What's the biggest and most soul crushing disappointment you have ever felt relating to video games?

What's the biggest and most soul crushing disappointment you have ever felt relating to video games?

Nintendo

city of heroes shutting down

it wasnt just a disappointment, it was goddamn devastating

Saints row the third. I loved 2 so much and thought Steelport would just be a flashier Stilwater. The sinking feeling in my stomach when I found you couldn't enter the aeroport was the first sign, and it was all downhill from there.
Also, the ending of pic related.

it still hurts

the 3ds library

TES: Oblivion

That they're never going to be good again
grand chase season 3, and then i continued playing anyway but the kikes shut down the game this year so everyone restarts on their shitty sequel that's literally the previous game copypasted

he actually bought a ps4 the absolute madman
wasn't the ps3 not having any games already enough?

/thread

Halfway in, when I realized I just wasn't having fun.

How is the level editor?

Myself

My fault for expecting quality from nuBlizzard

No fucking idea.

It killed my trust in Volition.

Nosgoth getting axed. Not because it was a good game itself, it was ehh at best. But because Square is now going to spin it as "eh, there's just not enough interest to make another Legacy of Kain game" and LOK will rot for all eternity in Square's IP graveyard.

Sega following up first pic related, with second pic related. Not only was it a step back in nearly every single way mechanically - but most of the online mode was content-locked-on-disk which was released at a snail's pace bi-weekly while they milked you for a monthly subscription fee. The game had an offline story mode, so to rub salt in the wound a little bit deeper, you could access 95% of what was denied to you online by playing the single-player story campaign.

The story, characters, setting, were all generic derivatives of classic Phantasy Star plot points put into a blender with generic flavor of the month anime.

All I really wanted was a proper Phantasy Star V single-player RPG, or at least an updated Phantasy Star Online - since nobody at the time was doing what PSO was, and doing it as well. I ended up getting both, and yet getting neither. And PSU just ended up grinding on my tits the whole time - but I couldn't bear to just cancel because it was still better than pretty much every other online RPG out there.

never forgetti

This. Waited 12 fucking years for this shit.

But SR 1 and 2 are broken, shit-tier GTA clones. The series finally grows into its own thing with 3 and fucking nails it, but then throws it all away again with 4.

The Bad Company franchise being left to die in place we get the ok BF3 then a trainwreck of shit…

I miss them Holla Forums

I disliked Bad Company
Shit felt too much like CoD
We'll never have pre-2142 Battlefield back again, will we?

Yeah im not talking about the online part of it, though I was a fucking beast at BC1 I played it on PS3 when I was a console pleb before I started playing CS, it's a shame they it's been left on a cliffhanger ending.

I loved the first two. I adored them, even. I gobbled up every piece of information released about the third one, eagerly awaiting a game that I thought would top – or at least match – its predecessors.

It didn't. Not even close. The new battle system sucked. The dialogue sucked. The graphics were so much worse. The quadruple protagonist bullshit just left each character underdeveloped and empty and led to a 'four lines, all waiting' scenario where nothing ever happened.

Worst of all? There's not even a proper war in it! It's a series about wars and revolutions, and 3 has some border skirmishes and then fighting a stupid summoner. And this is after spending the first half of the game building up to and alluding to a coming war with Harmonia (read: Fantasy Rome) which would have been downright fucking amazing, but nope. you get to deal with some stupid fucking emo summoner idiot who can't figure out how to kill himself so he needs your help to do it. First they hype up Zexen as being the only nation to ever truly beat Harmonia in a war and resist getting conquered by them, then they focus on border skirmishes with Harmonian soldiers, and then lolnope it was just illusions they were really monsters and Harmonia is on your side actually helping. Stupid. So stupid.

Yeah, I mad. And 4 was worse. At least 5 was a half decent sendoff for the series.

me3

I remember getting it for Christmas in 2012, my 3DS was a paperweight at the time so I hoped Paper Mario would be worth the wait. It turned out to be a disappointment along with most of the other games I played on 3DS.

But that's what I liked about it. Despite the very low budget it had compared to GTA, the first two games, namely the second in particular, had great radio stations, a fun city to explore, loads of shit to do, god-tier character customization, and fun combat. Plus it also didn't have pointless moral choices.

I liked ZTD overall. Considering a few years ago it looked like the series was never going to conclude, things could have been worse.

Spore comes second only to the demise of RuneScape for me. It wasn't the best game but god damn if it didn't have a truly vibrant playerbase that I haven't seen since.

brink
it was what made me stop believing in anything that looked promising being good

please tell me the new south park game will fix that

The fucking day when Dark Souls II was released. My soul went dark :^) or BLACKED that day.

The best part of SR2 was that it perfectly meshed being funny and being serious. SR3 just threw out most/all of the serious stuff and became lolsorandumb AKA fucking shit.

The 7th generation in general destroyed my hope for the future of vidya. Coming off of the games of the 90s and early 2000s, I was expecting it to be more of the same. But it was just one disappointment after another. Actually that's not accurate. It was more like one single, collective disappointment with many heads.

Seeing the Dead Rising series turn to Saint's Row The Third-tier cancer.

It wasn't just that, SR3 barely had any payoff or build up. You kill the Morning Star boss within 2 hours of gameplay and then some guy wearing a wrestling mask takes his place.

It's sad because with DR4 I at least hoped it would learn a lot after the mixed reception to 3.

GTA 3, VC and SA perfectly meshed being funny and serious. I didn't enjoy the story in SR 2 at all, and I couldn't enjoy the exploration since it's a laggy, broken, buggy mess with shit controls. With 3 they decided to break away from the 'shitty gta clone' mold and go completely over the top, and it worked.

When was the moment that you knew it was shit?

For me, it was the very first ogre you encounter right before the witches. I saw the grab coming, rolled out… and was promptly teleported back into the grab and eaten.

Runescape was always doomed to die. The whole game was very much grind central and jagex kept fucking with it and could never replicate what they did right the first time. They even added GE back into oldschool rs for some fucking reason.
The key things they did get absolutely right were the great questing and the god-tier music. Is Ian Taylor still at jagex, I wonder? Guy was an unsung legend.
I get the pang to play it every so often, but I know it won't be the same ever again

oblivion

hit me hard and hit me while i was young and naive

And you think Capcom would learn to avoid pulling another DmC: Devil may Cry with turning one of their characters into someone clearly not them. They should've just called the guy Wank Fest. What sucks even more is the fact that unlike 3 despite being the piece of shit that wants The Walking Dead audience, it still had a timer in place but in 4? Pfft, no need to do mulitple playthroughs or memorize anything anymore! Just kill zombies, go at your own leisure!

either a retard or baiting

When I realized the new director believed the "prepare to die XD" meme. The game wasn't about thoughtful enemy placement, coherent worlds, or a grand adventure in a ruined world.

It was about throwing hordes of enemies / bosses against you. If you managed to survive, here's a world that is completely disconnected from the next. Hey, here's a mountain; now, check it out! Lava!
Also, the game was so fucking bloated playing it became a chore. It wasn't fun at all. When I finally got to Nashandra and beat her, this was my reaction: "OK, now finally on to the final boss."
THEN THE FUCKING CREDITS STARTED ROLLING.
I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't believe it.
The pain and suffering that game caused me was too much.

You realize the saints row 2 PC port was sloppily done and is shit right? That's why the negative reviews are there. In order to be played properly and above 30 fps the game needs to be modded. They don't even try to update the game to fix the issues.

:^)

Retards wanted "Old School" to mean "Not EoC" as opposed to 2007 perfection.

Crysis 2

Never got hyped for a game again

We posting shit steam games with good reviews?

image 2
Were your parents related before they got married?

I lied to myself for a long time.

I didn't expected much yet I was still disappointed. It is just that shit.

Rayman Raving Rabbids
next might be Deathwing, hopefully not

Yes, which took the game from being mediocre to fucking terrible.

Then it's a bad fucking game, nigger. That excuse will never fly.

Steam reviews simply show what people who actually purchased and played the game think, as opposed to edgy contrarians who like shitting on certain games because they're popular.

Furfags enjoy furfag VNs.

This was the wake up call that Tim Schafer was shit and never will make a good game again.
It was also the last game I bought at launch. I never am making that mistake again.

This was proof that Tim Schafer always was a hack.

okay then

The fact that they never even really closed the Harmonian arc at all leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

I liked it

As I said, it is what paying customers think instead of edgy contrarians who just want to shit on something because it's popular.

I played this game, I can tell you it's worth 5/10, average, and that's if we are being generous, if you want to follow the reviews that's fine, but you will never fix your shit taste

have you ever engaged in a real argument or do you always just smirk harder and harder and hope everyone thinks that you won

This shit! I remember avoiding all kind of spoilers as for every time i'm a bit late for games people spoiled the entire game, but i was such a faggot for not realizing that this would be the biggest train wreck i have ever seen since Sonic 06, this game is what finally made me lost all hope for Nintendo seeing as this is they type of shit they do to anything that is not Mario,Zelda or Poemon related.

just because it's a shit pc port doesn't mean it's a bad game you fucking mentally deficient parasite

do not reply to shitposters

anyone who takes the time to actually save smug reaction images to use on the internet is not worth discussing things with

he's probably some pathetic twink/fat virgin who uses irony to cover up his crippling, miserable life. keep in mind these retards will do ID changes and other such shit just to make it look like other people agree with them

Doubt it. Let me guess, you "played it at a friend's house"?
That was certainly the opinion here before it was even released. On the slim chance that you're telling the truth and actually own the game, I encourage you to create a well written review for it on Steam so that people whose tastes align with your own know to avoid it.
I look at them for what they are: The opinions of people who actually own the game. Nothing more, nothing less. I've saved many a shekel by avoiding games (even generally well-reviewed titles) after reading a few reviews by people whose tastes align with my own and highlight specific problems that would really get in the way of me enjoying a game.
Not an argument.

As I own it on PC, and the sloppy port job took the game from mediocre to bad, SR2 on PC is by definition a bad game.

case in point

I don't think you understand user, I am unable to write a review on steam because I have obtained the game through other means

I'm 99% sure ad3efa is a Volition or Deep Silver employee.

trips of truth, the question is, do they have any left?

Come on, man. You don't need to lie. We both know you've never played it and are just playing the contrarian. It's Bloodborne threads all over again.

Shoo shoo deep silver/volition. Maybe if you spent less time defending your shitty games, you'd have more time to make actual good games again.

denubo was broken for it, why wouldn't I besides wasted bandwidth? also, some people on Holla Forums said it was decent. besides, when I think about it, more like 3/10, 5/10 in post 2007 gaming

Again, this is right up there with the "bloodborne is shit i played it at a friend's house XD".

You aren't fooling anyone.

if this is bait, it's a bad one

Battlefield 3, Red Orchestra 2, Payday 2, Killing Floor 2.
Was reluctant enough to avoid the last one though.

Id say XCOM2 and Witcher 3 were a dissapointment, but I wasnt expecting much and I didnt buy them.

That's hard to say. Probably GW2.

Or now that I've seen it maybe Red Orchestra 2. So many broken promises. I don't know why you'd expect anything better from KF2 once you'd experienced RO2 though.

Steam reviews are not the best metric for deciding the absolute quality of a game.

For instance, NMS would have been better received if it hadn't been hyped to shit.

Marketing should have gone for the, "This is just an alpha, we're still adding shit," approach that Star Citizen, Rodina, etc. have been pulling for the last few years.

Two choices. Two choices ruined that entire game. It had so much promise, too.

Can you imagine GW1 gameplay set in the GW2 world? Sure, the whole persistent world thing didn't turn out to be all that great, but it still would've been worth playing if only they hadn't fucked up the core mechanics that made GW1 work.

The whole world first Yogg0 debacle in WoW. My guild never gave up and we were so fucking close to getting the out-of-nowhere kill on it. Then Stars came along and in the spirit of true chinamen, zerged rushed the shit out of the fight by stacking 8 Warlocks who basically did twice as much DPS on the critical part of the fight as any other class. Instead of min-maxing and playing perfectly, they just class stacked. They also stacked 4? Hunters to handle the hardest part of the fight, which we had to do with 1 Hunter because we didn't have 250 fucking members to choose from.

But that's not what I'm still bitter and disappointed about. It's what they did after they got the kill: they not only posted a video of the kill before any other guild could beat it, they also posted a very detailed strat explaining in detail how to beat a fight that had been deemed impossible to beat by some retard on a WoW fan forum. Before Stars did this, the top US/EU raiding guild had a gentlemen's agreement regarding world first kills: you didn't post the video or the strat or even a screenshot if the screenshot compromised the strat until AFTER a few other guilds had done the fight.

Oh hey Paragon beat us by 2 days on this fight but we beat them on the next fight but Exodus beat us both on the first fight but trailed behind after that. World first was still a big deal, but world second and third and so on still mattered because it showed how good the other guilds who competed for the top spots were.

Post Yogg0 and Stars changed all this and it marked a huge turning point in MMO history: you now had to post the video of your kill before anyone else did to rob them of their accomplishment. What was a competition turned into a mad rush to world first. Raiding 16 hours a day in shifts didn't exist before Stars did what they did. You didn't create 6 alts on top of a mirror alt.

Ya fuck you Stars, fucking assholes ruining everyone else's fun for some epeen.

I realize Blizzard's retardedness also had a part to play in the whole 16h/day bullshit, but Stars changed how the game was played.

I've heard of this faggot but actually hearing hm talk is a whole new level of disgust

I was expecting all the shekels from the newfags who praised RO2 to go the normalfag franchise for an actual good game.
I was expecting John not to be an SJW cuck.
I was expecting them to at least let the community do half the work and not sell out to consoles.
Guess I was too optimistic, especially since the forums nowadays are the biggest fucking hugbox Ive seen in a while.

I keep forgetting

Of course. Being purposefully vague and then outright lying on several occasions about what your game will contain is a surefire way of getting those pre-order shekels, and then having it bite you in the ass the second people get their hands on it.

If that lying numale britcuck had never ran his fucking mouth all over the place, and then set the price at something realistic for the content provided (~$15), of course it would have gotten better reviews; but that didn't happen, so those reviews perfectly align with the quality of product you're getting for sixty fucking dollarydoos.

Well user they'll probably release a remastered version of BC1 and BC2 to test the water. I wouldn't mind a PC port of 1 either. The SP portion of BC2 was deeply enjoyable, fuck the MP half.

If you were smart enough to have checked pcgamingwiki before you played you'd realise this is a common issue with the admittedly terrible PC port and it can be fixed with fucking 5 minutes and a fanpatch.

It's still have forced SJW shit and wouldn't let me purge the Charr. A lot of why I liked GW1 was the surprisingly solid story (for an MMO). I'd certainly have liked more content though.

Fuck TWI. Selling out on everything you once stood for and fucking over the fans who raised you from a lowly mod team to a proper dev is never forgiveable.

I hated it 30 seconds in and I still watched the entirety of it.

lol

maybe, but it would still a game with no content, no reason to exist, and buggy as all fucks to boot

reading his ED

Agreed.

Half-Life 2 Episode 3

Witcher 3 no having mod tools

What a surprise, the same faggot who likes Fallout 3 and hates New Vegas has shit taste, who would have thought.

Either this piece of shit, or what happened to World of Warcraft. Hard to tell, since they both killed me around the same time.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that
Cant wait to see the consolized dissapointing shitty mess that 2077 will be.
I wonder if the rabid CDPR shills that were here from January to May are still here.

I'm not sure what I expected with CSGO, I thought it was never going to live up to the previous two games, but I didn't expect it to be so fucking cancerous.

/thread

you'd think someone with such a huge brain would be smarter

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Are you saying if one version of the game is bad every version is bad? Because that makes no sense. If you're trying to say that specific port can't be excused just because it's of a game that was once good, that is fine, though.

Holy shit, I remember I heard something about these things before, but my God.

I also remember he liked Duke Nukem Forever, Thief Deadly Shadows and Deus Ex Invisible War.
For someone who calls himself the Rageaholic he likes pretty much every game you give him unless it's CoD because that's the cool game to hate and proves that he clearly has good taste if he beats the dead horse like everyone else.

Also one last thing that grinds my gears

Oh goody, I love Spore threads.

For me it was like this

It went from one of the best MMO to one of the worst right before my eyes.
Later found out they went full social justice by editing a lot of "sexy armor", removing barbie doll pelvises under dresses, changing the female human running animation and completely removing one of their idle animations for being too "sexually suggestive".

it got bumped from meh to decent for me since Thi4f released

I find it hard to personally hate spore.
I wasn't on the hype train, and when I did end up getting it, the debacle was long over.
I'm still retroactively disappointed, but retroactive disappointment just isn't the real deal.

Warframe, on the other hand, managed to make me uninstall in disgust, an achievement only shared by fucking Mayday.
Even Payday at least managed to return to a tolerable state, I'm still mad at DE for what they did in the Second Dream update.

Jesus Christ, this.

Waited years for this shit. I poured well over 2000+ hours into Morrowind and all of its expansions. The thought of a bigger, prettier, more expansive follow-up to that was so damn incomprehensible.

Apparently it was incomprehensible to Bethesda too, because all we got was that dumbed down, consolized turd.

I put it down after 20 hours. I've never felt actively *depressed* from a video game before.

Kill yourself.

It launched as a boring, uninspired MMO that removed almost everything that was good about the predecessor while also not living up to over half the bullshit they promised in the pre-launch hype.
It launched with one neat gimmick, in the "no holy trinity" vein, but even fucked that up by making classes boring and dungeons awful.

warframe was shit since they added the liset, maybe even earlier

you are actually right user, lowering standards because of a shit game is stupid

Look retard, as much as I dislike Guild Wars 2, they didn't "implement" fractals because people were quitting the shitty game. You don't design, create, test, debug and test and debug and test content in an MMO over a 3 fucking month period. The scale of fractals was huge enough that they probably spend at the very least 6 to 8 month actively working on it.

But yes, the gear treadmill in a game that touted itself as having no gear treadmill was retarded. Class balance was retarded. PvP was retarded. LagvsLag was retarded. Dungeons were fucking LAUGHABLE. I mean they actually fired all their dungeon devs because the dungeons were so god damn bad. The only good parts of the game were exploring zones for the first time and finding puzzles and jumping puzzles, doing fractals before 50+ was locked and running the place became a science and that one fucking kid making fun of Logan in that one cutscene.

Same here. Thousands of hours in Morrowind. Pirate Oblivion. Wow this is horrible. Do Fighter's Guild. Holy shit this is irredeemable. Run into random roadside bandits in glass armor. Uninstall.exe.

My experience all started with the postface "Unlike WoW" since practically every other MMO I'd every played at the time were disgusting Korean grindfests.

Unlike WoW I wasn't just trading blows.
Unlike WoW I had to take in my surroundings, evade, block and dictate my enemies movements.
Unlike WoW it really punished casual shitasses who just sit there.
Unlike WoW I didn't have to look for the quest NPC and Return to the quest NPC to complete every quest.
Unlike WoW I didn't need to go to a bank to feed it my stacks of materials.
Unlike WoW I didn't have to find a mailbox to send and receive mail.
Unlike WoW the graphics weren't slightly upgraded shit from 2004.
Unlike WoW the lore wasn't as horrible fucking raped.
Unlike WoW my armor wasn't a horrible mishmash of vomit.
Unlike WoW your class didn't matter so much.
Unlike WoW I wasn't having resorce nodes, mobs and loot stolen from me because of personal phasing, shared exp and separate loot tables.
Unlike WoW I commonly played with other people out in the god damn world and we were all rewarded for our cooperation with each other!
Unlike WoW I didn't have to deal with the guild drama caused by raiding with all the control freaks and drama queens.
Unlike WoW I could be in multiple guilds.
Unlike WoW exploration was rewarding.

I had fun with it for about 2 months before all that bullshit around Christmas forever ruined it by turning it into just another pile of monotonous filth like every other MMO

no Half Life 3

Unless you played any class other than Thief or, sometimes, Mesmer
Kiting was a thing well before WoW. Sure, you now had a designated block button which hadn't been included in other games at least a year before…
Again, unless you played any class other than Thief or Mesmer
Yes, a giant heart on the map is so much better than having quest givers.
Conveniences.
And the game performed horribly, and still performs horribly. Shit on WoW's graphics all you want, but at least it can run on modern systems and toasters without feeling like you're trying to play Just Cause 3 on a PC from 1992.
Whoa hold up back the fuck up. The rest of the bullshit in your post is immediately invalidated by this retarded fucking statement.

Even Condi Necros who had the highest DPS/survivability couldn't face tank stuff.

Valid point, that other guy never played WoW before heirlooms or cataclysm trivialized leveling.

Everything enemy punished every class and every build if they just "stood there".

Hearts were dumb but needed because outside of the Orr, there wasn't enough to do in each zone.

Useful ones to be sure.

Lore was raped, no argument.

This is one of the best things GW2 did: you played with other people instead of against.

Remember when Valve were the good guys?

Now consider that everyone who played GW1 feels about GW2 how you feel about WoW.

You played a bad game and you think it's good because you never played a good game to compare it to.

I also bought a PS4 controller only

I was one of them, I had faith that CDPR would keep their promise of the REDKIT3, despite the very disapointing graphics downgrade and cutting of content (like Iorveth and Saskia having a role in TW3 but that was axed).

I liked the game, but I expected this game to last at least for a few years.

Saints Row: The Third. Could have been good if they didn't decide to go down the Reddit humor route and killing off their main antagonist early in the story. Saints Row IV wasn't good either.

Grand Theft Auto IV. So many neat features, but ruined by a terrible story and gameplay.

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. After the romance period ended, I realized it was pretty disappointing and barebones as an RPG.

Hotline Miami 2. Terrible fucking ending.

Mass Effect 3. Obvious reasons why it was shit.

Payday 2. Obvious reasons why it was shit.

World of Warcraft. Once I finally get to play it for the first time when Wrath of the Lich King was around. Realized it was just like any other MMORPG I had been playing when I was poor.

Started to come to the realization that Western developers and games are mostly garbage, and now I mostly just play Japanese games like Persona, SMT, God Eater and other shit.

Happy to get some recommendations of either Western developers or Eastern developers.

Makes me want to start playing on a private PSO server with Holla Forums

The last 10 years.

made me realize that even """""based""""" devs in the AAA vidya space are no better than shit-ass publishers that buy them

also the 2011 Syndicate reboot fits this description in exact order, but for the formerly "based" Starbreeze instead of DICE

Thats what happens though when Valve basically evolves to meme status, they think they can do no wrong. At least until recently where it became apparent that the Valve that made games was dead.

But hey at least there are loads of games and sales on the Steam client I guess.

PS VITA
enough said.
A console that deserves a thread on >>>/just/

So many Op,

Test Drive unlimited 2 : a racing game whit a good potential totally destroyed and abandoned by Atari.

Tomb Raider ( the new generation) : is this even tomb raider. ?

Mass Effect 3 : i keep crying at nights thinking about Liara.

WoW : its not even an rpg anymore.

State of decay : that will teach me to not buy another xbox esclusive port on Pc.

I miss when devs use to make games, finished them and put their hearts and souls into it.

The gameplay and level design (mostly the level design) are nowhere near as good as the original Hotline Miami
But the story and soundtrack are so damn good that it is my favourite of the two

Black and White. I thought it was going to be a revolution, then the game comes out and it's just so underwhelming and bland. I was trying hard to convince myself it was good, but it didn't work.

I remember this was back in the time PlanetQuake was hot shit, and they had a PlanetBlackAndWhite. It was alright before the game launch, always had some bit of news to offer, but then after the game hit, there was nothing to publish anymore. The game didn't have anything worth mentioning. I recall the main news guy quit soon after release, and I can only guess as to the reason.

It would be the first but definitely not the last time Molyneux let me down.

Do

Not

Fucking

Type

This

You

Cunts

don't spoonfeed faggot

Mang you can play a WoW private server back before things went horribly wrong

I'm doing that right fucking now. Doing heroic SLabs

Gross, die

As someone who has literally never posted on Reddit ever

Go fuck yourself

Reddit spacing is a myth dreamt up by psychotically paranoid anons

now this is some poor fitting in, go back to reddit

Nigger people have typed like that since before 8ch was around. I saw it on 4chan quite often.

Never been disappointed with any game tbh, just always assumed they were all going to be shit. If you never have any hopes in them to begin with, you never get disappointed

But he didn't mention reddit specifically…

>IMPLYING

Literally the most autistic fucking thing someone can cry about.

tl;dr:

Deal

w/

it

u

fukken

nerd

Trials Fusion

It would have been a lot better if the levels weren't full of enemies with guns from the get go. Not really fun to go on a baseball bat rampage when you keep getting killed by guys with guns who aren't even onscreen

>>>/reddit/

I'm hanging out here, in Halfchan AND on Reddit and you can't stop me.

Because let's face it, you go there too.

I despise people like you

But ZTD concluded absolutely nothing. It just made VLR moot by shifting the blame from Brother to another random fuck. Also it concluded fuck all for Akane and Junpei. It's D-team and Brother play the parent trap while some assholes do irrelevant shit - the game.

this marks the final days of my hope in video games

the pc controls suck ass without a controller but apart from that i had fun

Guild Wars 1 into Guild Wars 2

Shit, I remember old RS, when I played it as a young retard who can't into bargaining, getting fleeced left and right on selling coal and raging whenever I got lured into a trap in the wild. It was fun. The GE allowed retards like me to make a lot of money quick, but it felt like the spirit of the game died – there were far fewer players in every bank, shouting their sales pitch, and if you played a free account like me, the limitations of that suddenly started to hit you now that you had money

what

are

you

gonna

do

about

it

pussy

bitch

Please out yourself as reddit / retards in the future too. Makes filtering shitty posters so much easier.

It was MGSV. I preordered, waited until midnight to play it day one. Had fun until the game completely fell apart at the end and I realized it was incomplete and nothing that I expected. It was like MGS2 but if MGS2 was incomplete and Raiden didn't have a character.

keep that butthurt flowing chappies, the more you filter me the stronger i get

The current gen of console gaming.
I mean, I never bought an xbawks or a ps4, but it's just sad to see the shit the modern consumer will gladly take.

This right here fams.

lmoa

All previous MGs delivered.

Not all of us are casual cucks, user.

not an argument

As opposed to "it delivered!"

Because they did.

Naw

not an argument

Source? I was actually pretty fucking mad about Iorveth and Saskia not being in TW3

Naw

not an argument :^)

You know, the worst thing about this is is not that I knew (and so did everyone else) that it was going to be shit. The worst thing for me is that I am 27 years old and the next Paper Mario game is not coming out any time soon. I will long cease to care about the series (if they actually make a sequel) and this was basically my last chance to get a good Paper Mario game.

The fact Valve turned into hat and skin selling jews sustaining Russian-infested ASSFAGGOTS and shit shooters instead of releasing episode 3.

Nobody cares.

wat? What happened to runescape?

Jools and Jops dying on the last few levels

samefag

What's this "reddit spacing"? Are we witnessing the birth of another epic meme?

IT

KEEPS

HAPPENING

It's just another unfunny forced meme like "cumskin"

?

Go away reddipol :^)
reddipol is the new cumskin, just wait for it

You know how we call indians "shitskins"? Well there was some butthurt autist that tried to make "cumskin" a thing completely missing the point of what it's based on

God damn I fucking hate what Garry's mod turned into.

It used to have a great variety of servers and a great playerbase.

Thanks to ecelebs it turned into absolute cancer.

Is not just HL3, that fat fuck don't care about making good games anymore

Period

sorry no you're just fucking retarded

i was pretty disappointed when i found out that mount and blade didn't have multiplayer campaign/co-op
what a missed opportunity

Having any hope in the medium after it became mainstream.

Realizing that all the time I spent playing games could have been spent climbing mountains, becoming an eagle scout, and learning wonderful skills like sailing instead of vegetating in front of a screen because my parents didn't feel like directing my autism in a productive direction.

Yet another thread destroyed by reddit spacing fags
Can we go one thread without some retard sperging out over formatting?

Just one thread. That's all I ask

REDDIT SPACING GUIDE FOR NEWFAGS

REDDIT SPACING IS:

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

==REDDIT SPACING IS NOT:

This is a sentence. This is a sentence. This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

REDDIT SPACING GUIDE FOR NEWFAGS

REDDIT SPACING IS:

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

This is a sentence.

REDDIT SPACING IS NOT:

This is a sentence.

Seriously, it's dumb.

Everything after the 5th console generation

The new meme is that reddit spacing was actually always a thing which isn't the case at all. It happened, sure, but it happened seldom enough to not warrant raising an eyebrow. Now every other post looks like it was written by reddit/TRS fags whose posting styles still bear the cultural markings of those websites. It's incumbent upon us to shed them of these bad habits.

damn you write like a fag

This is highschool all over again, fuck.

Nice dubs.
You still write like a fag though.

Yeah I'm sure the reason why you were unpopular in high school was because you were so much smarter than everyone else

you talk like fags and your shit's all fucked up

In the six or so years of reddit being the new gaia, I've only seen complaints about reddit spacing in just this year, what gives?

Heh, losers.. In the internet I am the alpha, not a feeble being for your inconsistent provocations. This is my domain.

Pro-tip: don't talk about reddit and use uncommon words at the same time.

I've noticed nobody agreed with you. Holla Forums confirmed to nintendo playground?

I agree, so hard.

I just did. It was after you posted it though.

Warcraft lore being raped and it becoming most boring MMO possible.
Starcraft scene being killed and lore being so fucking bad it is not even a joke.
Diablo III

Basically Blizzard. Since then I have no hope in my life and in games.

Oh yeah and 3DS hardware. Since this I also have no hope in consoles.

Ultima 9. I dare you to try to finish this mess. Hard mode: play the launch version.

I was expecting the 3DS to at LEAST be 600x360p, honestly.
THEN 1200x360 in 3D. It would have looked fucking gorgeous, look at the video in 360p and imagine it slightly jaggier, not to the point of the actual 3DS though.

This resolution now is a fucking eye strain, especially in non-IPS screens.

I like how nostalgia googles work. Many of Plebbit Top 10s were insanely shitty in their time.

I mean look at this, this thing would have been a portable gamecube for fucks sake! With the screen smaller than the vita, it would look sharp as fuck, the XL models wouldn't look half bad either.

Basically any game I get excited for is a massive disappointment.

Not to mention they released N3DS with same resolution as original 3DS.

You know what is worst part?
3DS have a lot of good titles and besides screen and processing power it is solid thing to play on. If you want good games you are literally forced to play them in 240p.

Add onto the fact that Half Life 2 (Not the episodes) is forever going to be a watered down shooter because of a german hacker in 2003 meaning that the true cyber dystopia with a much wider array of enemy diversity will forever be gone. And Valve rather than add more enemies in the expansions added 3 new ones. The Zombine for episode one, the antlion worker and hunter for episode 2. Cremators, combine assassins, super soldiers, the fucking hydra, all gone with their concepts forever to wither away.

Half Life got cancer when it hit its sequel. It got chemo and stayed alive for episode 1 and 2, but it died before it could reach episode 3.

Explain?

So if I remember right the hacker got to play some early version of half life 2 and bragged about it etc etc but why did they ditch that version then to create a whole different one? How is that the hackers fault?

It may not be his fault per say but it was the start of a chain of events that lead to the current day Half Life 2.

All I see is butthurt devs that cant handle the fact that some people saw an early version

1. Saints Row 3
2. FFXI became shit
3. Skyrim removed spell making and destroyed enchanting

it's more about you being impossible to differentiate from a literal retard and the extent of your stupidity so grand, your lack of reasoning so big that it's not worth it to throw some common sense in your head and it's better to just sit back and laugh.
The smuggest faces are only used on people like yourself who lack the barins and self awareness to have an informed opinion

Seeing people earnestly defending Denuvo.

Steam I can understand. I could write a god damn paper on how Steam basically restored PC gaming as the dominant platform.

Denuvo has done absolutely fucking nothing positive, it's basically SecuRom bullshit and needs to fucking die.

he posts drumpf, of course he's a auck

And thats all they were and still are. Fuck Valve.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I haven't bought a single game since its release. I was naive as fuck back then. COD:MW2 and its insultingly bad PC-port with forced Steam DRM made me realize how rotten the industry is and made me play older games instead. Before 2009 I wasted more time playing games than hitting F5.

Surely there were other disappointments before like Oblivion compared to Morrowind, but it was only the COD:MW2 that changed my perspective. I used to believe that video games get progressively better and better as the time goes by. Peer-to-peer servers, what the fuck? Kill-streak after every kill, what the fuck? 10 years later I'll still be mad.