Pokemon thread

I'm surprised nobody has been talking about the Corocoro leaks

Also Sun and Moon had a demo for some media members which revealed something interesting.
archive.is/dX0pb
>But the second is given a fun new twist as monsters you remember from Red or Gold or Ruby have been reinvented to suit the Alolan environment.

So let the shitposting and gen wars commence
Protip: every generation is great

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UeT9oPg2ZoM
youtube.com/watch?v=PT3NujXW46M
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-456999064
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So they make it even easier then before?

pokemon is dead

Maybe, at least for the rival, as if rival characters haven't always been easy to beat.

inb4 BRIONNE ON THE FRONT PAGE

So if he's basically Arceus, does that mean we can engage him with healthy amounts of CBT?

It's possible the journo is just retarded and there are multiple "rivals" again, with the one who's actually supposed to challenge you picking the type advantage.

The dragons are pretty cool.

Yeah they remind me of stuff out of Monster Hunter

Lel.

lul

Grimer is actually pretty hot but I hate his alolan form

So, since it breaks free of the helmet due to trusting the trainer, I wish there was more reward when the "friendliness" meter grows.

So with Fighting/Dragon now a thing we got these type combos left;

Normal/Poison
Normal/Rock
Normal/Ice
Normal/Bug
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Steel

Fire/Grass
Fire/Electric (Heat Rotom only)
Fire/Ice
Fire/Fairy

Fighting/Electric
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Fairy

Grass/Electric (Mow Rotom only)

Poison/Electric
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Ice
Poison/Steel
Poison/Fairy

Electric/Rock
Electric/Ice (Frost Rotom only)
Electric/Dark

Ground/Fairy

Psychic/Bug

Rock/Ghost

Ice/Bug

Bug/Dragon
Bug/Dark

Dragon/Fairy

Dark/Fairy

Also why the fuck is fighting weak to fairy?

a stray wire snake covered in goop

Some things do care about primary vs secondary typing

Fairy was meant to counter what was currently strong, just like Steel and Dark were.

Fighting was OP since Gen 4 (maybe even gen 3) because the only things that resisted it or were SE vs it were flying and psychic (which were rare and often crap)

I'm not going that autistic for the combo list. I'm just listing type combos that haven't been paired together, primary/secondary doesn't matter

Mega-Altaria is Dragon/Fairy

No, user

Wow. Finally I can play a Pokermans™ to the end. Always had trouble with the cheap ass rival dicking me 20min into the game.
Now all I need is a strategy guide and several LPs of the most cancerous YT/Twitch cunts to enjoy this genre

Thanks Nintendo :^)

I'm pretty sure when I made the list I didn't count mega evolutions, only standard pokemon and alolan forms.

Good burn bro, we need to play real games!

Here's your (you)

Well that's retarded.

What a fucking joke. Watch as people will defend this.

I'll add (Mega-Altaria only) beside Dragon/Fairy next time like I did for the Rotom forms.

Watch ORAS and XY fans try to whiteknight it with some bullshit excuse.

marlo get out

They do it for free

Sorry for wanting a decent game. I know, I know. Complete faggotry on my part.

Pokemon has always been easy, you newfags

And you got one

They've always been easy, but Gen 6 made the games even easier than before.

Yeah, but XY and ORAS were ridiculously easy even for Pokemon standards.

MOTHERFUCKER GRIMER I WANT MUK TO HAVE AN ALOLA FORM TOO OR I WILL BE PISSED AS FUCK

So are they totally out of new mon ideas? Is that why they're changing types for old pokemon but it's ok if you put alola in front of it?

Water is easy mode due to all of them learning ice moves.

You don't belong here

This is false, even Gen I was easier than Gen 6

Says the XY and ORAS cuck

In what fucking world?

still don't get why they are giving unevolve pokemon moves, like i see it as a waste of time and effort both on players and the devs
dragon fighting now that seems pretty cool.

still the fear of fire cat being fire standing beef cake.
water and grass are my choices thou

they did that in XY or at least the first battle you fought was against the person who picked the one weak to you unlike BW where you fought both rivals back to back at the start

Honestly the real reason they did this was since gen 6 they've started giving the starters STAB moves at the start and it'd be highly unlike you'd win against a rival super-effective to you unless they explicitly program the AI not to use that move in the first battle.

I was really expecting alola grimer to be poison fire, as volcanic activity can pollute the environment severely. What is with the whole making every alola pokemon dark?

Good argument

The world where I can solo Yellow version with Pikachu without a problem

What?

Casual

It's doable later on but not if you're both battling right when you pick the starters like in most games, assuming that's what happens and you don't get time to grind like in gen 2 or 3.

they are giving exclusive zmoves to eevee and pikachu,

And?

It's entirely possible but it's 100% down to luck. Your opponent would only need to use water gun once and woops you lose.

Pikachu will always be worthless trash but eevee might be able to actually pull some shit off with that move.

Well so much for Gen 7. I was considering pirating this because it looked like they were changing up the formula and I like the idea of regional variants, but it's clear now that Sun and Moon will be just as boring as Gens 5 and 6.

XY and ORAS are even easier than that, you know.

You can solo any gen with any pokemon if you spend hours grinding it up to 100.

Hence why pokemon has always been easy. Anyone who denies that it's basically babby's first RPG is being autistic.

Anyone who says it's bad because of this is even more autistic

Yes please

I don't know why but I get the feeling that UB-02 will be the real "rival" but in a position like Vile was in Mega Man X.

Which UB-02, beauty or absortion?

Both considering they're version exclusives.
Also it's much more likely that they'll be a final boss and the rival will be mr edgelord.

DAE POKEMON IS TOO EASY???
GUYS PLEASE REPLY

How does it feel to have shit taste?

They aren't.

Jangmo-o's line is another perfect example of "the general concept is nice, but the artist's execution is fucking garbage"
Wake me up.

Kill yourself.

In a nutshell.
1, 2, and 3 were great. as great as pokemon can be when you look in hindsight
4 was alright but forgettable, this is where the decline starts. (also pokemon design/art style gradually goes on an undeniable change from this point on)
5 was a little worse, but interesting in some aspects
6 was garbage.

7 looks to be changing things up interestingly in everything but gameplay. Take that as you will.
Mildly intriguing, but paying for the same simple gameplay again but easier with fancy animu finishers? Only worth a pirate.

How shit are the scientists in the Pokemon universe that they can't do a simple copy-paste of a genetic sequence.

What's with all these people that think recent pokemon games were good? Where has this idea come from?

Why did they turn it into a cheap nigress prostitute

Thanks for teaching us about your superior opinions

How science works in Pokemon is really beyond me

In the E3 showcase the rival was using a pichu against the player's poplio so he probably get type advantages through other pokemon. It's not like pokemon has ever been hard anyway since trainers don't have the AI to take advantages of switching, status and set up moves, and the game tends to keep you overleveled so you're always at an advantage. It's been this way since gen 1 and they tried to fix it with 5 but those fixes never came back.

Mew's DNA is either ever-changing or contains the DNA of all pokemon.

Arceus predated DNA since it created Mew which created other pokemon.

I like Pokemon and I'm not autistic over it

That's retarded.
Furthermore, how do you even clone that which has no DNA?

Why else do you think they're having a hard time?

I think it's more of a bootleg than a clone.

From the design it looks like the scientists reverse engineered Arceus' multitype ability by fusing together random pokemon rather than actually cloning it through DNA.

This should have been his alolan form

I'm so mad he isn't lava.

we're taking over the internet gringo

At least the older ones provided SOME difficulty

No they didn't. The only time a mainline pokemon game has been difficult is when you were a retarded child.

So making it braindead is fun?

Maybe you're missing his point here. Let's look at this in the most braindead way possible.
If it is easier now, then it was more difficult before.
We aren't dealing with horizontal plateaus of easy and difficult here.

If you think it was so easy before then making it easier is obviously worse.

Not a goddamn thing, you stupid faggot.

They didn't.

Except it hasn't been made easier. It's just as easy as before. Besides the real difficulty is battling against other people.

Do you have anything to back up your misinformed mewling or are you going to keep acting like the Exp Share that generated free experience didn't trivialize gen 6?

GRASS GOAT
What are you, some kind of dumb nigger who wants to be cool?

Did you miss the OP and the series of responses to it?
Did you miss Z-moves?

No, I was saying the scrubs who pick fire types are the ones what want to be fly, but really aren't. They're the conformists who buy shit like beats headphones and ray bans. The real shit is the grass types.

Considering I made the OP, no I didn't

I guess if you're a tiny baby that still runs a water/fire/grass core.

You faggots are insufferable. Stop acting like there haven't been ways to trivialize the game since gen I. Raising nothing but your starter has always been one of the most viable ways to dominate everything in the game.

Are you actually going to say what was wrong with the old Exp Share or are you going to keep dodging the point and not saying anything?

That's fucking flagrant in how shameful and casual it is.

What the actual fuck. What's the logic behind that anyway? It's so arbitrary and retarded.

Hopefully that means they'll focus on optimization more and the game won't run like the hot garbage that was gen 6. Who am I kidding?

EEEH? EASY MODO?

The whole series is casual, there have only ever been three ways to get a challenge.
1) Be a dumb kid
2) Romhacks
3) Self-imposed rules
The new exp share is a drop in the ocean. Being a little bit easier doesn't really matter if you're already very easy.

Why do I even bother arguing with you fucking simpletons. If I could shoot this board up and kill all you faggots, I would do it in a heartbeat.
You fucking gutter cunt.

Why do you lie?

The Chinese Riddler updated his Pokemon list riddle a while ago and at the bottom are Pokemon that may appear in Sun/Moon or get an Alolan form. Those that are faded out might get an Alolan form and those that aren't might appear regularly in the game. Since the article mentioned Gold and Ruby I guess we can expect forms for the some of the faded.

Wut? Does Game Freak know how biology works or is it just something they're taking a wild stab at

So have they just given up on the whole mega thing? not every starter has one which seems a bit strange.

Reading half the dex descriptions should clue you in that Game Freak is run by a bunch of retards.

Arceus is the pokemon's equivalent of god. It was just there.

Living things don't need DNA, and Arceus is god so he could have some alien biology. Also it's not like anything in pokemon makes sense biologically anyway.

I'm not lying. Tell me one time you have ever had trouble beating your rival on the first battle.

DNA is the only known way for carbon based life to exist, but arceus could easily transcend that, and have some other form genetic information storage.

Hmmm.

You yokels need to go back to "church" (whatever that is, they don't have them anywhere outside that stupid backwater) and stop bothering people with this whole "religion" thing you made up. Arceuses go into pokeballs the same as any other pokemon.

Someone in Japan is trying to make a subtle statement about invasive species and immigrants to Euro/Burgerland casuals and manchildren.

I'm on to you fedora lord, I bet you work for silph. ==ARCEUS IS THE ONE TRUE GOD==

what is up with my redtext? It hasn't been working lately, but spoilers are just fine.

It isn't about me having trouble with it. It's about it being easier to beat him now. Which is pretty pathetic.

Are you able to read?

youtube.com/watch?v=UeT9oPg2ZoM
youtube.com/watch?v=PT3NujXW46M

Red text only works on one line newfag
You can't redtext in the middle of a line, like ==so==

So Empoleon is next

DNA is just how our way of life is, there's nothing stopping something else from being possible

The only reason we can clone sheep is because they breed and all we have to do is split the egg or some shit.

Try making a pokemon from scratch, who happens to be God, who also doesn't procreate outside of literally remaking the world from scratch to do it.

Seriously, he's supposed to be a clone of de-facto god of the pokemon verse. Why wouldn't the process be fucked up?

I swear I use to be able to redtext one word in a sentence and shit like that
oh well

That was never a thing, user.

Megas are still a thing

How can it be easier when it has been always as easy as physically possible? It wasn't even until two generations ago or so that starters even got elemental moves at level 5, so every starter only had some Normal type move and Leer/Growl. Type advantages didn't ever matter for the first rival encounter.

I guess I just have the 'tism

Mewtwo was created as a weapon first. It makes sense that he is more powerful.

Games =/= anime, user

what the fuck do you think happened at the cinnabar island mansion

In the games Mewtwo simply went out of control. No mentions of being made into a weapon. In the anime Mewtwo was engineered to be the strongest Pokemon by Team Rocket and Dr. Fuji and subsequently questioned its place in the world and went out of control.

Apparently not when your rival now picks the starter with the element weak to the one you pick. Come on, dude.

Okay so you're admitting you didn't read my post at all. Gotcha.

We don't even know if he's the main rival. Plus it's not like you'll both only ever have your starters for every fight.

No one has been talking about just the first encounter at all. You just threw that in there.

Except that's the only time where a supposed type advantage you have over their Pokemon would matter because it's the only Pokemon you and they would have

It could have been made as a weapon if we take elements of the game where Lt Serge is an American occupying the only harbor in Kanto, then infer the rest. But you're right, I was mixing them both up.

I'm not going to lie, the designs for some of these new pokemon look like complete shit. Haven't seen designs this lazy since the Gen 3 days.

I'm getting worried, guys.

It's okay user, not everybody has shit taste like you.

HEY KIDS YOU WANNA GET IN MY VAN

Also Silvadi has those Gen 1-style eyes

It better not

it's okay user, it might not be Fire/Fighting

A lot of the designs are shit, but there are some good ones in there too

What about nuclear?

but nuclear atoms aren't necessarily metals fatty

Something tells me you don't know a whole lot about radioactivity.

I'm talking about how he mentioned "nuclear atoms", clearly not knowing the difference between the terms nuclear and radioactive.

pack up boys we arguing semantics now
time for everyone to go post on /r/gaming

C'mon, son.

The best trio will always be Fighting/Psychic*/Dark.

*Can be substituted with Ghost for extra Normal- or Fighting-type hate.

Beltigre will be Fire/Fighting and based on pic related.

I for one will be drinking the quadruped-fag tears.

This had better be a joke. Psychic is the worst typing in the game. Arguably worse than fucking Ice-type.

Steel/Fairy/Dragon or bust.

There's really no good triangles because most of them involve an immunity, such as yours. I'd accept one if all three starters had an immunity and super-effective STAB against the one they're supposed to have an advantage over, but not when there's only one or two.

He'll be fire/dark, because he is a heel wrestler

Is Typhlosion the only good fire starter final?

Typhlosion is absolute dogshit so no.

his alola form looks more like when you mix together a lot of colored clay

Blaziken is #1 if you include hidden abilities.
Charizard is #1 if you include megas.
Infernape is #1 if you include neither.
Typhlosion is in this weird spot where his movepool is shit, his stats are okay at best, and he's just entirely outclassed by other fire types in every role he can perform.
Emboar is a shitty Infernape.
Delphox is good, but generally outclassed by other fire types.

From a design standpoint, Delphox is probably the best fire starter for the sole reason that it's a fire starter. It can carry you to the end of the game without problems, but at the same time you can choose to replace it with another fire Pokemon you find that will end up surpassing it.

That is also acceptable, but only as long as we get more and better physical Fire moves.

Oh, I know why people don't want Beltigre to be bipedal. But it's pointless to hope against something that's so dead-set in tradition.

Might as well embrace it, user.

Psychic is a good enough secondary typing with good enough representatives that I explicitly picked it over Ghost, whose only truly good enough rep is Gengar, Aegislash, and MAYBE M*Sableye or Froslass.

Also because Slowbro is mah boy and never let me down.

To be completely honest with you I only use PKHex to tweak IVs after doing 95% of the work anyways. Fuck you, game, I am NOT repeating that whole process just to get a 30 to a 31. Fuck right off with that.

Absolutely not. He's worse than Emboar, which is pretty laughable. A shame because I love Typhlosion, but he got royally fucked by the same things Flareon got fucked over with (weird stats and bad movepool).

Infernape is also pretty good with HAs. It ain't Speed Boost, sure, but an extra 20% on Close Combat and Mach Punch can make a difference if you're trying to close out a battle.

When it comes to speed and hp, that 1 point absolutely does matter.

appearance wise

I made a 6IV Ditto.

I'm still, at the end of the day, bound to the whims of RNG. (Until I decided that I wasn't.)

shame it couldn't just be scyther because of those cute feet and juicy bug butt

Infernape is actually one of the starters that can make use of its emergency damage ability.
It's fast enough to make use of a Substitute set with Salac Berry or even Petaya.
With a Focus Sash it can almost guarantee stealth rocks going up and then use the boost to aim for an OHKO with Overheat or Fire Blast.
I mean, it's definitely an option over Blaze but it's not a game changer.

Pokemon that are strong with a Psychic typing either do it despite their Psychic typing (Slowbro, Metagross) or because they're hyper-offensive and use their Psychic typing purely offensively (Latios, Alakazam).

Appearance-wise it has to be Charizard or Typhlosion.
Having said that, I personally like Infernape a lot.

Sometimes you don't need anything more than generic dragon or rat on fire.
They found something that worked and said "Alright, that's enough for this one. On to the next."

It's not, but I prefer my Fire pokemon to be "balls deep" all-out offense, and Infernape has the HA, stats, and movepool to do just that.

Ghost-types also have picks like those, yet they're also plagued with a lot of mediocre to meh Ghost-types.

Again, the only plus I see to Ghost over Psychic is Normal/Fighting immunity.

A 30 is fucking harder than a 31.

Or your gonna tell me your HP Fire Contrary Serperior is not completely bred naturally?

What a plebeian.

I outright said in that I already put in 95% of the work and used PKHex for the other 5.

My Pokemon will be nothing less than pure thoroughbreds, you uncultured swine.

Pics related are the only shit new pokemon designs this gen, and Grimer and Raichu are the only shit Alolan forms.

None of those Pokemon you posted or listed are shit

>liking [TRIGGERED]fish

>not liking [TRIGGERED]fish

is that from a real game?

yeah, the pokepark games.

>attempting to meme at me for not liking [TRIGGERED]fish

I hate actual triggerfish, what the fuck makes you think I'd like the pokemon equivalent.

Does it _upset_ you?

with pleasure

pic related is you

yep

Anyone got a spare Volcanion lying around? Or know where I can get a .pkx for it? It's been out for 3 days and I don't want to have to bug my brother to walk to fucking Gamestop since he actually lives near one.

On another note, I am two ribbons away from finishing Gen 4 on my ribbon quest. One is Multi with another cart, which I'll need to dedicate several hours to if I'm understanding correctly but should turn out OK. The last one, however, is the WiFi one. This would normally be fine. I hacked my 3DS, so I got NitroHax to put in the code to patch the game to connect to a replacement server. The problem now is that the DS has fucking retarded requirements for connecting to WiFi. It is only certain types (WEP and something else?) AND if it has a password it has to be either 10 or 26 characters long for reasons I cannot fucking comprehend. I could just hack it on, but I want a suitable replacement challenge, maybe something from Gen V, I dunno.

i love how he has another guy forcing the fish to give him a blowjob and someone else recording
I don't think anybody would do that for me

So prove it.

Why live?

As I recall, Infernape is pretty solid as a mixed sweeper. I recall it having a nice move pool to fuck around with.

Emboar is basically a more physical infernape with balk.

Typhlosion basically only exists as a choice eruption pokemon.

Ghost are immune to trapping and fighting immunity is huge in the current meta despite the nerf via fairy. It's one of the better secondary types even with rapid spin being less common. Biggest flaw with ghost pokemon is the that they tend have low HP so they die anyway to neutral hits.

His alola form is a mix of his old form with engine fluid which turns yellow when oxidized. They could have chosen a color scheme that's more aesthetically pleasing. Maybe his shiny will be decent.

unless you're playing star or rutile, they really are

WE

The calyx on Steenee's head is harder than Bounsweet’s, so Steenee no longer worries about being stabbed by other Pokémon. As Bounsweet, this Pokémon may have preferred to run away from others, but now Steenee and other Pokémon can play together.

Upon evolving, this Pokémon’s fragrance becomes even more delectable, but it also gains a tomboy-like personality. Living together with one is quite the ordeal. As it moves around, it spins its calyx, striking nearby objects, but Steenee couldn’t care less.

Steenee unleashes combo moves using the calyx on its head and its hard legs. First it smacks opponents with the calyx on its head, and when the opponent flinches, it lands a whacking great kick. That usually does the trick!

Tsareena has the nature of high-class nobility. Any Pokémon or human that approaches it with evil in mind will be punished forthwith. It even turns its fearsome glare upon its own Trainer if the two of them are not fully in sync, or if its Trainer orders it to use a move that will be ineffective. Only the strongest of Steenee are able to evolve. When this happens, the Steenee evolves with the blessing of other Steenee. It then uses its strength to protect the Bounsweet.

Tsareena is a high-kicking virtuoso. It has honed these skills beyond the level it achieved as a Steenee, and it attacks with graceful movements. At the same time, its fragrance mesmerizes its opponents, dealing them a secondary attack. Trop Kick is a move that only Tsareena can learn. It lowers an opponent’s Attack by showering it with blazing hot kicks in a style similar to that originating from tropical countries. It’s said that this Pokémon loses its strength if touched on the crown-like protuberance on its head.

Some Tsareena have the Queenly Majesty Ability, which no other Pokémon has previously had. The effects of Queenly Majesty are so intimidating that it prevents opponents from using priority moves.

When a Jangmo-o evolves into Hakamo-o, it breaks from its fellows and begins to live on its own to train itself. Wherever it can find Pokémon to battle against, it seems to appear.

Hakamo-o dances before battle to show its strength, clanging its scales together to make them ring out. When this dance reaches its climax, Hakamo-o bellows a fierce war cry to challenge its opponent.

Its scales make for fine armor, so Hakamo-o doesn’t worry about self-defense as it makes multitudes of strikes and overwhelms its opponents. But, as a result, its scales often become damaged and get torn off. They grow back immediately, so this does not cause Hakamo-o undue concern. In fact, it views the number of lost scales as proof of how ferociously it has fought, and it brandishes its bared arms in a boast of victory.

At the end of its harsh training, Hakamo-o evolves into this overwhelmingly powerful form. It returns to the land of its birth, where it watches over the Jangmo-o from a distance.

There is a legend that says Kommo-o is covered in glittering scales in order to drive away a great darkness covering the world. The reason these Pokémon seek out battle is to gain the power needed to defeat this darkness. When it detects someone approaching, this Pokémon rings the scales on its tail to announce its presence. It has no desire to battle against weak Pokémon.

Kommo-o’s greatest move is the uppercut. It swings its arm up from below in a punch of great skill and force, sending its foe flying into the sky. By raising its arms aloft, it can generate a force powerful enough to change the face of the surrounding landscape!

Clanging Scales is a move that only Kommo-o can learn. It scrapes the scales covering its body against one another, attacking with a great clamor. After using this move, Kommo-o’s Defense is lowered.

When the population of the Alola region increased, dealing with their garbage became a serious problem. As a solution, Grimer were imported from other regions. They fed primarily on garbage, so their body composition changed—as did their form. What appear to be teeth in this Pokémon’s mouth are in fact residual toxins from the garbage it eats, which have hardened and crystallized. No method has been discovered to break down these crystals. Direct contact with them presents a danger.

Alolan Grimer is always eating garbage, but its constant hunger will cause it to begin eating other manufactured objects if it runs out of garbage to feed on. There are more than a hundred Alolan Grimer in Alola’s garbage-processing plants, and all of the garbage produced in the Alola region is taken for use as their food.

Alolan Muk eats whatever is in reach without pausing, and if it feels the sharp pangs of hunger, it runs amuck. It’s thought that its voracious appetite stems from an inability to maintain its energy levels without a constant influx of toxins. Toxins have accumulated in Alolan Muk’s body from its steady diet of various waste products and manufactured materials. This accumulation has brought about a chemical change, producing a new kind of toxin.

Alolan Muk has the same poisonous crystals as Alolan Grimer, but they’re not limited to its mouth—they extend from all over the surface of its body. Alolan Muk uses them to attack, just like other Pokémon use their fangs or claws. And these highly toxic crystals are easily knocked loose, making them extraordinarily dangerous!

The Grimer and Muk in the Alola region produce and store their toxins within their bodies. So, unlike the Grimer and Muk in other regions, you won’t detect any unpleasant aromas when you draw near one.

When Type: Null gains a partner it can trust, it deliberately destroys the restraining device it wears. Once released from that heavy mask, the Pokémon’s speed increases substantially. Freed of the restraining effects of its mask, Silvally’s senses are heightened, and it reverts to its natural temperament. It has a wild nature, but it will obey a Trainer that it trusts. And to protect that Trainer from danger, it will put its own life on the line. Silvally is said to have been created to oppose a threat…

By inserting exclusive items into the drive on Silvally’s head, its RKS System can be activated, causing Silvally’s somatic cells to mutate and glow. The RKS System enables it to change its type, and its cells glow with different colors of light, depending on its type.

Silvally’s Ability is called the RKS System Ability, which no previous Pokémon has ever had. By having Silvally hold items that correspond to each Pokémon type, it can change its own type. Multi-Attack is a move that only Silvally can learn, and this move’s type changes based on which type-related item Silvally is holding.

Ribombee collect flower nectar and pollen to make into balls known as Pollen Puffs. These serve as food, and what’s more, they also can cause effects like paralysis or dizziness. Ribombee may use puffs to strike their opponents during battles. Some of the Pollen Puffs that Ribombee make also have relaxing effects or can relieve tiredness. These are distributed around the Alola region as high-priced supplements.

Ribombee hate getting rained on. They’re covered with fluffy hairs that hold the pollen they’ve gathered, and the rain makes them wet and dirty. Alolan people know that if Ribombee are busily visiting the fields of flowers, you can be sure that the fair weather will continue.

She never had a chance

I want filthy images of Olivia NOW

I get the impression that this thing and Lurantis are going to be version exclusives.

CBT porn in 3, 2, 1…

Silvally has vaguely edgy shonen hero written all over it.

Well she's taking the knot.

Lurantis seems to only be 2 stage so I doubt it.

Boogie will have a sketch by nightfall I'm sure
Too bad it'll be shit

muh dick

Clone Arceus, it's like that one TNG ep.

Seems more imitation than clone, unless they actually have Arceus DNA on hand. (Or technically do, if you sample all the Pokemon?)

This gen seems to have an affinity to alchemical symbology and references.

Yeah it's more of a chimera than a clone

I had a counterpoint, but then I remembered that Shroomish isn't a version exclusive.

REDUNDANT
E
D
U
N
D
A
N
T

Also,

Deepest lore

Shame it's still gonna be op. At least they know they made a mistake.

Pretty sure this isn't the first time this has happened.

While it isn't the first time this has happened, the fact Game Freak thinks making the same ability with a different name is still a good idea makes me ridiculously livid.
RKS System uses a different set of items, so it gets a pass despite also being wasteful when you could've had a different gimmick involving Z-Stones

Whoa boy.

It doesn't really matter since no Megas in VGC17

That's not the first time this has happened, IIRC. Cloud Nine and Oblivious are the same ability in all respects, iirc.

You mean Cloud Nine and Air Lock

That, yeah.

To be fair, air lock is the signature ability of a boxart legendary so they can't just give a random pokemon an ability with the same name without having some heavy implications attached. Same goes for mold breaker and turboblaze/terravolt and now RKS system and multitype.

Clear body. You know you're allowed to look shit up before posting, right?

"Heavy Implications" don't exist when there have been legendaries with Pressure as their ability, Gamefreak is just uncreative and retarded when it comes to legendary pokemon abilities.

Clear Body and White Smoke, yeah.

There are other examples, like Vital Spirit and Insomnia.

Fuck off with this shitty BLM propaganda. Sage.

All pressure implies is that the pokemon is somehow opressive to fight. On the other hand, having air lock would imply that golduck somehow has the ability to influence the weather via the upper atmosphere.

Your very existence is a joke.

They have super powers, you know?

Should've turned it around and just given Rayquaza Cloud Nine, no implications here.

Where the fuck do you get the info that Air Lock messes with the Upper Atmosphere anyways?

Did the thread about the new Pokegirl get locked just because of the shitposting?

Well multi-type is dependent on what plate Arceus is holding and it seems like RKS system may use different items, I can't tell since I can't read moon though.

Really the primal and mega of the gen 3 mascots are the first time any abilities have had the feeling of being 'legendary' and I wish they'd change it where all the big legendaries would have that fix. Shit like Terravolt/Turboblaze should add making their STAB elemental moves super-effective on types that are usually resistant or impervious to those moves on top of being mold breaker.

Rayquaza is all about the upper atmosphere and air lock implies literally locking the air. Cloud nine meanwhile is just a term that means happy and carefree, with the implication being it couldn't give less of a fuck about whatever the weather is.

It uses different items sure but the effect is literally the exact same otherwise.
As for legendary abilities, I agree 100%. Big dumb boxart legendaries are the one time gf is allowed to go full retarded and make broken shit but they almost never do.

Stop making me want to fuck plants gamefreak.

Fuck you. But I can't hate it.

My dick cannot take this much longer.

This gen is nothing but memes and waifus.

I want to kiss Tsareena

With or without head patting?

Reshiram was specifically stated by Sugimori to be designed to be more "feminine" of the two. That being said is a shit picture with garbage artwork, especially since he saved a shitty JPG of it. So please laugh at him.

No it got locked because this is the Pokemon thread, you faglord

more Pokemon Generations

Stop it boner.

You expected anything less?

This is NOT how you do sexy fish.

THOSE TRIPS

Pics of these motherfuckers as the pillarmen NOW

Nice. I hope the porn gets cuter.

Am I the only one that saw this when looking at the grass Pokémon?

You had ONE JOB

WHERES THE FUCKING PORN NINTENDO!!!!

pokemon is literally going full waifu fuel now
i'm ok with that

Fuck you, retard.

She’s a nigger.

play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-456999064

Wrong thread?

yeah meant the fullderp thread

Gardy approves

Please go back to Holla Forumseddit

I think you might have missed the point he was trying to make.

pls go

don't you guys just love this new jigglypuff?

You're fucking retarded, Holla Forumsedditor

I want reddit niggers to leave.

You first then.

That's… not my image. What the fuck, codemonkey?

that's not even an image, you left a video in the embed box, faggot

It all makes sense.

I never even tried posting a video either, though.

Holy shit, that's so bad it HAS to be real.

It wasn't.

He looks like a fucking banana with legs.

Am I the only one that like psychedelic Muk?

I wish clone abilities had different minor alterations.
Like Clear Body means the effect is cleared at the end of the round, while White Smoke actually blocks it.

I mean it's also a reference to the tribal haka dance- made famous by the new-zealand rugby team.
But they made Hex Maniacs look like Watamote girl, so who knows.

No, it's just it definitely looks better in-game when its texture is fully animated. I think they were going for it looking like an oil slick.

People have been telling pokemon to grow up for a while now. Might as well fuck pokemon.

Reported for intl.

Kill yourself.

Could you be any more of a fag?

not at all
completely made up for the disappointing grimer
i still dont understand the tacked-on dark-type though.

Hey Holla Forums, I don't know how to draw very well. So until I can git gud, can I describe some Pokemon ideas with you guys and you tell me if it's good? At least, good enough in modern day pokemon?

Just fucking draw them until they look good you baby

You can say what you want. Doesn't mean we'll have to like it.

Smash them

That's what I was asking, you dip.

I wanted to make something as special as the cool clown bro that was fake leaked. So, I'll take your word on that.

Reported for reddit.

Nothing to with this
Or you know because the games take place in Pokemon world Hawaii. You're embarrassing yourself.

I don't think he lived long enough to make a meme, user.

If im getting shit right with the "Doesn't smell bad" and "psychedelic" traits im going with with that it is supposed to be Oil/Gasoline-based, and oil is "Dark" as the "reasoning", Typings can be weird.

Are you sure your not projecting again user?

should have been /rock or /ground, then

Fuck off

Poison/Rock?

That would be new!
But would be absolutely RAPED by the ground type.

Slap levitate on it and call it a day.

It's because poison/dark is a really cool typing and wasted on drapion

It has an endless hunger.
So, greed = evil = dark?

One of the major Loony Tunes animators said you have 1000 hours of doing something badly in you. Get them out as soon as you can.
Just obey the laws of biology/anatomy, then bastardize it for the cartoon animal.
I mean, you'd probably go for the more detailed Gen 1, than later gens where- while the design is still interesting- details are sometimes missing. Feathers ending up as a curved mass, tufts of fur being a blob, etc

INANIMATE CARBON ROD

I didn't say it was successful, just that it was attempted.

It would be rad if they make Alola Grimer a bloating blob of gunk, sort of like ghastly, but slimier

It's a bridge between 1 2 and 5 really.
I'm practicing, managed to sorta draw one, but he still looks very amateur, but it translated somewhat well, so I'm becoming satisfied!
Here's a stupid idea that I really, REALLY like and haven't drawn yet.

Give Mr. mime a Dark/Fairy evolution and call him Mr. Crime

It makes sense a clown that distracts people to rob them. Buys into the creepy clown trope and french cat-burglur theme

I say do it.
Also, if I ever use one (lord knows why) I'm nicknaming it that and teaching it item stealing shit like Switcheroo or Thief

Bingo, I'm surprised you got it! I also have another one called Togekick
Fairy/Fighting

It has big, thick protectors/pads on its arms and legs, then when it covers itself for defense, it looks like a giant egg. Much like the original togepi.

I have about ~55 other ideas I've thought about, and counting. Only have drawn about 5 though. Damn shame, honestly. I've been inspired by inserting modded music into the Star Sapphire mod and pretending it's a whole new region, the ideas just come to me!

0/10

Aren't some Pokemon names shitty puns?

I prefer the Truly Immovable Rod myself, but that won't ever be a Pokémon.

Nigger don't talk shit. The name Togepi isn't even a fucking pun in english.
The Japs don't really give a shit about puns to begin with you know.

Krabby is called fucking crab in Japanese. Along with the majority of the first and second gen

CRAB

Incoming Kotaku article before the end of the day, I guarantee it.

On how they're sexually objectified or how they are progressive and represent PEE OH SEE?

I hope this means it has an ability making it so attacking it physically will scatter toxic spikes.

Not unless it's a hidden ability.
I bet it'll learn Toxic Spikes as a move though.

It gets poison touch and gluttony
It better have decent stats to make that typing work

that's disappointing
just saw the video; Muk has always been a favorite of mine and these colors only make things better

Your post makes my head hurt.

Any berry shenanigans with gluttony?
Could it get Belly Drum? Or just a statboost berry.

At least Drapion is somewhat memorable for the Snips meme and it's actually one of the few decent Sinnoh designs, but the game could use a fast Poison/Dark instead. It's the Ice problem all over again.

My guess is that it'll learn more Rock moves like Stealth Rock or Power Gem.

Gen V power creep ruined a lot of defensive mons. Drap was very much usable in Gen IV at least in UU.

waifu plant looks sweet

thats a clitoris

There's nothing wrong with the Reshiram gjinka at least.