Im always running out of ammo in this. I remember some spergs bitching because they ran out of ammo on DooM 4...

Im always running out of ammo in this. I remember some spergs bitching because they ran out of ammo on DooM 4, but this game is way worse at that, i run out of ammo all the time.
Have modern games made me too trigger happy? Im know i was was more of an operator and precise when i played these games back then because it took gaming more seriously.

I think it's Duke thing. I almost never had that problem in Doom. The enemies don't seem to drop too much ammo for how much they need to be taken down, which is probably to encourage exploring for secrets and such.

In Duke 3D the game is carefully balanced by ammo.

Like you can find the RPG in the first level, and it's arguably the most powerful weapon in the game. But it has limited ammo.

Duke 3D isn't too hard of an FPS (especially since it has items like the portable medkit and pipe bombs) but it does keep you on your toes. As long as you're careful

Looking back now, DN3D is not a particularly well-designed game. It has too many cheap shots: you will get fucked if you don't know in advance where an enemy is waiting or what will explode. It often does not leave any room for reflex.

Oh yeah yeah, and the level design is fucked because of how much they tried to make it look like actual places.

Plus, the reliance on items to open up the way in some levels could have been introduced better I think.

Come Get Some really pushes ammo to the full extent, you have to find secrets and actually not blow off too much ammo.

Otherwise Let's Rock and Piece of Cake, you're topped off with ammo.

unless you're playing episode 5 where you're constantly topped off with ammo and also armor

You're supposed to use different weapons constantly when faced with different threats. The pistol is a great weapon but people will stick with a shotgun to mow down weak enemies quickly and run out of shell when they need them. You should get used to kicking as well, you can kick at anytime.

Yeah, because you could literally save anywhere, so if you end up in a bad situation, or get killed unfairly quick, you can just reload back a few seconds earlier. Practicing helps, the campaigns are easy to go through if you played through them a time or two.

Duke 3D shits its bed after the first episode.
You will be scrounging for ammo in the space base levels.

user, just mind those 90s FPS rules:
1. Hard difficulty means hard, not "hard".
2. You have more than two weapons to use.
3. You don't have to kill everything (to trigger the next script in modern FPS), sometimes running through is the most viable strategy.

You need to find the secrets or else you'll suffer without the most optimal armory. Same goes to all other classic shootans

what the hell are you saying? is this the speedrun board?

Is there any way Gearbox could rape this franchise's dead corpse any more?

maybe you're shit at the game?

From that very moment, I knew I should keep my Megaton Edition in a safe place and ignore this shit.

Bazinga

Gog bless. Getting the Megaton Edition for free from them was a blessing in disguise.

Wew.

Remember when they gave away all of the classic Fallout games a few days before Bethesda took the right to sell them away from them?

GoG are wonderful at sticking it to rightsholders who get controlling.

Are the new levels ripped for use in any copy of EDuke32 yet, and are they at least worth a try?

speedrunning in duke is actually clipping through walls with steroids and straferunning