ITT: Cool ass moments in an IP you might not know about and will probably be forgotten by the mainstream

ITT: Cool ass moments in an IP you might not know about and will probably be forgotten by the mainstream

In Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes i found you could unlock a secret mission in the console version called Jamais'vu. They would later be revealed to be in the PC version too but at the time i played it they were reported as console only. In this mission you play Raiden from Metal Gear Rising infiltrating Camp Omega in an alternate timeline where a number of the XOF soldiers have been replaced by Body Snatching androids from the Hideo Kojima game SNATCHER from the early 1990's.

Until i showed them my mustard only friends thought i was lying about this one and it wasnt real since they avoided all articles online due to spoilers.

Before the split it was assumed the lines about "Raiden will return to his own time in exchange for the XOF badges" which suggested a plan for Rising 2 involving the remnants of XOF post MGR1 in the 2010's and with Kojimas tweets during MGSV development about "i want to make the true zombies game" and the later reveal of Metal Gear Survive its assumed this was a teaser for the now never gonna happen plans for MGR2 to lead right into Snatcher and possible Z.O.E establishing them as part of the MGS canon.

But if you play it once its just a two mission payed for demo and you never know.

Meh.
The MGS1 mission with polygonal Solid Snake was better.
The fact that it unlocked that same model in MGSV if you had the GZ savegame made it even better.

Am I the only one who hate GZ but love TPP?

Pretty much, yeah.
99% of everyone likes GZ more.
The reason is pretty simple, GZ didn't have the retarded open world aspect, it was simply mission based, like PW.

V main and most glaring unneded element was the open world, Kojima should've doubled down on the PW influence and just made the game completely mission based with self contained maps, like PW.

From thumbnail I thought that was Lightning

On the topic, IIRC Call of Cthulhu: DCotE has shitload of details. But most important is if you 100% the game, or maybe get an A rating? I can't remember, you get a better ending which explains everything

Well, it is.

No user, Hayter and more lines wouldn't have saved the game.
Contrary to what most people think, the core of MGS games is still the fact that they're fun games to play.
To make a fun game you must have fun core design decisions.

An half assed open world isn't fun, and just detracted from the gameplay.
A sequence of focused, tightly designed self contained maps for each missions like PW had would've been a million times better.

Let's make one thing clear: GZ and MGSV weren't games made with the classic MGS audience in mind.
They were games made for the PW audience.
As MGSV was marketed as…well, "V", and thus a big name MGS title, Kojima felt the need to expand upon it in "different" ways to somehow please mainline MGS fans.
But it was a mistake, it shouldn't have been called MGSV, it shoudl've been called MGSPW2 or something.
Double down on the PW audience, make them happy, just like GZ did, don't try to please two crowds at the same time, you'll please no one.

Regardless it was inevitable, with Kojima tired with the series since MGS2, and Konami doing all kinds of fuckery.
Hell i'm surprised MGSV didn't end up being a bigger mess, considering the circumstances it could've been way worse than what the got in the end.

Was hoping that was a teaser to release Snatcher and Policenauts with an english dub, but no, Konami said fuck that.

But user! the 2deep4u story literally made Venom Snek out to be yourself! its not like Kojima could have foreshadowed this in Peacewalker or GZ in some side missions where you play as your avatar!

MGS: V was a disappointment, that goes without saying. HOWEVER! I do like free roaming the africa map and playing vid related while pretending to liberate Rhodesia by killing all the black NPCs with DD. V is set up to be pretty much a game where you have to make your own fun.

I like both of them. Ground Zeroes is simply an area, not available in TPP where you can complete multiple missions.

In TPP the same thing exists with multiple missions existing in the same area.

They only thing people seem to get annoyed about is the mission areas are all connected by an open world.

Why? Because theres nothing except the extraction points animals, a two man patrol, or in a mission, a tank or helicopter patrolling the empty spaces between bases. People hate travelling between bases and outposts? They say the open world is a terrible idea, and yet soldiers will leave nearby bases to come to your location as reinforcements if you are spotted.

So I don't even get what the complaint is.

Play PW.
If you still don't get it, just kill yourself.

>If you turn the subtitles on, he actually says, "I am lighting, the rain transformed"
Way to ruin a cool scene

Because its an ambitious but ultimately inferior model to Peace Walkers. I have no doubt Kojima assumed we would fill all the white noise and dead air between locations with tapes forgetting its a stealth game and you want to be listening for trucks coming down the road and so on.
The problem is its a stealth game designed around 'what do you do when you get spotted' and going loud when in past games that was usually a sign you fucked up the run in some fashion.

Theres points in TTP where you can sit around the side of a building near a generator, keep turning it off, wait for a guard to come, let him radio all clear, tackle and fulton him and repeat till the area is cleared of all threats.

Not exactly 'tactical' gameplay. Meanwhile in Peace Walker you have small areas with set guards and little blind spots and tools to use and this leads to a more traditional 'aiming for the perfect run' design instead of MGSV's "fuck it, gun jump and get it done in the fastest time S rank baby, this truly was the metal gear solid V the phantom pain!" and its a fun game in a lot of respects but its far more suited for something like metal gear survive than adapting MGS3 to an open world.

If they just made Peace Walker for PC without loading screens every five steps I'd never stop playing it.

Well it was always designed to be the venn diagram overlap between mgs3 and monster hunter so the areas are kind of important design wise.

I think its like resident evil and silent hill. You enter an area and see a small number of enemies, some items and points of progression and the 'puzzle' is getting through this in the most flawless manner possible.

Or in MGSV everything is cheesable, kind of a similar issue i had with DS3. But at least MGSV wasnt creatively dead in the art department.

Still an open world should have had more random elements. Make the fog and skulls constantly blow around the map every other hour so all of a sudden mid infiltration the mist rolls in and your plans go out the window. Make hiding as important as sneaking again.

I can ghost The Sword ^.^ not really

No. Only contrarians retards like that cawadude 6 MINUTES demo.

yes

QQ bitch baby.

Funny how I hate PW but love V and TPP is the best in the series, gameplay wise.

You mean worst.

Yeah, no, it's so wrong it borders on historical revisionism. Nobody complained about the gameplay before like months after the release, nearly all criticism was on content. Which boss fights are.

You mean like those people who say the holocaust was real ?