Why do people include VISIBLE points of articulation in figures for games? Just make them like statues...

Why do people include VISIBLE points of articulation in figures for games? Just make them like statues. Nobody is going to actually play with them.

Posing them?

That should be the artist's job. Plus the poses you make with articulated areas suck compared to a pre-posed figure.

Now suck my dick.

OP is pretty cool :DDDD

Go Figuarts and Figma or go home

No
There is value in making the user pose them as they see fit, since it's more interactive and the very user can position them in a manner that fits his taste. You'd have to make plenty of statues to get the same result, and that wouldn't be profitable. Of course, more often than not you'll be able to find both a statue and a figma of a character, in order to please both sides.
Now you suck my dick

Nope the poses look retarded when user-driven. Look at for an example. Why get a figure to display if they all look like amputees who got cyber augs?
Now suuuuuuck this dick.

Because they don't know how to hide or disguise them.
Pic related has an articulation point that's hidden underneath her breasts.

But the knees. Yikes

Unless CosMos or whatever has knees like that. I dont remember. I rented xenosaga and gave up in 10 minutes.

No
People gladly trade some of the visual appeal for more customization in the poses. If I wanted Snake to be hanging from a ledge, or anything of the sort, figma is the only answer. A statue is prettier than a figma, yet they are as they are sold and can't be changed. So it all comes down to what you consider better, customization or appearance.
Choke on it

You obviously never had a figuarts.

Huh, well shit. They changed the knee joints look like knee pads when yet the in game model doesn't have that.

Woops, forgot pics.

Yeah. Fags.

You shouldn't want to pose them, homo. I want the artist designing the pose from the ground up. The figure and the pose are one, unless you want GI Joe's.
Now SUUUUUUUUUCK this DICK.

No
But what if you don't like the pose and want it to be different? What if you have other figures and wanted to make them pose coordinated as a group? As I said it wouldn't be profitable to make different statues of the same character, hence why figmas are the solution.
I'll fuck you in the ass

stop telling people what to do

A man of taste.

Saucer

Oh wow.
You guys don't even know.
You have no idea.

I know people that are REALLY into figurines that would literally rip your chest open and take a shit directly on your beating heart for saying this.
This is the equivalent of someone coming into Holla Forums and praising COD while shitting on PS:T and Deus Ex at the same time.
I almost want to see OP actually say this shit in a forum full of figurine enthusiasts and watch the ensuing goddamn shitstorm of pure rage.

Eh, I can see that happening. Not even semi-rage worthy.

Because these are for man children who like to play with their dollies.

they are memes you retard, no one really likes them.

Considering how fucking expensive these things are I better be able to position them in 40 different expert level yoga poses.

Why is knuckles committing suicide

The only acceptable poseable figures are nendos and Rozen Maiden figures.

Thats Amy

Schumer? Finally.

Figurines with articulation usually look like ass. So I prefer the static statues that look gorgeous, but that's probably because I don't actually play with them so that might factor into it.

That's Dr.Mario

.>>10972263
It's obviously Donkey Kong you fucking memespouters

HAHA WHAT AN FAG

Id play with them if i had them like the fucking autist i am.

I know many people who do

Playing with them is half the point
these were taken by my friend who does a lot of collecting

I posted the S2 version but I have the S1.

S2 generally a shit compared to S1 anyway

Removal is simple. Permanence my job.

This, sometimes you just want to have different poses in your statues.

They're made for children, why wouldn't they play with them?

Pleb.

The statuefags here are the same sort of people who argue that graphics trump gameplay.

No shit, I like a good looking toy too. Some toys have better designed joints thsn others and yes, I'm fine with statues the same way I'm fine with visual novels with video games: They're a separate, only semi-related thing to posable toys.

Anyone arguing AGAINST the interactive and optional side of - say it with me now - playing with toys, on Holla Forums, has reached levels of autism and a lack of self awareness I simply can't fathom.

Can't wait until I have a spot to unpack my Three Zero Guts.