Playing handhelds on TV

Hello
I like the style and gameplay of many handheld games (AAA sux) but I don't want to play them on small screens. I know all about emulation but newer stuff like DS, PSP and beyond are too much for my laptop to handle.

Please tell me which handhelds (from any era) can be connected to TVs by cable.

I plug my PSP to my CRT and i use a PS3 controller to play it.

Hello Reddit. Goodbye Reddit. Check my dubs.

PSP
Vita TV
Otherwise, go full freetard and get am Open Pandora or a Pyra.

The PSP and Vita TV are your only real options. I can't really recommend the PSP because of how quickly the nub joystick stops functioning. The Vita TV, meanwhile, uses a PS3 or PS4 controller, which means you don't have to worry about shitty joystick quality.
All of that is beside the point, though. You should be saving money for a computer made after 1960 seeing as how my cell phone can emulate PSP to an acceptable degree.

If OP has a Target nearby, PSTV is on clearance right now.

Doesn't look like it's available online. Is it really $20 for the basic box? That'd be nice to play Vita games with.

Some negroes stole my gaming rig while I was out. Next time I won't go for the case window with bright lights inside meme.
My new setup is an old netbook with a broken screen. I found an CRT monitor in some bushes to use as a display.

What is the difference between PS Vita and Vita TV?

PS Vita TV is a PS Vita without the screen, buttons, touchpad, and microphone (that why its so cheap).

You connect it to your TV (HDMI) and use a PS3/PS4 controller (bluetooth).

The regular PS Vita does not have a TV-out unless you do a difficult mod (requires soldering).

PS TV doesn't support the ONE game I would want to play on it. Bleh.

i know you're probably thinking you're cleaning this place up and keeping it "pure" but you are absolutely part of the problem

What? Desmume will fuck your shit up but anything else can be run on a toaster. PPSSPP can be run on a phone.

Why the fuck would you emulate a PSP when they are cheap as fuck? Drastic is a great DS emulator and it makes a lot of sense since the whole touchscreen deal but fucking PPSSPP is innacurate as fuck with several lesser known games up to the point of being completely unable to run them.

The small screen is part of the experience. Play it the right way or don't play it at all. Sage

Finally someone gets it

>cheap < free
just kill yourself now

Why would anyone ever want that?

You forgot your name in your first post shitskin

original hardware > emulator

Poorfags like you are hilarious