No man's sky has officially broken the lowest rating record on steam. It's good to revel in such a failure

No man's sky has officially broken the lowest rating record on steam. It's good to revel in such a failure.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/rqZ7w
archive.is/JWBcg
archive.is/HXH92
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They still made lots of money off it, so they still win in the end

Didn't the devs basically disappear?

But Le Reddit© Army™ won the rating wars, and that's all what matters.

The game might be bad, but who cares about Steam downvotes?

To be fair, isn't it somewhat of the most trustworthy review systems we have right now? Disregarding shit taste, its reviewed by people who actually bought the game, and you can see how long they played it as well. I would say that steam ratings are a pretty good indication of what people actually thought about a game.

With buyer's remorse a good rating on steam isn't the most reliable, but if people who bought it think it sucks it usually does.

Did they really? Didn't their studio get abandoned just recently?

The time for smug has come, and so have I.
How smug are you anons?

About this smug.

Post smugs

Essentially this. If people say something is good on the internet they are probably full of shit. If everyone says it's shit though, you know it's fucking shit.

I have a version of NMS that I ported to GNU/Linux. The best part is, it's free in every sense of the word!

#! /bin/bashcat /dev/urandom | tr -dc 'a-zA-Z0-9' | fold -w 64 | head -n 1echo "Wow! Nobody has ever seen that string of characters before! Don't you feel accomplished?"

Well, given you can refund without problem if you had any remorse within the first 2 hours and it doesn't seem to remove your review even if you refunded. The only problem steam reviews have is that developers can remove reviews. But I don't know if removed reviews actually effect the score a game gets.

Credit where credit is due, steams review system is quite nice and probably better than most we have right now.

even metacritic hangs higher than that

fuck how you have to look for negative and lengthy reviews to find niggers who actually address problems with the game and give valid criticism

Never hyped, never bought it, never pirated it. No regrets, no time wasted.

I am very smug.

do you just go on reddit and just make threads here or what you fucking faggot

Nice port!

So what that its a fun review? It gives a lot of usefull information to determine if its a good review. It gives the number of people who found the review usefull, it gives the number of hours a player played as well as the number of hours he played recently (thus you can know if a review still matters after a new patch). What you posted is also an old image because nowadays that would probably be tagged as "funny" review rather than helpful.

The rating system is ok, but the review system is as well.

I doubt its the case in every game, but I generally find that one for the first 10 reviews gives good information and talks about many good points. Many of the top reviews of games are people listing pros and cons for the game and give decent information, especially if you are familiar with the genre. And even if you do need to find the negative and lengthy reviews, its easy to do so, just select "negative" and look for whatever review is lengthy enough for your taste.

Yeah, they usually don't go super deep into the whole game, but should they really? Being reasonably short means you can get opinions from more people. Things like actual gameplay and the like you probably should look up onto some online video service anyway, reviews don't often give a good image of that.

oh boy.

They abandoned their office, "we're still updating the game! thanks for believing!" and Todd Murray is going to talk about the game's reception in next month's Gayme Awards with the Doritos Pope.

Its too bad that hating on this game is just a meme and we wont see all walking simulator games getting rekt like this.
Sony will keep making their movie games.

He should have talked about it a month ago when people still had faith in the project, or tried to deflate expectations months before launch. Talking about it now after a month of radio silence is just a terrible idea and disappointed customers is a bad idea.

What the fuck is happening Holla Forums?

I know that Nu Males Sky is a hilariously bad overhyped bomb of a game but are we seeing some weird ponzi scheme type shit unfold here?

Kill yourself.

ok some guesswork maths
Steam takes 30%
Sony takes I dunno 20%? Reckon they took a cut off steam sales as well?
Payment processors take ~4%
Off steam sales they make ~45m

So they make 25mill.

UK tax rate is 20% for business

20.1 mill
- marketing
- costs
- salaries
= ?

So what is left will depends on how badly they were raped by touching Sony's dick and how much they spent making this shiny turd.

Who financed development in the first place? Investors want their money back.

Yes

they could have been shut down by sony physically to cut any further overhead, they might have moved location. as far as I know Sean hasn't wound up dead due to a suicide via gunshot to the back of the head yet
if we see any activity from the studio beyond simple patchwork jobs that anyone at sony could do than we'll know they're alive. It's safe to say at this point however that they're most likely KIA with Sean trying to keep a lid on it.

the investors were Sony.

I think after the lawsuit they realized that they are not going to be able to turn this shit around. So they just closed down they'll open back up again under a new name and never ever let Sean Murray in front a of a camera again to promote their shit.

Only for marketing.

No idea but were I to guess I would say Sony footed the bill for the marketing and some of the dev for a cut of everything and Sean's vegan soul.

>>>/reddit/

Sony has said pretty much all they did was put out the physical version for PS4. They wiped their hands of the whole thing and they said Hello Games was kind of stupid for not realizing they were only making an indie game.

It's shit, that's nice, move on. No reason to beat a dead horse.

sleep snug, smug.

There absolutely is.

Either they closed shop, or they closed the blinds so nobody would look in for some reason.

but user every time i hit the corpse it wriggles and bulges!

Not really. This thread will progress identically to one we had a month ago, maybe even two months ago since I've already lost track of how long it's been since NMS released.

It's up there with threads about Yandev for beating a dead horse.

NMS isn't localized just to Holla Forums though.

For now Yandev is only here but don't worry everyone else will hate him soon enough.

As long as they parade around award shows and shit, it's not over.

That happened a few months ago.

I can't wait for the next three-month circlejerk that tries and fails to recapture the magic of DmC threads and TORtanic.

Why would they keep the studio if they just wanted the money?

Because creating and maintaining a brand is over half of advertising?

You're welcome to fuck off.

Citizen, get a refund

Because you don't abandon the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Unless the goose is dead and the eggs are poison.

Also, Doritos Pope who was best buddies with Murray and crew who convinced them to show the game to some Sony shill PR manager from Yurope, then shill it on the Gaem Awards is retracting his GOTY nomination for NuMale's Sky, but I want to see those fucks actually vote for it to win.

Same to you, save your breath and shitposting energy for something actually huge huge instead of just kinda localized-huge and flavor-of-the-month like NMS.

aw nuts he doesn't like the circlejerk better whip out the canned "you paid for it" response

Both that statement and picture aroused me.
I cannot say why.

yet you can't leave this howwible thread.

Have you fixed Holla Forums yet Citizen?

You actually payed for it didn't you, you dumbo

Really why?

Yandere is love Yandere is life.

Mate if I were on some god-given quest to fix Holla Forums I'd be saging and screaming about Undertale

if we say it enough times it'll come true guys

I'm going to tickle your feet you fucking faggot

You might be too self aware, I suggest a short break and a thread more to your liking.

there is no breaks on the NMS shitposting train

You won't do it you fucking pussy go on I dare ya

Maybe if a Mega Man thread pops up but until then I've got this one.

"we" weren't as supportive a hugbox as reddit.

That's not even a smug facial expression. Do you even know what smug is?

He found out that reddit is a much easier way to feed his attentionwhoring needs and left with a canned response to a random thread about him a bit after another one of his meltdowns and the whole poll bullshit where he decided tht 10% was more important than 90%.

Daily Reminder.

I really want to believe that they shuttered their doors like a shitty Chinese goldfarm sweatshop, but the Redditor/Neofag who's propogating this is a fucking moron.

There's so much more tangible shit that we could point out about how shitty Hello Games is, why aim for the low (and probably untrue) hanging fruit for epic upvotes?

I know we hate him but the guy I responded too said everyone hates him now.

Never forgetti, moms spaghetti

Reddit will not protect you, yandev. You could have made yourself strong, but instead you decided to roll on your back and accept the knives.

Of course, he's never actually going to finish the game so this point is moot.

They sold 750k copies, that's like 45 mil at full price.
I think a 1/3 of that was steam, steam take 30%, so that's like down to 40 mil.
Devs make around 1/60th of the profits each, so that's 16/60s of 40 mil
That's 10 mil split between 16 people.
Prolly 60k per guy who worked on it.

You can't live on 600k forever as a hipster numale

I bet I could make that enough to retire on.

Not as a 20-30-year old starbucks-drinking, non-shoe-wearing, english hipster numale
Might as kill himself now

Not in California.

Say 50 years, that's 600 months, so 1k a month. Good luck!

i used to think that until siege of dragonspear. the studio called for their forum users to post positive feedback only please, created several sockpuppet steam profiles to leave positive reviews, and in general just got caught doing what I bet a lot of larger studios do with every single release and are just smarter about

tl;dr i agree in theory but any public forum can be circumvented by the larger companies and steam reviews are no exception, so as with any other review use your head and take it with a grain of salt

Not when you have to face the lawsuits
Sean murray is actually in guildford, england, not california

So he converted to Islam, took all the money and joined ISIS in Syria. Now it all makes sense.

m8 the only reason he showed up here, to tripfag was just so retarded neets could solve his homework.

>hurr how do I handle bugs i'm too retarded emails too hard t. yandev !!iluNotch
>tumblr shows up to perform damage control, ie. "ITS NOT REAL CRITICISM UNLESS YOU SPECIFICALLY TELL HIM TO USE A BUG TRACKER"
>Example thread: archive.is/rqZ7w
Those threads were always a tumblr™© clusterfuck and I'm glad him and his shit code are gone

You got swindled and did nothing about it.

Stop shilling sean, we all know you're living on the streets now.

Next in the news: Sean got smacked in the gobber with an assault fist and died from cerebral hemorrhaging on his way to the hospital. UK announcing the banning of fists in public.

If this game came out without all the hype around it, you think it would have crashed this hard?

That's about what I operate at.

Glad the jew changed his ways and now goes deep in the shadows and shutting his mug off
He wasn't that wrong thou, there's that

The problem with devs trying to "pander" to 8chams is that they promote it as a vendor, instead of "im making this, taking into account our standards, will upload it later on to see what you guys say and what can i change to up the quality"

It would never have lifted off. Low initial sales, word to mouth says it's shit, no sales.

Shit like this proves to money men that marketing hype is more important than game design.

Are we ever going to get a vidya dev here who actually sticks around until the end and actually doesn't go full autism meltdown partway through or goes to leddit? Or is it a case where either too much user autism ruins everything, or people can't stop taking the b8 shitposters throw at them leading to said meltdowns?

Can we just have one vidya dev here that isn't ran off to leddit due to autists and rusemen, just one of these days? And speaking of vidya devs, anyone know whatever happened to the A&C guys? They still workan on the game, or is it a case of them abandoning it or being kill because no one seems ever capable of ever getting vidya made who comes from /agdg/ until the heat death of the universe itself?

The game needs to be half it's price.

Past that, I don't know why people shit blood like they are on their period over this game. Other developers have promised more, delivered less, lied bigger lies, and actively advanced the decline of consumer friendly business models with legally and morally grey decisions. I can only see either hypocrisy or idiocy in wasting so much energy so long on this game while ignoring others doing worse things.

The only reason for it I have ever heard is m-muh advertising, but as someone who doesn't give a single shit about advertising, I can't understand either why people are upset or why they let themselves buy in to a marketing tactic that's been used longer than anyone on any chan has been alive.

I could buy my house in full almost 20 times with that much money.

That's not Starforge

Running With Scissors has a board here, and they lurk Holla Forums, but I'm sure you mean someone who starts here and stays here. As for Yandev, he was autistic to begin with. It was only a matter of time before everyone calling him a faggot would make him crack and run. Plus all the stress from reading emails for twelve hours a day would definitely add on to that. :^)

here's the problem with vidya devs on here and i'm not trying to defend yandev, i actually, genuinely feel real hate in my heart for that pathetic faggot:
1: making a game is hard. it takes a long time. even if it's just some stupid mod or something a lot of work goes into it and i think the one thing that you, me and everyone else shares in common on here is that we're shit at time management, otherwise we'd recognize games as the timesinks they really are and do something more productive. so these devs get a month in, realize they're still literally years away, get discouraged and disappear

2: everyone on the planet is an idea guy and maybe 2% are do-it guys. i'm sure you have a great idea for a dumb little game that you could smash together in unity or gamemaker or whatever i know i do but again, that's a lot of work

3: let's say you have the right jew skills to get a little bit of dosh to start your game, and like yankike you get a team of loyal morons to do literally all your work for you. now you're at the point where you need to start thinking about your finished product. are you going to be loyal, make it for your core group of initial people who encouraged you? or do you want to make money? yankike very quickly succumbed to the want of dosh despite the fact that in the very, very beginning he wanted to make 4chan's dream game simply to redeem his name to them, by saying "i've always thought that I should be making $5,000 a month for working on yansim" seemingly unaware that that's a pretty disgusting amount of money for a nobody working on a nothing and by literally selling advertising space in his game to anyone willing to pledge a hundred bucks. i'm serious

likely not. who's willing to throw his hard work to us, let us criticize it mercilessly, bust his ass and put out a final, finished product for us to enjoy without thinking even once of his own finances, pride, or autism? you? i mean this in the nicest possible way but i seriously doubt it

also anton and coolpecker is still being worked on, they're just bunkered down like crazy. i can't remember how to get in touch with them but you can and they're pretty open about how/what they're doing, but they're actually working and not spending ten no wait eight no wait four hours a day answering emails. sage for gay text wall

Is such a low rating really justified?
Honestly, I don't think it is. NMS isn't a good game but the low ratings are the result of ass-devestated remorseful normalfags more than anything.

Yes, it is.

It's a legitimately bad game.

Give it a few months and we'll have "nostalgic" "what could have been" threads about it.

My mom cant cook spaghetti for shit, i would surely rememver such a distasteful dish

Fuck I'm trying to remember those Devs that made that fighting game, something Wake. Anyone remember the guys I'm talking about? They seemed pretty decent.

There are worse games with better ratings if that's what mean, pretty much any old broken AAA shit will get at least about 50% positive ratings from the "stop being entitled to a functional product for your $60" crowd but it's a good sign when even some of the braindead fanboys realize overhyped shit is shit.

JUST

It sold 752,577 on PC alone.
(752,577*60)/2= $22,577,310. Unless their budget was greater than like 15 million pounds; it was a big success.

Goddamn it, user

FUCK MY SHIT UP

See!? I was right, someone here had actually bought this game

i posted my game but i declared war on Holla Forums by making vidya they will NOT enjoy, so i will only show my game now when it's finished
im sure 8ch would only tell me to add a horny meter anyway

meant for

Holla Forumsite sage

life must be pretty tought when youre so dumb
or easy.. idk

Holla Forums was right again

Obviously the problem is that no mans sky is so deep, so good, so wonderful that regular people simply can't understand it. The fact is that its beyond your expirence, beyond you. Anyone on Holla Forums who feels like they don't like no man's sky? I'm sorry that you're not smart enough to understand it. No man's sky is an innovative expirence in innovation. There will literally be nothing like this ever again. It was and forever will be one of the greatest things and future generations will look at it as an example of how to build art. How to be right for once in this dark rough little world.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a couple hundred hours more to log in no man's sky Holla Forums.

i'm laughing, this is great

you totally forgot to say that no one plays it the way its supposed to be played

People are just too stupid to make their own fun.

ughh

This is not a good thing. In the majority of cases that means that only the retards who were stupid enough to buy it are reviewing it. A lot of games are objectively bad for reasons you don't need to buy the games to see. DRM, jewish DLC, very bad performance issues, false advertising and so on. NMS was a special case where calling it shit basically became a meme, so these people jumped on the bandwagon. It won't happen to the next Fallout or Skyrim 2, no matter how much the Toddler lies.

Indie sellouts just never seem to grasp this simple idea.

If you make a niche game that panders to a certain demographic, then midway through development change your target audience, your going to have a bad time.

Good luck trying to sugarcoat your shitty hitman knockoff yandev. I'm sure the normalfags will eat up that edgy violence, poor coding, entry level memes and appreciate your restraint from using lewd content.

fuck u mine's better

It's astounding how much this game was shat on and dropped by the gaming press.

The amount of hype put into this piece of shit that people still fell for it.

also i think it's been done before but i wanted to contribute to the meme-realm with my humble version

also lots of people got refunds

It can be bad but it can but useful too. Even if i'm not planning to buy a game on Steam I will usually go look it up just to see the user reviews. I mostly ignore any positive or meme reviews and look for negative ones, esepcially lengthy negative ones that go into detail on what they disliked so I can get an idea of the games flaws. Then I look for the lengthy positive ones so I can see what the games merits are supposed to be but I mostly take any positive review with a grain of salt.

It's nice to quickly scan through and get a general idea of what people disliked about the game but it won't usually tell you much if you are not sure you will enjoy the game.

So this irredeemable piece of shit was fucking pretending to not be SJW all along? Jesus christ

This isn't a good thing, user.
This is sad.
It's terrible that this game ended up so horribly shit.
It's terrible so many folk fell for the shit and bought it
It's terrible that a genre which desperately needs a great game got this, which kills any other interest in it.
It's terrible that a major company that backed all this isn't getting much of anything about it.

Didn't they give a bunch of refunds out?

He's got a point, we do kind of rush to call every game SJW shit. I saw a Lisa The Painful RPG thread yesterday with people calling it SJW shit. It's been happening more and more recently.

Maybe

Just to add on to that, I think this is why Holla Forums never makes video games. Because they know from the get go there's gonna be 200 angry faggots or so calling the game shit at every stage of development.

That's what happens when you lie so much not even the Marxist journalists can hide your shit anymore.

Murray should have made the player character some form of tranny mutant, maybe that would have motivated the press to defend his shitty game.

Kill my dog? I kill you!

Can't say I'm surprised. Holla Forums is looking more and more like halfchan (at least, how it did before the exodus). Shitposting is the norm now, and fuck you if you want to talk about videogames without being flooded with shills, shiposts and false flags.

He took the money and run.

But user, that's part of the Holla Forums board culture. :^)

The best bit was right as public sentiment was turning against it listening to people like Giant Bomb try and form a half hearted defense of it.

Of course a week later when it was obvious no one was buying it they were ready to shit on it.

archive.is/JWBcg
plus i like the fact they don't feel the need to tripfag all of the time , certain individuals should be taking notes

B-but the sound-designer assured us, that Sean and his murray crew are working really hard on an update, to make up for that disappointment!
It wasn't said what that update entails and when it's going to be released, but it's certainly going to be awesome for really really reals!

If some Early Access faggots can crank out updates every month and follow them up with daily patches fixing bugs I fail to see how Hello Games managed to go without releasing patches in over a month.

I hope that tranny of theirs killed herself.

he's talking about how hipster numales spend a fuckton, not normal people with a bit more sense

they won't make as nearly as much money as they could have (think EA sports games), the damage done is still in the millions and there's no way to tell the exact amount of money the devs made.

Your math is retarded. 1/3 of 45 is 15, so they're left with 30 million dollars to divide amongst themselves, and this is only if we ignore any outstanding debts they might have, either to Sony, or some other entity.

Typically with a big publisher, devs receive a salary, and bonuses as they meet each development milestone. After they ship, they're awarded a percent of net revenue in perpetuity (or until the publisher shitcans the studio or sells the IP). This incentivizes them to provide post-launch support even when they're no longer under contract and drawing a salary.

It's possible that costs ran high to the point where (after the mass refunds and endless bad press) current sales are bad enough for them to have just cut their losses and fucked off to something else.

I think that's unlikely, however, as ~80% of a game's budget typically goes to marketing (commercials, ad space, etc), and they didn't spend dick marketing this outside of a bunch of plane tickets for that lying, nu-male britcuck, so I don't think they had cost overruns.

I'd wager that they really are hunkered down trying to patch this abortion before interest completely dies.

So Sean Murray is still in hiding? Has there been any public statements from him or Goodbye Games, other than a few timid "w-we just r-released an u-update guys" tweets.

Total fucking radio silence

Just how long are you going to be butthurt that Sean tricked you?

Steam users are so #woke, gotta love 'em

We know that the game was long in development, upward of 5 years at the very least, and that Hello Games was in financial trouble until Sony stepped in.

Do we have any solid number on units sold? Seems to me that they did very well with initial sales, especially on consoles. Also, I thought the mass refund thing was a hoax.

Dude, they spent shitloads on marketing. Murray was fucking everywhere, even on Colbert, shilling his vaporware, and ads ran all the time. I imagine the marketing budget dwarfs the development one big time.

And I speculate they're not going to do shit. Seems that the majority of the company leadership cut and ran, there has been no effort to keep the community in the loop on what is going on, their official social media accounts are silent, their studio vacated and they only have, what, one patch released so far?

The game is dead, and will remain as such.

I withdraw what I said

This is how space video game scams work.
Star Citizen will play out exactly the same.

I don't know about Sony, but Steam was refunding well-written NMS tickets that had over 2 hours played.

I can't find any tv commercials (print ad space is inexpensive) which is where the big costs come up. Also, you don't pay to be on shows like Colbert, the network flies you out and comps your hotel and transportation.

I think they've learned their lesson about shooting off their stupid fucking mouths about the game before they can deliver.

Fair enough.

I believe you can actually pay to get on the show, and that's ignoring all the other vidya places that featured Murray.

Also, Sony's stealth shilling can't have come cheap.

I think they ran away with the money once they realize the game was unsalvageable.

Can't blame him. Easy to pander to Reddit and make some money opposed to Holla Forums shitting on you every step of the way and pirating your game.

Face it, we're an absolutely cancerous board, but we're the cancer vidya needs to fight the other cancer.

You didn't read the thread the cuvkdev blew a gasket in, did you?

archive.is/HXH92

Overwatch threads go through worse by far compared to how thin skinned cuckdev was in a bants thread.

it's better than nothing

No, we have standards and don't tolerate censorship. Basically, we're not leftists.

Anton & Coolpecker of course. They drop in from time to time to ask people to test their latest build. Unlike Yanderedev they have their own vision for the game and don't constantly start threads to attention whore.

The reason "cancer" became an insult is that certain types of people/memes spread all around the internet and fucked places up like a cancer. People from 8/v/ don't exactly run around and try to force other sites to act on bended knee like reddit or Twitter users would.

Most of the devs for We Shall Wake shitpost here.

That's how I want PSO3 to look like. Maybe except the face.

Shit nigger, that image is ancient.

And let's remember that reddit is the place that managed to make a meme obnoxious within the span of a day. That's got to be some kind of record in terms of how absolutely poisonous a community can get.

Also, reddit is basically Stepford, friendly and welcoming on the outside, but hiding an ugly underbelly and a community that gets up to all manner of shady, downright evil, shit.

I also forgot that the dev of this game and an ex-employee of Looking Glass Studios might still lurk here.

Oh shit, I entirely forgot about this.

Any new demo for WSW? I played the old one that was posted 6+ months ago to death

They're going to make a small 2D game to make money off of in order to fund WSW. The goal is to avoid crowdfunding as much as possible.

Although it was retarded to call Lisa a SJW game considering that the devs also were on this board, this still shouldn't surprise you at all if you look at the sate of Western indie developers or gaming industry as a whole, add to that sellout devs especially. For fuck's sake, even some old good devs became hacks or retarded libtards who whine on their twater about violence and sexism in video games. People simply lost all the hope and trust.

Faggot devs and people in general who are afraid of faggots that hurt their feelings should never leave their house or use any form of communication. This is why America is in current state and will never become good, because of cunts like you.

When you pay for early access games you are not investing in the game. You are paying for early access to the game. The buck ends there, sorry nerds.

Also games are luxury products, so don't expect anyone to give a fuck about your consumer rights. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Just learn to steal. Fucking poorfag plebs.

That's pretty fuckin' based though.

Worst case scenario, they go full on balls deep like Angels Fall First and develop the game for 10 years over the weekends.

this is how i wanted haydee to look like

instead we get nigger lips

Not only that 4/Holla Forums is absolutely identical to Reddit hugbox. Except trigger words are a bit different and its hating instead of hugging bandwagon.
I visited Holla Forums twice in last 3 days and both times there was its-so-cool-to-hate-cuckdev circlejerking. Obvious AAA shills are received way better than whatever the fuck it is(i never played it). Just because there was some drama thread. Fuck tumblerinas make more sence than that. Meme away.

Crowdfunding isn't completely out of the picture, mind you. They have a Patreon and might ultimately use Kickstarter, but they are making it as painless as possible. Even if it is a risk to invest at all, I'm pretty confident that they're dedicated to the WSW considering how they made a game engine and demo for people to play with.

I bet on accidental stabbing himself in the back with an ice breaker.

Play it yourself and then try to defend it, retard.

That's some salty tumblerinas with stale maymays.
Too assblasted and retarded to get that it wasnt about game quality but about memetic autist kids like you who shit in all the threads non stop?

Not executed? Disappointing.

About this much.

>shit in all threads
That's some awesome mindreading powers you have. Reveal your secrets, sempai.

I hope you realise there is no way to ever win an argument with somebody like that under any circumstances.

Well? How do you know that?

I'm just having fun. Not trying to win special olympics.

reads as:

win? whats the point of that?

Its time to trigger a nigger

problem?

(Checked)
What kinda casual are you?

Pretty clever, I'll give you that

Nice try, Tim, but you're never going to be off the hook.

Never stick your dick on crazy.

Fixed it for you.

Hello Games? More like Goodbye Games!

And normalfags will learn jack shit from all this.

Was there a particular story behind this or was it just another abandoned EA game?

I'm not sure why they gave the guy in your gif a new 2 liter of soda. It would make sense that some of the liquid was poured out.

Where is that image from? It better not be something that's in runes only.

There are anons here who bought this. I bet Mark did.

Babby's first yandere animu AKA Yume Nikki. I liked it but I have shit taste in anime anyway

Isn't it a game?

No. It isn't.

This is.

?

No, it isn't a game.

Wait nevermind, it's Mirai Nikki. Please excuse my brain, he's tired

Don't worry about it.

It's a commercial. Someone probably drank most of the flat soda, between takes.

The A&CP Devs are always around. Watching, reading, waiting, working.

See you guys soon

With love, Fred

Fucking Carlos.

Sorry, I wish I could afford to get a proper character artist to rework the whole thing. I do it once in a while myself, but it's never gonna be good enough.

To be honest, I think that a lot of them WILL learn from this. How long they practice it, who knows.

True, but some of these you can see before buying the game. Extra DRM is listed by steam I believe. Extra DLC should be visible very quickly either.
So if you care about those, it shouldn't be hard to figure out if a game is worth it very quickly. Terrible performance issues will be mentioned in most steam reviews and people can still refund.

Just to check, I went to the skyrim page. While almost all of the top reviews are indeed positive, that seems to mimick the rating it got, so is no surprise. There are only a few "good" reviews in there (aka, those that give you more information). That said, you can easily select the negative reviews and read some that go into more detail of the problems they had. This game was just well regarded by the public, so its no surprise that few of its reviews mention many negatives. NMS was a lot worse than skyrim ever was (with the exception of not doing any lore rape and whatever because its not part of a series). And people disliked it enough to leave a lot of bad reviews and score.

It has happened before. Steam for example pulled that one batman game due to massive performance issues. Not everything people do is because of memes. Meme magic is a powerfull force but it is not to be wasted on things that don't need it. NMS is just totally shit and everybody saw that. Things like reddit and chans are smaller than you think when you are talking about people actually buying shit. Most steam reviews are from people not giving a fuck about memes, especially the most helpful ones.

I agree with the sentiment behind this post. I got kind of interested on the things that NMS attempted to create, I know I've longed many years for a game that truly allows me to fully explore planets and shit, to actively participate in the affairs of ayylien societies or just fucking around in general.

I know that other space games have some degree of exploration, but here it was about the sense of scale and the many activities that we were suposedly able to do. Instead the game turned out to be fucking shit with nothing but smoke and mirrors as its substance, what a waste.

I really got my kicks out of it however, as this game flopped hard other really good space games started appearing in quick succession, rapidly capitalizing on Murray's trainwreck, it really feels like everyone else could smell the bullshit and just kept stalling and waiting for the right time to start selling, and it paid off in spades, to the point of having a recent gameplay trailer from Scam Citizen that appeared right after NMS' launch actually praised by everyone.

It truly is a shame, but can't complain when they practically asked for it with all that bullshit speak, now there's no tears, only schadenfreude.

Oh baby.

We did it reddit!
We downboated the game!
Nevermind our money! the downboats won!

Even worse, anons will learn jack shit from this too but they're probably new or reddit refugees

i remember you
when are we going to get her model so we can make r34?
you can't do that with us user, it's bad for your balls

Hahaha, I hope a gang of angry plebittors gang rape Sean Murray to death.

This makes about as much sense as a Windows 10 user that doesn't love the feeling of a fat meaty nigger cock pounding deep into their rectum

They can partially hide the user score. I think siege of dragonspear did this, not showing the overall score and just showing the recent one, which was mostly positive due to the sjw brigade.

Been trying to remember the name of the game the entire time I've been in this thread. Thanks bud.

Holy shit you're a retard. Claiming the chans are similar is one thing, but comparing us to reddit? That's just fucking idiotic. Hating yandev isn't a hugbox. I personally liked the guy no matter what, but publically saying you were too skinthinned to stomach being a public figure on a chan, especially after already being a chan goer for years, is fucking ridiculous.

Depends on the users. Sure, most reviews are meme shit and jokes, but there's also people that do put effort in reviewing the game.

I usually start with the negative reviews when looking a game up, since it's better to know what the devs fucked up than what they got right.

If you don't like it then leave. Don't throw an autistic shitfit when people post what you don't personally like.

Not sure if I should be aroused or angered.

No, it doesn't.

I don't laught at the studio, I laugh at the retards who bought it and still defend it

Except Steam removed the limit for refunds so how much they actually lost is more difficult to quantify then that.

I get it, the girls name is yuno. Can easily see how you mixed those up

I hope you're ready to see repeats of this.

How new are you?

Are you? These things get really fucking annoying when they happen every thread

The YFW chain shitposting is a new occurrence at most 2 years old.

Its always just been faggots trying to out smug each other with more smug, its not funny and always shits up a thread.

Why do you bitch about them now then? It's not like it happens every time. Oh wait

WHAT DA FUGGGGG :DDDD

/a/ the board with this most shit taste also does the most shitposting.
Like poetry.

It's not like this thread was good in the first place but whatever

The thread was great faggot, why wouldn't it be.
The culmination and vindication of saying this game was going to be shit for the last year with the entirety of the world jerking off to it only for it to turn around and be held as a joke of a game.

What do you think this board is for?

Didnt they take the money and run?
The worst thing that could happen to them now is that they never get a job in the games industry again. But since they most likely wont have to work ever again why should they give a fuck.

why live?

thats right and piracy hurts profits

Nothing is wrong ,all I feel is smug.

The "everybody upvote reply to MY post with a picture!" posts are new and are garbage.

Like this comment if you agree.

From what I've seen in all these years I have to say this. Most people here will mostly try to drag you down and laugh at how you fall, crabs in a bucket mentality. Most people on reddit will be way too positive for you, always in a happy but not realistic mindset, and will happily censor you if you don't play by their rules.

I wish there was some middle ground but I'll take what I can get. What would be cool is people helping other devs out, but not being too autistic or too optimistic. Why people worshiped a hitman game with cringy anime models I don't know, you reap what you sow.

We had a middle ground for about the first 6 months when we migrated here, it's been downhill ever since. Now I can barely tell the difference from the cesspool we left.

i would rather hump tewi than funpost about no guy buy, to be honest

Yes, they can get annoying, but pointing that out means people will start doing it more just to spite you. Have you not figured that out?

nice digits though

These post 'YFW smug' reactions are counterproductive, and only succeed in diverting the course of intelligent I know right discourse on these threads. Whilst we could essentially be going Sean hunting or ensuring that people will never knowingly or unknowingly support devs such as these in the future, the majority of the space is taken up by retarded smug posting.

Anons, you could literally start a thread dedicated to this shitposting subsect, but you won't. Know why? Because you wouldn't be shitting up a thread that should be dedicated to discussion/on topic banter, rather than filling the fucking gaps with your stale memelord behaviour

At the very least just fucking sage so you don't bumplock the thread with your shitposting.

Holla Forums isn't fucking steam, we can't publish games for other people. Risk of Rain is what happens when an /agdg/ user makes a game, he releases it and doesn't try to build up some kind of hype club on Holla Forums

Someone who adds extra letters to words shouldn't be calling others dumb.
Though he is thick as pig shit.

Did they ever patch all the crashing on the PS4 version or did they just run off the with money?

I went though the back of the envelope number after the first week. In the end after taxes, investors cut, publishers cut, development cost, ext. No Man's Sky maybe made Hello Games enough money to operate for four to five years ($5mill to $7mill).

She's not crazy, she's crazy for you
that's the only good kind of crazy

Can someone sum up what happened with no man's sky? I just thought it's another one of those shitty infinite generating indie games,
it was overhyped,lawsuited and the developers disappeared?
wtf?

I haven't been paying attention. Lost internet a while ago and just got it back.

How bad was it? Seeing this shocked me when I logged on to steam.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHH!!!!

Even the goddamn HUD looks far worse in the real game.

promised a lot of features and mechanics, implemented absolutely fucking 0.

all you do it fly a ship to same planets with same animals and same buildings.

it is HEAVILY geared towards ps4. it was literally like the just press the "port to pc" button. the game files are even using ps4 libraries and format.

graphics and animations are absolutely dogtrash. it isnt a universe. i can go on

Thats my general thought too.

Sean Murray probably walked away with maybe couple hundred thousand+ for 5 years work and career in ruins.

shes s-naked

Wow
I just can't even
And tons of people bought it because of the amazing e3 trailer
what is reality anymore

Disgusting, I thought it would disappoint, but not that bad.

I would prefer The Witness to have flopped this bad instead, but this is good enough.