How Much Cheaper Will Consoles & PC Parts Be On Black Friday?

How much cheaper do you think the current-gen (PS4, Wii U, Xbone) will be for the black friday sale? How much cheaper do PC parts tend to get?

I'm very tempted to upgrade my PC and/or get a PS4 since I want Bloodborne and to eventually play Persona 5. Is PS+ worth it? I heard you have to pay for online now. I don't know how much I"ll spend, but no more than $600.

Other urls found in this thread:

please
archive.is/48uXL
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Might as well wait for a PS4 Pro.

BB on PS4 is

Didn't the PS4 come out 1 or 2 years ago?

They're already making new console versions? God damn it.

think as the ps4 pro as a multiplier
when you multiply a low number you don't get high numbers
it only matters if they were running games at uncapped/60 otherwise you're mostly paying for the "4K" and HDR crap that some titles support

ps4 pro won't increase performance in ps4 games. at all.

Proof or GTFO.

It's still a shit platform.

I guess I"ll go another year without the PS4. I don't know anyone who owns a PS4 so I can't just go to their place and ask to play it or w/e. The PS3 was worth it since so many Japanese (don't want to say weeb if they're actually made by Japanese devs) games were PS3 exclusive, but now Japan has finally begun to realize there's a western PC market these past few years.

Then why the fuck are they making a new PS4? Is it just a slim version? How much is it going to be anyway?

Good goyim, do as i tell you and kill each other to get discount electronics and other garbage while we are laughing from our ivory towers!.

it's only for 4K resolution. Older games will be upscaled. Newer games might have the option of using the slightly better hardware to render 4K natively. But the hardware really isn't good enough for that even.

Japan has had a PC market for doujin games for years, man. It's just big publishers finally embracing it. Now if only they could actually make decent PC versions unlike Tales of Zestiria like Senran Kagura and EDF, it'd be alright.

you can get stuff online

They want that 4K gravy train, mostly. The new consoles have really been caught with their pants down since they were pretty weak to start with and 4K is becoming a thing. Older games probably won't be coded to take advantage of the new hardware, though. It could be potentially, but I wouldn't count on it.

Black Friday sales are online too. I'm patient enough to wait a month. I've already waited like a year to play Bloodborne.

Did From say if BB will get patched? Because if it's not I may just wait for the Pro and buy the older model since it'd be cheaper. I only give a shit about the PS4 for the few games that won't ever go on the PC (like BB–which Sony owns the trademark for).

I'm aware of doujin games and VNs. It's just the west almost got none of that on the PC until recently.

So wait. Will BB even get a framerate boost on the pro?

Considering how games for consoles are usually optimised specifically to the hardware, it's possible it won't. I can't make any guarantees. Only thing I can say is that it's not certain that it will perform better. Console games aren't coded like PC games. Think of the crappy console ports we get sometimes that perform just as crap as they do on consoles (720p 30fps). It's likely it'll be the same situation.

the hardware isnt even that powerful
think of the ps4 a graphics card, then the ps4 pro an overclocked version of the ps4 because thats what it almost is

If you're playing unpatched, maybe, and that isn't any different than Demon's Souls or console Dark Souls

PS4 Pro will only help games if they retroactively patch them to run on new hardware, which they won't

Well, if I wait I guess the choice would be the weighing the benefit of buying a new PS4 pro for future games, or the now even cheaper older model for bloodborne since it"ll play the same anyway.

How much cheaper are PC parts during black friday or the christmas sale?

Some graphics cards go on sale for $50-$100 off. I got an R9 Nano for $400 when it was retailing for $550-$600 a little before and after. I think it's $450 now or so. I doubt the 10 series nVidia cards will be on major sale, but the 9-series might and they're still solid if you want a cheap card like the 960. Check out EVGA's B-stock and sales, too. Got two B-stock PSU's, 500W, for like $25 total.

Played it two months ago, up to date. Still ran like shit half the time.
PS4 is functionally a gimped, arbitrarily locked down PC. The reason games have those FPS dips is because the hardware isn't powerful enough. If you put more powerful hardware behind it, you will get better performance up to where they've capped the framerate (30).

They'll need to be patched to run beyond their intended framerate. Sony has already confirmed this.

What does this mean? It's not running at the performance it ought to given its specs?

I played it a month ago and it was a solid 30 outside of big open areas like the Frontier. If you don't believe me you can check framerate tests, or go back and play DeS to refresh yourself on no that game ran, BB's framerate is better, it's indisputable.

The reason BB had those FPS dips on launch is stupider than weak hardware
please use archive.is/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-bloodborne-performance-analysis

I'm not up to date on who is and isn't kosher I guess
archive.is/48uXL

Real shame these new consoles can't do 60fps at 1080p.

Why would you get an expensive console if you only want to use it for 2 or so games? The PC upgrade is a much better use of your resources.

those fps dips *might* go away on the pro. it's not a sure thing – there are a number of reasons a game may hitch.

A ps4 is a x86 box, same as the bone. they run the console front end instead of windows. he means it's gimped in that it's underpowered (most consoles are since they go for low production costs)

Haven't we had 64-bit operating systems since XP, and then became mainstream by Vista? That's insane.

hahaha this place is fucking dead

I don't see anyone defending the PS4 pro? Slim models were jew-y enough.

Remember goys
not to mention the horrendous DRM on consoles that is 100x worse than deblowvo, and also the fact that consoles now need to download those 60 GB games too, and console wifi adapters are usually pretty shitty

Black Friday sucks cock.
Barely anything actually goes on sale for enough to be worth your time, and the few times they do are often way before Black Friday

Also burden of proof lies that you actually have to prove that the PS4 Pro DOES have more power before he DISPROVES it, because you can't disprove something that has nothing to back it up in the first place.

This whole image is cancer

Explain how it is

So what's the bet on how many casualties there will be this year?

>[email protected]/* */
Haha, no.
But 4k isn't realistic no matter what you want to pay right now. It takes dual cards and lowered graffix to be able to safely trust you'll hit 60 and dual card setups are a nightmare of incompatibility as it takes driver hacks per game to make it work right and it will break all sorts of stuff you didn't expect (like often alt+tab). I'd recommend 1440p as the current high-end gaming resolution, but be prepared to pair that with a 1080 or Titan if you want to stay above 100, and the only great 1440p gaming monitor is $800 so be prepared.

I would if you didn't follow up with

You're setting me up for bait, I'm not going to bother.

"cyber monday" consumer maymays :( has worthwhile stuff, but black friday is just a nigger stampede.

Black Friday is an amazing American phenomenon. I witnessed it once.

For one day in the year all white Americans behave like niggers at their local shopping mall. They shout, they stab, they shoot for TVs and game consoles.

It's the best time of the year, fam.

Shopping at retailers would probably be the worst idea, things almost always go cheaper online, and even in dedicated retailers stock will be overpriced, and your choice will be very limited.

I never put much stock in Black Friday before because I thought it was a way of trying to get more money out of people without them realising, but now that I do I fact need a new pc, times are changing.

Does anyone know if the prices on sites like amazon and pcpartspicker will change? I'm also from the UK so still thinking about my cheapest option.

Forgot I was saging
Bump

Five seconds on google will get you the PS4 Pro specs.

The GPU alone is roughly twice as powerful.

>>>Holla Forums once had a wet dream about capitalist pigs tearing and eating at eachother over things they think they need and the dream was named black friday