Fighting Game General: Will it finally be Jubei's time?

Miguel Cabalero was announced for Tekken7: youtube.com/watch?v=kKxDRu6NllA

Susano'o is the secret character. Jubei data was found in the disc (announcers for him). twitter.com/notBaf0/status/784822396402348032
The game will launch in North America November 1st and Q4 2016 in Europe.
If you preorder, you'll get a demo with arcade, training, VS and Network mode.

Core Fighters(f2p) announced for the PC version was released. Mila will be -100% off until October 30: steamcommunity.com/games/311730/announcements/detail/894352973046644007

Steam version announced coming this winter.
PC version adds new victory animations, animated stage backgrounds and settings in training mode are now saved.

Mangagamer announced they'll localize Umineko's most recent fighting game, Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS as Golden Fantasia CROSS. The game will be released on Steam.

KOFXIV World Championship announced: youtube.com/watch?v=K3TDkeiBIoc
New patch coming in October with balance update, new RQ penalty and some bug fixes.

Urien is out (he can remove his clothes during the intro). Stage transitions, new RQ system and Daily challenges coming with the update. You can buy colors with FM or DLC. New Haloween DLC pack comes with costumes for the cast and a modified stage
CPT DLC will be removed from the store in November. Haloween DLC will be removed by the end of October

Definitive Edition is out! Patch notes: ultra-combo.com/3-4-patch-notes/

Netcode patch and Kombat Pack 2 were released on Steam. The game now is on par with the consoles.
store.steampowered.com/app/524620/

NeoGeo titles: Alpha Mission II, Fatal Fury: King of Fighters, The King of Fighters '94, Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown are coming to PS4 Arcade Archives.

VF5FS added to Xbox One's backwards compatibility list.
The game will be playable as one of the extra games of Yakuza6 on the PS4.

SNK Producer Yasuyuki Oda is aware of what the western fans wants as what SNK's next title should be: twitter.com/snk_oda/status/774496892457668609
Garou sequel would feature characters like Gato's father, a female disciple of Joe Higashi and a boxer who would be Rock's new caretaker and Kain's ally. mmcafe.com/news/posts/10217.html

Combat Core was released. No more on Early Access: store.steampowered.com/app/405670/

Last Fight also released: store.steampowered.com/app/443450/

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

>Previous thread: archive.is/2Wbp5

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/hvwdkd.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/ezrkal.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/owbnmn.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/fnjyvl.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/afnrrh.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/ovtcnr.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/jguzbu.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/pceuiz.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/yqsqmn.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=-lSSNE8LLBA
npgame.gg/blog/himitsumonogatari.html
shoryuken.com/2016/10/10/the-pulse-of-pokken-top-players-talk-present-and-future-of-pokken-tournaments-scene-part-2/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779419246
abc.net.au/news/topic/depression
youtube.com/watch?v=dPj2ZxvJD_4
youtube.com/watch?v=zSPki6tfGC8>>10950048
youtube.com/watch?v=PT3NujXW46M
dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/10987-cf-ragna-gameplay-discussion/
clips.twitch.tv/tekken/MagnificentHyenaBleedPurple
m.twitch.tv/toushinsaiofficialtv
mattrified.itch.io/bh2
twitter.com/KantaKun/status/787350850868051968
twitch.tv/leveluplive
twitch.tv/tekken
twitch.tv/capcomfighters
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pyfntsSnzNiTiWGAf3XWWBLKVrxiHvo9N4-WDDydQBs/htmlview?sle=true#
archive.is/Sl6Js
youtube.com/shared?ci=m7NVCqVhKkk
twitch.tv/leveluplive2
twitter.com/mattrified/status/787675918370209796
youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post mains!

>mfw going to a convention next sunday and entering a Virtua Fighter 2 tournament

Wish me luck

Good luck! Which character are you going to play in the tourney?

pic related

Azrael my.mixtape.moe/hvwdkd.mp3
Ragna my.mixtape.moe/ezrkal.mp3
Kokonoe my.mixtape.moe/owbnmn.mp3
Nine my.mixtape.moe/fnjyvl.mp3
Taokaka my.mixtape.moe/afnrrh.mp3
Susanoo my.mixtape.moe/ovtcnr.mp3
Hazama my.mixtape.moe/jguzbu.mp3
Terumi my.mixtape.moe/pceuiz.mp3
Tsubaki my.mixtape.moe/yqsqmn.mp3

Good luck user.

Most likely Wolf since he's my main when I can't use Aoi.

FINALLY

surely yous jestin

Are there any good fighting games on the DS/3ds? I got street fighter 4, and it is ok, but obviously not as good as using a stick on a large screen. I know there is blaz blue and dead or alive out there, too, and would be keen to gear if anyone can rate them.

The guilty gear DS game is a bit like a poor man's smash bros, but it's average.

There's a few games on the vita like blazblue and mahvel

but let's be honest here

good luck user

DoA: Dimensions is probably the best fighter on the 3DS, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition is pretty good too. Other than that, you pretty much got nothing on the DS/3DS.

PSP/Vita is the system you want for handheld fighting

Bleach Dark Souls is a fun Real Bout-like game Well, really broken like every other anime fighter
Jump! Ultimate Stars is better than Sm4sh but it has banned assists for a reason.
There are more games on GBA like KOFEX series and SFalpha.

use giant swing every chance you get, user
shit is untechable

good luck user.

pic related.

Cheers. I'm only playing handhelds when not at home, and was keen to get a fighting fix in short bursts.

Vita might be an option if cheap enough, since it has BB and GGxx. The controls certainly look better.

Try to get one that is on 3.60, you can hack it and put on emulators and pirate games. I've been playing some of the Neo Geo Pocket Color fightan and Street Fighter 2 and they work fairly well.

I want Anna Williams to be announced next! Please do it, Harada!

Is there working Neo Geo emulators for the vita yet? Any word on someone working on a Saturn emulator?

Haha yes, YES!

They never learn…

Anyone remember this gem?

Retroarch has cores for Saturn (Yabause) and Neo Geo (Final Burn Alpha, you'll need the Neo Geo bios like with Fightcade), though I have not tried them out. I wanna say Saturn is just a proof of concept, but Neo Geo should work just fine. I will report back in a bit.

It's literally going to have been 10 years between installments, what the fuck.

And where's Soul Calibur 6? Where am I going to get my Nightmare fix?

allow me to show you all my full autism powers!
I fiddled with the big list quite a lot because the large number of repeating mains was starting to irritate me.
CHANGE LOG
added Sakura as a secondary in SF:Alpha 2 and 3
added Sakura and C.Viper as secondaries in SF4
swapped Ghost Rider for Thor in Mahvel 3
added Siegfried as a secondary for SC1,3 to 5
added Nightmare and Spoon as secondaries in SC2
added Naotora as a secondary in DoA5
added Raiden as a main in MK1
added Frost as a main in MK:deadly alliance
added LeatherFace as a secondary in MK:XL
added Platnium as a secondary in BB:CP
added Sol Badguy and Jack-O as secondaries in GG:XRD
added Mora as the main in NitroPlus with Franco and Kaigen as assists
added Weiss as a main in Arcana Heart 3
Ganondorf has replaced Fox as my secondary in Melee
added Etalus as a secondary in Rivals of Aether
added Gengar as a main in Pokken with Cubone and Diglett as assists

good luck user

good job

Once I grabbed the right roms, FB Alpha was playing Neo Geo games flawlessly on my vita.

Thanks, guess I'll start saving up for a 2nd vita

why tho
At least they are finally adding Jubei, it only took them until the 3rd sequel for them to do it after people have been asking for him each game, 5th if you count extends as separate games.

Torakaka as a alt costume for Taokaka with seperate voice lines never

I don't get how people can still play these games. It is almost always about who picks the better character.

Sounds like you don't play very many fighting games

Postin

one day user. One day. I'm just glad Jubei's finally getting a chance to be playable. Got to try out the game a couple of days ago and so far, Naoto may be replacing my current main for BB

Seeing good Kuma players is an awesome sight, fam. It's a shame Harada won't add him in Tekken 7, so he can add some slutty Vampire bitch nobody likes.

I really should branch out my fighting game taste

Of course I do. I remember the arcade machine right next to KOFXI and I played there with other people while we waited for our time against the Gato/Oswald/K' guy.
But of course we never did things like video related.

That's really impressive

If you played KOFXIII and CvS2, try '98 or 2002. While I prefer UMK3, MKXL might be fun now that the PC port was updated.

I've been thinking of picking up Kim in KoF 98 or KoF 2002. Do you have any advice for using him, as you're a Kim Main?

Play jewpuncher, it's the best SF game.

irl Sonic boom projectile: 4:50min time stamp
youtube.com/watch?v=-lSSNE8LLBA

>>>/out/

My fight money!
Lesson learnt: get paid FIRST!
npgame.gg/blog/himitsumonogatari.html

What is the best training theme in a fighting game?

street fighter 5

The ride never fucking ends

Wait, did you write this?

Except steam saved fighting games.

how about almost 20 years of Guilty Gear

How do you pick yourself up after losing 20+ games in a row against a better player and feeling completely defeated? Asking for a friend.

Replays
Videos
Training mode

I sat down and actually gave this disaster a playthrough.

There's some sort of weird buffering system in place that's always active. First, it'll buffer any keys you press and then execute them if it's not busy doing something else, and this includes just navigating the menus. You can stumble upon developer shortcuts for closing the game accidentally, at that, and even buffer dos prompt commands somehow.

It'll even buffer the "## HIT COMBO!" message if you kill an opponent in the middle of a combo, the game will wait to display it until the next round starts, or if you ended the last match with a combo, the game will show that message at the start of the next match.

This isn't to mention that you can stunlock opponents to death with basic attacks, and how somehow a few corrupted files snuck their way into the release of the registered version meaning that hacking is required just to see the game in what would've been it's complete state.

Embed related. Watch at your own risk.

Only 20? I've played, and lost, at least 100 in a row against a guy who was teaching me GGxrd before I got a win.

I dunno if I should get the newest blazblue when it comes out.
I only played the first and 2nd game but the balancing was shit and I hated how hard it was to pull of Hazamas combos.

are the later games a bit more Easier to get into?

As a fellow fan of VF and Shun player, I feel your pain.

FUCK YOU MORI

I'M NOT GAY

Nigga she's a drawing you faggot

2D > 3DPD

and?

maan excited about Nakoruru in KoF14, but she is apparently really broken?

It's less of her being broken and more of her just having no flaws.

well, more knowledge for me

I feel like I'm a similar situation with KoFXIV - the game itself is not easy to pick up (still can't hop to save my life) but besides that, I have very little experience against human players and, now, only weekends to play so I feel like I'm lagging even more. Add to that the fact that KoF will likely not keep its casual crowd for long and everyone that's left will be at least of intermediate level. Picking up the game on weekends only to get repeatedly trounced is very demoralizing.
For that case and if I'm understanding you correctly, there is a silver lining - playing against one person. Having one opponent is a much better way to gauge your flaws and starting to pay attention to the opponent's patterns instead of getting trounced by randoms and never knowing what the hell just hit you.

Side note, KT wants my money. I confess these bastards sometimes know how to reel me in.

Naoto is fucking weird, bunch of moves have different properties when starting from a dash.

I know that feel

Sucks, doesn't it?

I will not cave to temptation. Not this time.

Hey, man. I've got self control. I still haven't bought it or DOA5

You think that's bad? The 3 guys I taught how to play Tekken competitively and that 1 guy I taught how to play Virtua Fighter still have yet to get a win against me.

Well, it's not really bad for me, but I seriously have no idea how they feel or how all of them have won quite a few local tourneys when they still can't beat someone who has never changed his main and I rarely change how I play, then again I play as Lei and Shun so confusing the enemy is my forte.

Self control has nothing to do with it, bud. I go where my waifu goes. please let TxSF be good if she's in it

I rarely get hyped so naturally I will be getting Central Fiction.

Jubei should have been up for selection with Continuum Shift but that didn't happen.

Didn't play CF but in ChronoPhantasma Extend, Terumi (who is the past version of Hazama) is just easymodo: the character with a bunch of supers but not really good at high level play in CFEX. Kagura is also another easy character to use as is fucking Celica. Bullet and Amane are harder to use with a few gimmicks but Azrael is just unga.

That's really a stupid outfit but on the other hand he already did Noel's redesign so you should already expect for shit. At least Noel has the old costume as unlockable.

After getting CS at release buying the 3 DLC characters and Kokonoe on CP just for an Extend version to come out a year after with no compatibility with the vanilla version, I will wait this time. Might get Revelator in a few months or just wait for the PC version of CF in 2018

Nah, Tecmo can go eat ten billion dirty nigger assholes. Holy shit I'm actually mad. Not even worth a pirate.

I guess the point is that people really shouldn't be ashamed of losing countless times, especially when starting up. God knows fighters aren't easy to get into, and it's even harder to catch up to people that take it seriously when you start from a few years behind.

I sort of want to main Rachel for new BB, but don't want to get labeled as someone who picks little girls, since I already play as May.

Would they have transferable play styles enough to warrant choosing her? It would be nice to learn someone completely new.

What? That's half the reason I downloaded the free one that just came out.

I have that issue, I play Rachel and Plat in BB and May in GG ironically though I think loli is shit. Fit girls are the best.

Are there any resources around for Bloody Roar Primal Fury/Extreme?

I'd like to learn how to git gud at it. Not super gud, but enough that I feel like I understand the mechanics well and can do some cool combos with the fame.

Rachel has a lot of shenanigans with throwable item placement and wind rushdown/keepaway/throwing traps at people. I wouldn't say she's much like May outside of May's dolphins.

There's really no need for any of that. It's an extremely basic fighter, a good entry point for beginners. If you go on Metacritic you can see official game reviewers, despite being casual shitters, actually complained about the game being too simple.

I had to teach my friend how to play fighters. He thought he was good because he beat his friends back at home who, too, didn't know how to play fighters. He lost many games for hours on end and now he's almost on my level after giving him tons of advice and showing him how to improve.

Reconsider why you're losing. An easy way to lose to doing lots of guessing or risking everything just to hit them back. Are you reacting to what they're doing or are you guessing on what they're going to do next? A good player will use the former, but will condition the opponent to make their guess work easier if they're willing to take that risk. If you're good at setups, the guessing part becomes much easier.

Learn your strings, your branches, and your cancel points. Also learn what causes a stumble on block.

Being concerned with something so minor is laughable tbh

Thanks for the info user.
I will most likely play some Terumi and get back into hazama once the game feels abit more easier to play.

Do you want to play Rachelle because she's a loli or because you like her playstyle? She seems to play nothing like May.

There may not be a need for it but I wanna do it anyways

Also, what about the same question with 3?

She is nothing like may, really the only connection is having zoning and trap tools i.e.
Rachel - Lobelias and George XIII
May - Dolphins and beachball
But they're not comparible in the same use.

I have a reputation as not a paedophile to uphold.

I like her aesthetics, not in a romantic way, and I thought the wind mechanic was cool when I tried BBCP, but I also like Hakumen and Tsubaki. I'd probably pick her of she was an adult, because I care what people think of me.

May certainly isn't like Rachel in that regard, it's a bit more coordination with Rachel when it comes to her move sets (placement of traps, George XIII, etc) which is where a lot of the fun of playing as her comes from is knowing when to use proper placement.

Whatever you say m80

I don't think that, but my housemates will ask questions when I make my RachelxMay stick art.

So?

Unless they're fucking or making out, I really don't think they'll care if you just say "oh those are just the characters I'm best at" or something

I'd work on getting more privacy in your current place or trying to live on your own.

Part 2 of that Pokken shoryuken thing is out:

shoryuken.com/2016/10/10/the-pulse-of-pokken-top-players-talk-present-and-future-of-pokken-tournaments-scene-part-2/

nigger c'mon.

I generally don't care what people think of me unless it comes to illegal sexual perversions.

Stick art is made to be seen. I'd certainly not be the biggest waifufag at my locals, but getting there.

Exactly. I can't go Rachel and May because that's too much child. I've got May already.

Ooo that's nice I don't have a costume stick yet but it definitely have Rachel on it once I get started working on one.

I think you missed the point. Its your main, there's not always sexual thoughts going on there.

You really shouldn't give a shit. I have loli figurines on my shelf and ero loli and monster girl doujins under them. I hide none of it and invite friends over to play. Some are pretty normalfag and gave zero shits. Some thought they were cool or thought the loli was too lewd. If you don't give a fuck, they won't give a fuck. If you act like a dork about it then they'll make fun of you for it because it's an easy way to push your buttons.

Now slap your loli mains onto your stick and win.

Now if this was Canada or Europe then I can see why you might be worried. But it's not like your stick is pic related where it could raise an eyebrow.

Not yet she's not

I just meant that abusing children is illegal, and the mind wanders when a man chooses two under age characters, since that's the society we love in, not that the stuck art would be illegal.

I don't care about being made fun of, it's the genuine thoughts of weirdness. I'm from an old enough age bracket that I would be seen as a sick old man.
But you know what, it's not that big a deal, and when i get the game I will genuinely give her proper consideration. Tsubaki and hakumen are the others I am considering, and I'll try not to veto Rachel based on age.

She does have the best stage, after all.

Possible Freudian slip.
*live

put out a new TF2 set based on Birdie from STREETS

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779419246

KOF PC fucking when?

Think about it.

Is the better playing beating your ass with move you don't know? Take the time to learn them and master the basic mechanics of the game.

Assuming you're better then that, switch up your play style to throw him off for a couple of rounds. If you're offensive, go defensive, and vice versa. Learn his quirks and habits and look for openings in his attacks. Don't even worry about landing a hit in, instead experiment to see what you can get away with.

Next, learn what moves you can get away with, and link them into combos that start with that move.

I myself might have a very different fighting style then you in fightans, my specialty is mindgames and zoning characters and I suck outside them. So find what you're good at.

Play in training mode if you can, and make a really, REALLY long ass combo through trial and error, beat it into your brain, and use it in that fight. Always start with a quick, hard to punish move when constructing a combo.

There's many approaches, but it all starts with stop getting down on yourself and think of these beatdowns as training, because if you don't, you won't improve. If your opponent is a taunter, ignore him and shut him out. The game is all that matters in that case. Human players are SUBJECT to habit more then AI.

Don't punish yourself, punish HIM.

Seriously why is this game free, no effort flash garbage clogs steam greenlight but this isn't there? I would pay money for it.

Just download mods with clothing destruction, soft engine is a meme.

Actually, you'd be surprised what a good mentorship can do to someone, even people who are not used to fightans. I didn't have anyone to teach me so it took me years to really git gud at fightans I'm really good at, mostly from watching other players, especially ones who used the same main and when I got internet it was a fucking godsend because I could look at top level players from Japan and Korea and pick up a few pointers from them.
After about 2-3 months every person I mentored was at a solid level of expertise and they were already able to light some local arcades on fire with their crazy combos and juggles and none of them came from a fighting game background.

Play to have fun; winning is secondary.
abc.net.au/news/topic/depression
youtube.com/watch?v=dPj2ZxvJD_4

My crotch!

Good point. I guess I've mostly been like you and taught myself. I've seen people start playing after me improve faster than me with proper support.

I had trouble finding people that would play me since I was so shit, until one guy caved and taught me the mechanics and actually made me look up videos online.

Halloween

Found a really interesting looking template. It's a template for nearly every fighting game SNK made.

Perhaps legal issues. It's still a modified MUGEN engine and all that.

I think he means why isn't MUGEN on steam? And the real answer is because they'd never make any money anyhow. I still use the old LinMugen build over 1.0 or 1.1 or whatever might be out now. Works great for the old characters I have. 9ball's MB don't work anymore but otherwise it's been fine.

Is that rootkit thing with SFV over?
I know i could be playing something else, but i just want to know in case i ever get invited by someone to play it

Yes, they removed it with a patch the day after the Urien update.

Tell your friend to watch this

I just played SFV after a couple of months of hiatus.

I still fucking hate it. I fuckload more frustrated than in MKX 50/50 edition.

Anyone here stay DFC Ignition for the PS4? Willing to test my skills online if anyone is willing to play.

So what do you play now?

All Hallows Eve
youtube.com/watch?v=zSPki6tfGC8>>10950048

Can you hate the game design but love the engine? That's my reaction on SF3

What shit game lists.

Garbage like Jojo and Skillgirls is there, but not many far more interesting/better fighting games

Castlevania, the one true fighting game.

But seriously, I thought MKX was autopilot, mashy, coinflipy and too much in favour of the attacker but SFV is just out of this world.

Scizor announced for Pokken, more gameplay here:

youtube.com/watch?v=PT3NujXW46M

inb4 i'm the only one who cares about this game

I prefer Just Defend and Guard Cancels from Garou over Parries in SF3

So what are you actually playing?

Is it the Wii version of castlevania?

I came here just to post that. Looks like we're waiting for the NX to actually get this arcade stuff, though, so there's no point getting too excited now no matter how cool he looks (and he does look great).

I quit the game because I found the balance atrocious between vanilla arcade pokemon (as in the ones the game launched in arcades with) and the pokemon they updated the game with. I didn't even play a vanilla pokemon, I just found a match-up so stacked in my main's favour that it just didn't feel right.

When they finish releasing the full roster I might get back into it maybe.

Heh, I didn't know there was a Castlevania fighting game. I was just making a shitty joke.

I'll try to finish OoE and Dracula's Curse by the end of this month.

motherfucker, my friend told me there was an umineko game coming out and I told him there was an old one. He hyped up a new one but it's just a years late translation

oh well, I'll probably buy it and refigure the game out

That's some gundam shit right there.

Why the fuck would you attack high while he was parrying high? What a goddamn retard. "Hurr he's parrying my fireballs that hit high, spinkicks ought to do the trick, durrrrrr". A single sweep would have killed him too, stupid fuck. Blew all his meter on a second special that hit exactly like the one the guy was parrying already too oh my fucking god what a scrub. Was this supposed to be an example as to why SFIII sucks? All it shows is that the Akuma player has no fucking clue what he's doing. That Ryu was completely defenseless while parrying the fireball, he was practically begging to be sweeped and dipshit mcgee here fucked it all up.

Then he would eat the rest of the fireball and die. The whole point of fireballs in III is to parry bait and continue combos, not to spam like a slack jawed retard. I'm convinced everyone who hates Third Strike can't play the game worth shit.

this honestly, there will always be someone who puts more autism than you into the game

How accurate is this video?

Tekken needs more players like Pokchop. The rematch between those two was hilarious.

How do I get good?

Keep playing and learn from your mistakes.

Read the thread, there's some good advices here

Keep practicing your character. You'll learn more facing human players instead of facing bots. Read some of the guide that are in the OP. If you can, watch replays of your matches to see where you went wrong and where you can improve.

What game/character?

Remember you are going to suck for a long time, and there's always going to be people better than you and you should play them as much as possible.

People, just a thought exercise, but, have you notice that Nether is not showing anything about Injustice 2 for quite some time?
The last time they showed a new character was almost two months ago. From what I saw, it seems they noticed that plenty of people found the models terrible, mostly the female ones.
I wonder, would this be Nether trying to fix their shit since people are pointing at the stuff they are showing and comparing to games like the Arkham series, or Witcher?
I mean, WB probably don't want more stuff to burn DC name, and the reception to the Injustice models were bad.

I know MKvsDC was a Midway game, but, didn't many people from that team worked in Injustice too?

It's possible. They improved Wonder Woman a little bit after her reveal trailer, so she looked slightly less hideous in the playable demos. Hopefully they are serious about getting the models to look better before they make more reveals.

They seem to like taking long breaks in between character reveals though. I remember in the days leading up to MKX a lot of fans were getting annoyed at how little info they had released over such a long period of time.

So I got the PAL version of Jojo ASB and I can't for the life of me figure out how to install the campaign pack 2 shit. Is it just impossible for me since i'm using a US console? Does this mean I can't use the DLC?

What would be good about showing Injustice 2. I'm guessing our suspicions are right about the consume upgrades and the models being atrocious so they will continue to get flak on that end. They would also probably get flack on new character models they make, and they will probably get the same shit about it being not as good as SF. Their main cash cow is casuals who will buy it on the fact that it has DC characters, not the fgc or people who want to play technically impressive games( or a games that should improve on the predecessor).

Yeah, so far they showed five new characters and five returning ones. It's not that bad, but, small as it is, they should keep some hype about the game. Two months and absolutely nothing can be a problem for a franchise that is new, and didn't shake any foundations before.
This is not MK and people will literally forget about Injustice if they don't act.

DLC is locked through regions. PAL copy will not run NTSC dlc. I tried it before with other games, like Anarchy Reigns.

I wanna get into 3D fighters but wanna play on PC. Is DOA5 the only 3D fighter on PC atm?

okay so set up a fake EU account then?

Emulate Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, the quest mode has really good ai

I kinda wanted to prepare for Tekken 7. Was hoping maybe an earlier version was on PC.
Guess I have no choice but to get off my ass and find my old 360 in storage and play Tekken Tag 2.

To be honest, the FGC is a terrible compass for any games to follow. Most of it is devoted religiously to Capcom. But worse than the FGC is the fucking DOTA and it's clones fans they want to get. Something Capcom did in SFxTK and failed, but still managed to sell more than one million copies.

Not exactly, you do have emulators, but if you want to focus on games ported, DOA 5 LR is the best option at the moment. Tekken 7 is coming, but you also have EF-12, LASTFIGHT and Combat Core(both Power Stone esque), Blade Symphony(kind of a fighter).

Yep. In Anarchy I could only activate the Bayonetta DLC code on an EU account. It worked perfectly.

What did you saw?

DOA 5 is pretty good, but online is dead for me in AUS. Tekken 7 soon.

not soon enough

I'm afraid of buying CF since they'll probably release CFEX in a year or so

Get a regular training partner that has about your skill level and passion.

Tap back to JD? Seems low risk to me…

Garou: Mark of the Wolves/Initial release date
November 26, 1999

Ryu is smexy

Let's hope not.

Why exactly would that matter unless you're going to be playing that game for a whole year? You're going to be enjoying the game and a new version coming out suddenly removes the enjoyment? Sure you will get the feeling that you're not playing the full version but that doesn't negate the fun you'll be having with this version. Besides you can always move to another fighter for the next year and get back on BB when the Extend version comes out.

Every day, but that won't stop me from trying

What would you guys say are the top three most played fighting games now?

In what context? If you want to just not be playing a dead game then I think perhaps start with one you like and just hope someone else plays it, since it's a waste of time playing something you don't like such as SFV or MKX just because it's popular.

Top three recent worldwide would be Tekken 7, MKX, and then SFV perhaps.

Top three on Holla Forums would maybe be SFV, GGxrd, and KoFXIV.

I could be completely wrong. I javent bothered to look at sales figures. Are you including Smash and Pokken? Because that would change things, too.

Is there anywhere I can find a writeup on character changes from BBCP to CF? Dustloop's still a bit empty, and I want to know if I should bother practicing before it comes out.

If you go to the Dustloop Character Forums and then look for the [CF] tag you can see the changelogs to the character for a good number of them, usually under [CF] (character) Gameplay Discussion threads.

Example:
dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/10987-cf-ragna-gameplay-discussion/

My friend didn't bother telling me he was volunteering during this match, he saw the whole thing live and was just laughing his ass off

Since they showed Supergirl and WW, there were youtubers, twitter and pretty much every comment section on gaming sites with people shitting on the quality of the models, even in the trailers. People told it to Boon on twitter too.
But it's just speculation.
I think people said they changed WW a bit, but I could not find anything about it.

Is this image still true today?

Change VS fans to Mortal Kombat fans and it will be more accurate.

This should be Virtua Fighter fans.

Nigga, no. Len, normal Arc, Sion, or bust.
Eat shit, Satsuki

BB fans should be similar to the Arcana Heart picture but with a Bang or Tager daki. Smash should be changed to a picture of a manchild getting upset at casuals.

I just slapped an Autism speaks logo for the already existing smash picture to be lazy but here ya go.

So does this slow motion only happen if both players can die? clips.twitch.tv/tekken/MagnificentHyenaBleedPurple

it happens anytime the winning strike is about to occur and both players press a button

What would guilty gear fans be?

Nerdy Rock and Metal fans

Makes sense.

I love this effect so much. If this became standard in Fighting games from now on I would not mind one bit.

I've actually never been much of a Tekken fan and preferred VF5 and DoA5:LR over the Tekken games I've played. What makes Tekken 7 good for you Tekken fans and what do you think it does better than other 3D fighters besides graphics?

You're so wrong it's not even funny.

Honestly, Tekken 7 is really hit and miss. Soundtrack is Dubstep shit, roster is still shit, and balance is hit and miss depending on how you feel about Hwaorang and fucking Steve dominating tiers again. Vanilla 7 was really bad.

I've played tekken since 1 so I have stockholm syndrome

7 just feels like 6 without the bound with some revolution supers thrown in.

If DoA didn't exist I'd put Tekken down as the anime of 3D fighters

Akuma and his fireballs are like shit smeared on top of tekken. What the fuck where you thinking Harada?

If you thought that was bad, look at old videos of Vanilla 7. Harada didn't even use the Unreal 4 Engine to it's potential out of making the Mishimas and Lars look good, and even he half-assed Heihachi's model.

I don't really play tekken outside of Tag 1&2 casually. How bad is akuma?

Akuma was actually bullshit good where Japanese and Korean players dominated the entire roster, making tourneys look really bad. Everybody bitched about him, so Harada had to nerf him while adding Fat Bob to the game.

So what do people think of possible Baiken (and maybe anji) rumours/leaks? I think baiken's hair shading looks a bit weird, and apparently she is too tall compared to jam, although I think it makes sense her being taller anyway, so they could have changed that aspect of her from old games.

Eh, I threw out a guess because I heard it was really popular, and I know tekken is a popular franchise. Give us your list of most popular games right now.

When is a good time to learn a new character? I only know Ky but I'm getting destroyed in every match. Do I get good with Ky and then switch to May, or should I just switch now?

please be real please be real
PLEASE BE REAL!

It's called being an aware consumer. Why buy a game when you know a better version will just be released a year later? It's a waste of money

Be real. At least, Baiken is not dead.. like darkstalkers

SFV Urien can grab when the opponent is in hit stun from an Aegis Reflection projectile?

If you have people to play with locally then just get it. If not you can just pass on it.

Out of Holla Forums, I'd say MKX, Street Fighter, and I guess KoF now. I want to say KI, but I feel like KI got shafted by the fgc's hypocrisy while Season 3 is complete shit.

Keep trying unless you just don't feel the character. Play against the AI to learn a few more things before you play with somebody, but if you're not feeling Ky at all, just move on.

I want to believe. And then complain about Testament not being added.

This board might not be the fastest. But I like you guys anyways.

Anyone watching the toushinsai stream? Single round GGxrd eliminations were really good.

m.twitch.tv/toushinsaiofficialtv

Mk in the fighters general threads, or just Holla Forums in general? No way mk is that popular here.

If you're thinking about it then you probably aren't that attached to the character. Switch to May and make this place a definitely may-centric zone. May harder to use than my though, and my is good to learn game mechanics with.

My = ky

mortal kombat should be juggalos
or a picture of a 13 year old with a cigarette or something

Fgc in general.

MK isn't popular here, but some people were interested in playing the shitty PC version.

actually I think it should be kids like the smash pic.
I just got back from the fighting game club I run inside a lounge at a bowling alley and it was a kids birthday today and all his friends hurdled around MK and played nothing else.

I always wonder how these CP spam bots pick what threads they spam

Fuck off, your tricks won't work here.

seriously fuck off cp bot

Tekken 7 is really mediocre to me just like 7 was. My main isn't there so I had to make do with my second main and I didn't like it at all. Couple that with the fact that where I'm from VF5:FS is dead and all that's left is playing JJBA:HftF on Fightcade for me.

I meant it was mediocre just like 6 was, my bad.

When's Soul Calibur/Edge?

Sure, enjoy your time.

FGC is mostly focused on Capcom games. KoF KI, MK, hell, even games like VF always have a hard time. There are plenty of people talking about SF V all the time, and, usually, more than any other game.

PC version of MK X was cheaper, have a small mod community, and now it's basic the same as the console.for better or worse, it's the best version now.

I played USF4 with the group once and it's what convinced me to keep at fighting games
So you're all okay in my book

why live

I-I'm sure they'll have something for day 2 right guys?

I'm okay with Capcom not touching Darkstalkers now. I just wish there was even more porn of Morrigan.

What is that game?

No KI got shafted by being an xbone exclusive and then having the PC port be Win10 only. Nobody on Holla Forums is stupid enough to own a bone or use Win10, thus nobody gives a fuck about the game.

Battle High 2, the gif is of a version that I don't think has been released yet. I think it's on Desura for a dollar or something.

It's made by someone who loves fighting games but actually sucks at them, so while some things may seem polished at first, the balance is fucking awful: each stock of meter is only used for dash cancelling (More like Roman Cancels with forward momentum rather than FADC without the FA, you can act immediately etc) which can also be done in the air while full stocks is for super but why would you ever use it when you have the best thing since actual roman cancels? IIRC one of the characters has a teleport attack infinite as well. I think it could be good shit with friends.

Street Fighter is the FGC version of Super Smash Brothers.

Reminds me of how in SF4 nobody used Supers and just used EX and cancels instead.

Oh jesus, I didn't know Desura died. I wouldn't know where to find a PC version, but you can find the latest version of the game on Xbone

Alright, I found the PC version. It's not the "Super" version like on the Xbone but it's there and it's free on here: mattrified.itch.io/bh2

Looks like P5A is probably going to be a thing.

Copy-pasted from Eventhubs:
During the medal ceremony at Toushinsai's Arc Revolution Cup 2016 portion tonight, after presenting prizes to the victors, each game's director got to speak a few words to the fans.
Kazuhisa Wada, the director for the Persona 4: Arena series, from Atlus, was well aware that fans are really hoping to see a new installment in the fighting game series now that Persona 5 is out and has been greatly received all over Japan.
While there was nothing official to announce just yet, Wada's comments were extremely positive for any hopefuls out there.
Regarding a Persona 5: Arena title… We've just finished putting our all into Persona 5 itself, so it'd have to be something we'd discuss further down the line. But I definitely want to make it happen.

Incidentally, is P4A any good? I was pretty hyped for it at first but the region lock bullshit and the VA cast all getting replaced by inferior versions with no dual-audio to amend it killed all interest I had in it.

It's more auto-combo-heavy than Dengeki Bunko, it's fun enough but it's not a game you'll want to take a seriously as say, Guilty Gear or something.

Maybe they'll add in some Persona 2 characters this time? Maybe explain where the fuck Nyarlathotep is?

twitter.com/KantaKun/status/787350850868051968
RIP Baiken

That was mean

I'd do some ridiculous shit just so I could play as the fuhrer

That sounds awesome, I can way to see her in the game

JUST

SCR pools are currently running.

MKX
twitch.tv/leveluplive

T7
twitch.tv/tekken

SFV
twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Smash, KoF14, and GGXR will be on in a few hours.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pyfntsSnzNiTiWGAf3XWWBLKVrxiHvo9N4-WDDydQBs/htmlview?sle=true#

I liked.

They'll probably have the P4 cast hijack the game.

Around moors, lock your doors.

Speaking of disappointments, looks like BB fans aren't getting the cat either.

archive.is/Sl6Js

Well, looks like Shoryuken is becoming a sjw shit-hole after praising this tranny scum bag who resorted to prostitution for a ticket, and tried to doxx some guy over a loss.

Fighting game franchises are really doing their best to purge old characters nowadays.
Guilty Gear Xrd
And if we look at the pool they made, the chances of these characters appear is very low.

Mortal Kombat X
All of these characters, except Skarlet and Sheeva, who are present in the comic, appear in the game in some form, but are not playable.

KoF
I mean, OK, they could not bring everyone, and they already have 50 characters. But, Hein and not Yamazaki? Many of the characters appearing in the endings but not playable again? And the game already confirmed Ash is back, so, buckle up!

The best thing about Ash were his partners, I couldn't care less about that flaming faggot, but Oswald and Shen were awesome and Duo Lon was bearable.

you ain't my nigga

Ever since [CURRENT YEAR: CURRENT HARDER] that the FGC's been putting these jackasses on a pedestal.
A commentator there (that I'd wager is one of "our regulars") said it pretty well.

Side note, I remember Rick also getting 'giefed to kingdom come. Seems like he's a bad matchup for trannies.

I don't mind some veterans not returning provided that the new characters are at least as equally good but bar KoF, that's not the case.
GG IMHO is turning into BB (Aria clones being the equivalent of the Swiss army knife chicks, Raven got redesigned to be a obvious expy of the fedorafag and Baiken is looking too Kokonoe for my tastes); MK isn't my thing but X's roster is godawful, everyone wears too much navy blue and all the female characters look terribly bland (while the veteran male characters still look a bit stylized); for KoF, not having characters like Yamazaki, Shermie and Kasumi was gut-wrenching but I really like most of the newcomers (main Luong and Antonov), even if I don't play some of them. If XV happens, I hope it delivers.
And as for SFV, for me, it's undoubtedly the worst bunch of newcomers in the series (including EX3 :^) ) but I didn't get the game so I don't really give a fuck.

But you're my bounceball brother.

Sorry, but KOF had so many characters I wanted back that I missed her.
But, to be honest, Kasumi was playable in more games than Chizuro. But, to show you how sorry I am, have a cute dog.

That's just cruel

Just keep playing. You can always have another match.

neber give up!

Just a heads up, The Last Blade 2 is on sale today on PSN.

It's also free on fightcade

All I'm saying the more money SNK gets, the fast we'll get a KoF XIV PC port and Samurai Shodown VII

Does fightcade work with 3d games like older tekken or vf?
How is fightcade for 2d games using 3d models?

Bonus:
youtube.com/shared?ci=m7NVCqVhKkk

Neat. Looks like a kusoge that can be fun with friends.

Nigga, I'm gonna bop you.

As shit as Skullgirls is, I like the art and palette references.

I don't know if Fightcade supports anything other than Neo Geo and CPS2 and CPS3 style games, honestly. Maybe others, I don't know.

No and no. It's FBA and it's supposedly going to support Sega Genesis/Megadrive in the future but there were no updates since March.

So when GGXR and KoF begins?

The pools were scheduled to start an hour ago, but MKX pools are still wrapping up. It looks like there's only a couple sets left to run, try checking the streams again in ten or fifteen minutes.

Great game Capcom. Well done. Good job. Decades of experience in this genre really paid off.

My fight money!

Ghandi's SF4 Ryu > Jimmy Penguin's SFV Ken

fighting dumb people is a skill of its own

Sorry, I was wrong. MKX pools are finished but now they're playing top 16 on the channel meant for GGXR. They're going to start streaming KoF14 pools on this channel soon though.

twitch.tv/leveluplive2

What is it with smug woke niggers and PEEE OH CEEE in fighting games? It seems like there are fuck load of them all over especially when compared to other genres.

The fuck? You're just now noticing this?

nigs are all over fighting games because of arcades

I am just getting into fighting games. Has it always been like this? Like shit I mean I could understand 1 or 2 here or there, it will happen. But its all fucking over, and God forbid you don't get on your knees and grovel. Why is it so wide spread here?

Also Sega was popular in poorer areas, and Sega had more and better versions of existing fighting games.

???
just play game

Whip? Nah sir, I have a better choice. Remember I said characters that never had a chance? Yeah.

I'm not an old school fighting game player, I only started seriously getting into them 3-4 years ago. But yeah, it's been like this for a while.

I have no idea what you even mean by this. If you tried checking out your local scene and got treated like shit, it's got more to do with them being complete assholes than anything about race.

I really hope SNK makes a new Art of Fighting eventually or at least implements AoF's Spirit/Taunting system into another fighter. That shit was fun

JP kicks Itazan into losers…

The fighting game community has been like this for years, and they're trying to make a living out of being pot-smoking bums who play shitty video games. Now the sjws are trying to get a piece of the pie.

Arcades weren't just a black kid thing. They gave you something to do after school, and I always looked forward to playing Tekken or Gauntlet: Dark Legacy after shitty days at high school. I had nothing better to do when I was at the mall, so I played fighting games like Tekken.

Asian kids are just as douchey. A lot of them were autists over Marvel vs. Capcom 1 & 2, Vampire Savior, and Third Strike.

My turf mostly had Namco arcades, but there one or two in farmer's markets that would get all kinds of games, and even CPS3 shit. The farmer's market ones were great, but the Namco ones were hit and miss (one fat guy who worked there hated my ass every time I went there. He's probably some sjw shitlord now).

The fgc has always been horrible, and non-SoCal scenes aren't any better.

Actually, the more money SNK gets, the more ability they will have to shift their business strategy away from catering to 'niche' fans, and rereleasing old IPs. Mass success would allow them to make a new game with a wide audience. Sure it costs some money to port games, but a PC port of kof xiv would most likely already have been planned, or if not it would be used as a way to widen the market and get extra funds needed. Being successful would still require an increase in their rate of profit each new release, and would eventually lead to them widening the audience even further like capcom or WB. It's best if SNK stay smaller than those guys.

Some people like to blame anything they can for a loss, or find any excuse to bow out of the genre without putting in the effort.

You're always going to find people that talk shit to you when they beat you, and people really shouldnt blame race if you can't handle it.

With, Garou/Fatal Fury, SamSho, Last Blade and other more popular franchises how would that even work?

Buriki One is more likely than a new AOF

No OS-ing in SFV? Yea right, Combofiend…

You want SNK to remain small for what reason? Remember SNK could have died if it weren't for Korean Won (via Playmore),,,

Thanks for the responses. I didn't really need more than though.

My record's around 1-49 or something like that. I like playing against better players but it wears me down.

I feel that a lot of my losses come from a self-reinforcing circle of bad combo execution & missed damage and low confidence, which makes my play unstable. It's not like I don't try grinding training mode to fix my execution up, but I don't have a lot of fun with it which means that I progress only slowly and sporadically, and forget to apply the lessons after the first few matches. Playing is far more fun than training for me, but if I lose because I didn't train, it's frustrating.

That's just basic buffering

Well, seems like you need someone to mentor you so you can learn while playing rather than grinding it out in training mode and then forgetting most of the stuff you did in training mode and wondering if any of the stuff you learned is viable.

I doubt a mentor will be able to improve my BnB execution.

Playing against anything other than a human beings fucks with your skills in Fightan, playing against a human who knows your character and can give you input advices is even better, there's quiet a few game with weird buffer mechanics that are extremely hard to explain over internet but can be taught extremely quickly by just replaying another's guy stick sound in your head. Fightan executions is 90% trained reflexes 10% actual thought.

Ban is really great when he isn't drawing penises all over his grills. Even though he draw some really good looking penises

That's just a buffer. The super would have come out if the opponent blocked too, so it's not really covering options like an option select should.

Alpha footage of some indie fighting game. Looks kind of meh visually, like a simpler Tartakovsky artstyle, but it looks like it has potential.

tl;dr Savior of the fgc in vid related

Smallish. So they make good games rather than AAA blockbuster game of the year shite.

flowchart is basically reverse yomi

speaking of which

Yeah, he will. I know from experience as a mentor myself, even something which comes down to muscle memory or motor skills can be taught. For example the guy I've taught how to play Heihachi in Tekken, I'm not a Mishima player myself, but I know how to play Heihachi decently well and I know how to wavedash quickly and do the EWGF consistently (the difference between it and the WGF is that the former is a just frame move and it has some properties which makes it better, the most important being that it's safe on block), this is something you can't really explain and learning it yourself isn't that easy either, but the people I've taught how to do it spent most of the time looking at my hands and could do EWGFs consistently after an hour or so.

If you can do it in Practice mode fine but fuck it up in an actual match then it's just your nerves. In order to be good at any games, not just Fightans, you need to essentially become an emotionless robot. Emotions just make you do irrational and stupid things that you otherwise never would have done. You need to clear your mind and stop worrying, if you lose a match it's no big deal at all, nobody dies, your life doesn't change, etc. Plus you can watch the replay and learn from your mistakes, so in a way it can actually be a good thing.

If you worry about your combo execution while you're doing one then you're not devoting 100% to actually doing the combo, you're split between worrying and actually pressing buttons. Worrying will lead you to fucking up your button timing and forgetting things mid combo due to your brain being to busy worrying to remember shit.

Just remember that a match is no big deal it all, it's just a game. I only got good at Fighting games when I stopped giving a fuck and just played it logically instead of emotionally. Also it could just be shitty netcode, who knows?

jej

There's definitely something not quite right about this game. I wouldn't be surprised if it had nothing in common with other fighters under the hood.

If it's not shit, why would anyone play it?

Sagat was such bullshit in Vanilla SF4. The tears of Sagat players when he finally got nerfed were delicious.

No one probably will outside of a niche community, it's an indie game after all. Hardly can compete with Sony bux.

Look who's getting an Arcade release?

KOFXIV coming for the NESiCAxLive2 system.
SFV will get some sort of PC with an arcade cabinet.

What's your main?

Also, while the balance can feel frustrating at times, if you take a step back it's actually really well done.

Pretty much every character has won a few majors, and at most there's only like 3 tiers, if even that, a lot of people in the scene would only say there's two.

Bonchan was like the only guy that stuck with him after all the nerfs

twitter.com/mattrified/status/787675918370209796

Seems like the game will be updated this year.

Chandelure. This was pre-patch. I've made a huge post ranting about it before but basically after I got beaten by a Blaziken, I decided to go into the lab and see what my options against Blaziken were. Turns out while Field Phase is fairly even, Duel Phase was hugely stacked in Chandelure's favor because of Up-Y and Back-Y cancels so when I rematched that Blaziken along with other Blaziken players, I had a pretty damn good streak going and it made me feel terrible.

PC port NEVER EVER

As much as I play fighting for fun, I still get nervous during even the smallest of tournaments, and sometimes against people who I know I can beat, and should beat, and have no excuse to lose against… That sort of builds pressure sometimes. I play a lot better with people who are either way better than me, or who I am not expected to be better than, too.

I can play a local guy in casuals and online, and usually win, but as soon as something is riding on it, I start to worry needlessly.>>10988587

AS a guy who owns p4au
Don't get it. Online is dead ps3 online not sure about 360, story sucks and ends how you expect it. dlc for 3 characters who only 2 out of 3 got nerfed margaret is broken to fucking hell 9 FUCKING PERSONA CARDS
and no 2.0 patch unless they port it over to ps4 and xbone.

Its fun don't get me wrong but, the fun stops when online is dead and you get bored of doing single player stuff.

Also known as the reason arcades and the Japanese video game industry are fucked.

naw nigga, hop on that Rise or Yu bullshit. Marge is pretty easy to deal with, only busted thing she has is her projectile which is still pretty easy to deal with

do that stupid sonic boom shit, but then again you kanji lmao

Why's that?

I always screw it up

If Nameless ever does come back, how do you think they'll try to explain his role in the plot?

it's either bad and lazy plot involving him stalking Kula (since apparently Chin has random plot involvement with K') or him being part of a new team like how Angel does in Team Mexico in KoF XIV but he might have an interaction with Sylvie imo

Who balanced the DLC characters really? Neo_G left before they were given to the public and such.

Tbh I only come to these threads for the lewds.

I like Tekken though

S-rank Ken
youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc

also tetsu_(kimuchi)

Team SF4 trying not to make dlc characters too good *koff* Yun *koff*

lewd.

Does Ken not throw fireballs in SFV or did that guy just not use any?

Oh shit nigger what are you doing

That Ken did use a few fb vs Itazan
Guess he decided that fb was useless vs Dhalsim

I want to fuck that swan.

It's the Steam (wait, no, most faggots here love Valve…) Origin of arcade games. The games are under total control of an online server, forced updates, no ownership, and disappear into a black hole when all is said and done.

It's a fucking arcade machine in a public area, not a private PC.

People privately own arcade cabinets, boards, and games. You know this, right? Or at least, they did.

You do realize that arcade machines were all owned by a private companies, right? Now it's like leasing Windows for a public terminal, you live under the fear of needing to upgrade the terminal because one day Microsoft might say "Sorry, that's not supported anymore" and everything on it was lost. It's dumb, but it's one of the only way arcade games publish themselves in Japan.

JUST RELEASE TVC ON MODERN CONSOLES GODDAMN IT CAPCOM

DFAOFHAOFGNAOGHAOGMAOFNAOFNAOFJASOJFOASHGOANGOAJH

First of all, they just can't re-release it whenever they want. They need to get the tatsunoko license to do anything with it again. second of all

I will never understand the retards that insist that a 3ds is an acceptable platform for a fighting game.

R63 Alex mod when?

I tried playing TvC on a WiiU and everything seemed distinctly worse. The graphics, the actual gameplay felt bugged, nothing seemed right. Am I going crazy or is that actually how it was? Friend of mine just kept spamming a grab as PTX40 and I couldn't tech it, and it grabbed me while I was in air even though he did a crouch animation.

My negroes.

Real shame FGs don't get the love they used to from artists.

no that's right, if you couldn't tech it, it's because for whatever reason giant characters have to be teched by doing a 360 instead of forward. 5 years of marvel 3 has made me forget how TvC feels, love the game but it's really different

WHY
But at least I know now

It was even more frustrating online since one of your inputs would drop and you'd never know, yet strangely I never had trouble inputting hyper bomb for alex.

Even funnier if you can't tech PTX's throw then it turns into an infinite

Yeah, I know that first hand.

If it has buttons and a d-pad, you can use it for fighting games. It may not be as comfortable as a normal controller, fightstick, keyboard or ect but it's workable. I play tons of fighting games on my Vita and PSP without any problems all the time when traveling for work. Managed to get through long ass road trips as a kid playing KoF 95 on my gameboy.

The only handheld device you can't play fighting games on is mobile devices with touchscreen only.

Just because you can doesn't mean it's not a terrible idea.

How is it a terrible idea if it works perfectly fine? It's almost exactly the same as playing a fighter with a pad, the only difference is you're looking at a small screen attach to the controller and some people might find it less confortable.

Which is also a terrible idea.

Protip; people can win tournaments with whatever controller their comfortable with. People won tourneys with pads, hitboxes, keyboards or whatever. If it's comfortable for them they can win because in the end it all comes down to player skill; not the controller they use.

I'm not saying that people can't play and win with a handicap. I'm saying that it's a terrible idea and one shouldn't BECOME comfortable with a handicapped play style.

As someone who uses a pad for 3D fighters and a stick for 2D fighters, I'd like to tell you that you're wrong.

Controller input is controller input; there is no handicap between controller options. The only people that try to claim handicap are people that get bodied by players using a controller method they don't like.

You should really stop whining. Let people play the games however they want and work towards getting better instead of blaming controllers when you lose.

Spoken like a true console FPS player.

It's faster to do directional inputs on a pad and on a hitbox/keyboard than on a fightstick.

Nice goalpost sliding.

Yeah, you're making very obvious that you're either in a losing rut on some fighter or you're just shitposting for the sake of shitposting. If it's the former then don't worry buddy; don't give up, you'll win again eventually. Just keep practicing and learn from your mistakes

NEW THREAD

Is it called SFV because it's the 5th time Capcom fucked over their fighting game?