What are the most influential games from the PC? Games that had impact across genres and platforms...

What are the most influential games from the PC? Games that had impact across genres and platforms. I'm trying to think of some, and it seems like only half-life, counter-strike and quake 1 had any sort of meaningful impact outside of their genre.

Something like how mario 64 changed the way 3D games functioned for generations.

Everything that got released during the 90s.

All the influences from those games gave us are gone now. Like tears in the rain. Thanks to consoles.

Thus I can't recommend you any influential games for PC because while there were influences the current age developers ignore all the good things that was learned about gameplay and such.

you're essentially saying they had no impact outside of their genre, then.

If you're retarded you can take it to mean that. Or you can take it that games like Halo completely destroyed everything good about a genre.

ok so pc gaming has had no lasting impact since 2001, according to you.

So you are retarded. I see.

If you were going to go down that road, you might at least start with the first 3D games.
Even if a lot of people don't really remember it, Ultima Underworld is probably the most important game technologically in the last 25 years or so.

yes, I think so too. Especially with its integration of physics in a 3d space. I'd say safely that's a legitimate example of an influential game. But it's very old. Interesting how all these games are from the 90s.

you still peddle the halo narrative, it's safe to say you're the retard in any situation.

Just give it up he's retarded or pretending to be retarded.

consoles are the bad guys, its a vast conspiracy of console gamers and consoles and console manufacturers and developers to keep the pc gaymen down

sorry but you sound like a dindu, nigger go away

F.E.A.R.
The Witcher
Daggerfall

Diablo and Dungeon Keeper both established an entirely new genre.

Diablo is just an easier ToeJam and Earl with online play.

hahahaha, i like it when developers release games under the same title multiple times

Are you retarded or just underage?

The only way to deal with this is to pretend that releases from after 2007 don't exist.

Counter-Strike
Half-Life 2
Crysis
M.U.G.E.N.
Minecraft

I'm annoyed that all the nostalgia arena fps like toxxic are emulating ut and not quakeworld. In my opinion unreal tournament did more to kill shooters. What absolute piss.

That's not bait, that redditor is serious.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it so…

UNDERTALE

I liked Undertale too, but I highly doubt it be any more influential than the the FNAF games.

what has mugen influenced? Or even Crysis?

You assume that 12yo people on Holla Forums actually know the real Dungeon Keeper and just throw bait.
No they don't, face the harsh reality!

Adventure and Zork established the entire story-based adventure genre… that died in the '90s. Descendants include games that are mostly story and games where you wander around to find the item you need to solve a puzzle to continue.

Rogue and Wizardry established the D&D-based RPG genre, still going strong, with D&D style battle engines and upgrades carried over into other genres.

Wolfenstein 3d launched the shareware industry of the early 1990s which died by the late 1990s. It was great while it lasted though, some really good games came out. Wolf3d also popularized the 3-D FPS genre and normalized bloody violence in video games.

Dune 2 is credited for launching the RTS genre that led to LOL. The games that popularized the genre, IMO, were Warcraft 2 and Command and Conquer.

Cave Story inspired hipster pastel bullshit nongames that think it's enough to be cute and purple but forget to have the gameplay and story that Cave Story did.