Who else /jumpedshipfromtff2tooverwatch/ here?

Who else /jumpedshipfromtff2tooverwatch/ here?

latest Overwatch patch

latest TF2 patch

God, it feels so fucking good to know I jumped ship to the superior game right from the start. Blizzard adding shittons of free content whilst Valve are adding surveys to TF2 and limited usage temporary paid sprays (only 50 sprays that last 7 minutes per can, better buy some more :^) to CSGO. Meanwhile in Overwatch I'm getting free loot boxes with skins and shit in every few matches whilst Valvedrones are having to pay real money after already paying real money just to get temporary sprays lmao. Can't make this shit up famalams

shit thread

It's like you ''want' shitposted replies.

Overwatch is still a full price game that includes microtransactions and pay to open crate bullshit. Don't support that sort of garbage.

Fuck off shill.

ok

now post tracer butt

It's like you want to get bullied.

Personally I prefer TF2, even if it's just on a mechanical level. Overwatch is all well and good, but it's never gonna' have technical execution on the level of rocket/sticky jumping. Also, the Ana meta sucks dick.

This is a bait thread, though, so I'm gonna not bump it.

i bet you said the same thing about the Zenyatta and Widow Meta

If you're going to shill at least put effort into it retard.

I've seen more subtle bait.

>updates and patches come from top-rated posts on reddit I'm not kidding, Blizzard seriously does this.

I like Overwatch, but holy shit you're a tremendous faggot OP.

Actually, I didn't mind Widow being in the meta so much. As far as I can tell, Ana meta is just duking it out with a bunch of tanks until one team gets Nanoboost and wipes the other one

Forgot to sage, but oh well.

hey love, buy me copy willya?

I'm betting that this'll be a (1) and done op. What a shit thread though

Overwatch doesn't even pretend to have the appeal of TF2 and is certainly lacking in mechanical depth, I guess a game that doesn't have ults was too hard for you.

Been a while since I've seen a legit bad shill/bait shill.

either way check em

Oh wow, everything from the wording to the impact font "le maymay" image screams "I'm a massive fucking fanboy please rape my face"

There's nothing to check

I'd give the game a try, but
lol no. Especially not for something that's supposed to rake in TF2 players.

Wait, seriously? Whelp, then double fuck this game. Never gonna touch it with a ten foot pole.

Microtransactions I'm aware of but if I remember right you can open crates with in-game currency obtained through normal matches, haven't ever played it so I don't know for sure.

why are you bumping the thread dumbass

Why would I take word on what threads are and aren't good from somebody that thinks sage is a downvote?

Overwatch let's you buy specific items with in game currency, which you can only get randomly from the crates, which you either have to get 1 every level or pay money to buy. And the ingame currency is anywhere between 20 to 200 when the items that people would actually want(skins) range from 250 to 1000, which heavily pushes you to just buy the crates with real money.
It's a shitty exploitative system, and you're a shit person for bumping this shit thread 3 fucking times.

Who /didntbuyOverwatchandnowhasafreecopyofitcalledPaladinstoplay/?

Who /wantstoplayashittycloneofashittygenrethatsomehowmanagestohaveevenlesspersonalitythanfuckingStillborn?/

Stop giving tencent money.

Ah, I see, smartphone-game type scalping.where you can wait significantly longer and get it for free or just get it now by paying the nominal fee.

I guess while there's still idiots bumping the thread, I'll type some words

This user has a good point, ultimate abilities have a HUGE effect on game flow compared to TF2. The closest thing TF2 has is the Medic's Ubercharge, but even that works a lot differently.
In Overlook, almost EVERY hero has a gamechanging ability that is always building charge. Team fights happen, ults go off left and right, shit goes bananas, one team wins the fight. There's nothing preventing someone from getting their ult charge; if you kill an Ana at 90% charge, she's just gonna show up with ult in fifteen seconds.
In TF2, the Medic is the only one with a charge-up "FUCK YOU" ability, and if he dies at any point, it's all gone and has to be built all over again. This leaves more to straight up team fighting and player skill: can our pocket hold the line? Can our roamer stop their medic/other threats? Can our Medic avoid getting clobbered? etc etc
Feel free to correct me if I'm being a tremendous faggot but that's my baseline observation

PALADINS WHATS UP

Baseline observation is correct, compared to everyone having an "I WIN" that can be whipped out at any time the Medic's ubercharge was purposefully designed to be very temporary and very easy to completely shut down if you're not smart about it. Assuming stock medigun there's nothing preventing you or your patient from being blown around by explosives or airblasts which makes the whole ordeal a waste of time, and even then the whole thing was intended to be a way to counteract that many matches in earlier team-based games or TF2 before the conception of uber would just stalemate without a quick boost to one side.

I just want more cute Mercy pics.

But it's fun :)

What happened to Tribes is actually awful, though. I was never too into that game, but I could appreciate it for what it was

Also, reminder to sage because this is a bait thread

The gamepaly wasn't enough to balance out the finlux of "daiperbabyfur rp" shit that came in.

I can't imagine what it was like after bronys became a thing.

Shitlots of brony servers, some of which are still up but almost all died the same way other servers did after Quickplay. Actually I remember hearing if you totally ignore chat and turn off voice that goofy Furry Pound server is probably one of the few servers out there that actually plays the damned game with a normal map rotation.

What are you actually talking about
You better share some stories, cocklicker

Once upon a time youngling Team Fortress 2 was not in fact a meme game where you farmed hats. There were in fact no hats. no crates. no keys.

You purchased a game on a disc from a shop and installed it on your pc and you had classes that did one thing and did it well and a good time was had by all.

Then it went f2p. The crates and hats arrived and custom servers exploded with autism. Gone were the "everyone is scout" or "moonjump" custom game type servers and now they were actual role playing autistic furry "0x0 *notices bulge and shits himself*" stuff like gmod for over 40 social detritus.

Eventually they became the majority along with the csgo lotto style sad bastards gambling on lockboxes not caring about the game itself.

Now the remaining original crowd are like alcoholic bitter divorcess that play out of a strange sense of obligation and they just play to grind and they are dead inside.

The game had a golden period and its over. Sometimes dead is better user.

Sometimes dead is better.

I will admit it that I gave it a try yesterday because my friend dragged me into it. I couldn't. Even ignoring the fact that it is all a cashgrab by HiRez and ignoring their past actions and dedicating myself entirely to the gameplay it was still shit.

Play a healer - there is no indication of your characters' teammates except for a faint visual indicator that only appears if you are looking right at them and blends into the fucking environment. Shooting is atrocious and lacks any serious impact and is not impactful at all. There is no visual indicator of your teammate's classes and what you and your friends are missing. I looked everywhere and I couldn't find any descriptions of your skills pre-game or even in-game. Characters are hideously generic and boring. The tank is a literal spaniard with a fucking rose between his teeth with zero fucking personality other than 'he is Don Quixote'. I'm not even kidding when I say fucking Stillborn's characters were more interesting than Paladins' by a long shot.

There's an option to have friendly health bars always on, and holding K brings up a list of hero abilities. Fair assumptions about the shooting though, unless you're playing someone like Kinessa.

Sucks that your experience with it wasn't fun, but I can't fault you for deciding not to play a game you don't enjoy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is a fucking soulless cashgrab made by a shit company that is just following on a bandwagon. Wondering how long until Hi-Rez decides to abandon their old games again in favor of this one. And again and again. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Wait paladin's is made by Hi-rez? Kek, people are falling for their quick money grab and run scheme again?

And making general threads on Holla Forums.
And defending them.

Who else /casual/ here?

Who else /reddit/ here?

I might have to reinstall just to try this one out, but other than that, no, I jumped ship from Overwatch back to TF2. Sure, TF2 doesn't get the volume of new content that Overmeme is getting right now, but that's because
Also TF2 got a couple of community maps added relatively recently.

Also, I lost all of my reaction images recently, so please help me recuperate my losses by posting all of your gobbos.

You forgot about the parts where TF2 is huge, bloated, and buggy. It runs like shit, item servers have been going down regularly over the last month, and community servers are kill thanks to matchmaking.

I don't give two shits about Overwatch, but TF2 is on the verge of death and Valve can't even be bothered to break out the first aid kit.