3DS CFW+Homebrew: We haven't had a thread in a while edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0-11.1:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
On 11.0, Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.
For 11.1, everything from 11.0 applies, but browserhax and menuhax have been patched, so no more homebrew either without freakyforms or otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/qKJCrFQZ
archive.is/KActB
ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Replacement/25074
shapeways.com/product/76RHQ7ZEW/3dstick-metal-3ds-circle-pad?li=shop-inventory&optionId=57969484
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/277133-mega-theatrhythm-curtain-call-dlc-including-krile-usa.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_dsiware
yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/
mega.nz/#!GcBWXAyC!RiHaajLDvnho8VJIOE3p3vAMAvK9uEUZh2F9veR7PmE
fort42.com/ar3ds/editor/?c=549
fort42.com/ar3ds/editor/?c=550
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-kai_Watch#Main_series
filetrip.net/dl?V7GsvABs67
reddit.com/r/PokemonQRCodes/comments/3q6vkl/help_pokemon_x_the_saved_data_is_not_compatible/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-convert-a-3ds-3dz-save-from-one-region-to-another-on-gw.381849/
3dsdb.com/.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(ARM9)
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-and-use-a-layeredfs-plugin.389977/
gbatemp.net/threads/rop-from-within-ios_usb-5-5-1.444369/
gbatemp.net/threads/otp-access-via-iosu-kernel.445063/
mega.nz/#!w9kAXaDJ!3ZCJO3lmMhPB2sRXsemSYrHdQuZMOn1glCTpsh6UGBc
mega.nz/#!NxEnFSZQ!rjsvw5dhXylRqD4yXL1qE6xUNpW4zbIaVgOeLdYh-FE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/qKJCrFQZ
Last Thread: archive.is/KActB

Been a while since I've been in a thread, any new developments on emulators or SD access?
Is the fucking V-Sync fixed for Mega Drive emulation yet.

development on loading DS games from sd is slow
It would be better to buy a flash card and not wait.

Anyone have experience with replacing an analog stick on an XL? Anything I should know beyond what's in this guide?
ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Replacement/25074

Any suggestions for where and which replacement stick to buy?

this metal stick based of the gcn is kind of cool
shapeways.com/product/76RHQ7ZEW/3dstick-metal-3ds-circle-pad?li=shop-inventory&optionId=57969484
as for the guide itself, looks like its complete. Maybe you should watch a video of someone replacing theirs

Do you use that stick?

no, but we have all felt the grip

I like the Gamecube stick, but it's mostly rubber/plastic, not solid metal.

See I they have a return policy. It might be worth it to feel it in your thumb first

Taking the A9LH plunge. Wish me luck.

Not a whole lot that can go wrong, you can do it user

if only it wasn't 15 buckaroos

WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE THREAD OVER PAST WEEK?

t. Undub user

Also I released my complete DLC for Theatrhythm Curtain Call with the JP-exclusive Krile included

3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/277133-mega-theatrhythm-curtain-call-dlc-including-krile-usa.html

Also right now I'm making a special patched version of Waifu Emblem Fates with all the currently available unfuck patches, which is:
1. Swimsuits Restoration
2. Undub
3. Fanslation
4. Relocalized Second Gen S Supports
5. Enabled Amiibo Hero Battle Paralogues

I'm stuck on this part of Plailect's guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_dsiware
Would I need to purchase the DSiWare game again, or can is there another way to do this?

no other anons felt like posting this thread
I saw that there was demand so I found from archive.is and posted

found the pasta from archive.is

no, just link the NNID and download.

Keep doing God's work, Shame you don't translate, though.

yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/

Updates to A9HL. Was pretty worth it.

Continue being based as fuck.
The fanslation wasn't done yet, right? Still, I guess it's time to find out what all the ruckus was all about. Thanks dude.

Shit, you're even more based. Still, translations should take a lot of time, specially for a Yakuza game. Also, I'm aware you don't take requests either.

Everything except supports is done, so it's perfectly playable with my package, which is still uploading (15%). Gonna take a while since MEGA is being slow.

Basically it uses the Treehouse English version as base but unfucks it by restoring the cut swimsuits, unfucks the entire main story and all sidequests by replacing the script with fantranslated japanese script, gives you Amiibo content access without having to buy a fucking amiibo, undubbed audio (optional separate cia, I'm including dub and undub versions, same with DLC for them), and finally retranslated supports for children that got hit extremely hard by NoA's butcherization. Rest are passable until the fantranslators finish working on them which will still take a good year.

when modding a n3ds with an older firmware, I noticed that oothax gave options for 11.0 and 11.1, do those actually work or do I actually need dsiware?

just to make sure, we can't use ntr on last firmware…or can we?

You can. I know I am.
And you can use the 3.4 NTR on O3DS despite what the readme says. You just can't use the streaming feature.

Homebrew updates fairly quickly and functions with v11+
However you need dsiware to downgrade to a version that plaisysupdater hasn't been patched out.

out of*

So the streaming feature is just for N3DS?

Yes, O3DS CPU is nowhere near good enough.

thanks, man

I already have arm9, i meant for O3ds as the other user guessed

Quick question on Freeshop - to install it from github we just take a pic of the QR code on the github repo itself?

Here:
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

thx

Have a kirb

I installed the CIA and then updated from within freeshop itself.

I wasn't replying to your post

thanks for taking charge of my shit OP I've been busy doing other stuff and forgot to keep up on these.

You can scan the QR with FBI to install or install the .cia. To get the titlekeys you need to go to 3ds.titlekeys.com.

I found CIAs to be a lot easier to deal with than freeshop which never seemed to work for me.

You can also make them auto download in the config menu.

Yeah it's probably easier to do that if you're too retarded to figure out one of the most simple applications developed for the 3ds.

3ds.titlekeys.com has the QR to scan for the auto-update.

Is there a CIA for Hotel Dusk 3 yet? And by Hotel Dusk 3 I mean Chase Cold Case Investigation

You will have to excuse the retarded side of me that had a 3DS that didn't like the QR codes.

I must be going blind

same dev team?

You can type in a URL and install a freeshop.cia file.

Same dev team and same art style even.
ArcSys hired all the ex-CING employees and basically rebuilt their studio within themselves.
Their first game is Not-Hotel Dusk 3 featuring Not-Kyle Hyde.
Supposedly the game and story are great but they are extremely short, which is understandable considering it's a 6 euro title.
Basically they're doing a Hotel Dusk-like series and supposedly they are going to make it more shorter titles rather than bigger games like Hotel Dusk or Last Window.

I'm glad, I was sad they had gone under. I hope they do well

So I just dived into this just yesterday with my Old3DS, its all amazing.
Is it worth hacking my "New" 3DS as well?
I would imagine the enhanced clock and the extra buttons would be good.
I have a lot of shit on my New3DS so would it take a long time to back everything up?

Well you see Satan, they did go under.
I find it hard to believe you'd be glad though, you're the main reason they went under for sure.

maybe I'm being retarded, but it is just crashing dumping memory addresses. I downloaded 3.4 preview 2, installed bootntr and left ntr.bin on the root of my SD

I bought it, ex-CING deserves it. Haven't played much but definitely feels like Hotel Dusk 3.

Back up your files while you're doing something else, it won't take longer than a few hours tops.

You need to reboot your 3DS and launch NTR immediately after booting 3DS.
I noticed from experience that if you try running BootNTR after playing any game or even FBI, it will fail to boot.

NTR is hacky as fuck in case you haven't realized which is why I wish Luma would implement screenshot and cheat plugin features into itself so we wouldn't have to use NTR.

It's alright

Was still saged

Ok, as promised here's FE Fates relatively unfucked.

It even has Amiibo patch to enable Amiibo content without buying/using Amiibo as well as included optional Dub CIAs.

mega.nz/#!GcBWXAyC!RiHaajLDvnho8VJIOE3p3vAMAvK9uEUZh2F9veR7PmE

This is Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition (USA) CIA patched with the following:
1. Swimsuits Restoration
2. Undub
3. Fanslation
4. Relocalized Second Gen S Supports
5. Enabled Amiibo Hero Battle Paralogues

I've also included a Dub variant which doesn't use the second (Undub) component.
Included are also a CIA with Complete DLC for Dub and Undub versions respectively.

This doesn't have the homofaggotry fanfiction mod or other stuff of that kind, so no custom paralogues, custom dlcs, custom playable bosses etc, this is meant to be relatively faithful experience.

If there's any requests for some additional patches to be applied to this that I don't know of, feel free to link.

This is basically a temporary solution until a complete retranslation is done, since right now the retranslation is only for the main stories and paralogues, but not for supports. They're working on all the first generation (adult) supports and they've got all females done and halfway done through males but they haven't started the 2nd generation (children) yet so it may still take a good year before they're fully done retranslating this.

Until then, this should be an acceptable solution to playing the game.

Uncensoring Tharja scene in FE:A DLC is next on my plate.

Also I may gonna look into possible Etrian Odyssey undubs with cutscenes like my SMT4 and SMT4A Undubs. But that's a "may" and nothing guaranteed since I've got enough stuff on my plate. And no, I'm still not taking undub requests.

I love you.

uhh, still can't get it to work

Does this include both sides?

You're an incredible person, user

I don't know what you're doing wrong user, sorry.

You mean all 3, there's 3 campaigns in total. Birthright, Conquest and Revelation.
And this is Special Edition, so yes it does.
It's also why the DLC is smaller, since the usual DLC is ~520mb because it includes contents from Birthright, Conquest and Revelation as well for people who only got either of them. For Special Edition that's not needed so the DLC is a bit smaller.

Maybe, maybe not. I wish I could find a job that isn't slaving away in a corporate factory.

Also, anyone know why I get "SD Card was removed" error when trying to play River City: Tokyo Rumble?

Does it need the region emulation thing because it's an eShop title or something?

I'll think I'll try this after awakens. I don't think I'll mind the dub, but is it censored?

What do you mean? The translation?
No, it's replaced by the fantranslation.
If you mean the supports then yes they are still butchered by NoA because fantranslation didn't do supports yet, but the worst offenders have been patched by a separate patch I included.

I'm playing undubbed and only made the dub version for dubfags.

I tried doing that and no data appeared when I went to the data management menu for DSiWare

Oh and if anyone can help.

FE Fates not letting me use SpotPass untill I accept User Agreement in 3DS settings, but it's not giving me the accept option at all, only "view documents" and inside there I only got "Back".

What do?

Is fates the one where they removed the head patting?

Yes, and unfortunately that cannot be restored.
But if it's any consolation it's a pretty useless feature.
If you want headpatting you're gonna have to wait for the fantranslation to get fully finished and then play the Jap version of the game with fanslation applied.

Oh shit, I forgot that was today.
Fuck. I guess I can't even buy the things I want to.

Well fixed this, had to download Config.cia from Nintendo SDK and set Eula to "ff.ff".

I still need help with though. Using the Luma txt file for region emulation didn't solve it so the problem has to be elsewhere.

Any of you friendly folk able to convert ARcodes to NTR plugins with ease?

I really wanna redo Pokemon SMD as some other pokemon then the starters.

fort42.com/ar3ds/editor/?c=549
fort42.com/ar3ds/editor/?c=550

I'm trying to get GYTB rolling, I removed a lot of badges to get under 1000 which is the only thing mentioned. So I'm using arm9 on the last version, have 969 badges and the program detects the badges(you can see images being processed) after it ends it closes itself and a message pops up telling to reboot and after reboot I end up with 0 badges. I also have nintendo badge arcade installed

Oh well, fixed this too.
I think I just had bad dump of the game.
Downloaded from a different source and it works good now.

Is awakening censored was what I was asking. If it is I'll hunt down a .cia like the one you produced

Yes, it is censored and pretty much incomplete. There were several dialogue choices for the MC in the Japanese version that affected the entire game's dialogue depending on which you chose, and Treehouse only translated the standard one.

Certain scene is censored in different ways in EU and US ways.
EU version didn't censor the visual (Tharja in a skimpy bikini) but censored the dialogue (referring to her "boingy" bits being replaced by talk of smooth hair).
US version was the opposite, the dialogue is uncensored but the visuals are censored.

I'm using US DLC as base and replacing the censored visual with uncensored one from EU version.

Also this.

I think I read in one of the old threads that there was a way to use DS flashcards on your 3ds. Needed to run it through a dsi emulator or something. I didn't look into it at the time, but it might be worth looking into for

Yes, the trouble shooter says you have to put them in manually now

Forgot to mentioning that actually starting the game should initialize save data

Also I'd like to correct what you said since it's a massive exaggeration.

They removed the mute option (making your avatar mute) that simply changed some scenes flavour text and relegated lines that your avatar would normally say to other NPCs.
It didn't affect story in the slightest so that's a blatant lie.
The mute option was largely unused by Jap playerbase too and it didn't return in Fates at all.
So basically the only real "serious" instance of censorship in Awakening was the swimsuit/boingy bits.

Really? I thought it was more then just mute.
Don't believe everything you read on Holla Forums kids.

Always do your own research user, always.

I've been playing to Pokeman TCG and man its fun. Also Yokai watch 2.
What have anons been playing?

Monster hunted

For some reason the sd card management isnt showing up in my network even though I'm connected to the same network and have waited a while. It worked not long ago.

Also does anyone have the new beach shantae theme and or the lewd edit of it? The link the user posted a few threads ago got taken down.

Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack and Animal Crossing. Man, I should delete Animal Crossing .cia, is a fucking obsession at this point. But I can't leave my waifu alone

It had a sequel? Interesting

It's got 3 in Japan if I'm not mistaken, but 2 just came out here.

Crash bandicoot 3/tag team racing.
Also is it safe to go online with the threat of the new update? Been wanting to play animal crossing with some people.

you should be fine to go online as long as you're not cheating.

Play with me user. But I have no idea what you're supposed to do with Animal Crossing online.

legit its main purpose is to gloat about your cool town and how much time you put into it. I can't see another reason besides playing on the island which is actually kinda fun.

welp

What firmware are you on and have you got A9LH or are you still using EmuNAND?

A9LH, 11.0

Since you're on A9LH it's safe to update to 11.1. I'm pretty sure that's the most recent firmware.

Alright then i'll take your word for it.

When I tried to copy the DSiWare from 3DS #1 to 3DS #2 the save data has a question mark icon, no name, displays a size of 0 blocks, and cannot be copied to 3DS #2. I tried copying the directly through a file manager, but it doesn't work at all. I don't know what else I should or need to do.

Try consulting phailect's irc channel

Thanks for your hard work.

Majora's mask and Kirby right now. I tried SMT4 but don't like how they basically made Persona without the relationship shit. It's just a dungeon crawler at this point.

There is an infinite amount of pron of Peach

I know and I like it that way

me too

I remember when I used to have a hard time finding stuff I would have to fap to the same 50-100 decent images of her. Those truly were the dark ages.

SMT4A
I'm really enjoying the asshole route.

Do you still have a soft spot for her or do you detest her sight?

Naw Peach is great I never got sick of those pictures. It's really fucking weird when you have a nostalgia trip when you are jerking off to cartoons.

Would it be worth putting together a "must pirate" list and maybe even a zip file with the CIAs?

Give people a good jump off point for getting some vidya on their 3DS once cracked.

Dont ya think we already hand hold people enough in these threads? The least they can do is read the threads and see what people are playing/recommend.

We already have a pastebin full of mega links full of vidya
Just find a 3ds rec chart.

Currently, Yokai Watch is bigger than Pokemon in Japan. Stop and consider that for a second.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-kai_Watch#Main_series
Three main-series games, four spinoffs, a bunch of smartphone apps, six manga adaptations, an anime with over 141 episodes, TWO movies…

There was a picture going around that got pretty famous of sold-out full-priced Yokai Watch bread in a japanese market, next to a bunch of Pokemon bread that was 20% off.

I just hope we get all the extra games stateside, it's not quite the media phenomenon it is over there.

Pokémon TCG 2.

Pokemon is 20 years old now and Yokai watch is the hot new thing in Japan.

I can't install config.cia onto a n3ds. I'm using the same one from my o3ds so I know it works, it just leaves a blank space on my home menu that crashes if I run it on my n3ds

but it's a huge flop in the west because the gameplay sucks

Is it just me or is SMT4 exceptionally brutal even for a SMT? I'm about 5 hours in and everything is still getting 1 hit killed by first floor enemies.

O3DS here so no idea, sorry.

I hope you don't mean on 3DS.

Yokai Watch will never take off in the west because it's too deeply rooted in Japanese culture and mythology to ever take off in the west. It's basically in the same niche as Yakuza, but Yakuza at least appeals to adults. This shit is only for children and just has 0 chance of taking off when Pokemon dominates the western market.

SMT4 has Witcher 2 syndrome.
The first "Chapter" is the hardest part of the game, while endgame is the easiest.
Once you finish Naraku, beat Minotaur and Medusa then it's smooth sailing from there.
Until DLC sueprbosses that is.

SMT4A has a way more well rounded difficulty curve.

I think Yokai watch could of done well in the West but there just isn't a market for monster shit at the moment. Pokemon has kids spot and SMT/Digimon has the adult spot. The market is fully saturated.

I guess I'll keep at it then. Maybe I'll get a Jack Frost and he'll be my bro for life.

user, Digimon has no audience outside of extreme minority niche, don't delude yourself.
Pokemon pretty much owns the market, both children and adult in the west.
I dare even say more adults than children since children nowadays prefer CoD and Battlefield than hunting pocket monsters.

With that said, SMT is pretty niche too (outside of Persona obviously) just not as niche as Yokai Watch or Digimon.

Been alternating between SMT4:A, Rune Factory 4 and 7th Dragon Code III: VFD with some Ace Combat AHL+ on my backlog

Cracking my 3DS was a great decision, I'm having a lot of fun

Finally did it. I grabbed one off 3dsiso and it installed. I had to run it from fbi but hey, it works!

fucking this

i thought i would never touch my 3ds again after smash 4, but apparently, there's a lot of shit I like.

Rhyhm Heaven Megamix(i thought it was shit compared to the previous games at first, but it got better later on)

Going through all of the Pheonix Wright games(i heard there was a japan only one?)

Monster Hunter Generations

Gunvolt Striker Pack

I'm trying my hardest to hold back on installing more games untill I get through these.

there's also pokemon next month

Serious question, why the fuck aren't you using FBI exclusively? It's superior to BigBlackCocks and Nintendon't devmenu.

What, FBI can batch-install cias now?

I am using fbi. What I mean is I had to find it in the title list instead of the home menu.

Indeed it can.
You just need to open a folder and then select "Current directory" instad of your CIA and it will give you option to "Install all CIAs in current directory" or something like that.

7th Dragon is good shit. Yuma is the best character.

Gyakuten Kenji 2 never made it out west, but it's been fan translated.

What is config.cia for?

to config
Okay, you can use it to bypass the eula shit. Out of region games won't recognize you accepted it, so to go online you have to go to config and set the eula setting to ff.ff

DLC cases of Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies & Phoenix Wright Soul of Justice + regular new game checkpointless Shovel Knight(the only stage I haven't done checkpointless are Propeller Knight's stage(I desperately needed to get the Propeller Dagger and buy the remaining updates), Tinker Knight's(because I haven't completed it yet) stage and castle stages).

holy shit, guys. I can't fucking get GYTB to fucking work, the only thing it accomplished is removing the badges I had prior to using it. I even tried the build from the author and the build from some other guy, both crash at the end when they are supposed to write extdata and I'm just left with no badges. I only have 864 images on the folder so it shouldn't be what's causing it to crash

That might actually be the cause. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a limit on badges like how you can only have 300 titles installed. If that's not the issue that's way more badges than you'll use anyways.

so I got a 2ds with cfw already installed off ebay, but the piece of shit thinks all sd cards are write protected (the seller told me to simply to put tape over it to remedy it)

I'm going to refund it, but before I do I'm thinking of just system transferring it over to my 3ds xl. Which is already past 11.0

My question is, when you system transfer, do you lose everything originally on the 3ds? Like games downloaded from the eshop legally?

You shouldn't lose any data. And it doesn't matter if you did. All you would need to do is back up your saves and pirate all the games you've bought to get them back if you did lose 'em.
You shouldn't, but it wouldn't be something you can't recover from.

I'm wondering, I used the same region for a game, backed up the save, uninstalled the cia, then re-installed it, now it's telling me my save isn't compatible for this region. (this for alpha sapphire btw)

How did you backup the save?

two apps, svdt and save_manager by profi200.

I restore them, yet, the message is still there.

Why the fuck does every 3ds RPG have long fucking intros?

Hmm, well, the system transfer shouldn't get rid of your data anyways. It might be worth probing the 3ds homebrew communities at gbatemp & Reddit to see if they've had similar issues with save managers.

Because they're Japanese.

Does this version have the support dialogues fully translated?

Fixed it in like two minutes thanks to this!!

filetrip.net/dl?V7GsvABs67
reddit.com/r/PokemonQRCodes/comments/3q6vkl/help_pokemon_x_the_saved_data_is_not_compatible/

Thank the stars

you have gateway? Should've mentioned that from the start.

I don't have gateway, and new issue, the game freezes while trying to save.

FUCK!

So close.

then why are you using a program for gateway saves?

Because it helped, a little bit. The game is now able to load without the unskippable nag screen, yet, it still freezes.

This is a strange definition of "helped". There's no point in using a save manager for Gateway when not using one, because those things are psychotic, and designed to keep you locked in, why they even need special handling of saves in the first place.

try a different save manager like jksm

Wow.

I did it, I just reset the whole game, save file, security system and all, and it actually worked.
Gateway did help after all, even if it's a piece of shit.

will let you know if I fail again

There's no need, homie! it worked and saved just fine! for now.

Thank god, Star Sapphire is a fucking bitch to play, i love it.

Digimon games still sell pretty well. It's not as minor as you think, it's just they're focused on vidya not the animu.

More adults do prefer FPS games but that's nothing new. It's not like you have to pick a genre and white knight it now is it?

Any one else have a problem with the Curtain call undub? I installed it and no icon on my home menu.

Thank Square for FF7. They decided they wanted to make a bunch of movie shit and put it every where, so now that's the standard. Golden Sun is pretty much the last grand classic SNES style RPG and after that you either have bad RPG maker games or 30 minute intros.

I just finished the game, and while it's obvious that they didn't have a great budget the game is fantastic, is kinda sad how short it is.

Are they going to release more chapters? I really need more of this.

Also, the 3DS needs more VNs, I don't see why there aren't as many Visual Novels on the 3DS just like the DS had.

Xenoblade worth the pirate?

If you have a Wii, get the Wii version instead.

Looks betters and feels better, emulate it if you can, the wii version is about 2.5~ gigs bigger though

I wish I had the cash for an external hard drive for my Wii
There are so many games I need to pirate, starting with Xenoblade

So I'm trying to get decrypt9 to run again after a9lh/lumas install so I can decrypt an oras cia in order to make a rr/ss 2.1 cia (the most recent complete cias in the pastebins are only 1.3) but for some reason something I've done between a few days ago and now has totally broken decrypt9's ability to run. Every time I enter it from homebrew, I get a red screen, a quarter second flash of parts of visible text, then it hits another red screen and crashes back to the homebrew menu. I've tried pasting in new and older decrypt9 files into the 3ds folder and I always get exactly the same result with the red screens and crashing back to the homebrew menu, so I'm pretty sure it's to do with something else that's interfering with decrypt9.
Does anyone have any idea about what stupid thing I've done here and how to fix it?

don't load it via homebrew channel
load it via luma payload chaining

Thank you, it worked, I'm off to kill myself for not working out such a simple thing after hours of fucking around.

don't forget to put me in your will

can I join

No user, I called dibs first
If he puts you in his will the whole thread has to be in his will

We're still working on those.

Just to be sure, is it safe to update FW to 11.1 if I already have a9lh installed?

If I can't access eShop (such as because no update), is there another way to cryptofix my games?

So this is what it feels like to be cucked.

luma3ds has write protection for firm0/1
it is safe and will always be safe.

apparently this was an issue for the original ps2 game too. The solution seems to be plugging the controller into slot number two

Can I do a system transfer from my Old nonCFW 3ds to my New CFW wds? Are there any issues that may arise?

I just want to use the eshop and keep all my legit stuff on my New 3DS

If you want to use the eshop then just upgrade to v11.1
Also check to see if the stuff you bought is in Freeshop. There's no point in holding on to legit games unless its ticket hasn't been uploaded.

That's all fine and dandy, but could you perhaps just help me with my problem? I'm already aware of that. I want my nnid off of my old system and on my new one and I'd hate for it to fuck me.

Does your N3DS have a NNID on it?

no

Yeah then just transfer to it and you'll have all your purchased games on a CFW system. I did it with mario N3DS I bought no problem.

thank you! Should I back up my saves? Will it wipe things installed from the eshop?

I don't see why an old NNID would be that important to preserve

When you move the SD card over (last step) all of the legit purchased games should still be there. You'll want to backup saves for anything you pirated and then reinstall on the new system.

No everything should stay you'll just have to copy all the files from both SD cards onto one SD card to keep all your games and saves and be able to boot into LUMA. 3DSes on ARM9 cannot boot without the boot files on the SD card.

He said the O3DS isn't hacked so he shouldn't have to worry about any of that stuff.

Is it normal for O3DS to have incredibly slow CIA install times? Like 10 minutes a gig?

might be the read/write speed of the sd card

Just checked

Thanks for the help goy.

Should say it takes longer to install than it does to move the file across.

Compared the my the time to what I get with my n3ds and it seems to be normal

Installs are pretty slow on the 3DS but that sounds a little too much. If it isn't your SD card fucking up I don't know what could be doing that.

How would I go about converting a US save to EU?

I wanna transfer my activity log data from my US old 3DS to my EU New 3DS, but I'm not sure how.

I also did back up activity log's save from my old 3DS using JK save manager, but on the New 3DS, I can't even extract the existing save. Says something about it probably not using it. Tried ext data as well, but no luck. Trying to export my old data to new didnt work because of that error.

there's this guide from gbatemp
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-convert-a-3ds-3dz-save-from-one-region-to-another-on-gw.381849/

A little out of topic but…

Goddamit anons, I took a break from 3ds hacking scene after getting a9lh and went to PS3 hacking scene for a little bit to hack my PS3. Boy, their tutorials are a massive clusterfuck shitstorm. Its full of inconsistencies, like for example they will ask you to use this program in their tutorial but they wouldn't include how to install or where to get it. Confusing illustrations that doesn't match the description, etc etc.

Goddamit, all these shit made me miss how well constructed the tutorials are on the 3DS hacking scene. its almost as you have to be really retarded to brick your 3DS.

Fucking hell won't ever bother doing another PS3 hacking.

This doesn't seem to work for Activity Log. It's title key isn't even on 3dsdb.com/.

Nevermind, I tried again with JK save manager and it suddenly decided to work.

i need the cia for the japanese version of dragon warrior monster 2

check 3dsiso

Ok I have a question. I'm a fag that has rxtools installed on a 2ds.

The current firmware is RX-E 10.6.0-31U

I can't update anymore like I used to be able to.

What do I do?

follow the guide and make the jump to a9lh

You ain't getting shit.

will it even install with RX Tools already in there?

of course
just switch to luma3ds before hand. Instructions on how to do so are in the OP

2ds is the same as the o3ds, right? emuand and all?

i have succesfully moved 2 o3dsxl on menuhax + rxtools to a9lh with no problem

just give the guy a look through first and come and ask us what parts you were unsure off.

*guide

where I'm getting stuck is where it says " Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored."

So how do I actually install it?

Follow the guide

do you have an emunand and sysnand? if yes, what is your sysnand version

I also copied the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the sd card. It doesn't appear in the homebrew menu.

That's because it's not a .3dsx nor is it in /3ds

yes, my emunand is RX-E 10.6.0-31U
My sysnand is 9.0.0-20U

then you can ignore your emunand for now

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(ARM9)

follow the guide for ver 9.0. I used the decrypt9 method.

Once you've booted into decrypt9 following the guide, you will be downgrading to 2.1

get the ctrtransfer image for your device.

GET TO 2.1 FIRST. You won't touch a9lh before that.

The amount of spoon feeding that goes on in these threads is ridiculous

you're right. sorry, user.

I figured out the problem. Using the N3DS clock + L2 option was causing the game to crash for some reason. Using only the L2 option from Luma let me continue.

Curious if anyone here has the ctrHexen2 CIA working with sound. I can't seem to get any without deleting the DSP firmware and using the fallback sound system, but that has issues with stuttering then audio delay. Bizarrely, it all works happily when run through HBL, but that's an ugly way to run homebrew these days.

Post the proper image. We have spoiler tags.

Don't let it happen again, Johnson

i fucking hate treehouse

You should compare to the original text faithfully translated.

I'm going to try the 11.1 system transfer, instead of Steel Diver can I just use the Pokemon basehax?

Alright anons, I got something that will have all of you stumped x100

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-and-use-a-layeredfs-plugin.389977/
I successfully got the layeredfs plug-in working on my N3DS, unfortunately, when booting it with NTRviewer, my game shits itself inside out and it crashes when loading the save file, forcing me into the menu. Typically, I'd just boot it from HANS and play it there, but I can't have both NTR3.4b and HANS at the same time, so that's a bust.

Is there a way to successfully load the modded game so I can stream?
If you can, will anyone mind sharing their own layeredfs.plg for Alpha Sapphire, I'm sure our files are identical, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

I'm gonna temporarily delete the cheat plugin and see if that helps, wish me luck.

if it fails start looking for a good capture card

I'll rather build a proper PC and emulate that shit than buy a stupid fucking capjewre card.

the cheapest one is only $250 goy!
citra also needs a long while to finally function perfectly

Give it 6 months.

I'd qualify 6 months as a long while

I'm all relative.

I'm a busy man, so it will pass pretty quick.

user from last night here. happy to report the switch from rxtools to luma was successful! now to figure out how to download free goimes directly from nintendo

Download sun and moon :^)

I downgraded my 2ds months ago and I just noticed that my home button doesn't work now. It just freezes the system and I have to restart. Is there any way to make the home button work?

Incomplete downgrade, you have to do the downgrade process again to get a complete firmware downgrade

What a load of bullshit. I don't want to go through all that work again.

Alright cool, the stream is working well…in the title screen.

It still won't load, but it's nice to see it recording, here's a .gif

I need an audio recorder, the battle theme sounds like something out of a whole new region. It makes me sad that I can't record audio yet, sage for off topic

How many badges did you have originally? GYTB will dump your badges too, so if you have enough to push it over 1000 badges, that'll cause problems, since that's the limit.

Also, if they aren't showing up, try going into the Arcade, reset your badges at the helpdesk, then try again.

All you have to do is format system and run plaisysupdater again. It's what I did when I had partial downgrade

Stella Glow.
Downloading the dubbed version was a huge mistake, the wind loli's voice makes me want to kill myself.

big shit happening on the Wii U front today, IOSU Kernel exploit is finally publicly available.

gbatemp.net/threads/rop-from-within-ios_usb-5-5-1.444369/

gbatemp.net/threads/otp-access-via-iosu-kernel.445063/

USB access soon.

THe dub is so awful. I couldn't even play the tutorial. Got the undub as fast as possible.
The translations is also really bad.
They fucking translated Rudolph as Hrodulf.
WHAT THE FUCK, THE NAME IS EVEN TRANSLATED IN THE OP

aw shit
looks like I'll have to upgrade my wii to a wiiu after all

Someone is having a supreme giggle.

If I've already downloaded updates and/or DLC for a game, how do I get further updates through Freeshop? It doesn't give me an option to download any of it, only delete the stuff I've already downloaded, and I'm afraid doing so might mess up the games.

if the freeshop has an update you don't just go to the list of games you have installed. Freeshop will tell you if they have an update. Updating via eshop shouldn't harm those games either.

Not updates for Freeshop, updates for the games. A game will have an update or DLC pack, but I got earlier ones and Freeshop won't let me get the new stuff because it's telling me I already have them. It only lets me delete what I already have.

I didn't give you instructions on how to update freeshop.

Speaking of, is it worth it to get a 3ds just to pirate? Or should I wait until the emulator scene gets it's shit together?

a 3ds is worth it if you want to play its games and emulate on the go/with a familiar controller. With how cheap a 2ds is it's a preferable option to waiting.

I thought it didn't support the audio yet?

Only in the undub version; it shows Hrodulf in the dubbed version. Dub picks up notably after the tutorial, it's still hit or miss and Lisette is awful for the whole game. try it again on NG+.

you'd be waiting for a couple of years, bud. the ease of piracy makes the emulator obsolete. the only thing the 3ds needs at this point is DS rom loading and it'd be perfect.

Can anyone please share a save for Fire Emblem Awakening? I need to test my Tharja swimsuit scene uncensoring for DLC but ain't got a save far enough to test it.

If by translated you mean in English that yes, if you mean Fantranslated then no since it still uses Nintoddler translation for supports for the most part, but the ones that were butchered hardest are reworked.

U wot

Yep, they want this to be a new series made of smaller games so they don't run into budget problems like with Hotel Dusk.

It's got two audio frameworks actually, one is a fallback for when you haven't got the DSP firmware blob. But for some people the CIA version with DSP has no audio, you have to delete the firmware blob to use the fallback and it sucks.

I wonder… do we have any sort of list of homebrew apps/games/etc for the 3DS? Most of the thread seems focused on sailing the pira-seas.

there's a homebrew wiki

So is there any way to actually calibrate the colors of the screens themselves through homebrew? My N3DS top screen's got this really bluish tint that just washes out everything. Skin tones become pale as hell and everything is just ugly to look at.

Bottom on first pic and Right on second: N3DS's blue tinted screen.

Check to see if power saver is enabled

I may be retarded, but I've already checked out all the trivial stuff like that. Max brightness, no power saving and no auto brightness.

Then it's just be your screen

This is going to destroy my autism like nothing else on this planet.

I heard gouging your eyes helps.

Some N3DS's have IPS vs. TN top-screens which apparently makes a difference. You sure it isn't that?

When you say amiibo patched, do you mean all the content locked behind amiibos is unlocked?

Not a fan of FE, as in hardly played, so I'll give this a try.

What isnt translated?

Correct. user has the shitty screen. There's nothing you can do about it. I dont even know if you can break it open and replace the screen with IPS ones. They are so fucked, it can have one of each or two of each. Only way is to keep returning it until you get what you want.

Anyone know the time of the SunMoon demo? The guy who revealed he had the encrypted CDN is from New Zealand, and his twitter had mention of the game coming out at 7am on the 17th for him, which is about 8 hours from now.

IPS vs TN is present in all 3DS models, not just N3DS.

O3DS, O3DS XL, N3DS and N3DS XL both come in TN and IPS variants.

Source: I have IPS O3DS and the difference is staggering compared to my friend's TN O3DS.

Yes, it basically acts as if you had used the Amiibo and the content unlocks properly just as if you had bought it. It's different from a shitty unlocker out there on the net that just gave you the Amiibo content straight to your save rather than letting you unlock it properly via Paralogues (sidequests) and recruiting charcters from them in said sidequests.

I'd recommend starting with Fire Emblem 7 (known as just "Fire Emblem") on GBA or Shadow Dragon on DS instead or even Awakening on 3DS, since this is basically a sequel to FE Awakening. If you decide to go with FE7 on GBA make sure it's the US version, EU one removed a post-game "10 years later" extended epilogue because it was a tie-in to Fire Emblem 6 which never came out in English and they decided that having such an ending might seem like a cliffhanger that will never be resolved for western audiences. But since FE6 is available fantranslated it's better to experience the US version which didn't cut it.

Nothing. It uses the USA version as base. Then replaces all the main story and paralogue USA "translation" with the fantranslated script based on JP version, similarly with some of the supports that were butchered the hardest by NoA. Everything not yet touched by the fantranslation part simply still uses NoA's script.
Hope that clarifies it.

Apparently, it is possible to replace a TN screen with an IPS one, but it is a real pain in the ass to do. Also, the only replacement IPS screens seem to be from other 3DS's, so there's no real point to do the replacement at all.

I mean, for fuck's sake, Nintendo.

Are there amiibo patches for games other than FE

Well, technically, if you had another 3DS that was fucked up beyond repair, but the screen still worked, there would be a point. I did something similar with some 3rd generation Kindles once.

Holy shit, I'm retarded. I didn't even finish that question. What I meant to say is:

Not that I know of.
In case of FE it was basically hexing 4 values in GameData file and changing the hex from 07 to 01. It was that simple.

is there a guide, wheres the game data file/which line to change?

There isn't a guide and I will not be writing one in case you're gonna ask. Besides you'd need to decrypt the entire game, unpack it, edit it, repack again and encrypt again.
Why would you want to do that anyway? If you were thinking of trying to apply this to other games then it won't work because that's not how these things work at all. Hexing is something that's done on per file basis.

Yeah, that's the only good reason for a replacement. If you're just anal retentive about the screens then you're screwed. Unless if you have money to tank.

I have been following everything exactly as detailed in the Plailect guide and got to the point where i have to install the .cia's through the health and safety fbi inject.

But every time i try to install them it gives me an error (does not exist / failed to open)

is anyone able to help me out here or am i just retarded

is it safe to download the newest 3ds update if i have a9lh

It will always be safe to download the newest 3ds update if you have a9lh. That's why people use a9lh in the first place.

Try reinjecting FBI
It may have somehow been corrupted

Thanks, thats what i thought
Been some time since i did it so i forgot if it was like that or not

Just gave that a shot and it still gives the same error, is there anything else i can try?

Did you first reinject the original H&S?
Where are your cia files located?

Is it possible to transfer the emuNAND of an o3DS to a n3DS? I fucked my old one up trying to repair it.

Yes i did inject the H&S first and my cias are in a file called Cias on the root of the SD.

Fuck off.

And only when installing the cia files does the error pop up?

This is probably a really dumb question, but do I have to specifically use an "Sd" (not sdhc or xd) card when modding a 3ds? I just softmodded an original wii and that was the case there, and since my 3ds came with a basic sd card, I want to make sure that's not the only format it will read or something.

Correct, the bar goes all the way then errors out.
Give me a result code 0xc8804478 and says does not exist / failed to open if thats any help.

the 3DS can use any SD card formatted FAT32.

Could it be possible the SD card is full or corrupted?

Sweet, thanks!

I haven't been following the 3ds hacking scene in quite a while. RedNAND wasn't an option when I initially downgraded.

In no way is the card full, there is plenty of space left and unless the the SD card that comes with the N3DS came corrupted i doubt it

Kill yourself and do the Plailect guide already you anime subhuman shit

With Emunand Tool you can extract the emunand of your SD and inject it to another SD if that's what you need.
Also, upgrade to A9LH considering how easy is to install and the good amount of benefits that it gives.

oh man it just keeps getting worse
Follow the plailect guide and upgrade to a9lh if you don't want to be bullied.

This is what you get for being an emuserf

I do have this same question, minus the emuNAND.
Say, how can you transfer all your shit from an o3ds to a n3ds? Even with a9lh I'm curious.

Anyone know?

Is this correct? I read elsewhere that you need other stuff to do it from 10.7 onwards. I can buy a 10.7 one but can't find any lower, so it'd be great if it works on that version.

Backup all your saves using JKSM, write down all the games, homebrew apps, etc. you have so you can redownload them later (though I suppose you could just look in the JKSM folder and look at what you backed up instead of listing them), back up the save folder on your computer, delete everything that's unnecessary from your o3ds (including games, homebrew, etc., just make sure that if you need to have hacked shit to downgrade from 11.0/11.1 that you have it), system transfer to the n3ds, hack your n3ds (if needed), redownload all your games and shit, and import your saves.

My 3ds was 10.7 and browserhax worked

No, my N3DS is an IPS panel. Sure, it's got way beter viewing angles, but its colors are actually worse than my TN O3DS due to the blue tint.

I confirmed that it's IPS through 3DSIdent.

Man, Homura's tan in Senran Kagura is fucking gone thanks to it.

I'd argue it's a full blown kek

I don't get the distinction between O3DS and 10.3-10.7. I bought a used 2DS, it's version 10.3.0.12. Should I just follow 10.3-10.7?

You mean actual colors and no piss tint which is what TN is known for.

Good to know you know jack shit about displays.

Yeah. Your plan is to get into homebrew through browserhax, maybe set up menuhax for a more reliable way into homebrew, then use homebrew to downgrade to 9.2

Dude trust me, I've researched this thing intensively.

The colors are fucking off. My TN doesn't have that piss yellow tint to it for some reason. When I put my the my O3DS with a TN top next to my N3DS with an IPS top, it just flat out looks worse on the IPS due to the blue tint it's got. Hell, when the screen goes pitch black, it actually goes dark green than anything.

I even compared them to the color of my IPS computer monitor, and my TN O3DS comes closer to more accurate colors than the IPS N3DS. Nintendo just fucking sucks at color calibrating their screens.

I mean, of course, the IPS has better contrast and better viewing angles, but that doesn't mean shit if everythign looks like it's under water.

Sounds to me like you maybe bought a used 3DS that was heavily exploited and thus lost its color, since displays do wear out.
TN's become more yellow as they get older.
IPS become less saturated.
And OLED become red tinted.

Not really. I bought it brand new last week. Even came with 11.0, which I used another 3DS to hack.

Just do everything to prevent the nag

No idea what to tell you beyond the fact that it isn't normal and it sounds like your IPS is fucked.

this
all you can do now is search the web to see if there are any other unlucky souls like you or if god just hates you particularly

Why the hell does FreeShop only have Yokai Watch 2 Bony Spirits? Where's Fleshy Souls?

Just download the cia.

nobody uploaded the key for it

Yeah I'll just have to return this unit and find another one with an IPS panel. At least a9lh is removable if I restore nand to 9.2.

mega.nz/#!w9kAXaDJ!3ZCJO3lmMhPB2sRXsemSYrHdQuZMOn1glCTpsh6UGBc

mega.nz/#!NxEnFSZQ!rjsvw5dhXylRqD4yXL1qE6xUNpW4zbIaVgOeLdYh-FE

T..thanks?

what are these games?

Super Mario 3D Land, up to the 3rd world, the levels are all short and go like a breeze but that's what makes them sweet, specially when you have to backtrack in case you have to look around for a special star you missed.

This is a really stupid solution. If you system transfer to an already CFW 3DS will you lose all your shit anyway?

System transfers should move over games and saves. Even CFW.

Speaking of system transfers, I just started one and I'm an idiot and used the 3DS file transfer, so after about 4 hours I'm at 40%. Anyone know if you can cancel and restart using a different method?

I thought it didn't move pirated games, otherwise dsiware downgrade wouldn't need a legit copy.

Go to the nintendo website to see how you can cancle.

it can move the games but the signatures and tickets are invalid on a system without cfw so it can't run anything.

I don't think you can.

it can't move cfw, but if you have cfw set up already it will transfer as if it were stock.

If I order an N3DSXL new, what are the chances it'll have version 11.0 installed on it already?

Pretty high, but it depends where you live and if they sell out frequently enough to warrant new stock. I live in a big metropolitan area and no store I know of sells them below 11.

Your best bet is to get a N3DS (not XL) both the animal crossing and super mario 3d land bundles come with 9.8 and 10.7 respectively. There are charts on GBAtemp and Reddit that list firmware version by serial number, so you can always just print that off and go to the store to check it out.

I'm getting it from an online distributor that sells excess/discarded retail stock.

best thing to do is keep your injected H&S handy. I accidently did a whole transfer, but I backed up all my saves before hand.

Reinject H&S, install FBI, install Freeshop and whatever else you want and re download your games, then inject the saves. Good as new!

I want to play R4MI on this system. There's RetroArch but that's only on HBL, is there any NES emulator that works as a CIA?

NES injects.

Looks like there's an existing one, cheers.

I saw a Gurumin port on freeshop. Is it good? I have it on PC, but I don't have time to play. It doesn't loon too good, though.

I solved my captcha to laugh at you. Are you seriously complaining about "lenghty" intros yet praising Golden shit? The game that has more text than Metal gear solid for a generic as fuck fantasy storyline? The game that has an unskipable animated reaction emoticon per character per dialogue making it stupidly slow and long?
REALLY that game is the one you are going to use to complain about "FF7 like" intros?

[insert tidus laugh here]

retroarch is not HBL only
it has .cias for each emulator

Anyone know how to get the pokemon demo quickly? My eShop is broken and I cant fix it with TinyFormat. Emunand.

Pokémon Sun & Moon demo? It isn't out yet.

I know that, bt I mean when it does come out, in 2 hours.

Might just sit on 3dsido

In that case, just downloading the cia might be the easiest. Unless you get freeshop.
But honestly, just update to A9HL.

Upgrade to a9lh

Freeshop needs to be updated by Cruel before you can see it on the app. Theres disparity between 3dstitlekeys and his application.
Actualy, this error is the only thing keeping me on EmuNAND, as I dont want to destroy either my emu or sysnand I currently have, as then the eshop would be completely stuffed.

Good to know the a9lh fixes everythig meme never dies.

Gee user, don't you think updating your nand will fix the Eshop? If only there was a softmod that has write protection and can't be removed by any of Nintendo's updates. That sure would sound like a solution.

Gee user, wouldn't it be funny if there was a bug where you can't access the eShop because your NNID is linked on your SysNAND, and the only way to install a9lh and keep all my games and saves would keep me busy for hours…

That sure would be a problem…

You're sysnand is 9.2, no?
Format it and go through the phailect guide. Since emunand is no longer required for a9lh yours will remain untouched. And then presto, you have a9lh on your sysnand that isn't linked to your NNID and if you're to lazy to move your saves and downloads you still have your emunand besides it.

You've already done the hard and time consuming part. Everything else is swift and easy.

No, if it was as easy as formattig my SysNAND to unlink my NNID, I'd be fine. I've quite literally formatted, both through system settings and tinyformat 20 times.
I'd ring Nintendo, but last time they had me on hold for 2 hours, and I have better things to do.

Take note anons, you'll never get into this mess with a9lh.

Thank God A9LH was possible 12 months ago.

It's your fault for staying out of the loop for an entire year. Posts about a9lh dates as far back as February 2016

eShop broken since I did emunand setup, in December. Thank goodness you read my post, understood what you're both reading and posting, then kept goig telling me I'm wrong, while not answering the question.

It might be worth a try to see if formatting and updating your nand will fix this. And since you can still have your emunand along side your a9lh sysnand there isn't anything you can lose.

You didn't explicitly state your shit had been broken for 12 months. Thank god you don't read your own posts either.

Eh, nevermind, found out that newer versions of Decrypt9 can dump NNID files, and you can edit it to fix it.

Also, you assumed the highlight of the a9lh process was formatting your system. You completely missed the point that it was to see if updating your stuff would fix it.

So how the fuck do I get BootNTR to actually work when it comes to the Saving/Loading bit?

And where the fuck are the screenshots?

Why are you all sleeping when the Sun/Moon demo is actually available ?

GET TO WORK !!!

I thought it wasn't available yet?

Also can anyone give me a quick rundown on installing gba games? I want Battle Network 3

CuckTEMP has the key. And the seeds.

Because Pokémon has never interested me

I'm willing to spoonfeed you, depending on what you're running.

I've got a9lh on my n3ds

We be autosagin' and on page 13.
New bread when.

you find a .cia of it injected into the virtual console and you install it
making one is a different matter

when we reach page 15

Honestest answer yet.

If you're willing to spoonfeed people, at least cover all the ranges. I appreciate the initiative though.

Here it is you pigeons
new bread:

But user, it's only page 14!