ITT we post videogames that actually have a chance of being good

ITT we post videogames that actually have a chance of being good.
Pics related for me because they all have a demo out and so far they are all good.

My picks

UT4 is absolutely dead on arrival like all the other "arena FPS revivals", no userbase.
Yeah i know you're gonna make a million excuses but the reality is, shit's dead, prepare yourself mentally already.

DOSII is questionable, a lot of people here have a problem with the first game and specifically how they handled Enhanced Edition, making everyone worry about the direction 2 is going to take considering what they did there, especially in terms of balance and (lack of) bug fixes.

Yooka-Laylee is already being hated by some of Holla Forums becauseā€¦i don't know, it's a video game? Honestly i haven't been keeping up with Holla Forums hates that specific title, it can be a number of reasons at this point.

This one, i've heard nothing but good things so far.

Except Quake live and Quake champions are popular/are going to be really popular.
The only reason the other revivals didn't do good is because they had no advertising and were made by a no name studio.
I don't remember having any issues with the enhanced edition.

Got a good feeling about embed related, Spire and Hand of Fate 2

Also La Mulana 2 might be really good or just more of the same, I don't know which.

I have hopes for this one. The last two parts were glorious and only let down by the shitty netcode.

Just keep in mind that we havent actualy seen alot of this one. All we've seen was good, but it was almost no gameplay.

Quake live is basically dead and has been warped to the point where it's barely recognizable, i'd like to live in your magical fantasy world where this isn't the case.
No, stop with the excuses.
There's no fucking userbase left.
All the old timers moved on to other genres/stopped playing video games.
All the new players are too casual for it.
Give up already, how many projects do you need to see fail at birth before you finally get the message?
Ask around, make a DOI thread, you'll see entire charts of shit they fucked up in the process.

UT4 has probably one hurdle to get over, and that's Epic's mismanagement and refusal to let Paragon go. It's a mediocre game(solely because of how it's designed) that's not going to catch on because Overwatch clones are now the new fad.

Holla Forums hates it because the models of the people in it look like nu-males.
(i'm not kidding, that's the actual reason why it can't be discussed here).

Apparently they put quite a bit of money into it so they really don't want it to die.
All they need is a fraction of that for UT and they wont even give it that.

I don't even get what they're doing with paragon. They have an interesting concept but instead they decide to butcher and casualize it to appeal to the PS4/PC crossplay audience.

Just like all the other companies, at the time market researches were like "the market is ripe for a TPS/FPSMOBA type game".
Like 5 different companies got the same advice from market researches.
So they all made their own little game, only Blizzard peat them all to the punch, and now they're fucked.

It's like gambling, you've already put down your money so you keep digging and digging hoping you can a tleast get back some taxi cash to go back home.

But like MNC was really good, why isn't anything trying to capture that again? Paragon looked like it was going to do that but it's so slow and almost insultingly easy to play you can't help but wonder if that's what was originally intended before suits got involved.

See you guys in a year from now bitching in a "Buyer's remorse" thread about these games along side Spore and Mighty No. 9

Good job pointlessly hyping yourself up for no discernible reason

Butterlord
Open Horizon
OpenMW
OpenXRay
Hello Neighbor
Maia

Didn't they switch engines recently? The alpha demo for 2 looked good but after the switch it looked like dogshit and they got even more delays because of it.

I have no idea, I've not been keeping up with news on it to avoid hype

What the fuck are you talking about?

You sure it's not because of Denuvo?

Look.

No idea, every single thread i've ever seen about the game on Holla Forums has been nothing but screens of the models, zero discussion about the gameplay or anything else about the game.

this aesthetic is producing some incredibly undesirable results. The character designs may be hideous but I think there's a serious art direction issue here.

I'm very excited for Yakuza 0 and 6, Gravity Rush 2, the last guardian, ni-oh, and nier automata. Also lots of the games shown off at comiket this year were very appealing, but Edelweiss' newest release looks most exciting.

Yeah no, stop bullshitting or creating a narrative.

Looks nice. Not-Tieren looks cool.

Alright, I'm on board. I really liked FBF.

I really hope the dealer is more angry and spiteful in HoF2

Seems promising.

Lets talk about games we not only expect to fail spectacularly but will revel in their failure

No-one is hating on Yooka Laylee, it's easily the best thing to come out of Kikestarter, 1 year in and we've already seen 3 different worlds and a game that's mechanically complete, and on a team smaller than most major Kickstarter games. I legitimately regret not backing that game because now I want a physical copy.

Also I recall Playtonic brought Unity Source code tier so we could see some fancy Rare tier visual effects or some crazy optimization, I'm pretty sure the games software engineer is the guy who optimized the shit out of Conker's Bad Fur day, watch Chris Seavors commentary of the game for some of his optimizations.

Brutal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm built exactly like Jason.

Fixed and yeah the game looks great. Despite Unity.

Divinity OS2 is about the only one on my list.

I didn't play the Early Access version since I don't want to blue ball myself too hard, but the gameplay vids I saw made it looks like a far more refined OS, which I loved.

I am not getting into OS2 until far after release because all the "WHY ARENT WOMEN PLAYING OUR GAME" bullshit the company touted.

Just pirate if you don't want to support them.

Some company's pet SJW is no reason to fuck yourself out of a good game.

Unity is as good as the people using it, of course a purpose built engine or an engine which you have the source code for would be better, I'd rather see Playtonic get the ball rolling earlier.

Have the devs released recommended specs for Deathwing yet? It is time for me to upgrade, and I wanna know how much dosh I'm gonna need.

Bannerlord soon, if the post below is to be believed.

As someone who beat the fuck out of the Alpha and the Beta. This looks VERY promising.

Hell. Fucking. Yeah.

Pray tell them what the other was.
Fortune Summoners? Because I haven't beat that one but it's also a very good one.

Fairy Bloom Freesa?

Dude, nice.

I was getting bored of that Punisher game anyway.

You DO play as Jason, right?
Or at least there's a game-mode for that?

Loving that cheesy music.

What do you mean with this? I haven't played Until Dawn yet, but it looked quite good and the murdereres seemed to be nice characters.

I don't want it to be good.

It being good would force me to rethink my stance on 2D mecha games.

I cannot afford it being good.

Please let it be good.

When you think about it no one actually wants a game to be bad. Because then all you get out of it is a shit game and some very momentary "satisfaction"

It's DOA mate, they have abandoned it for some terrible pile of shit called Paragon.

UT4 has at most 20 players on at any given time, UT4 NEVER EVER.

It might benefit from being put on Steam and GOG to try and rack up more players, but I don't see it going any where people like consuming shit.

I guess Yooka-Laylee might be fine. I don't it has shown the kickstarter symptons of a bad game yet: delay of release, cutting down of promises in the original pitch or signing up with a publisher.

let it happen, user

Speaking of assault suit, how's the Leynos remake? It looks pretty neato.

its "meh"

This is really the only game I'm looking forward to anymore, mainly because it's supposed to be hard as balls, and even then I know it runs the risk of actually being a piece of shit outside of visuals.

Quake live was -never- popular and its even worse now that its gone B2P. Champions is going to flop hard unless they grab the casual audience which is more or less impossible short of turning the franchise into a moba which will completely fuck the game over in the long run.

You have maybe 1k regular FPS arena players at max. Spread across quite a few games. I love the game but the only thing that would have kept it alive was a good more or less completed f2p clone like Warsow getting on steam. But that never happened, instead we got browser quake.

Doesn't help all the original IPs like Toxikk play like ass.

I'd be shocked if Champions actually did well, id haven't made a good decision in a long time. In the last 12 years they made Doom 3 which was okay at best, Quake Live which is shit, Rage which was a glorified tech demo, re released Doom 3 again and then NuDoom. Watch the focus for Champions MP be on console with PC as an after thought.

If you trust these fucks to shit out a decent game at this point I have a bridge to sell you.

That's basically why I'm expecting it to be a piece of shit - it's pulling another Mighty No. 9. At least it didn't run a Kikestarter, as far as I can tell.

It's been in and out of E3s since 2013 I believe.

I'm fairly sure you do. You then have to chase down and kill other players online. If they add the single player, then I would imagine there will be multiple game modes.

From the guys that made Darksiders and a bunch of Iced Earth album covers

What little hopes I had were completely dashed after the announcement of the Warband console port.

You fags need to play Gigantic Army. It's really good once you seriously get into it

By making the game better?

I thought Vigil was making Darksiders 3 under the name Gunfire Games/

G-Guts?

he's more Logan combined with Guts

nah, the higher tallent is with Airship Syndicate. Although the combat leadmoved to Riot after the closing of 5th cell. a damn shame.

Riot? As in League of Legends Riot?
Also
I can see that, the trailer screams JoeMad and after those VR blunders I'm not really hoping much for Darksiders 3, even though I would really enjoy a good TPS.

OpenMW is not a game, and it is already very playable.

sage for hype thread

5th cell didn't close. It's worse than that. But it's kind of what you get when you put memeshit in your game. On one hand I want to say they deserved it, on the other I'm incredibly sad that they're so small now.

Also Maia is made by a sjw cuck who cannot optimize code to save his life

Yooka is not being hated but there are criticisms like how they are handling learning moves (You pick when you want to learn them instead of finding a character to learn them from and a puzzle near by to use it) and the worlds look somewhat overbloated with collectables. Also the writing is really shaky because it's trying to be too many jokes about old Rare games instead of being charming on its own (As much as they have the people who worked at Rare. The lead gameplay designer and the writer of all the banjo games are working on Sea Of Thieves. It somewhat shows)

The other point you already covered was that they were working with Unity and bought source code tier. They showed the PS4 version at Eurogamer Expo and it looked really rough. At the same time, Playtonic is not developing the PS4/Xbone versions. Team 17 are doing porting from the PC version. Playtonic are doing the PC (Steam and UWP) and Wii U versions internally (As they were the most popular ones with backers) so performance might be variable

I think they will delay it and there will possibly be something that causes a fuck ton of asshurt with the backers like the Wii U version being not very good or the Xbone/W10 cross buy version gets a Rare character cameo and every other version is stuck with just Shovel Knight. And it will probably get 6's and 7's from the media for not being hand holdy enough or being a "Fetch Quest" with the few odd 8s and 9s from people who can appreciate the style.

There's no hate. But the last footage we have seen, there is certainly room for concern on how its going.

The alpha for nioh was very promising. I havent played the beta though.

I like this. If you cant do the famous sleeping bag kill though I'm not sold.

This one's a bit subjective as not everyone likes extreme sports games, but I had a blast with the closed alpha test. The mountains are fucking yuge, snowboarding feels great, wingsuits are neat, and there are some awesome trick challenges on ridiculously steep hills where if you crash you're likely to get knocked out.

It has an average of 500 players on at a time if I remember correctly.
You are the one making the excuses.
Quake live was and still is really popular despite looking like trash.

The game has its share of issues, but yeah I really enjoyed the alpha as well. Skis a best, Paragliding absolutely worst.

It has 800 player playing right now through steam alone so if we count non steam players that is probably 1600.
Stop forcing the dead genre meme.

Pic related.

But, user, there are no pictures in your post!

I'm not surprised, imagine having to look at these models the whole time you are playing.

Looks and sounds good so far. Don't fuck this up somehow, BN

They will. I know it. You know it. They'll find a way to fuck up a game that's about beating the shit out of people with your dragonball OC again.

2deep4me

I mean, besides the inevitable shitty servers, I'm still listening for how they've fucked it up. I expect maybe Denuvo or some shit mechanic that drags the whole thing down so you get that DLC. But at least its fixing some problems the first one had supposedly, even if it'll only be replaced with new ones.

Last I checked XV2 wasn't on the list of denuvo games, so I think it's safe from that cancer.

Still gonna be cautious, but that sounds good so far. Because that shit would kill all interest immediately.

How's the persistence on those footprints/trails you leave behind? I feel like since it's Ubisoft that the trails are only persistent if you're within 50 yards of them

Might be too early to say anything on Project 2017, but I trust Stealth/Tax and Pagoda Games to deliver.

Shit nigger that's pretty brutal.

i hate competitive multiplayer with all my heart.

La Mulana 2
end of list

This
Every second I had available to play that game, I did

SHUT UP ANONS, EVERY NEW GAME IS EITHER GONE HOME, MINECRAFT , OR AMIX OF BOTH!!

Hell yes

No, if a game is bad:
1. You have an excuse not to play it.
2. Delicious schadenfreude, from both fanboys and developers.
If a game is good all it does is waste your time.

C L A N G

I REALLY hope Yooka-laylee is good. I might just give up on vidya altogether if it's not.

NieR Automata, UT4, Deathwing, Butterlord, and Spire

cum on dude

denumale

OpenMW isn't a game but you could say the yet to be started standalone game to be made with it once OpenCS is finished.

Looks like its going to be fun at the least.

There goes my expectations of that game being good.

Played both the alpha and beta and I am greatly looking forward to this game.

Kamiya is basically God, and everything he touches turns into pure platinum that I'll play and have fun for 80 hours easily. I've already got a cousin on board for co-op, and even though the combat didn't look that great at E3, and that i got burned pretty bad with TMNT, I'd kill just to learn the release date.

Zelda: BotW looks nice too

Also if we're talking early access stuff that might be promising there's Distance,, Sky Rogue, Project Nimbus and maybe(big maybe) Brave Earth.
And Shenzhen I/O

Distance is out and not that bad, it's just stuck in patch/expansion hell like Minecraft. Which means they'll listen to their community as they release content which means shit content. It doesn't help that they're massive fucking redditors as well.

I wish Kamiya was working on REmake 2 since he was the director of RE2. I'm still cautiously optimistic about the remake though.

He should have worked on Starfox, he would have made it good.

It still has the early access tag so I'm still not going to buy it or assume it's finished. If it happens to stay that way well god fucking damnit.

Unrelated but how the hell is Overgrowth still in alpha? By this point I would have imagined Wolffire would have made it to like mid-late beta and have had more content but it seems every alpha is just an excuse to add pointless graphical advancements rather than working on the actual game

Whatever Atlus is going to do next.

I want to like Yooka Laylee cos I'm dying for a fun new 3D platformer but it looks like it's going to have all the worst parts of Banjo and none of the good parts of SM64. new Jet Force Gemini never ever

So far only Breath of the Wild looks like it has a chance of being decent, and even then I'm cautious because it's fucking Nintendo and the only time they do something decent is when they let an outside studio provide major help (or do the whole thing themselves).

Monolith Soft was already confirmed co-developing BotW

lmao

user, you just gave my day a beautiful ray of sunshine. Monolith are capable of open-world so I've got a little bit of hope Nintendo's first attempt at open world since Zelda on NES won't fall flat on its face.

I missed you 8/v/, heres my entry

I don't mean to be a downer but stay wary.
Remember Other M had a competent dev team doing the heavy lifting, but Sakamoto's direction lead it into the ground.
There's still hope, but that hope lies in Aonuma and nu-Miyamoto humbling themselves enough to learn from Monolith.

Aonuma has been pretty consistent with wanting this game to break free of the Zelda conventions. Which is a criticism he by no means needs to acknoweldge given Skyward Sword sold well and received critical acclaim and Miyamoto stated his role is much smaller than usual and is confirmed to just be handling character animations. Not saying expect the GOAT but there's really been more good news than bad when it comes to BotW.

cant fucking wait tbqh

You have to go back

make me

The E3 gameplay trailer has me a little worried but Kamiya hasn't let me down yet.

YOU MEAN KANE HODDER?

I'm sure it's either reduced for the event or something.

thanks mang, is good to see not everything is shit these days

Vid looks like a walking simulator tbh.

That's because it's a remake of the original teaser PV, not an actual gameplay trailer. The series is not even remotely close to a walking sim

Not yet, hopefully they do soon since it comes out next month. The minimum requirements at least tell me I'll have a chance at running it on my computer.

So checked out the gameplay video and the style reminds me of Torchlight. Also teh gameplay seems like old SNES FF series.

Also Red's tits got a massive nerf, wtf?

XENO LEG BREAKING SIMULATOR 2016 SOON BROTHERS

Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath

mindless hype just because I like the genre

If it's anything like the comic, it will have no ending, and leave you wanting for closure for eternity

Also, Calibretto makes a cameo apearance on Duelyst (pretty good F2P game).

Also, did you guys knew that loli Monika is a thing?