How dead is metroid...

How dead is metroid? Nintendo doesn't get that there's a difference between the ip itself and the games of a series and assumes if something flops it's because no one likes the series anymore.

Other M was hated and flopped, Federation Farce flopped so bad The Peanuts: The Movie: The Experience: The Game: The Crappy 3DS Port outsold it.

Yes, there's a scene at the end of Farce foreshadowing another game, but both retro and people at NoJ have confirmed there is no actual metroid in development.

Is it better for nintendo to just forget metroid exists so they don't fuck things up further?

Is there any point in having even the slightest glimmer of hope anymore? No one's going to put 10 years into a fangame if nintendo is going to shut it down as soon as they can.

Nintendo is a merchandising company now. They don't care about making a good game to sell, they're just trying to sell you the IP. They're doing the same bullshit Disney does.

I've seen retarded posts in my life but this one is something else.

100% dead, odds are once the NX flops they'll move full time to phones.

LOL
Post YFW sony and microsoft spend billions in developing/funding VR games, but nintendo moves either entirely to mobile gaming or releasing a console that interacts with smartphones.

fellate a howitzer

What the fuck are you even talking about anymore.

wtf, that's not my image.
I made myself sad, now I'm laughing again.

Dude go outside or something.

Big budget title that sucked ass flopped
Smaller title on the 3DS that usually sells more than main console titles, flopped.
Its dead, just like Nintendo.
Now fuckoff back to >>>/reddit/

I think with most companies there's a refusal to admit to fucking up, which in this case will most likely mean the series is dead outside of Smash appearances and the like. Really sucks when a franchise winds up in a catch 22 situation like this, where the series' fate is left up to whether a really different entry does well or not. If it does well, expect more games in that "different" style, and if not, the series is dead. Either way, prior fans aren't likely to get what they wanted again.

Of course, I suppose one could consider the series to have been dead since Other M.

metroid

is

dead

I

think

I wouldn't be surprised if samus was cut from smash and only zss remained. I don't expect it, but wouldn't be surprised.

user, even if it wasn't a good indication of people from reddit we would still call you a faggot. Spacing like that takes up an enormous amount of space, please don't do it again. Also kill yourself

I thought it had suffered a terrible blow, but could still recover with the next game. Now though I'm not so sure, and fear for Metroid's future.

"Reddit spacing" needs to be filtered at this point. With some posts, I could at least see some what of a resemblance with the formatting on Reddit. But OP's post is the complete opposite. His has paragraphs, for fuck's sake.
This meme is being used by people who are trying to hard to fit in.

*too hard

He doesn't but I generally agree.
That and checking Tor IDs.

Ridley bum

Its sad, they basically became as shitty as every other major publisher.

but it doesn't. Single lines being doublespaced is the definition of redditposting. I agree that people call it out too much but c'mon man. Instances like op and are genuine cases of reddit spacing. When I write multiple sentences like this that build upon a single idea than that means it's a full paragraph. Doublespacing in my post divides different topics and points that have been at least somewhat well thought out and elaborated on. is absolutely redditspacing, you don't doublespace just to make a greentext line. you
use single indentation and that's always been the case for as long as I've been on chans. It's admissible that op just thought his statements were longer and constituted full paragraphs and was simply mistaken. But there is blatant bullshit going on.

Plus, when you have a bunch of single line paragraphs, that alone constitutes a certain level of poor quality of post, simply because you don't take the time to elaborate on your statement or thoughts or whatever. It should take more than a 5th grader's equivalent of an explanation to have a discussion, regardless the context.

Metroid's not dead, Metroid will be re-released on the NES Mini this Christmas!

First Konami, then Nintendo, and vice-versa. It's like companies that were talented in their heyday become the cookie-cutter automative franchises around them. Disney used to create animation. Nowadays, they're shilling themselves in a consistent fashion by plastering themselves on everything, but leave everything that's talent to Pixar studios. Similar goes with Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, except their problem is about them desperately trying too hard to be 'HIP WIT' DA KIDZ'. It's sad how highly creative companies lose their former zest overtime, and then gradually forget what got them to where they are in the first place to transform into tacky boardroom lizards (though I'm probably just rambling some nostalgia fag nonsense).

Enormous?
Nigga, either you don't know the definition of words you're using or you got a dick so microscopically small you flipped the size definitions to make yourself feel better.