Poland's government moves to "polenise" foreign ownership of media and Sunday shopping

Jarosław Kaczyński, the most powerful politician in Poland, read a book about cats during a session of parliament on Friday.

Kaczyński, head of the ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party, was engrossed in “Atlas of Cats: Wild and Domestic” while lawmakers were discussing controversial plans to overhaul the justice system, the Associated Press reported. European Commission First Vice President Frans Timmermans said earlier this month the plans pose a “serious threat” to the independence of the country’s rule of law.

PiS spokeswoman Beata Mazurek later tweeted a picture of Kaczyński reading his book with the caption: “May the pre-holiday reading of chairman Jarosław Kaczyński encourage us to support animal shelters and the people who help animals.”

However, according to AP, opposition lawmaker Michal Szczerba said it was a PR stunt designed to soften cat-loving Kaczynski’s image even as “democracy is collapsing” in Poland.

“Let us not be fooled,” Szczerba, of the Civic Platform party, wrote on Twitter.

The cat book was published by Ringier Axel Springer, a Swiss-German publisher with a strong presence in Poland’s media market (Axel Springer is also co-owner of POLITICO Europe). PiS is pushing a law that would clamp down on foreign media ownership in Poland. The bill if passed would force all foreign owned news agencies (approximately 80% of Poland's media) to be sold, most likely into the hands of the now PiS dominated state or into the hands of the church.

politico.eu/article/poland-jaroslaw-kaczynski-cat-book-parliament/

archive.is/QoQEH

Poland’s ruling party approved a law that will gradually impose a ban on Sunday shopping, meeting the demand of its conservative Catholic supporters with a measure that risks undermining economic growth and hitting corporate profits and real-estate investors.

The Law & Justice party, which has vowed to pull the European Union’s largest eastern member out of the bloc’s mainstream and return it to its traditional roots, passed a law on Friday to force retail businesses to close for two Sundays a month next year and for all but a few exceptions in 2020. Backed by labor unions and the Catholic church, the bill must now be approved by the upper house of parliament and signed into law by President Andrzej Duda.

While other EU members force shops to close on Sundays and holidays, Poland’s economy is based largely on domestic consumption, and many companies depend on weekend shopping for a large part of their sales. An example is the country’s largest clothing retailer, LLP SA, where 18 percent of revenue comes from Sunday shoppers. Household consumption was the main driver of economic growth in the third quarter.

“Any restriction of economic activity, such as retail trade, results in weaker economic growth," Michal Dybula, a Warsaw-based economic strategist at Bank BGZ BNP Paribas, said by phone. “It may impact the earnings of affected companies, but consumers might also react by stockpiling goods."

Poland’s economy grew 4.7 percent in the third quarter from a year earlier, the biggest increase since 2011.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-24/poland-s-conservative-government-approves-ban-on-sunday-shopping

archive.is/7n9T9

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-18/religion-and-power-reunite-in-modern-poland
archive.is/hg05X
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aka: Jew saying youre obligated to be fooled

You forgot echos - (((Kaczyński)))

BYE BYE GERMAN-OWNED STUFF

totally not the jews

The jew fears the cat.

The pedo globalist west deserves to get kielbasied IDGAF.

Just when I think I can't love Poland any more, they again do something to be a shining example for the rest of us.

Imagine the kvetching when (((media))) shitting all day over Christians and Christianity get into hands of the people they hated so much. Not to mention weimar media will have trouble interfering with (((democracy)))
t. Traitor
OY GEVALT IT'S ANNUDAH SHOAH!

Kaczyński is a master ruseman

Polan becomes a kingdom when?

What the fuck did you just do user?
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-18/religion-and-power-reunite-in-modern-poland
archive.is/hg05X

ban on Sunday shopping is great. We have it in germany and Germany is the biggest economy in europe.
It helps farmers sell their stuff on sunday markets if they're allowed.

When pic related gets to power

Fucking finally
jesus i waited so long, now just pass it
and don't just limit NGO funding, ban them

Btw, can some of you Polish anons maybe share a good blog on Polish political commentary?
I watch Wozniak (Ator, channel called "wideoprezentacje"), but I'm fucking sick of his several hours of content featuring only his talking head. I would appreciate if someone would share another good channel which owner is less retarded on ad revenue meme, or otherwise I would reduce myself to only reading titles of his videos, as there's no fucking way in hell I'm watching / listening hours of polish speech.
Kill youself, my brain barely understands him as is.

The Polish language is the single greatest deterrent to foreign influence.

>oy vey, but the economy is the most important part of a country! Profit must be maximized, or else you'll end up like Africa! Society must bend to corporations, not the other way around! Trust us jews, we're economic (((experts)))!

thank god. I fucking hate TVN. This wil save Poland for good

Good. That used to be the norm here in the states, as well.

Of course they do. Cats eat rats, after all.

They going to jack off onto it?