RPG where you command some scrappy Tartan cruiser then gain command of a Gladiator or Venator before moving on to big Imperial-II class Star Destroyers before getting some variant of the Executor or Bellator at the end

I played on a trial. It was a fair amount of fun. The graphics and sound are top tier.

Seems legit so far, I don't need the credits but it'll give me something to do till 2.2. If you happen to see a Python with an interdictor and a packhound say hi.

Bad luck or shit game?

You know, that would be a million times better than what we got or Reach. And it would put that Firefly cast to actual use where most of them come from insurrectionist worlds or are related to people who had ties with insurrectionists and they ended up as ODSTs so they don't get raped by ONI or the SPARTANs. But alas, we get half fake-stealth and half cookie cutter Halo missions where a bunch of guys run around doing nothing important because the woman who hijacked their squad didn't tell anyone what the mission was then threw a fit when no one helped her.

Thats what the Idrian-Culture war was all about. To of the most advanced major players in that part of the galaxy dukeing it out. The war covered an entire arm of the galaxy and the destruction of 91 million ships. The culture where in fact loosing big early on, relying on their GSV's where the majority of their population lived simply running away in the face of invading ships, until the latter on when the Culture began to use their superior production capability to overwhelm the Idrians with numbers of ships.
Latter on, the culture had learned from the whole affair, hence ships like the Sleeper Service, secretly hauling around nearly 100.000 mothballed warships, in case of "interesting times"…
The culture may seem like happy go lucky pacifists, but they are nowhere near as harmless as they seem if provoked.

You're not suppose to take the convert smuggling missions, those are traps. Same with Civil War Illegal Transportation Missions.

Just take the ones that say help our economy by smuggling etc etc, and always check the destination and make sure it gives you a port and not, "Ill give you the info when you reach this system"

Also, just take the missions that take you too aditi unless you want to travel over 200 ly. You might have to refresh though since people found out about this and it caused a civil war in the system and most of the missions get filtered out by civil war missions

So bad luck it is.The game only gives me covert smuggling missions that will update once I jump to Aditi

You can always just log out back and forth between solo and open. Should refresh the mission board

Holy shit shit am I fucked.

Fuck fuck, I knew I should have put more research into engineers. Normally stayed away because fucking rng.

Ask support, they have been known to help with this.

Managed to escape by logging on regular elite

Yeah tried that, I'll try it tomorrow as well and see if I get proper missions

Engineer bases disable your engines
Holding Thrust Up for 5 seconds should solve your problem

Not at all. The Idiran-Culture war was a case of the Culture seeing a very bold and open society doing things the Culture didn't like, and declaring war on them.

I am suggesting a case wherein a civilization puts together an overwhelmingly larger amount of ships, and then stomps the Culture and any similar societies flat. Which is what you would expect would happen given the Culture and their equiv-tech peers are able to make matter from energy and have access to unlimited energy. You would expect some civ, somewhere to decide to go full TA/SupCom and make itself into an aggressive hegemonizing swarm, and before starting to build up such infrastructure and starting fleets that they simply could not be fought, and any attempted buildup by the Culture in response would be too far behind.

Banks didn't consider the ramifications of limitless easy energy + mass from energy + AI and the ability to go von neumann.

Isn't it what the Affront tried to do but were cock-blocked by one of the hidden fleet the Culture kept 'just in case'?

I don't really remember Excession. Use of Weapon paints a less glossy picture of the Culture too.

Someone tell me if this will work

Morte class Bombardment Cruiser 30,000 tons 882 Crew 7566 BP TCS 600 TH 576 EM 0
4000 km/s Armour 1-86 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 2 PPV 180
Maint Life 0.07 Years MSP 1315 AFR 3600% IFR 50% 1YR 17770 5YR 266554 Max Repair 1200 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months Spare Berths 2
Magazine 2880

Alpheus Heavy Industries 1200 EP Magneto-plasma Drive (2) Power 1200 Fuel Use 82.67% Signature 288 Exp 15%
Fuel Capacity 3,850,000 Litres Range 27.9 billion km (80 days at full power)

Mandulis & Kaesoron Weapon Systems Size 36 Missile Launcher (5) Missile Size 36 Rate of Fire 270
Macharius-Eisenstein Sensor Systems Missile Fire Control FC1176-R100 (40%) (5) Range 1,176.0m km Resolution 100
Deathstrike Size 36 Anti-ship Missile (96) Speed: 18,400 km/s End: 942.5m Range: 1040.6m km WH: 55 Size: 36 TH: 67/40/20

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

SIZE FUCKING 36 MISSILES? FUCKING STOP! JUST STOP!

I wanted to build a ship that would act as like space artillery. That's the only way I could get the range and power.

NO END IT NOW NO HOPE JUST STOP

Yeah, it looks pretty shitty so far. I'm not a fan of the Mario Galaxy planets either.

I wonder what it would take to let toys for bob get the franchise again. Seeing as they put in tons of unpaid overtime when developing SC2 to make the game as good as they wanted it, I like to imagine they'd still be competent when making a sequel.
Fuck accolade for their scummy shit with star control 3 and dooming TFB to make kiddie games for the rest of their existence.

Noob user from earlier threads here again.
So, 1.3 has hit stellaris and the leviathans are a thing now.
Started a new game couple of hours ago and this is where i am at now.

Taking bets on what killed the crew of this derelict ship!

And the correct answer was…

Brain parasites!

Also here are our immediate neighbors.

Next up, we find the V'ger.

Hmm.
HMMMMMMMM.

Well gosh, these decisions are hard to make, i might need to take a thinking break for this one.

So now the game is worth a pirate

You're full of shit, I am the biggest faggot on here telling people their game is shit but I still see plenty of good in Stellaris.

The events are one.
The crisis's are another.
The fallen empires are also good.
The bio-alien ships aliens are also really nice and very few space sims have them.
The tech choices you have are god-tier, very few games actually have neat technologies.

Well I'll be playing Civ until it happens.

Why don't you just play the Final Frontier mod for Civ Iv instead

And i just ran into a fallen empire.
Swell.

I think you found a long lost /bane/ probe.

Hopefully they are nice.

Aren't War in Heaven a possibility now? Two fallen empires dishing it out while you younger races get caught in the crossfire.

Just like the Shadows and the Vorlon.

Yup, i am yet to see one though.

Yes.
I think the biggest change for me with the update is that when you adopt a new species that species can colonize their native planet type without the tech.

Pissed me off I could uplift people but couldn't colonize them anywhere.

Also, i have found something phenomenal in space.
An irradiated giant rock!

Could I get a source? I've been trying to find out where this is from for a while now.

World Conquest Zvezda Plot

CODEX JUST RELEASED STELLARIS 1.3

Go grab it from igg you fags.

Nah, the affront weren't on the cultures level, they tried to take control of that "outside context problem" thing by force, not to fight the culture head on.

The Culture does fight aggressive hegemonizing swarms, though none of the books revolve around it. It gets mentioned occasionally. I think the main problem for making something like that is that most civs ascend long before they get anywhere near the cultures level. The cultures willingness to just sit around and indulge their hedonism instead if trying to become one with the universe or achieve godlike powers by becoming beings of pure energy or whatever, is the most unusual part of it. Practically everyone end up moving on to the next level in some way before they get the cultures tech.

Plenty of neat shit to play with in the universe though. Like finding out what ever the fuck is the deal with those shell worlds.

And why would I want that?

I just went and pirated Endless Space 2 Early Access to get rid of doubts and it's looking great, except for the combat which as of the moment sucks, this will probably be the next time warping sink for me, see you in 3 years

all of my wat

Is Aurora resource intensive game? I can't find its system requirements

Somewhere between notepad and paint.

Well, what do you enjoy then kot?

How does it feel being a huge faggot?

Arcade space sims, like Freespace. I quite liked Everspace, recently, but I think I'm done with it until they add more content.

Also basic bitch RTS like Homeworld. Gonna have to give Nexus another try sometime.

Well, have you tried rebel galaxy?
It's got god tier OST.

Yes when you get a few centuries into the game or have a bunch of NPR's running around. It will run on anything, but it slows everything down when it is computing.

Wrong.

I thought the Affront were level 8 like the Culture, they go their tech from the race that mentored them and then sublimed and left tge Galaxy to deal with these assholes.

Also aren't the Dra'azon in control of shell and dead worlds?

You've never played another space 4x if you think Stellaris does any of those well.
Not to mention they add a whole bunch of fuck ups that I'd never seen before.
I could go on but why bother. Modders will finish my post.

You actually can switch these off and even choose how many fallen empires there are.

Not all of them. Some of them yes. The shell worlds seems to be an almost complete unknown. Why they where built, why they where methodically destroyed by some civilisations, why they randomly kill off the populations of entire layers.

You are right about the affronters though, mea culpa.

Are there any more good games in the vein of EV:Nova or Drox Operative? Or Space Rangers, I guess, even though it's turn based.

It seems like a sub-genre with so much potential, yet I see so few. I guess rebel galaxy is like a 3rd person version, since you play on a 2d plane.

Shit's just so comfy. Exploran, Tradan, Fightan, Customizan, top-down perspective, working your way to the top. Ships with turrets, fighter bays, all sorts of ludicrous shit.

I found another race besides the Feadog Mhors.

Should I exterminatus, enslave, or ally?

Damn them all to fucking hell. I will rain nuclear hellfire onto their fucking land. They will all know the error of there xeno filth ways.

Death to the Xeno.

There's a free game on steam that is basically like EV Nova, can't remember the name though.

you are in luck faggot, nexus got updated to HD

Is it NAEV?

Help me Holla Forums.

I don't think so,
You start with a loan on a ship you have to pay back. I can't find it anymore, it really bothers me.

9556 sailors lost.

They had meson canons the completely bypassed my shields and armour. Damn them.

It's Endless Sky, pretty sure of it now.

This could possibly make powerplay worth it, nice to see they realize it's shit atm too.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/299200-Change-Proposal-for-PowerPlay?p=4659403#post4659403

Yes, I'd see a resource-based merit system very much like the ability to "call in favours" with your power, and improving rewards, not necessarily by making them super powerful, rather instead by adding variety or exclusivity (e.g. you can spend merits to summon authority/Powerplay defence ships in a controlled or exploited system, or maybe ignore a rebuy cost when respawning in a controlled or exploited system, or clear a bounty etc.), benefits that have uses beyond Powerplay itself.

Of course, before we look more closely at this, we need to improve the core Powerplay systems (in ways such as we've chatted about recently).

And yes, we could look at time pledged being some sort of modifier for beneifts. It's a little blunt, but it might do the trick.

Not matter how good the idea is, he will fuck it all up, you can be sure about this.

This new cg is pretty alright. Making 700k profit a run by turning in coffee.

how much cargo space do you have?

You mean "advanced empires"? Because that's not fallen empires.

There's now another Slider for the number of Fallen Empires in the game. If you don't see it you aren't on 1.3

Here's what it should look like

around 500 it seems

oh lol this is going to be one of those paradox games that's pretty good after 2 years of dlc isn't it.

I just ran into one of those new Enclaves.

Sounds like every Paradox game.

Rebel Galaxy has a god like soundtrack, I fly my Asp on this music

Got a conda with around 436 cargo. I also buy at Lippisch Ring in Phracani that sells the coffee at 901.

Daily reminder to always wait for an ok from your targeting computer before firing the mass drivers.

Also, new thread when?

make it.

I got this dudes two albums and he is pretty good. I have to check out the other bands the game took the soundtrack from.

I tried to do that a while back, after I finished the game. Some of it is pretty hard to find

Well if I'm remembering it right the Sidonia is 12x8km in diameter and the central living area in the comic, as they have magical gravity device now, is a round cylinder. Pre-magic gravity device they could have had the outer wall rotating.

Ah, thanks. This is pretty good, especially considering it's free.

NEW THREAD HERE

right here