The Little Things in Vidya

Those little details or moments in video games that make you feel great.

functional mirrors

Character doing idle motions.

Why is this allowed?

I love it

Found the try-hard cuckchanner.

You sure did buddy

aw yiss

Fuck this pleases me so much.

YES

Goddamn I love Risk of Rain

I saw some idiots who didn't understand what that question was for when starting a new game

RE4?

lollipop chainsaw also fits

>You can piss off royalty/guards causing seeming endless numbers of guards to fight you, making you think you have to lose. There actually is a limited amount of them, exactly 100.
>Killing all them gives you a special ending.

what game? sounds pretty neato.

rip western video game industry

Based REmake.

Too many examples so I'll go for a simple one.

First is Shinobido 1 and 2 and the second is Gladiator: Road to Freedom. Well, Gladiator RtF kinda does what I said about shinobido, but only on an enhanced edition that was only released in Japan, pic related.

Bonus points if it's a game pre 2000.

Oh, also

Your dick

They cant do that anymore with a straight face sadly.

Sure they can, they'll just thank you for paying for the game instead.

I miss when one would see that message and feel good about beating the game

What about combined outfit+extra form? Really liked how Ashley embraces the role of the legendary Sword Mage to find Lord Blazer at the end of Wild Arms 2, along with Ludger making a pact on his own life to achieve a full powered Chromatus to defeat his boss in Tales of Xillia 2. Unfortunately the former is only used in that fight, but the latter can be used during the post game content as well (though in my experiences in burns through your gauge horrifically fast compared to the lower rank forms).

There's also the way that Emperor Peony IX of Malkuth in Tales of the Abyss presents the entire party with bonus outfits (six of them, one for each character) if you go back to town just before fighting the final boss of the game, and on NG+, there's a similar deal where one of Peony's maids will give the party a set of sentai outfits.

Some of the Wild Arms games allow for custom naming party members, as well as renaming NPCs through the Name Tag item. WA1, WA2, and WA ACF also allow for custom naming of your crest magic upon binding the spells.

Game?

Love it.

Eschalon had something like the latter. Good times.

metro last light also did this.

Everything in Mafia 2, the little details in that game was fucking great compared to Bix Nood 3

Wild Arms 3. For the most part the phases aren't tedious (and it helps that you can take as long as you want to set up in the very first phase; Extension + Permanence is really useful given how there's no breaking of combat between forms that would otherwise force rebuffing), mostly just combat puzzle elements that test knowledge of things. Admittedly though, if you haven't had reason to use Replay up to that point, you might be a bit fucked trying to figure out how a particular phase is meant to work without outside help.

The final final boss theme, End of the Beginning, is actually a remix of the overworld theme, driving home what's at stake.

Didn't Golden Sun: The Lost Age do that?

mafia 3 is good has a fucking nigger killing kkk isnt dat tolerant fuck its so realistic racisss were so bad look vito cuckleta is back oh shit so good paying for this right now fug

what

One of the only good goddamn things about Boringlands Too was Gaige's callouts and skills pointing at UT. You have a skill that is basically the shock combo, and she yells out MUHMUHMUHMONSTER KILLkillkillkill (unfortunately, after random kills, not rapid chain kills).

Optional boss battle has music from a whole other series in it.

I really miss that kind of love of the art, with such attention to detail.

For me it's when you can operate tacticoolly, bonus points if it has an OST like vid related or Rainbow Six Vegas.

Most Tom Clancy games the good ones, I mean tickle my OPERATOR bone. There's nothing like the knife in Chaos Theory.

What's wrong with these threads?

I think they help you to appreciate gaem