What are some modern multiplayer games that still take skill to play?

What are some modern multiplayer games that still take skill to play?
I miss actually feeling like i'm getting better at something instead of a game shoving grind and loot boxes at me instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overwatch

I'm being serious user.

user isn't wrong

I'm not in the mood for your bait today. I just want a good multiplayer game that takes at least a tiny bit of skill.

Halo

Most multiplayer games do take skill to play, though. You'd have to be a bit more specific with what you mean by skill.

Call of Duty 5 and everything before it.

Do they still do numbers?

How about being more specific?

UT4

It stopped around the time of Modern Warfare 2. Activision almost dropped the Call of Duty name until they realized the CoD title after it took place in the 60's.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here considering "takes skill" is pretty damn vague, but won't most arena shooters fall under this title? Quake Live is still the least dead of them, but other titles like reflex, xonotic, warsow, etc still have people playing and you can still find games (if you're not picky).

Holla Forums has a xonotic general, don't they? Try that.

This but unironically

Halo 5 is a return to the classic MP/arena shooter philosophy of the series (even starts, powerups and weapons on map) and is the most competitive the franchise has been since Halo 2, except it actually has good weapon balance too, wheras CE and 2 failed terribly in that department, and having more skilljjumps then the series has ever had. It's also a lot less floaty and has a lower TTK then other halo games.

Also, it's free, since the PC version is free and the SP is trash so there's no benefit to getting the xbone version

Lastly the forge and customs are GOAT, pic related

Is halo 5 on PC or something?

They actually dropped it around World at War.

The multiplayer is on on PC, but is a Win 10 exclusive.

RSV:2

Have you tried Overwatch?

Rocket League

Holla Forums is full of casuals

my only advice to you will be:
online multiplayer is dead, play the old classics on LAN or give up looking. that's what I've done and the outlook for the future of skill based multiplayer shooters is not good

hint: the new quake is a fucking overwatch copy

although: the new unreal might be worth a play

I wouldn't bother playing it online though, it'll be full of try hard 16 y/o's with hacks and/or whiny babies

Gears of war? Although, that's also been hit with the loot box curse.

Come to think of it, what started this loot box cancer? The main culprits I can think of is Fifa and CS:GO.

What do you mean by skill? Lots of multiplayer games take skill to play.
Or are you just mad about loot boxes and DLC? Those are cancer I concur, but they don't really affect the skill ceiling or floor anyhow.

Overwatch has a few skill-based heroes, some are handholding shit.

There are many arena shooters that have been released recently, like Toxikk and Unreal.

CS:GO has had many of its issues fixed and is skill-based.

Then there are older games
Quake 2
Quake Live
CS 1.6
CS: Source
Soldat

Rocket League

Xonotic

TF2 started the whole crates and keys bullshit.

It just copied it from azn games.

what the flying fuck

Good shilling. Tell me how the micro transactions help next.

QuakeWorld
Quake Live
Xonotic
Warsow (RIP)
Cube 2 Sauerbraten
Assault Cube

also stay away from quake champions, it's going to be shit overwatch clone with afps mechanics

I bet you're actually not having that much fun. If you were having fun, you wouldn't get that creeping insecurity that lead to the creation of this thread. Enjoy life and get rid of pride. Pride is shit.

Battleborn. Ignore all the kneejerking retards, most of them are playing the game anyway. Give it a shot.

Go back to your thread.

$0.25 has been deposited in your account

rip

This

Absolute bullshit right there.

please use archive.is/articles/quake-champions-boss-confirms-you-can-play-without/1100-6442812/

t. willits
fuck off fat kike

the new unreal tournament
insurgency (it's not actually skill based on pvp since the pvp is shit and lives solely on "lel so hardcore 1 shot killsa1!!11!1", but the co-op is top notch)
I think that's it
Skill-based games get less popular every time e-sports get more popular, for some fucking reason

Xonotic, Unreal Tournament 4, and I guess Dota 2 >inb4 ASSFAGGOTS take no skill

get back to work, Bill

define a "tiny bit of skill" then