Custom Units

Any good game with unit/party customization? As in setting up the looks, skills and name of not only you but your army/party? I always found being able to name them to be a substantial plus, since few games do this anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

wz2100.net/
4.bp.blogspot.com/-caINyHyzVow/UI9RoDgeCbI/AAAAAAAAK7k/HcFMWzSw2YA/s1600/Fallen Enchantress thumb03.png
elementalgame.com/img/Unitdesign2.png
staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/476/images/2-1-1402910712.jpg
rpgfrance.com/medias/images/FE-DesignYourOwnUnits.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spore

Too bad it's shallow as hell beyond the visual. Little combat impact. 3 weapons types, 3 defense types with +1 increments. No arcs or power or any other considerations.

hmmm….

Fallen Enchantress lets you create your own (fantasy) units by equipping them with armor, weapons and accessories of choice.

I am painfully aware

Does it let you name them?

Oh hey, don't mind me guys, just the best unit customization game this world's ever fucking seen passing by.

Warzone 2100 lets you name and design your units.

You can set up a unit's turret, chassis and wheels that you get through research. You can design your worker units, regular tanks, and VTOL (air) units.

It's open source, so why not give it a try:

wz2100.net/

Can you name them though?

I'll give it a try user, thanks

Some details would be nice

What

said about Warzone applies here.
3 factions, Murkans with mechs and spiderbots, Euroasia with tanks and Lunar Corporation (of wimin only!!) with weird scooter things.
Research and customize land, naval and air units, also buildings.

Details about the unit customization of course. Naming is also important

Such as?
You can name your stuff.

in E2150 you can select a chassis and choosing a weapon for it, some weapons can have another weapon on it.

Such as a Cannon + Laser mix

And yes you can name them and selecting default script. The OPX mod had some few additional scripts.

The scripts thing adds some default settings and buttons so you can use basic or advanced one.

Then you can choose shield types (once you researched them)

Earth 2150 had a few other fine details such as units become more snowier as they are idle.

Earth 2150 The Moon Project used to have around 200-300 players around it's haydays and it can handle large battles. Through not at the scale of SupCom.

You can see a tiny part of customization here, how it goes.
Go to ~3:35

There's just an overabundance of females for some reason that was either unspecified or which I forgot. The player apparently is assumed to be a guy since everyone at LC is sweeter than sugar with you and top tier cunts to each other. Just read the briefings sometimes, mang.

Of course the player is assumed to be a guy, how else would he get anything done?

(checked)
Wasn't there some kind of a revolt at the NASA or other space agencies that caused that?

Thanks anons

No, I think the Moon-based LC eventually discovered that some pseudo-scientific techno-babble affects male to female birth rate. Like cosmic radiation or something.
LC were just minding their own business when the first war broke out.

Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes
You can make custom factions, custom player character, and custom units. You can customize the main colors of your factions, race of the people, and faction bonuses. Hero units have 5 different classes each with their own skill trees, though most of the skills are passives. For the units, you can equip better shit but will make production time longer or will cost some other extra resource. It is 4X game that takes place in a post-apocalyptic high fantasy world. Gameplay is pretty mediocre however. Plays like a typical 4X and the combat is a turn-based grid combat. Graphics also look pretty shoddy, if you care about that.

Alpha Centauri

Star Ruler and the sequel.

Galactic Civ III? Never got around to playing it, but it seems like the ship designer looks pretty gud.

How is Gal Civ III anyway?

It's pretty shit IMO. I bought it on release and steam refused to refund it because I was 3 hours over the limit. Top regret of that year tbh.

Thanks. Guess I'll avoid then.

What's the game you posted? And Metal Fatigue let's you customize your own mechs to send into battle. It's the main draw of the game.

GC2 is alright though, and take a look at Star Ruler/2 if you want something with an insane level of design ability.

You are my nigga. Warzone is tits.

yes

4.bp.blogspot.com/-caINyHyzVow/UI9RoDgeCbI/AAAAAAAAK7k/HcFMWzSw2YA/s1600/Fallen Enchantress thumb03.png

elementalgame.com/img/Unitdesign2.png

staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/476/images/2-1-1402910712.jpg

rpgfrance.com/medias/images/FE-DesignYourOwnUnits.jpg

Looks like he posted Galactic Civilizations 2

I looks cool, but it's shallow.
The turret are for show, they aren't actual weapons.
The designs doesn't affect anything.

Neuropa wings + Rimtech legs + Rimtech rocket hands. If only there were combot parts for underground.

metal fatigue lets you custimize your mechs, and you can scavenge parts from the map, even the ones that you personally tore from the enemy mechs.
heck, you can even have a mech with no hands/2 shields if the situation is that bad
there's also istrolid. you basically build each of your ships, you can even give them AI controls, and then just spawn them when you need them

and any other units in that game are not customizable?

great game its bitch to run on modern system also hate that rockets spam AI does

only the mechs sadly
the other units are just little vehicles that do a lot less damage or serve as transportation for mech parts

it's mostly just the lack of sound

DQ9

For what purpose? Jet legs have shit stats otherwise. Quickly reinforce land battles maybe? But then you're better off with flying combots supporting land-bound with ranged fire.

the air section is for flying machines only, so if you want mechs to move across the islands there, they'd have to have jet legs

AC:Verdict Day a lows you to design mechs, as well as play architect for your own personal squadron of NPCs, programming them how you see fit and modifying their combat tactics

You can even name them.

Pic un-related.

So melee-oriented combots are for taking out the islands? I still think it would be more efficient to make them ranged. Not only pathfinding on islands with lots of buildings cramped close together is shit, but you can use them on the ground as ranged support later.

From the Depths

The game has been through very many wide sweeping changes though.

you don't have to use the mechs in the air
you could just make smaller planes

I really like this game.
Too bad the AI is so bad and there's no multiplayer to replace it.
Really comfy soundtrack too.

stardrive 1 had good customization but there were so many other issues with the game i cant recommend it.

This guy know's what's up

Talking about that, does anybody still have the link to the forum post linking a bunch of free downloads for NWS and HPS games?

exile/avernum. a nice old strategy rpg.

I've owned that game for 3 years now and I've yet to make a functioning vehicle