Is anyone else glad that Arcades are dead?

Is anyone else glad that Arcades are dead?

Those places where disgusting shitholes where you were guaranteed to get a crowd provided you didn't suck dick at a game.

There's an arcade like five minutes from me, what are you talking about?

They aren't exactly dead, it's just that companies moved on from creating artificially difficult games designed to suck quarters to boring games with the "fun" locked behind paywalls and microtransactions.

Arcades are a beckoning of days' long since passed user. From a timeless age when there really were no consoles or PC games yet. When children actually left the house, rode their bikes with their friends to the local arcade on main street, and spent all their quarters on Pacman before going down to the beach with an ice cold coke in your hand. Those days are long over. Arcades weren't just a way to play video games, they were an experience.

ITT n64 kids pretending they ever saw arcades

That doesn't make any damn sense

wut

Not particularly glad that it's dead because I only went once and never again anyway

Do you want to talk about those 3rd world-tier Internet cafés instead?

>Arcades being Dead = Sparse or almost non-existant outside of Japan

One of the earliest video games was a computer game for the PDP-1, it's from 1962.

I'm not fucking in Japan but there are several active arcades in my city. Are you in North America or something?

I'm from Europe an dedicated Arcades never existed here.

I live in Brooklyn and the only places I could find were Barcades -with fucking 2nerdy shit like pacman- and 1 (one) actual arcade ran by chinks. Good luck finding, say, Daytona, Metal Slug or fighting games.

Literally nigger-tier.

Light gun games were the only good thing to ever come out of arcades.

A really shit gimmick.

Time Crisis was the best arcade game ever created. You can't even argue against this.

Why the hell are there so many people on Holla Forums that have absolutely no fucking clue what they're talking about?

Yeah, it's more like home hardware was absolute shit compared to arcade hardware until the 6th gen

Pictured: shitlord and future Holla Forums regular user checking out Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V.

My man.

Poor selection of games.
Kids.

Terrible logic.

Fuck right off with this garbage.
This is at least the second time you tried this argument, just because you choose to play Midway and Raw-Thrills trash doesn't mean that all the SEGA greats are garbage too.

Damned good times

want to own 4th mix plus? fuck you, that'll be $5200

Light guns are as much of a gimmick as fucking wiggling your arms in front of a kinect or doing the same while holding a goystation dildo.

You may as well play that IS Defense game that literally nobody remembers.

👌😂🔫

My ultimate nigger.

Are you projecting user because if you are I understand. I wish I could play in arcades with my Dad again and random people, I really enjoyed my times. It's long since dead where I live and the machines I do see haven't even been played, I can play haphazardly and get the highscore in a couple lives

I was a terrible kid and drove people away from me eventually, just about all friends I had changed overnight to my tomfoolery. So I had no friends at a certain point and eventually just stayed at home all the time if I went out I usually walked around the whole evening doing nothing in particular, probably why I never put on weight as a child.

So this is the cancer I've heard so much about. This bait blows. You'll never know those joys. I pity you.

>The joy of playing metal slug past the first stage without dying and sensing a perpetually growing cancer mass of nondescript rejects behind you, watching every move
Yeah, thank fucking god they're dead.

Christ you're more bitter about this whole thing than me aren't you?

This.
It's like talking to virgins who say girls are too icky.

My brother of African American descent.

I wouldn't say they are dead, we just became more niche, like barcades etc. It's just not the same, kids like different things these days.
Really depends on where you go, we used some pretty powerful disinfectants to clean shit off before closing each night. Even then, use hand sanitizer if you are afraid of germs. Don't know what your issue with crowds is about, but hey, it's all good.

It's a timeless age when console or PC games are rarely worth the full 60$. When adults want to leave their apartments, and walk with coworkers and friends to the local barcade. Spending what money they can on drinks and extra lives, before leaving with smiles across their faces and laughter in the air as they forget just for a moment they are adults who work 9-5 jobs. It's an experience.

Still have arcades here and I'm old enough to actually have enjoyed them when they weren't a nostalgia retro thing.
It was a great way to meet new friends when socializing involved direct interaction.
The polar opposite environment to being in a classroom, you were surrounded by your peers doing something you liked.
We thought we were out smarting arcades with consoles and multiple controllers, split screen, we didn't see online play essentially killing all physical hangout methods.
Honestly if you're too young you don't notice something you never really had.

Everyone who mentions barcades should suffer from a stroke and die.
Going out drinking with friends is fun.
Playing games in an arcade is fun.
Combining the two is the pinnacle of stupidity, and most barcades are far more bar than arcade anyway.

I've never been in one. I was a child during the eighties. Arcades died in like the early 90s over here.

whoah dude such an epic nostalgia xddd vaperwave remembah da 90s, remembach pac?

You're like the fucking cuckolds who are happy to increase publisher revenue from DLC or dumbed down, heavily hyped titles. Look out for yourself rather than a bar owner, faggot.

You were born in the 2000's do you?

Time crisis was pretty good

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about the jurassic park, terminator, silent scope, house of the dead, and many other light gun games were full of imagination and fun even if they were designed to eat up quarters.

FUCKING THIS
2 and 3 is best

what a fag

fuck i forgot there was a fifth one but i haven't found it yet

Why are you such a faggot? If people want to get drunk and put quarters in a Time Crisis machine, why shouldn't they?

It's this, yeah. Arcades had higher fidelity and unique inputs. When they started basing arcades off of consoles instead of the other way around, it really doesn't make sense, which is why the only arcades that still get made have to have a unique experience or a fuckload of content. See NESICA:Live and Dead Heat, compared to having a Neo-Geo MVS, and pachinko machines ruling the money pit.

Pick one, faggot. There were PC games in the 80s and 90's, but arcades were better hardware.

"PC" is a retroactive term, they were always called computers up until IBM started pushing the term.

Arcades were always filled with shitskins and nigs who supported the P2w format. I'm glad that such degenerate days are gone

The joke is the p2w format has now come to the home console and PC markets and the nigs and shitskins that populated the arcades have now gone online.
There was supposed to be a silver lining and it has long since disappeared.

sauce?

Personal Computer was coined because it was just that, as opposed to the mainframes and terminals of the 60s. A "computer" as an electronic typewriter wouldn't have played spacewar!, you needed a shitload of stuff that wasn't available to every joe. Do you even know what a PDP-1 looks like? It's not a Personal Computer and is never called such, not even retroactively as you claim. Are you retarded?

I died a little inside.

No, I like being with people while playing video games. Too bad they are dead.

Arcades where a blessing and a curse to me.

In one hand i used to have so much fun

In other, i was bullied to hell and back in those, to the point i still wish death upon these faggots 25 years later, in fact most of my childhood was spent in arcades.

Why would you be glad?
Someone molested you at an arcade or something?

if you want you can visit the Galloping Ghost Arcade.

We have online crane games you can play with your mobile phones now (in Japan). Why be embarrassed to ask the staff to fix the prizes to make the game fair. Win prizes and have it delivered to you without the hassle of the greasy stench of normalfags.

This message is brought to you by the Crane Game Girls!

I was that one faggot that actually spent money on VS Super Mario Bros and i still managed to gather people around me to see me play.
And i still do it nowadays, alongside Blazing Star.

hehhehheh

I also got trip number 888

Complete BS.
PCs appeared in the 1970s and were the general term used for Apple computers until the "IBM PC" appeared in 1981.
It wasn't until Apple distanced itself from the term "PC" in 1984 by introducing the "Macintosh", that it became the moniker for IBM compatibles only.

see pic

Nice freudian slip

There's nothing stopping you from playing video games with your friend in your house.

Unless you're a hipster living in a communist building that has rooms for a dozen of people, or in college trying to justify your student loan.

The only good thing to come from arcades was the games that had otherwise expensive to own peripherals such as DDR, racing games, and lightgun games since home console lightguns usually sucked. Cabinet fighting games can go to hell, the sticks are always poorly maintained or just low quality.

I really liked the experience and atmosphere that arcades offered back in the day. Too bad, my local arcades replaced some of the best games with some pretty terrible ones. I envy Japanese arcades, because they seem really fun. If I were rich, I would build my own arcade for private use.

Oh hell fucking yeah boy.

But fighting games were used to determine who's the boss of the gym.

Only reason I went to arcades was the people. Night came and so came the virgins, air filled with smoke and the only thing you could hear were the massive fans and m8s shittalking each other, until some kid's mother showed up.

I remember hearing news about more regulations and how the evil video games (along with arcades) were lowering grades for kids or something.

You know shit is fucked when arcades are forced to close during school hours because retarded kids would rather play video games than go to school and learn about the holohoax.

Come to think about it, arcades may have been preventing school shootings from happening, after all they were a place for rejects to feel welcome.

I typed in Arcade on google maps to find one near me.

Arcades are still alive over here. They suck though.

Does it still hurt? Think you can check em?

wait wait wait, there's TWO Dantes? Or is "young" Dante just the one from DMC2?

There is a pub close where I live with a lot of boards game… it's fun to pick risk or a random game and get drunk while playing

I can only vaguely remember playing Time Crisis. I was more of an Area 51 or Target Terror kid.