Can you name a single 1st party Nintendo release till the NX that isn't Pokemon Sun and Moon without looking for one...

Can you name a single 1st party Nintendo release till the NX that isn't Pokemon Sun and Moon without looking for one online?

I have never seen a 1st party publisher so dead in the water. All their games keep their price due to small unit numbers and threats to cut off stores, their hardware is either at full market saturation or a commercial dud and all their recent games have been HD remakes or dumbed down bombs.

I know the Wii and 3DS made them enough bank to float on for a long time but from a creative perspective is this the worst state Nintendo has ever been in?

Sony and Microsoft at pretty much any time at all. Which isn't to say Nintendo's doing well right now, but they're pretty much the ONLY first party developer/publisher that's ever been relevant.

Game Freak isn't first party

That makes it even worse!

To be fair he was talking about publishing rather than developing.

is that Pikmin 3DS game coming pre-NX?

Also, how much of a chance NX is pushed back to fall 2017?

I know they're releasing woolly world for 3ds

Either I'm retarded and I'm missing something or "1st/3rd party publishing" isn't a thing. Publishing is just publishing.
When you refer to 1st/3rd party it's usually developers

From my understanding, Nintendo publishes games by companies they don't own at times, especially in foreign regions like the US or Europe where developers can't afford to publish games themselves. I'm not an expert though, so don't quote me on that.

This is why they're releasing the NES/Famicom Classic- to try and survive the holiday season when they literally have nothing decent they can sell other than Sun/Moon.

It's a cheap ploy, maybe it'll work cuz people are stupid and/or want new NES controllers, maybe it won't.

Honestly, though, I wonder if NX is even ready to ship when they claim it is though.
I would not be surprised at all if NX is delayed.
It's unacceptable from a financial perspective to delay it, but if they were ready to show stuff, there's pretty much no reason to not show it off at E3.

Who knows what's actually going on, but if it's true that it's ready to ship, if they have no launch titles it's not smart to just release it

Famicom controllers are attached to the machine, so it's purely a nostalgia cash in

arent they also like the size of a gameboy micro and not intended for adult hands to use?

Nope. And I'm a big Nintendo fanboy, which I will freely admit. Nintendo likes to play it close and not announce things until a couple of months before hand but this shit is getting ridiculous. And TBH I would rather they hold over their ammo and give the NX a solid launch window line-up rather than keep the life support on the Wii U, which is better than is perceived and deserves more than it got. I mean, it's the only console this generation that did anything different and which had decent exclusives. And it managed 1080p and 60fps more frequently than the other two as well.

Wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't seen it.

E3 is such a big PR event that it keeps companies pretty honest- if they think they have a good hand to show, they show it. If they don't have a good hand, they don't show it.

That Nintendo pretty much only showed Sun/Moon and Zelda at E3 2016 says pretty clearly, "This is what we can ship within this financial year (up until March 2017) that's good."
The lack of anything NX says they're not confident NX will ship in March 2017. (It might manage to ship by then, but they aren't actually very confident about it.)
AKA, they're in development hell right now trying to meet a very strict (impossible?) deadline.

Although I will say, whereas Nintendo software releases are predictable at times, Nintendo hardware tends to be much harder to predict.
They could be waiting until end of December to announce any details in order to try and maximize NES/Famicom Classic sales.

The Famicom (Jap version) controllers are attached the to console and are tiny.

The NES Mini (Western release) are normal sized and have Wii controller connection ports so you can use them on virtual console as well.

Damn, that's a shame, wish it was the other way around there.

As an extra note:
NX's release sits right smack on the border where Nintendo would not announce it at E3 2016. In a sense this might make it seem hard to determine whether the lack of showing at E3 2016 means anything, but…
Think about the case that NX launch was delayed past March 2017. At that point, they would almost certainly not announce it at E3 2016. So that they showed nothing at E3 2016 suggest they are close to this very point, if not past it already.
They're playing a really smart game to try and keep everyone guessing, but if you think through all of this a little bit, it's very clear that Nintendo's in a huge pinch right now with this game drought, and so when they're forced to make a move at times like E3 2016, they choose to keep everything under wraps and take the PR damage (since it's less PR damage than showing they aren't actually ready to ship NX when they claimed they'd ship it.)

First party for the wiiU is dead.
Third party for the wiiU is dead.

The wiiU is dead.

Publishing? Mario Maker and Wooly World 3DS ports, um, that Mario 3DS sports collection thing early next year, but apart from that I really can't think of anything else.

The NX has to be revealed before the end of this month guys

r-right?

MFW there will not be a surprise limited launch of the NX in time for Christmas.

the NX will have carts. They want to make this reveal close to the release so that people will be hype and won't second guess them.

Nintendo has people probing game communities, one or two come here, and they test the waters to see what people think about carts, like that n64/consolewars thread we had last week.

I sure hope so.

Pikmin 3ds
Ever oasis (or what it's called)
Mario maker 3ds
Zelda
Maybe some others but i don't remember them now
these are four more games than sony or microsoft have until march 2017 btw

Go away, cuckchan

I know Nintendo games are small but what about third party games? A 50Gb+ cart cannot possibly be cheap to manufacture.

Is this gonna be like the Vita?

Nostalgia fags.

Why would it need to be 50GB+? No game from Nintendo is over 30, to my knowledge. A 32GB SanDisk Extreme is like $16 retail, and I assume it doesn't cost nearly that much to make. Combine it with they can probably get away with 8GB at the most cards, I think they'll be fine.

Fuck, I mean for a Nintendo platform.

third parties

So they can pay for the extra size or they don't get a physical release. It's still pretty inexpensive to get bigger flash memory sizes.

Fuck you, Stan. You took my digits.

But even third party games aren't that big. Monster Hunters are about 2 GB, and even DQ8 was only 4 GB.

the newest Call of Duty is 130GB.

We're talking about video games, not Western Dogshit

Who the fuck would defend an n64?

good point.

For starters you're mistaken in thinking any cartridge that Nintendo would use would be just a standard flash SD card. They'd use some sort of high capacity ROM flash card that would be cheap to mass produce. I wouldn't expect it to have a max capacity of greater than 64 GB, but it is still an improvement over their 25 GB Wii U optical disc developed with Panasonic.

Is the NX going to be a handheld system?

So once again Nintendo makes a system with carts while 3rd party studios make games for bluray. That would be genius really.

Double layer blurays cost pennies.

All I know is Paper Mario Color Splash, and because it's wasted potential. And besides that I can't think of anything else Nintendo is working on

They're being vague as fuck about it, but if it's really their one and only 9th gen system, they will basically have no choice but to have it be a handheld.

Third parties make plenty of games on carts though.

Ever Oasis. It looks fun and comfy. Probably the only game besides Monster Hunter that I've genuinely wanted to purchase of my own freedom since I got a 3ds.

2nd party refers to examples like Rare under partial Nintendo ownership, HAL Laboratory, or Game Freak. The Universal-published Crash and Spyro games also count.

My point was flash memory is cheap, and they'll likely use some kind of cheap but reliable NOR memory which while not as cheap as standard flash memory, isn't crazy like in the 90's.

Are you just pretending to be retarded? Publishers handle what storage format it goes on, not to mention the availability and prevalence of download only games.

It's a new, paradigm shifting concept. It came out yesterday that NX units will come with a bundled conversion of Star Citizen.

OMG haters, didn't you see the metacritic scores for Color Splash? It's the most successful mario rpg on the WiiU to date!

Yeah like Square when they found out the N64 used carts?

Any mario kart game

Nintendo doesn't own them, they partially own the Pokemon IP but that's it, hell Gamefreak even has a game on steam. that's early access.

The Wii U was a bomb and judging by how Nintendo is acting with the NX I don't have much hope for it, why are they being so secretive about it?

You must be an underaged faggot if you don't know the reason JRPGs came out for PSX instead of N64. Carts used to be crazy expensive for little storage space, and the PSX could do FMVs. Gee, I wonder why Square would use a system that allowed them to have 400MB of FMVs instead of just having a game with only in game rendering? Now that solid state memory options are cheap as fuck, it's less of a hinderance with magnitudes of faster seek times than a bluray disc, and less moving parts to fail, and no laser.

The New Super New Mario New Brothers: 2 New

The Paper Mario game

what qualifies something to be a bomb anyways?

It sold like shit and had practically no games? Like, less than the Gamecube no games. PS4 didn't bomb because it somehow sold well without any games. Xbone is just a disaster but all Microsoft consoles are one way or another.

That having been said, hacking the Wii U is incredibly easy and Nintendo has done nothing to patch it out to my knowledge. Just buy a used one and maybe Splatoon (since you can't go online with pirated games last I checked) and it's still probably a better deal than anything but building a decent PC. You've got all 10 Wii U titles, and the built in Wii is a decent Nintendo/Sega/Turbografix emulator. Of course if you have a decent PC you could just emulate the Wii.

Does bayonetta 2 work?

I'm going to pretend you're not retarded and instead just pretending to be one of those people that think the Wii U is just a controller for the Wii. It's understandable, Nintendo did a fucking awful job of explaining that.

But for the record, I don't think that Wii U emulators do Bayo 2 well yet. I don't know if it has any gamepad segments, if it does and they didn't do it the way Wonderful 101 handled it (picture in picture option) then it will be hard to play. Also if they ever get it working or you pick up a cheap/get a free Wii U, Wonderful 101 is also pretty great, play it. I got it back when Nintendo was giving away free games if you claimed you bought like 20 Wii Minis. Or at least that's how it ended up being.

They are less cheap as fuck than optical discs by far. The only significant reason to move away from optical media is reliability, and the cost-benefit doesn't pan out. Unless you're cool with ratcheting up the MSRP to $80 for no good reason, because the kike publishers sure as fuck aren't going to eat that additional cost.

Jackie Chan

I can't even name a good 3rd party release. Nintendo a shit.

There's that Mario Maker port coming out soon, right? Or is it already out? That's the only one I can think of.

Yikes, I guess ill wait for WiiU emulation then.
I actually thought the WiiU was just a wii with extra shit added