I don't want to be that guy, but this is looking pretty nice

I don't want to be that guy, but this is looking pretty nice
Can someone explain to me how the game works financially?
What is the footage from? Is this multiplayer?
If I buy the base pack for it when it comes out, can I actually get ingame money to buy better ships or are those locked behind a paywall forever?
Does the single player come with the standard ship purchase or is that extra? Is it even still planned?

I'm very confused

Believe me, it will be just like that
I really wish that "totally not Dune" worm wasnt scripted though.

I fucking love giant/colossal creatures, fantasy or otherwise and there are few games like Dark Souls and EDF that scratch that itch as they arent severely railroaded fights.

Yeah, giant critters are neat.

it looks like a better looking version of no mans sky at this point. you can get hyped, when they show some actual gameplay that doesnt look simplistic as fuck.

they sell jpegs for 500bucks a piece to retards.
if you just want the game with a cheap shitty ship its around 50 bucks i believe. but there is no reason to buy it at this point, since the current build is borderline unplayable.

a scripted as fuck demo showing a bunch of supposedly unscripted features, like weather and wildlife.
i guess its going to be multiplayer at some point if they dont go bankrupt first, but even the singleplayer component is still months out, so dont expect it in the next 2 years.

supposedly, you'll see for yourself if it ever comes out.

it was supposed to come out the end of this year and in a twist that surprised no one it was delayed for a few months.

I gotta watch the Dune movie again. They pulled off the worms perfectly.

It's an engine without a game. And the demo was highly scripted. How many times will you fall for this? How are they going to make gameplay that makes the huge scope of the game fun?

It's from Alpha 3.0, an update that is set to release about 4-7 months from now.
Not strictly, the enemies he fights are AI, but it would work 100% the same in multiplayer, they have demonstrated that already
You can buy any ship ingame, nothing functional (weapons or ships or such) is locked behind a real money paywall. Note that this does not apply to the current alphas, you can only rent ships for a limited time using ingame currency.
Right now I think the single player needs to be purchased separately. If you buy one of the "SC STARTER" packs, that will give you access to the multiplayer aspects, but not the singleplayer campaign. Both the SP campaign and the starter packs cost $45 on their own, combo packs cost $60.

They'll never learn. No matter how many times they're lied to, they still think pre-release footage is real.

I'm finally jaded enough to be looking through the curtain at people falling for this hype and recognizing them as absolute fucking morons, as I once was.

Will we ever learn, or will there always be a perpetual cycle of new people growing up to swallow down the latest bullshit?

I think the art direction is far worse and the planets looks much emptier. I suppose the GRAFICS is better but that doesn't mean much when the landscapes and ships are less interesting than what you see in Space Engine. I'm almost willing to bet money on that NMS will be the better game when all is said and done, if this pile of shit even ever gets out the door.

It's a very underrated film.

What? I've heard nothing but praise for the movie.

I like the more realistic look, but then i though no mans sky looked like shit.

thats harsh. to be fair to star citizen, the space combat is already leagues ahead of anything no mans sky had to offer.
if it is actualy ever released i have no doubt that it will blow no mans sky out of the water.

It's almost always forgotten these days and at the time it was very poorly received. Bookfags also have a mixed opinion of it.

You lack imagination. The thing is that this is supposed to be an MMO so just think of all the issues that could come up. NMS scrapped even the Soul's like multiplayer due to it not working out at all. These guys are obviously more well staffed and funded but still. It's going to be the greatest salt happening at least for a decade when this crashes and burns.

Book is God Tier from what I heard though.
Putting that in film probably wasnt easy, and if it was received badly then it didnt even pander to normalfags.

NMS was made by like a dozen cucklords in a year or two, SC actually has the money to hire programmers that can do things and they seem to be trying pretty hard to do just that, and it's going to have been in the making for like a decade by the time they release. Plus, the multiplayer already more or less works, but I guess actual judgment will have to wait until 3.0 is out since they are reworking a lot about MP.

Im pretty sure theyll make it due to all the cultists and money coming in.
I do belive it wont live to expectations and it will buggy as shit besides MP issues.

It was directed by David Lynch. I don't know who that crazy fuck would pander to.

The book series is really great, I recommend them for some comfy reading. Just stay away from the stuff by Frank's son.

I don't know what you are talking about. Dune has only two books.

Hey, they're not that bad. I admit they got really weak towards the end though.

Goddamn son

Aye, I will

A sequel is still a series user

I never felt for this.
Again, I'm going to be that guy, but this has already shown much more actual gameplay shit than No man's sky ever did

And this is built on top of the standard Elite: Dangerous features of space trading, exploration and multiplayer interaction, which I really really love.

How many pretend ships have you bought?

None, but I do wish I had backed it when it was still on kickstarter.

Enjoy your deception.

This game is the "early-acces" bullshit taken to the infinity. They show a scripted demo and a bunch of delusional faggots start to drool.

Since when the demos presented by the devs themselves are a indicator of quality?

Go ahead and fall for it. Molyneux and Tedd shit all over again.

I'm not going to buy it until it's out of course, I'm just saying that it seems like they are putting a lot of work into it and not rushing things.

Seems dumb do think that anybody that shows a little bit of interest for something is either automatically a shill or a "delusional faggot".
There's no need to be this edgy user

Since they have delivered on the demos they presented. You're hardly the first person to complain about scripted demos and >lol it's never gonna work, but they delivered AC and multicrew along with FPS and those were very hot topics for shitposting at the time. They were both way too fucking late and they had issues, but it was largely the same shit they showed off before. And yeah, the game's missions are going to be scripted and the locations where they take place pre-constructed, not randomly generated, much like the demo. This isn't exactly something they're trying hard to hide.

I LITERALLY CANNOT LOSE

Wow, what a fucking accomplishment. Basically every game has done this

Honestly, with all the things Chris is going to keep adding into his magnum opus, will any computer short of the quantum level be capable of even handling the game.

Has there ever been a fast landing onto one of the platforms? I'm sick of devs being referred to as "best/better pilot" when every landing is a hover and float down which on planets is fucking retarded

The longer he delays it, the better hardware will be.

Credit where it's due they have a pretty good LOD system on the newer assets (that they will have to add to all older assets because they are making ships first then making them work second).

I hope it's a good game or at least motivates someone to make a good space game but I'm not holding my breath..

No, your ship breaks apart if you land too quick. They do go extra slow in the demos though to make sure they don't fuck up completely. I don't get why don't they just implement a precision maneuvering control mode though, if nothing else to make their demos easier.

Just a reminder
This shit is just gonna end up like Freelancer but with more pay 2 win

Sure.
And so on.

I can already see the crowbcat video.

Listen. It's marketing hype. It's about as much gameplay as you get from your average battlefield trailer and it has received ridiculous funds and spent them on a fucking door in their office space.

I get that you think it's going to be good and you want to share in the Hype with some faggots on Holla Forums.

Don't.

How many hype threads barring yours do you see on Holla Forums right now? No, don't count the "This is a game that's in development!" or "This is a game that's released! How is it?" or "We're playing this free game right now, wanna join." just generic hype threads about a game that has yet to even exist in a state that anywhere near resembles a full game?

That answer would be none, but oh wait, this fucking thread exists.

Everyone is calling you a shill because this is a low-energy marketing strat. You have not played the game. You are not showing off anything resembling genuine gameplay. IYou are not even bothering to go out and instead of asking an imageboard consisting of anonymous tards to go out of your way and search for the answer to your own stupid and insolent questions.

This entire thread completely defeats the logic of its own creation meaning that the initial opening statement was either a fabrication or plea from a mentally stunted abortion of nature and since this board is so magnanimous to grant you the title of "Slightly Smarter Than Dogshit" we have to assume its the former.

So this either means youre a cancerous faggot who's riding on the waves of post-ironic baiting and merely pretending to be retarded and filling the board with like-minded idiots who think they're in good company or alteernatively, you're a genuine shill who thinks this place is a good waste of your employers time and money.

If you're the former, congratulations, you rustled my jim jams and filled the board with more mindless idiots. Except those mindless idiots will be boring to bait because 90% of your post-satirical bullshit will fly directly over their heads and everyone with the brain cells to catch on has either promptly left or started huffing paint to deal with the pain.

If you're a shill, congratulations on landing your shitty $7 per hour job working for as an outsourced dipshit who ranks somewhere between "intern" and "office monkey" and have earned no followers, no bonus, not even recognition for your blatant act of stupidity as you act as yet another cog in the machine of a mindless, soulless, corporate conglomerate.

Regardless of your inclination, you are a fucking idiot and deserve every piece of scolding you get you massive faggot.

Nice pasta

lots of effort for a hired shitposter

Star Citizen shill here.

Why do you hate us?

wot?

>>>/reddit/