Team Sundown-Three deserviced. Helix-Timco active and intercept, Leader 12 out.

What did he mean by this? I'm serious, no memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's military jargon meant to make it seem as if they are intelligent, which doesn't really matter, as they are controlled by a single computer network within the citadel.

They even still spew voicelines as they are zombified by headcrabs.

Team Sundown-Three are all dead, send in Helix-Timco (another squad, helicopter)?

Sundown 3 is a call sign for a squad. Deserviced means KIA.

Helix and Timco are also call signs.

Sundown 3 was wiped out, squads Helix and Timco are being sent to reinforce.

What the hell are these assholes anyway?

I was thinking it meant they were killed for underperforming. I already gathered a long time ago that they were being displaced offworld for failing missions.

Transhumans. People enhanced with synth technology. Basically what most of humanity will be like when Combine is fully done with integrating the species into the union.

The only time I've ever seen these guys was in the Minerva mod. nevertheless, I'm going to assume that they are what the file name says they are.

IIRC you can see them on a monitor in a mission where you assault someplace with Alyx. I don't exactly remember the details, and I think you don't see the whole model anyway. When going through cameras you see their face I think

Are they actually "enhanced"? Do they still have their own will? I just played HL2 long time ago and I don't really remember it

Was there actually any evidence in-game that the Combine executes its own forces? That seems kinda wasteful.

Only Civil Protection would have any reason for being disloyal.

They're supposed to be the embodiment of the cold-war era "space commie", like the cybermen, or the borg. What do you think?

Well, they are enhanced for combat purposes specifically, we don't see non-military transhumans in the game, outside of stalkers, who, from what I gather, exist more as a terror tactic and utilization of otherwise worthless human resources, more than anything else.

Combine soldiers have some degree of emotion, and individuality (I remember them swearing when they are being attacked), but they have been extensively brainwashed - Their memories erased, and I'm pretty sure they have no will to rebel.

I recall Breen threatening them with "Permanent off-world reassignment" for failure. I'm pretty sure that's the worst Combine does to its own units.

I'm happy this thread this thread actually ended up being on topic.

Also fun fact: In the Half Life Universe, assault rifles never came to be. That's why humanity lost the Seven Hour War.

I think humanity lost that war due to it being against the fucking Combine. I doubt ARs would've done much to fend off a technologically superior force unexpectedly jumping in on your ass.

pretty fucking much.
You can have all the assault rifles you want, it's not gonna do much against a giant three legged organic tank with a cannon that can annihilate anything it hits.

Not every game has to have jamjams and slavshits, you tasteless pleb.

Civil Police - Still normal people who signed up so they can get more/better food
Soldiers - Soldiers from the seven hour war who have been altered. More elite ones are less human but you do hear occasional references to them being rewarded with "reproductive simulations". The fact that snipers utter "shit" when a grenade is lobbed into their holes makes it seem like there is still a bit of a person in there.

I thought most of the Combine Overwatch troops would've been modern creations, either being promoted from Civil Protection or just forcibly conscripted.

Something tells me most of the defending soldiers from the 7 hour war would've ended up, you know, dead.

The seven hour war was more one of intimidation, than actual fighting.

The ecosystemic damage and refugee crisis instilled worldwide from just a few years back left the world in quite a confused and chaotic state. All that happened was the Combine teleporting the Citadels above several major defensive points, and the (((UN))) surrendering the earth, thanks to a mister Wallace Breen, after some negotiations.

It'd be quicker though if you already had a force of trained soldiers that you just had to brainwash

What are you on about, did you play OpForce or Blue Shift?

The Civil Protection, Overwatch Patrols, and the entirety of the transhuman forces only came about after the Seven Hour War ended.

Neither of these games were made by Valve and IIRC neither of these games were openly accepted as canon by them. So we still don't know does Adrian Shephard even exists in real HL universe or not

Both are non-core-canon

Well, humanity wisely surrendered the war, so a whole bunch of soldiers could have been still around.
Maybe the vets got integrated into the Combine forces later on, but I don't recall it ever being brought up in the game. I'll research.

Blue Shift is canon, heavily implied (though not confirmed) to be Barney Calhoun's story.

Opposing Force is not. Pretty sure Marc Laidlaw outright said none of that shit happened except the nuking of Black Mesa, probably due to understandable butthurt over Race X.

Except the CPs were made before the Overwatch, and they were only formed after the war. The invading forces of the Seven Hour War were an entirely foreign force.

You see the Stalkers through cameras, which are the work slaves for the Combine forces on Earth. You see a stripped down Combine soldier, the one from the picture, up close in a surgery table (or chair I don't remember), in Nova Prospekt, probably not fully converted yet.

They weren't made by Valve, but they were licensed, which makes them cannon.

That's what I meant. If humanity already has a collection of trained soldiers why not take them in after winning?

Explain the Combine never using actual assault rifles then

Well maybe because you never, ever see an assault rifle, not even in the legible newsclippings in the rebel base.

They use the OSIPR, commonly known as pulse rifle or AR2.

It's very much implied that anyone who tried to fight is either dead and stupid, or part of the resistance, waiting for the moment to strike.

The training that Overwatch soldiers receive is very much an artificial one. You can see halls of them being trained on the walls of the citadel.

Only the colt commandos are using the ARs though. What did Germany do when they invented the STG-44? They only gave it to their highest trained soldiers.

So the biggest concession to your argument is that ARs were only just then being rolled out for the first time, and were not standard.

Stop being autistic and derailing this thread.

They can try, but chances are anyone not bowing at their feet are just going to be one of the many denim-coated denizens waiting for the day.

The resistance didn't get their military training from nothing, you know.

Dude, what?

>>>/k/

Okay, to continue this discussion, we need this: what is your definition of an assault rifle?
Do you mean, high mobility, high fire rate? Where is the "assault rifle" threshold?
AR2s don't even use normal ammo like human weaponry, I don't see the point in even bringing them up.

Also, during the 7 hour war humanity could use teleportation and tau cannons. I don't think ARs would make much difference.

What the fuck?

'An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.'

There, now your post is useless.

I don't think the technology being developed by Black Mesa would've been ready to deploy on any meaningful scale during the Seven Hour War.

Not to mention all of the equipment was nuked by the government shortly after the BM incident, with only the ideas escaping in heads of people like Klein and Vance.

You can have all the shitty war of the worlds tripod knockoffs you want, it's not gonna do shit against one pissed off man with a crowbar.

They stole everything from Aperture, anyway.

The grimdark universe of Half-Life 2 is canonically linked to the lolrandom universe of Portal 2

And TF2

But I heard it explained to me well. HL2 is whats going on "right now" so its grim and accurate and all the details are known. Portal happened "recently" and being a secret lab, was mostly undocumented, which means you can only guess at the details, making it less grim. Same for TF2 - it happened "long ago" so you pretty much have to wildly guess at the details

That's a total horseshit excuse to mash together thematically unrelated titles into horrid mess.

The only reason these games are linked is because they were made by a developer with masturbatory insularism.

I think it was said TF2's taking some places between 1950s-1970s. I can be completely wrong, I don't remember where I read this. Unrelated but I think TF2 and TF were connected for sure. TF2's Engineer was the grandson of TF Engineer, or something similiar

I also remember reading something like L4D also exists in HL universe, but it's a movie there, or something like that

I remember Portal having some details that were very disturbing, but can't find any right now. Anyone else know?

Yeah, start producing some sources you fucking wanker.

Fags, the only games linked are the HL and Portal games.

The 1950's is inherently thematically unrelated to 2016

The Classic team has been confirmed canon in the """"recent"""" comic plotline.
But I don't recall any relation between the Engineers, and I'm certain that HL universe and TF universe have nothing to do with each other.

I don't know if it's canon but one mission of the first Payday takes place in mercy hospital, Bill even makes an appearance.

teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/

look on the bottom of the page.

Fair point, he is similar enough, but still no confirmation if he's his dad/grandpa/uncle/whatever.

they share the same fucking last name

There's also a Witch in that mission.

>L4D is itself a series of films in the Ricochet universe

what about when you take the audio of the headcrab zombies and reverse it?

Your icing?!

it says "here is your icing back"

Come on user.

'very wrong thread, user.

I know you can recognize most faces here, but this isnt /cuteboys/

alright sorry guys I posted in the wrong thread, thats my bad, but im not gay though

of course you aren't, user.

this is alright as far as references go, but doesn't Payday 2 happen after Payday 1, thus implying Payday 1 occurs in a parallel universe where the first infected never infected anyone else?
does this mean Bill Never met Zoey and he never overcame his depression and died alone?

Former cigarette users

In Portal Glados killed everyone in the lab with nerve gas.