What's the worst 'horror' game you've played, Holla Forums?

what's the worst 'horror' game you've played, Holla Forums?

Are you retarded?
Anyone knows 8cuckmen think everything is shit

>>>/reddit/

Fran Bow

God what a cryptic miserable pile of underwhelming shit

it has a banner on Holla Forums so it must be good

you must have shit taste

get out lol?

This is Aussie-tier shitposting.

Someone's upset their favorite game got called shit by some user

The Evil Within

Pineview Drive really is shit. My worst one is Blinding Dark, though.

I usually expect a certain degree of craft to Aussie shitposting though

Five Nights at Freddy's 2 it was Repetitive strain injury; the game.

1, 3 and Sister Location were alright tho.

Why hasn't there ever been a good Evil Dead game? They were all either full shit or partial turds that I know of.

user, have you played it?

The first part is extra super spoopy, but then…

the part with the tree people and Plant-land, yeah that was not ok

Michigan: Report from Hell

What is was trying to do, that was nice but they obviously weren't able to pull it off with such a small budget.

I know it had potential, and to be fair the awkwardness sorta adds to the eeriness. Kinda like how James talks in SH2.

I gave this stupid fucking piece of shit so many chances, and it never stopped wasting my time. I'm glad the devs got fucked over by zenimax, they can go eat a bag of shit of vomiting out this abortion of a "game".

What's wrong with it?

Unbelievably bugged and broken. Seriously, this shit has gamebreaking bugs everywhere, crashes everywhere, and insanely spread out checkpoint saves, so you can play for 15+ minutes, crash, and have to re-do that segment several times while trying to avoid whatever is arbitrarily crashing you (sometimes it's seeing a certain object, so you need to do retarded shit like walk through the doorway backwards and navigate around it without looking at it).

In the Steam version I only had one bug that actually broke the game, and that was the part where you had to use the naval gun to shoot the guys on rocks throwing giant waves at you.
I had to download an unofficial patch that skips the shooting section after the third wave. I found the game difficult and challenging, especially with the spaced out save points, but I also really enjoyed it.

How far did you get? The games pacing really gets nuts past the first section/the warehouse stealth section.

I honestly think this is the only decent game that company ever made.

You just bring old Zadok a bottle of something nice, and old Zadok will fill your ears!

The last thing I remember was some big fucking boss thing in a pit where you had to get fuses, and at that point the game just wouldn't stop crashing so I uninstalled it.

Fuck that game.

I think that was the Shoggoth, and if you weren't having fun by that point then I can't convince you to play.

Fuck off back to whereever you came from

By Aussie you mean Melbourne, this isn't the Quality of shitpost you see from real Australia but rather a shill post made by a shitlib in a Melbourne University sucking a black dick

Probably some reddit faggot still shitter shattered because Resident Evil 4 has been getting shit on the last few days.
With that in mind.

Resident Evil 4

leave fullchan now and never come back. we don't even care if you go back to cuckchan or reddit

They're all fucking walking simulators user, they're not games.

What makes something a bad horror game?
Is it something that fails to be a game, or something that fails to be horrifying?

Nigga you know the reason why this game is such a buggy mess is because of Zenimax, right?

take 'em down a notch

I don't believe that for a second. You've only heard one side of the story from an obviously biased source.

Then can I get a source that says Zenimax is competent in anyway and not a shitty as hell publisher?

This game is amazing… And by that: I mean it overwhelms you with bewilderment.

grow up and go find a woman kiddo

I wasn't even aware that existed.

educate yourself, fishhead

A bad horror game could be defined as a game that is supposed to evoke the sensation of dread, terror, or an uneasiness in you, but fails to do so. it could also have a single crappy jumpscare or lack of any threat.

Taking your image, that game isn't a bad horror game; it sets up ambiance, it sets out the rules, it sets out the antagonist, and even if you know what the "spook" is, you can avoid it by playing the game better. There is a bonus in that you can have a drive to avoid the jumpscare just because you don't want to encounter it, thus changing the spook factor to a tension factor, which can cause you to jump in much the same way when it's broken.

But a bad horror game is 90% of the walking simulators where there is not only a poor horror element to it, but often on top of poor, little, or NO real gameplay.

I have finished it without any technical problems. And my rig wasn't an impressive one for its time. There was that artificial difficulty problem with playing on any resolution higher than the the minimal during escape sequences, but somehow I managed to beat them after tens of retries.