Star Wars Toys Sales Drop Despite 'The Last Jedi' Success

Despite the success of Star Wars: The Last Jedi during the holiday season, the sales for toys tied into the movie are alarmingly in a downturn.

For decades, Hollywood has enjoyed the hefty profit from toy sales, and Star Wars films have been at the forefront. The past holiday season, which is supposed to be the most profitable weeks of the year, showed that shoppers may be tired of the trend.
Even with the success of the movie, analysts attribute the slump in toy sales to consumer burnout. This may be due to constantly being bombarded with novelty products that are also Hollywood's promotional products for upcoming movies. It's especially important for profit as children are getting more adept at using digital assets such as YouTube, Netflix, and social media for their entertainment fix.

SEE NOTHING TO DO WITH PISSING FANS OFF

Other urls found in this thread:

musictimes.com/articles/76956/20180121/star-wars-toys-sales-drop-despite-the-last-jedi-success.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Link; musictimes.com/articles/76956/20180121/star-wars-toys-sales-drop-despite-the-last-jedi-success.htm

its drunf's fault, with a literal nazi as president people are terrified to buy merchandise that glorifies women and minorities and end up murdered by the gestapo

Oh look, a new namefag to filter.

Suck my pussy you fucking insecure incel.
also sage negated

Like Tim Wise would say: Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Tick. Tock.

While it's technically presenting information in a reasonable way, the pseudo-trolling and blatant faggotry make this one of the worst threads I've seen. Congratulations OP. You're setting the bar even lower.

Immediately debunked with the fact the the Lego group has experienced an increase in profits since at least 2013, registering a small decrease only in the past year.

Of course I don't expect them to admit that no one wants to buy toys based on shitty characters that are not resonating with the audience.

For anyone who believes that this movie was an overwhelming smash-hit for Disney, remember that the reason Lucas was even able to stick around for decades to do the prequels was because of toy sales. Merch is where the real money is and Lucas built a goddamned empire off other people selling his characters and ideas as action figures and books and bed sheets and posters and toothpaste and every other conceivable thing under the sun.

When Lucas signed over the rights to Disney, merchandising rights went with it. They may have made back so much money off ticket sales, but they invested much more in producing merch. They are trying to play the long game and build up a new merchandising empire that they can profit off of for decades… and they fucked it up.

t. YouTube Academics

smells like toxic masculinity đź’™

I suck cocks

Yeah I don't see the need for toys anymore, just get a kid an ipad or a nintendo.

Toys are now the domain of neckbeards and parents trying to force their nostalgia on their kids.

The sad thing is, you don't even need a good movie for kids to want the toys. Literally just make something that looks cool. As a kid I was given a Wild Wild West figurine for a birthday one year, and I was overjoyed.

Disney already had toy-deals with Star Wars for years before they bought the whole license though.

Or parents learning kids not to become addicted to a screen.

Pretty much this. Which kid today wants to play with plastic figurines when they can play SW shit in VR?

There's a special value to something you can touch. Lego still sells, despite every kid having a copy of Minecraft.

who is this delicious looking fuck toy?

No, it didn't.

Which kid wants a plastic piece of shit whose quality is bad even by chink standards? Then if the kid can even tell what it is, he will know his parents hate him since he got the nigger or the shitty wok.

I see LEGO as more of a hobby than a toy, they're like model kits.

So you split hairs when proven wrong, got it.

Sweetie take the D. It is okay to be gay.

sodomite spotted and reported

Also Lucas Arts and videogames in general.

I'm not him, but I'd rather put my D in your boipussi. I won't allow you to get hard or orgasm any other way.

I think I'll go ahead and filter you too.

What are you implying?

It was better than Episode I

I'd rather watch Jar Jar.