They just put the ps2 version at 1080p on the playstaton store...

They just put the ps2 version at 1080p on the playstaton store. They're going to announce the new game or the red dead redemption current gen remake any day now. Would you welcome a pc version?

Fuck yes, some OP from another thread got me to download Call Of Juarez Gunslinger and now I want more wild west games.

You guys do realize that the xbox version had better lighting and double the framerate, right?
So why in the everloving blue hell would they adapt the PS2 version?
Don't give me the "platform exclusive" crap, when capcom made the first HD re-release of RE4, they used the GC version as their starting point.
Not to mention REmake and RE0, all GC games.

Fucking lazy, lazy pieces of shit, selling us crap.

what if new Read Dead is bloodbornestation exclusive?

I don't think they'd do that. GTAV sold well on all platforms. Would suck though if you turn out to be right haha

Oh no I said a thing you don't like.

that is not how these things work. Still I'd recommend playing the original Xbox version in 480p with component cables.

Another user here. What makes this game so great? I'll admit I don't know anything about the 1st game apart from the fact that it exists, but I've been feeling like playing a Western.

I haven't actually played the 1st but Red Dead Redemption is cowboy GTA.

I don't know, I just know Rockstar peaked with The Warriors and has been on a downward spiral ever since. Wouldn't surprise me if Revolver is better than Redemption, which was a pretty flawed game many people propped up on its story and conveniently neglected how the game neglects to treat its story with any urgency.

Rockstar is just the publisher.
The developer that is super successful is Rockstar North, formerly DMA Design the Lemmings guys.

I consider the entire brand largely a same shit different toilet situation, for a while they were all doing something good, then following, shit, just pure shit.

Is there a name for that type of hat
I like it

Sppaghetti fedora.

Was the first Red Dead even any good? I was unaware it existed until Redemption had already been released.

It's aged like shit, don't bother. Stick with more recent games.

games don't age you philistine

Let me guess, you're one of those hipsters who still pretends like DOOM is good?

0/10, filtered

Compelling argument. Looks like I was right on the money. I'll leave you to your hivemind.

I remember emulating it and it felt a bit rough around the edges, but I'd say it's worth playing. If you're a spaghetti western fanatic like me you'll enjoy it.
The game doesn't take itself too seriously, the story is pretty standard for a western, there's lots of characters and the music is all licensed movie music. Definitely had love put into it.

Can you into words?

Here's a graphics rundown, sorry, jewtuber doesn't know when to shut up, but this is one of the few videos that shows the differences.

My good friend Jimmin Marvinluder told me it was happening.

I do not know what your intentions are, but if you're willing to explain I'll happily hear you out. What about the game do you not like?

I'm not really familiar with westerns, but I might consider it nonetheless if it really is a good game.

The game's story is like Max Payne with the third-person shooter and slow-mo gun fights, doesn't take it too seriously, some of the characters remind me of Max Payne's turd faces.

I was wholly unimpressed with it at the time but maybe because I had some sort of GTA-style expectations. I wanted to roam the prairie and shit like that. I was thoroughly depressed with what it ended up being, glad I only rented it.

what a terrible voice, but I'm not certain about the comparison. I don't know if he's using component-in but it would just further the difference. At the very least the differences are very obvious even on a surface level.

Actually looking at the image of the xbox release, I think it's a 480i image. Wish more people knew more about 6th gen component video options.

I'd probably rate it at a 6 or 7/10. It's nothing exceptional but a decent game nonetheless. If I had a Bloodbornestation I'd probably buy it if it was around $15 or less.

Gun is more like a western GTA and gets lots of praise here, but I personally didn't like it.

I mean, what is there to say really. Have you never gone back to a game years later only to be like, "Damn, this looks and feels dated compared to what we have now?" It was like when I tried to play Oblivion again after Skyrim came out or Fallout 3 after Fallout 4 (New Vegas sucked) came out. It was just like, "Damn, this looks and plays like ass and I've got better shit available to me, I don't need to play this shit anymore."

Yeah, Gun was closer to my expecations. It's probably my fault for wanting to play pretend cowboy simulators.

Oh, that's what you mean? I can understand why you'd feel that way, I can't be mad at you for that. I don't usually hold it against the game, though.

It's worth noting, that I've almost never touched a Rockstar game (except Bully) in my life, so I have very little to compare it to.

I also have trouble playing Fallout 1 and 2 after starting with 3, but one of these days I want to get over that hurdle and play them for real.

I'm generally not a fan of GTA-style games, but that's just me.
I enjoyed Call of Juarez Gunslinger a lot, despite it lacking content and having obvious budget restraints. The game oozed with style, which made up for it.

It is, but the graphics differences was kinda minimal, but the Xbox version was definitely better for the loading times.

Also, here's the intro, real 70s western intro.

xbox version could easily load it 4 times faster than the PS2 version if you have an 80pin IDE cable and run the game from the HDD.

I barely watch movies

I should correct that

Here's the PS4 version, and its emulated, fucking kikes at Rockstar.

If you wanna watch some good westerns, start with the Dollars trilogy and Once Upon A Time In the West. Lots of people say they're some of the best movies ever made. They're not wrong.
I also really liked Sergio Corbucci's movies like Django and The Great Silence, and comedy westerns with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill.

(checked)
Thank you for the recommendations, user.

I've barely watched anything besides capeshit as an adult and I feel that's simply not enough, it won't do at all. I would like to broaden my horizons as soon as possible. I have watched Django Unchained, but I do not know if that counts.

Are these movies you've listed available on any sort of distribution service that you know of? I have access to a few places like Netflix.

I agree, that's why I sort of blame myself. Open world is pretty trash gimmick usually. I've just always felt like this particular setting would be a good fit. Gunslinger was pretty nice, reminded me of old on rail shooters, which I also think is a good fit for a western.

Those films should be on everything; they're classics of westerns and cinema. If not, you can always put on an eyepatch and pirate them.

(checked)
that's indeed an option, thanks

ASS. WE. CAN.

I really disliked Django Unchained. It didn't feel like a western at all and the characters were all unlikeable.
Can't help you with that, sorry. I've downloaded all my movies, especially since some of them have become forgotten over the years. The first two I've named should definitely be on there, though.

Yeah, you're not wrong. Most sandbox games just feel really half baked to me. STALKER is an exception, since there's always stuff happening and you have a clear goal.

Of course they were, a bunch of niggers, leonardo dicaprio as muh feefees :(, the german freeing his slave for the heck of it and dying for doing a good deed and rednecks everywhere.
Also the old cucked nigger, i guess he's thankful he isn't on africa but he's still a cuck after his masters die

It was a bore to watch too. There was no proper buildup, Django had no personality, and he suddenly became a crackshot by shooting snowmen.
Franco Nero's cameo was the only good part, and it wasn't very meaningful because the rest of the movie sucked ass.

First game is fucking trash. Don't touch it, there are better third person shooters on the console and better western games even for its time.
The second game is a top tier open world western game which is made better by the dearth of them.

DOOM (2016) is pretty shit though

how does it emulate?
anybody have link to new image?

Yeah the non-urgency element kills most of these open-world games for me.

Emulation? What are you, poor?

you should watch anime m8, westerns are great but capeshit is the worst as far as anything remotely nerdy goes.

Most people have some level of ADD today, so I'd only recommend these westerns if you're going to watch at a cinema, or have a home cinema.

Hello newfriend