Tfw you are watching an mmorpg based anime and you get a hankering for an mmo game but its never good because WoW...

Tfw you are watching an mmorpg based anime and you get a hankering for an mmo game but its never good because WoW ruined the genre

and to a lesser extent dataminers, raiders and stream queen culture.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/r40BP
black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/
nhentai.net/g/12112/
openings.moe/?video=Opening1-DotHackSign
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/bursting-flavor-2003-02-24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just waiting for the Pluto's Kiss of our lifetime and watch the entire industry crash.

Was was the fucking genre.

You get that feeling because an mmo is just an attempt to reflect real life thus an anime based on an mmo is simply the "ideal" mmo so your brain is recognizing that lust for the most fundamental of the human experiences that are portrayed here; friendship, exploration, acquisition, struggle and love. All of which you would be required to go outside and work hard to get. A concept which has become so estranged from your life that you wold rather have a much worse version installed on your computer that you can pick up and drop at any time yet everyone one you do you drop after you realise how big of a time waste it is and go back to complaining about it on Holla Forums.

To summarise wow didnt ruin something that doesnt exist.

It aint no .hack but Log Horizon had some good stuff.

SAO is shit, Log Horizon is shit, and .hack is probably shit too.

Watch better anime.

what about an anime directly based on an existing mmo?

There's your problem right there.

why bother
at least that's left ambiguous in overlord, so during the fight with shalltear there was some actual threat

I think their given excuse was that they lost part of their memories whenever they resurrected.
It shines way better when dealing with the politics stuff anyways,so it doesn't really need too much battle tension

I loved the ultra realist approach of the anime, truly reflected the modern day MMORPG genre.

It's a gook anime so it takes elements from gook mmorpgs.

whenever I watch one all i can think of is how shit these MMO's would actually be.

.hack was based on Phantasy Star Online. Just let this sink for a moment.

All WoW apologists are all casuals who wasted their lives on grindan trash, instead of playing superior Ultima Online.

I like how like 90% of SIGN was just people standing around talking, Truly the most realistic MMO portrayal in fiction.

That makes both of those EVEN BETTER.
[citation needed] though.

found this
archive.is/r40BP

XI was the best of times, shame its dead as dicks.

Fair enough, but as I thought it was more general of MMOs of the time. Real MMOs. Pre-WoW.
OP should just go play the games, they're great.

It's only as dead as you allow it to be, user.

it would get so bad a gm would be called in to slap our shit. I miss world pvp.

it is dead and over.

I think PSO2 is better than 1

Kill yourself.

No

I usually shit all over PSO2 players, but I'm curious, what do you find so interesting about PSO2 gameplay wise? How do you manage do have fun with PSO2 as it is now?

Yeah nevermind ultima.

I've never actually seen an MMO that wasn't a WOW clone.

What's Ultima like that makes it better?

Fun combat. Recently they added new functionality to rifles and swords making them fun weapons on par with others.
Great story. Episode 4 started as some shitty school comedy but went space superhero drama really fast. Now it's actually darker and edgier that episodes 1-3.
Dress up is god-tier as ever, and they keep releasing items for it. Introducing users' designs is a thing for years now.
Monetary models is one of the fairest ones.

There is almost nothing wrong with the game in current state really. As of now it has shitloads of content of all difficulty levels, shitloads of things to do, both solo and in co-op, customization, both visual and gameplay, it's all sorts of great really.

Bots ruined the genre.

Fucking WoW IS the genre, you're basically saying mmorpg's were never good.

What about Ultima Online, Everquest, Phantasy Star Online, Runescape, and Final Fantasy 11?

All you're doing is showing how young you are.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

How could WoW ruin something that was alrready crap?
MMOs are all about grinding and farming, no story, no character development, no feel of adventure and epic journey

The whole genere took only the bare minimum mechanics of RPGs and implemented them online, stripping them of everything else that made the RPG genere great

WoW just casualized the genere but if you want to play some Not-WoW try Korean MMOs there's like a docen of them comming out per week

You may argue that they aren't mmos though, since they don't have open world.

Trips and truth, this goy definitely gets it. I've tried multiple Korean MMOs way back when and none of them are worth being autistic about unless you're a griefer which is for all intents and purposes actually more fun than actual gameplay, or one of those Chinese net café grindan slaves who farm shitty pixels to trade them for real money. It's hilarious that there are actual mafia-like organizations in Asia specializing in the grindan business.

You faggots were too underage to remember when mmos weren't virtual tour buses and the players weren't middle aged losers, bots or gold farmers.

Anyone got that comic explaining how Runescape elite "raiders" dictated how the game developed, and wound up working for Blizzard.

You're probably talking about that Tigole/Legacy of Steel comic.

Stopped reading there.

I have to agree. The game really pulled its head out of its ass after that semi-shitty first year, and Episode 3 made it legit good. At this point, there are only two main issues I have with PSO2:
1 - content difficulty. 90% of content is so piss easy that I feel like PSO2 is a single player game with optional coop features. Another 9% is piss easy, but with enemies that have such bloated HP that it can't be soloed (emergency quests). The last 1% is shit like levels 6-10 of the solo extreme or the darker boss rush time attack, which are just shredders for anyone without maxed out automate and iron will.
2 - the drop rates. It was two years after the implementation of 13 star weapons that I actually got one. All the boosters in the world doesn't help with these shit drop rates. I honestly believe the quest item record only exists to prove that anything above 11 stars really does exist.

I agree. To your list I would add UQs and CQs, but it's still around 1% of the game. You can of course put self-imposed challenges on yourself, but that's dumb.
Thankfully sega has stated several times that they always think of ways to bring challenging content into the game.
Next update will add new UQ and there are already next solo XQ in development.

They alleviated this issue with boss stones that are for the most part guaranteed drops, collection files and limited NPCs client orders.
At this point getting high-tier weapon like Ray or PSU series is trivial, and getting top-tier weapon like Ares or Austere series is just a matter of time, rather than luck. Not skipping a couple of different EQs every day, and you'll get yourself top weapon in less than a month.

What a god awful translation. Also, it's not a matter of time if the emergency quest times are always inconvenient. I think I get to do one or two a day, and there's no guarantee it'll be PD, so those are completely out of the question for me.

Pants on head retarded system. I will NOT be getting those prerequisite drops through luck, and it takes weeks of grinding to get a single weapon from enemy kills. For me, the collect file is only useful for getting certain 12 stars, like nox.

These actually had reasonable requirements. Too bad none were weapons in classes I play. We're not going to see PSU jet boots or talises, so I'm fucked there. Hopefully, Emilia's weapon has reasonable grind requirements because that's probably as good as it's going to get for me.

But Wow ruined the genre as much as fast food makes people fat, shitty companies choose to clone Wow you cuck.

Kill yourself for playing MMOs anyway, there hasn't been a worse genre since sports.

It's just japs being japs, series is actually called that. Not even the most retarded one too. Or what, do you prefer OFF-STEER?

There is always at least one a day and each day it's different time, not just Japanese evening.

Do you realize that you can consult EQ calendar and know which days have convenient PD scheduled?
PD and Magatsu are never random and are always pre-scheduled at least 48 hours beforehead.
It's really fast and easy to get top weapon now, and you still complain about it.

More like one day? Do you understand HOW collection file work? Bar fills as you kill enemies at constant rate. Using rare drop boosters directly multiplies bar filling rate.
Once bar is filled next designated enemy will 100% drop needed weapon. The only issue, is that bar only fills after you end the quest, so you might run quest for a second time to get the drop.
Between cool downs and EQs it usually takes a week or two of relaxed play to get 3 copies of collection file 13* weapon. Usually that's enough for 60 element.
The only trouble you might have is getting 75+ level bosses like Blu Ringa, that aren't easily available, and even then AQs is the immediate solution. And you can always ask team mates to run with you.

Same here, but those are retarded easy to get.
In a week I had 6 copies of each of ethan's weapons, and they're high to top tier too. Now I don't need to concern myself with a sword or double sabers like ever.

No, it's not. There's no universe in which オフスティ sounds like austere. Ofsti might sound like shit, but it's not austere. That's just Treehouse tier.

Those are the ones that are almost always scheduled at times that are inconvenient for me. That means no stones to get the top tiers, which means not possible for me.
Also, I;m well aware how the sheets work. There were always one or two enemies on each sheet that just never seemed to show up for me in any reasonable amount to raise the bar, so I never finished a single one. Much faster and easier for me to just gather Earth stones since that set is generally equal in raw stats to sheet weapons and have a better latent (boosted PP regen per hit + 10% damage boost rather than things like just +8% only on just attacks). For some reason, people prefer stuff like the rei series, which is harder to get and has a less powerful latent.

+10% to attack, -10%PP consumption and +5% damage reduction is not "less powerful latent". Ray series is very powerful despite having overall low base damage.
JA bonus was something else, Revolution I think, that was pretty weak series even if it looked cool.

WoW did not ruin the MMO genre, and the MMO genre was not destined to be shit. Guild Wars came, and it came afterwards. It existed. It was played by many people for a very long time. It was a better game in every way, and you faggots chose to give your money in monthly fees instead. And so the genre continued to stagnate over time. And now even Guild Wars is gone, thanks to the original devs from ArenaNet leaving and being replaced by cancerous libs.

and it wasn't an MMO.

Neither was PSO, for that matter.

What was it then?

I'm just learning Japanese, this means Ofusutei, right?

Almost right. You missed the last syllable. Big kana with a smaller one beside it is a fusion of the two sounds, so it's ti. It would be pronounced ofsti because of how the Japanese use consonant + U kana like hu or su to simulate foreign sounds they don't have. You can hear them pronouncing it like that in the livestreams.

Ofusuti actually. The イ is small, which makes it a "Ti" instead of a "Te"

One of the various ways they try to make up for not having some of the sounds we use all the time in their language.

It's similar to how if you want to say "Ryo" it looks like this りょ or in katakana this リョ

Those are used more often.

*Ryo instead of Riyo
りょ vs りよ

Sorry my mind fucked up.

>TFW black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/

WoW isn't the only thing that ruined the MMO industry. Lazy players, rich brats, and ignorant suckers killed any hope the genre had. Our only hope is for someone with an actual passion for the genre to make a game, and even then I doubt the good times would last. Is there ANY hope for the MMO genre, or am I going to be stuck with fucking PSO2 for the rest of my life?

I just want to die at this point

No, since it closes in 4 years.

It was a pretty good twist, honestly. You come in expecting this big, epic showdown when in reality it's still just a kid playing an MMO at the core of things so he pays2win against an enemy that he probably had no business fighting.

Also yeah. I had been following BDO for a while and now that I had a computer strong enough to run it the game lost all of its charm.

You're right, it managed to do something that no other anime has done.
Completely and utterly kill the tension and any sense of wonder about it in about 2 minutes.

This is after they go on and on about mechanics of the game, when in reality the game has no skill involved and you can just be the lord of the cash shop.

Nah, .hack was actually good. The idea of a person being permanently trapped in an MMO was novel in 2003. The PS2 games were trash though.

I give it five, which will be a shitton longer than most other online games these days. I just hope PSO3 will keep the "pay to dress in slutty clothes" financial model.

It was a sandbox style mmo, where u could really do almost anything. But then EA.

PSO was an action RPG with online multiplayer. you played with 5 others in your own instanced room/dungeon/field.

Exactly.

Read it, it has. The story is not always around Ainz, we have full volumes from the PoV of another character.
However, you're not going to have much tension with Ainz the same way you wont have tension knowing who will win, Saitama (One Punch Man) or X new monster.

Most of the books in Overlord is about the world, explanations of it, how people live, the culture and the politics (and a really fucking lot of politics).
It's really grim and light hearted at the same time. One moment you'll get a full page describing how a guy is drowning in cockroaches, how they are crawling isnide him and eating him while he's still alive and trying to shout and in another page you'll have Ainz with no idea of Demiurge's plan while maintaining an image that he knows (and everyone believing that he is smarter than Demiurge).

tl;dr: anime a shit, manga (in this case) a shit, read the book nigger.

While I agree that the novel is definitely better and you simply don't get the whole world building unless you read it, I have to disagree on the anime being shit, I think they did a really good job considering the amount of episodes they had to cover the first three volumes.

you mean worse right?
Not only is there "volume 4:Dawn of the Lizardmen sexting" who are then written out of the plot aside from throwaway lines.
There's also such great ones as Volume 9: "I wrote myself into a corner, so the stupid goblin horn now summons hundreds of goblins"
Volume:Any after 4 "Lets focus on this kingdom and introduce these chara… whoops they died"

I liked MMOs when I was in middle/high school, but every time I tried to get back into them, I realized I suck at socializing now. I end up focusing too much on the gameplay instead and end up quitting within a week because these games are boring as fuck without other people to distract you.

If I could turn my brain off, I'd love MMOs again. Until then, I guess I'll boot up offline Dreamcast PSO or the PS2 .hack games to quell the urge.

Speaking of .hack, anyone play Fragment? It's a bitch to set up, but fun once you get it working.

See when I say it killed all tension. I mean it killed literally any tension the story could have. Nothing can pose a threat to Ainz because he's the lord of the cash shop, and the random throwaway characters are random throwaways.
When the MC is so strong and invincible they have to introduce throwaway characters to try (and fail miserably) to introduce any element of suspense, you know it's failed.

Oh I fucking hate it. When books, live action series, animes, anything do that.
Fuck OFF.

What you mean you don't like volume a of build up to with little to no mention of the MC "and then Ainz Murdered them" being the payoff?
Man how do you not enjoy the adventure of Jubjub the lizardman with a magic ice spear, who has sex and wanders around trying to get lizardmen to fight, while ainz…. shows up does an evil laugh and then fucks off for the remainder of the volume?

I'm not protecting Overlord there.
If your story has god-mode character you can still make it interesting via focusing on something other than his invincibility, but still keep telling about a goddamn main character, not some fuckers who just waste my time while talentless hack of an author pretends they are relevant to the story.

Oh no I'm agreeing with you. There's no excuse for such lazy shoddy writing as is present in overlord and other such works.

Just download the arks layer launcher. It literally does all the work for you.

However it does makes sense.
When it's from the PoV of others, those characters will be in contact with Ainz. It's a buildup.

We have for example the princess Reiner who got a lot of "screen time" in the novel and seemed to not have a direct contact with Ainz even though the politics were important till it's discovered that she was working for Ainz all along, betraying her own kingdom.

Meanwhile I do agree that it's usually shit when the PoV switches and the main character does not appear or appears very little. However, I do not have this 'feel' when reading Overlord since they are all build ups for something greater that happens later, what's more, you'll like nearly all the characters or hate them, but rarely dislike them.
Again, it does help to switch PoV from Ainz since we know he's kinda considered a god on terms of strength.

0/10 See me after class. I can already tell that any of your posts will contain shit taste with lies about the novel.
Read it, since the beginning it was specified that it wasn't a normal horn. What's more, we all know that regardless of the goblin, Lupus was more than enough to save the Village. Instead of having an ass pull or letting Lupus do all the job we got characters developing and using something that were precious to them from Ainz, now they don't have any special item with them.

So One Punch Man is shit because he wins with a single punch?
What's more, we still have the mystery to see if there are more players like him around the world and he has been in danger as well (read the novel). He barely won against Shalltear, he barely won against a Troll champion just because he tried to melee 1v1 without magic or special items.

Showing that Ainz is no pure hero. In this case changing the PoV to a party that will get slaughtered works to show the horrors of going against Ainz without them knowing about him.

All I see from you is

Oh man you know when he puts on a stupid handicap for no reason other than introducing false tension? That was my favorite.

What about all those volumes about the politics of the kingdom, those had a long lasting effect and made me care about the kingdo… wait they mostly got killed off.

It's pathetic writing.
See there's something retards like you don't understand, tension is introduced when there's a possibility of something unexpected happening.
Ainz literally can't fail, he's the hands down most powerful person and the constant "b-but there may be another player o-or a world artifact please keep buying my shitty LN I know you'll eat it up you mouth breathers"

Like lets look at something with actual tension.
Lets look at DBZ. The characters are all OP as fuck, however the minor characters actually do shit as opposed to sit around and mope, and have actual influence on the overarching story.
The other element of tension is that the stakes in overlord are boring as shit, even in fucking DBZ they had the balls to remove characters from fighting. In overlord what is there, Ainz can't lose because he's god mode MC and it's been established from the start he can't lose. The Shalltear fight was the closest it got, but WHOOPS THANKS CASH SHOP. Not to mention the contents of his rings and vaults, so they could have actually killed him and had it be like a "oh fuck I have to ration my rings" while trying to win against shalltear but nope.

The author is a hack and you should feel bad for liking such unimaginative dribble.
Any other shonen does it better. Literally any other one.

Thanks for reminding me that there is a good chance MMO's will never attempt to incorporate actual strategy.

Log Horizon isn't bad, it's just a bit too slow paced at times **And the endings feel a little rushed on the seasons.

When they started reviving characters I stopped giving a fuck. THAT killed the tension.
Someone dies? We revive him.
He dies again? We revive him from different planet lol.
Torihack should have switched to Gohan just like he initially intended to.

They already did. You missed it.

Still better than overlord where the MC is literally God incarnate and has 3 lives. And can kill anything even things with instant death protection, and can stop time, and is immune to all conventional unenchanted weapons, and can be a level 90 warrior whenever he wants.

Even then, at least fights could go either way.
And Yeah he really should've, and Super is a trainwreck, so lets not talk about super.

All I want is a new dot hack series already
or at least Dot hack Link to finally be translated

Don't say it. Just don't fucking say it I know already it will never happen

Clearly you haven't been keeping up.

And thank god for that.
P.S. link is complete shit, much like everything after GU, which wasn't even that good itself.
I kind of hope you get what you want just so you can feel the sadness you deserve for being so ignorant.

Well shit nigger, enlighten me. You can't keep me in the dark.

Why are japs so insistent on sticking with the 'old lady who chain smoked for half of her life' voice for Goku. I don't care if they want to portray Goku's "inner child," it sounds awful.

What color will his hair go next? Green? Purple?
Place your bets gentlemen.

Why's there an evil Goku and a pink haired Goku?

.Hack//GU was good.

Generally in Japan it's considered very rude to a voice actor to replace them if they still want to reprise their role. Japanese fans don't mind her voice, and most westerners get used to it if they watch it enough, so there was no reason for them to replace her. It's not like in the west where voice actors are basically considered expendable.

My bet's on white.

Basically that's a kaioshin from the main timeline that used the dragon balls to take Goku's body. In the past, Beerus killed him before he could do it, but since he's wearing a time ring in the future he remains unaffected. The green dude is an immortal version of him from the Future Trunks timeline. Both are basically trying to destroy all non-gods as they see them as foolish and impure.

These are all sorts of terrible. It's like some 12yo autist's fanfiction came to life. Not to mention artstyle that didn't age well.

Dragon Ball was never good. If you are looking to Dragon Ball for anything but a guilty pleasure, you're autistic. It's just good, fun, stupid shounen.

Exactly Dragon Ball was good. Art style didn't stand out too much from contemporaries, production values were great for the format, story was fresh, interesting, and didn't follow any particular repetitive formula.
With Z it all went to shit.

It happened with Log Horizon, but mostly I just play an mmorpg and get a hankering for an mmo game, but it's never good because WoW ruined the genre.

I will never have this. Never.

the fight was an excuse to use up the cash shop shit items that the Asian market are plagued with. like a boss fountain of sorts, and its not like he could buy more while stuck in game. wish it had more time to flesh that shit out.

oh no, he didn't use them up, he has literally hundreds of those because he dumped so much money into the game.
It's explained more in the LN that he's dumped something ridiculous like 10,000$ on in game gachas and other events.

Just watch the fucking show. All of this shit is explained clearly. Basically there's one ring per main branch timeline. It's shown that there's a total of four rings for four timelines, and the latest one was created when Trunks traveled back in time during the Cell arc and changed history. Wearing one allows the user to travel through its respective timeline, and grants the wearer immunity to changes in the timeline (like a past self being killed). Evil Goku (Zamasu) is wearing one of the time rings, and so when his past self was killed, he remained unaffected in the future.

No, don't

If you don't watch it then you can't make very good criticisms of it. The show has improved dramatically since the Beerus arc.

People who say "WoW ruined the genre" are retarded because WoW was the best MMO ever released when it first came out. It didn't ruin anything and if anything it was the closest thing to the perfect formula at the time. The stupidest thing is that you don't even know what you want. And usually the things that are being said are really terrible ideas that nobody but the person posting them would ever want to play.

If you want to criticize something, first you need to understand or know the material.

Well, why should I read shit?

user, pls

But Dofus was released a year or two prior to World of Warcraft, user.
Too bad they made it in fucking Flash, and later Java and Flash.

Your post is shit but I didn't eat it.

Please stop.

If it wasn't made in Flash. If it had had the funding to be a full fledged game. If it was made into being more than a glorified browser game. Then we could argue that that was true. I can't imagine a single person who wouldn't want a full on Wakfu MMO, but Dofus certainly isn't it. And personally I would want a full 3 dimensional world like all recent MMOs in that kind of third person perspective, that is a big factor in my opinion of an MMO.

Any MMO's coming out that people are looking forward to? I already know it's going to be a vicious cycle of the same old thing, but I may as well see what other people are hoping for at this point.

IMO the best MMOs in sense of social interactions and not just tons of people ignoring each other doing their stuff were Ragnarok Online and Dungeon and Dragons Online I haven't played Ultima…. The former was known for awesome PvP but also had very challenging areas where a good party was required (and there was no autogroup shit) and very few but good quests, so a player was free to do anything with no rails to ride on. The latter was complete opposite except that it was as challenging - almost no PvP other than drunken bar fights and instanced, scripted dungeons which were both good and fun and, depending on party, Fun, which too required cooperation.

PSO2 is actually quite good as MMO despite not having "Massively" or being much "Multiplayer", its kinda like another world where you're free to do anything. It has tons of non-combat shit, some events, classes with actually different playstyles and actual combat that doesn't revolve around cooldowns and other clutches, if only it had more and challenging content it would've been perfect because right now there not much challenge that promotes cooperation. It kinda reminds me a few episodes of .hack I watched.

MMO based anime (and manga) have very little to do with actual MMOs because players there are some kind of ultracasuls or hardcore ERPers - you never see typical MMO players who exploit and abuse system, grind something for hours because it's profitable or do stupid shit because they can do stupid shit. Datamining and stuff is natural evolution of player behavior.

WoW slowed the MMO evolution as almost every company went "guis, lets copy this money printer" instead of experimenting to make their own money printer.

Actually it's オフスティア ofusutia which kinda sounds like austere, well everyone calls it autism anyway.
If anything getting high/top tier weapon is easier than it was before when 12* were really rare and part of lolRNG drop. Earth stones are actually quite hard to get due to the amount needed, weapons are very good though TDs, Rifle. TMG is top.

Nothing. Literally nothing. There is absolutely no hope for the genre at this point. There are some MMOs that are less greedy than others (such as PSO2), but the vast majority either fall into the clutches of shitty publishers after showing promise (Nexon with Archeage, Daum with BDO) or were blatant money grabs from the beginning.

let me guess
it's ded

Well, yea. It actually died quite early, then went f2p and got more successful than ever, then people got bored over time and no new joined because graphics is shit so they went WoW way - everyone could be anyone and builds and gear were dumbed down, so even if people still play it, consider it dead.

they did said the guild didn't allowed poorfags

Speaking of MMOs, what do people here think of Neverwinter? I just started playing it and it seems pretty fun so far, combat system is fun and the paying elements of it doesn't look too bad as you can just grind out the currency.

Garbage.

Unless they changed anything since buggy shit years ago when clerics were best tanks and tanks best damage dealers and others no one gave a fuck about, it's a buggy boring mess limited to like 5 total skills with cooldowns with cartooney/wow feel that seemed to have nothing in common with DnD or Neverwinter despite the name. There was also "make you own dungeon" mode but they butchered it, I remember like one good map and that one was a parody.

You know what you need to do.

Nah.

Why does goku have pink hair?

Anime is just sexist porn for kids honestly.

Aw shit. I forgot how much I liked the concept for invasions in Rift. It came out around 10 years ago and was badass for its time.

Do you even have any idea what you were typing? Because I don't think anyone else does.

Remember that, in the LN, the globalists won and his only escape was vidya. Even then he had to pay for, literally, his daily dose, so they can monitor his shit.

Frankly it's not surprising that he'd dump his entire income into his only escape.

I know you're pretending to be retarded but god damn in the [CURRENT YEAR] there's got to be at least one idiot that genuinely believes that. And that hurts a part of my soul I didn't know I had.

that fucking video

It's a Kaioshin who stole Goku's body and time traveled to the future. I don't get how this is so complex that nobody gets this.

I'm a little disappointed that Trunks didn't go super saiyan 3 after that epic power up… he's like super saiyan 2.5 and they are trying to make some big deal out of it, still, definitely one of the better scenes so far.

Honestly judging from the ki that surrounded him it seems like Trunks has temporarily gained god ki. I hope that by the end of the arc he actually achieves true god form. At the same time I totally expected Super Saiyan 3 too, but going full Broly instead is good enough for me.

Also for those who are still having trouble grasping the concept of Goku Black, here's an even better video explaining things.

time travel plebian

Iunno, it seems like they may be killing him off in the next episode. I'll be interested to see if they can actually fix his fucked up future, especially after establishing that they seem to be more alternate universes than a straight timeline.
also, I love what a dad Vegeta has become.

As it is, not many adventurers had died, just in general. Very few who they've communicated with have been killed or hunted down, and none have had complete data corruption yet. Furthermore, they've proven "souls" can be tampered with by magic, just that the only spell they know about is Resurrect.
If Log Horizon gets continued, I hope for and expect some fucked up shit.

Checked
We had a couple of threads here last year where a few anons played the game together. It was fun, but like most games Holla Forums plays together it didn't last long I did find it a bit humorous that most of us rolled Polearm. I wouldn't mind playing it with you faggots again.

Honestly at this point I'd rather have more online action RPGs with Capcom style giant bosses that you can climb on and murderize the shit out of.

95% OF .Hack /sign/ was talking.

Literally nothing happened for the entirety of the series.

I still have yet to find another game, any game, that has provided me with as much entertainment that UO and DAOC did.

This was the last full anime series that I hated and didn't drop because of muh sunken cost fallacy. Now I only watch 3 or 4 anime series every two seasons because that's pretty much the cap for decent content now. So fucking tired of generic anime school settings. We need some good seinen god damn.

or josei.

if you pirate or emulate .hack.iso game you will be cursed.

Only a handful of people need to die before they can safely nuke the alternate timelines

That video got taken down.
I like .hack// enough to do something about it.
Here is a fresh but poorly made webm.
The reality is that MMOs are quite often idealized.

They don't often delve into the kikery.
The class imbalancing.
Lore rapists.
Cybering losers.
Ebayers.
Pathetic assholes trying to connect in the middle of fucking nowhere.
Poor uneducated faggots who ruin the game when they go free to play.
The chinese that ruin the economy.
Raiding.
Guild drama.
Boring rehashes of old content.
Achievements.

I wonder if anyone will make a story inspired by all the miserable stupid bullshit found in the MMO genre?

Oh, but they do!
nhentai.net/g/12112/
And obviously pics related
Also if you cybered Saku I have bad news for you…
You're gay

what a life

For guild drama I mean the typical

It had an interesting metagame to the weapon customization, but I can't unsee it as a harem anime simulator with .hack elements in it.

Azure balmung is still the best edgelord tho

Three fucking guilds to this bullshit. What the fuck flipdicks?

Minute buffs only faggot, second buffs have to be cast in init order.

Does this series emulate well? I'm really considering playing it again. Does pcsx2 detect the other saves?

looks neat what's that from?

Those were Everquest raiders that ruined the game then went to WOW to turn the genre to shit.

UO was fun because of the players. Before it went to shit, there were no quests, no bosses, no raids, no instancing, very little grinding (could max out a dexer in 1 day - both stats and gear), etc. and yet it was still incredibly fun without all that modern skinner box bullshit because the game's structure made the other players the game. And like D&D, it had people (seers) that would do DM-like things to spice it up.
You can get a whiff of the kind of fun it provided from multiplayer survival/crafting games today but they barely scratch the surface.

Raiders didn't ruin WoW as the raid and non-raid parts of that game were kept largely separate up until around Wrath. B team tried to merge the two worlds and ruined everything.

fuck off

flip flappers

No idea, but apparently in the game's files you could hatesex Asta

Thanks bros for a second there I thought that was a joke but it's actually named that.

I couldn't play much when the threads were up, but I had fun with what little I did play. I dunno how many people we could get, but I'd play with whoever was willing to get on.
Pretty sure I went Twin Blade because Kite. Polearms are for pussies.

You could always play DDO. :^)

enjoy the deepest anime of the year, and its only on the first episode

You're really trying to push this mediocre anime hard aren't you?

Did I grab your pussy, user?

Out of everything this season, this is the only one that really stood out.

I dropped almost everything else.

Certified (lvl 198) Dofus ex-player here. The game is shit, and it has become even shittier ever since I stopped playing, but it has some of those "dude, what if…" features that really make you think how good could have the game been if Ankama actually cared. Wakfu Beta seemed like Ankama learning from their past errors with Dofus, but soon they made a casualized piece of shit with no playable content after being stuck into game design hell even well after release.

Dofus is a fully fleshed game, just one with really dumb design choices. Being developed in Flash is one of the biggest ones. It made sense back when it was Dofus 1 because, IIRC, you could indeed play it in your browser (I never did), but Dofus 2 was not available in browser due to the huge amount of data it required, so who the fuck knows why they didn't drop Java. I recall hearing from official sources Dofus 2 was developed because they realized their servers wouldn't scale, but I don't know why did they change the client. I guess it gave them a boost in popularity thanks to the now trademark Xavier Houssin's Lewd French Hips™ graphic design, but that still doesn't explain Flash.

One of the biggest flaws in Dofus' engine is that it doesn't support big maps, and that translates into a grid-based world map that's fucking retarded. Dofus 1 was even more retarded in this regard, since it required clicking in a single teleporting tile. Wakfu solved this and also gave a huge boost in performance, and it only required Java, so go figure how shitty the decision of using Flash was.

In fact, the Hispanic community had to get exclusive 1.29 servers because spic computers couldn't run Dofus 2.0, so you can imagine how inefficient that piece of shit was. Given spic computers are worthless, no computer made in the last 14 years should have much trouble running a 2D game like that

Fuck, there goes my idea again, I guess.

Literally homosexual.

Season 2 was the most awful shit ever.

fuck wrong pic

The problem is that in the old days, MMOs would force you to play with other people.
Want to do this quest in Runescape? Better find someone doing that exact quest, but on a different faction.
Want to get to this city in Ragnarok Online? If you can't sneak past the mobs that are 50 levels above you, you better hire a party of higher-level players to escort you through it.

Nowadays, it's like people don't even want a multiplayer experience.
Grind through the first 80 levels by yourself.
Queue up for a raid with people that aren't even on your server and you'll never see or speak to again.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Yeah pretty much. MMO genre is killed.

The last MMO I played was Tera and it was absolute garbage, even though it was 'different' they all feel the same.

Your target audience gets home tired from work/has to do homework and stupid, it turns on PC and immediately starts playing without making any effort, conquering epic dungeons and defeating huge bosses, they also get to tweet others/friends in game about their new epic shiny gear (epenis ruler included) while saving the world yet another time. If anything those games are now perfect and require nothing else, except I don't get why they are still called Massively Multiplayer Online games when it's just a glorified singleplayer twitter game with glorified "open world" chat.

Oh, you think that's bad?

Imagine if you had played it for a month in a flawless state. Pay2win that nobody bothered with. Little or no info on how the game worked, no centralized wikis. Incredible exploration and PVP. Just like what you see in the MMOs.

And then the russkies ban the translation patch and you have to wait for Trion to get around to releasing it in the US, but when they do, they've utterly trashed what little of the economy wasn't raped by the first major Korean patch.

AA was the best game I've ever played, and yet it was dead on arrival. I'll always treasure the memories of the RU beta, though.

I see social interaction as what kept me into MMO's, and its not being applied correctly now.
Here's one memory from a 2005 korean mmorpg with actual incentives to play farther.
New area opens up for exploration by all 3 realms. It takes 15 minutes in a ship to get to, and is only for the highest level players (probably top 10% population at the time). Each Realm has probably 3 well established guilds. Not only is there realm vs realm competition to level up, there was guild vs guild competition to level up. To level up there, you needed a full 6 man party and 1 designated puller. Guilds would party up together to push their friends farther, and guilds would assist each other if an enemy Realm attacks their leveling location.
Take these into perspective too, you can't communicate with enemy Realms, and each Realm had a political system for who was Realm leader for a month and who was the top 4 Assistants. They could global chat to their Realm anywhere, focus attacks/defense. Realm leaders could talk to other Realm leaders (truces/alliances with top guilds) Leaders get stat bonuses and a huge aura.
Another reason for competition within individual Realms was for monopolizing who could get the best gear from boss drops. As our levels got higher, we could eventually solo bosses which spawn every 4 hours. This means that the best guild only needed ~16 active players to divvy out ultra rare boss drops (which literally gave your character a 200% attack/defense/attack speed bonus). With this, you could level up twice as fast as other guilds, and your guild became insanely dominant and only the best could get in.
RF Online. There hasn't been a game like it i've played since. Not one mmo can even come close to its fun I had.

Fast forward to today. FF14, what is endgame in 2014? Party finder in your server. I need my "daily" dungeon for tomes to buy endgame gear :^)!

And thanks for hearing out my story.

You and me. We are two of soul.

The labor points system was gay as fuck though. Crafting was comfy as shit but it went down the tube after you hit the labor wall. I even bought the membership pack thing for 45 bucks and it still wasn't enough to streamline the time grind. Fucking jews.

It's gonna get longer like regular SS, since when you go SS in God state, it's just blue.

My melanin-enriched gentleman.

Who were you back then/which guild? We might have played together.

In RU, you could get infinite LP via pots as long as you could supply the mats. Plus the dust you needed for crafting was nothing but an uncommon drop from most mobs, making your smithing-type skills far more tolerable to level.

Labor potions were basically the gold standard in an economy that had already entered hyperinflation by the time I left. The only thing good about AA after the full release (and after the novelty wore off) was how easy it was to start a race war in alliance chat.

Anyone ever tried out that freetard MMO Ryzom? Last time I heard was that it was that it had a small yet stable userbase, but I'm not sure how the devs promises of a Sandbox MMO hold up.

Lol why are you so mad, Goku? You can just revive them with the dragon balls, just like you did for years.

I remember the the guy doing the threads saying cuck chan had a preference for twin bladesbecause they're generic & boring

As for DDO I keep hearing mixed shit about it, I'll probably give it a try if hits west. I need a new sidegame to play.

Play Mabinogi

When i was young, we didn't have internet and our multyplayer was local on splitscreen

Was a great game during its time. Seems like a good example of why you don't let your graphics be held back by what other platforms are capable of, specifically in FFXI's case they had limited the graphics on PCs to what was possible on the PS2 or 360.

The nature of the game was pretty damn cool and it's simply enough to see how people could even enjoy it today if it was attempted to be made today. But then that's basically what SE is hoping for with FFXIV (which seems to be working out well).

Ultima Online (so much fucking shit you can take advantage of like a true bastard)
Final Fantasy 11 (slowish, but the combat requires teamwork in most areas and in basic questing areas, which means people actually have reasons to party up)
Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 (both which are heavily party based and have matchmaking, which allows you to make connections)
Everquest (Not much experience with it, but it's way different)
Runescape (Player crafted gear is always the best, and it's heavily crafting focused, so players will always rely on eachother and fight one another)
Star Wars Galaxies (the entire fucking economy, EVEN THE HOSPITALS AND BARS are run by players, with almost no NPC support, which forces players to set up an economy.)

And so on and so on.

WoW was popular, so for some reason people decided to copy it until that was all that was left.

WoW is a what is called a Themepark MMO, where you're going through location after location, with very little partying, doing quest after quest because the actual player interaction is fucking
BARREN
and there's no real reason to talk to players or play with others outside of dungeon matchmaking.

There's no bonding with that Blacksmith that hooked you up with sweet gear so you could go off and do a dungeon without fucking dying, there's no need to party up because you're completely self sufficient as long as you play by your class' rules. (WoW example: Warlocks never go without a tanking pet solo, Mages need to stay at a distance to prevent interrupts while they near insta-kill foes etc) And there's no reason to be in top form because the bosses have WAAAAAY too much leeway and are designed like a pile of shit.

in games like Final Fantasy 11, if you pick a color Mage outside of Red (Red, White, Black are starter ones, Blue is an advanced class and is fucking crazy customizable at the expense of grindan' so omit that) you'll fucking suck against actual fighters, while if you pick Warrior you'll get wrecked by magic and so on, and if you pick Red Mage, the fusion of the two and one best suited to solo adventuring, your power is split between the two roles and you require support to keep up in damage if you leave the starter areas and head to the dungeons, you NEED other people or you face a grinding haul.

THAT is what makes an MMO great, the FUCKING MULITPLAYER ASPECT.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE BUY A SUBSCRIPTION TO A SINGLE PLAYER FUCKING GAME

fucking WHY

age of wushu was the last mmo I played and it was a sandbox mostly focused on pvp with guild wars beings a real and relevant thing

game was a ton of fun but it's chinese so the pay2win shit started popping up in newer updates so I quit

Everytime I look and see what killed socializing in MMO's (which honestly is supposed to be the main draw) it always seems like party finder is one of the bigger issues. Even with people lauding Guild Wars as generally being a great MMO (and Guid Wars is a good game, mind) the whole outer world being heavily instanced made it feel to me like it wasn't as much of a MMO as other games.

I think for a MMO to be good, in the idea of socializing being the most important factor along with gameplay, and for players to drive the content, you need more than two factions, for at least …. 75% of all content to require parties, so that regular contact with other players becomes a good thing and helps give incentive to stick together and party. Most importantly of all this, and I tend to whine about this on these threads whenever I decide to post, STOP MATCHMAKING IN MMO's. And by that I mean party finder or raid finder or whatever your poison tends to call it. Yeah it's convenient for quickly getting things set up but there is what in my opinion is the real killer of player interaction.

Let's use WoW as an example, since MMO's these days tend to do it to a disgusting degree. If I am playing a MMO with group finder I have literally no reason to learn about and talk to others beyond a need for socializing.

If one of my party members doesn't know something, I don't need to teach them anything, to learn what they are doing wrong and help them out, our party out, and gain a friend in the process or even say anything, I can just remove him. Someone else will fill his place, if it takes time, no problem, people play the game, there has to be SOMEONE right?

The players don't need guilds. The guilds are nice to face certain content as a harder challenge, but since EVERYTHING is pretty much available to the Looking for Group/Raid, you don't need to actually face it at all at those levels of difficulty. Even the final fight of the particular big bad of expansion number forty is available for these kinds of fights, it's not content locked away behind a skillwall, just a shaky, loose on the hinges gear wall.

There's no incentive to make all those friends, forge those bonds, and become something bigger than yourself as was saying, because you are pretty much solo player #125327 and there are enough of you to handle the badly designed boss fights. Your gear doesn't need to be highly optimized because the boss fights give enough leeway to not need that. You will have plenty of people better than you doing the same thing, your dps isn't going to matter unless someone messes up, and even then if people leave there will be plenty of others wanting to do content for the chance to repeat the cycle: Do content, get item, redo content slightly easier for additional item, repeat.

So you make them relevant to the story.
Who sez there only has to be 1 MC?

If you use Saitama as example, other heroes are more interesting then him.

It's not the fault of the player, in real life you don't go out and make friends and connections for the sake of it, you make connections as a result of going through life and making friends and connections by working alongside others.

Like working in a construction crew and making life long friends who swear like sailors and who drink beer together at the end of the day, you don't just GO to that place of work and make friends, you take up that work because you must, probably because you need the fucking money.

You can't expect people to socialize when there's no incentive, incentives LEAD into socialization in real life and a person that never makes at least ONE friend on the job is a goddamned rarity.

That was the point. Publishers go for wider audience and casualize/automate it to solo game that requires zero interaction, a design that goes against what makes MMO MMO. If anyone is to blame it's effective businessmen printing money, unless people get too bored of WoWclones they'll continue using "successful business model" because effective business and innovation are two things that don't mix.

Because japs have shit taste.

No. DBZ is shit. I've seen more than enough, thank you.
Smelling it smells like shit, looking at it it looks like shit.
I don't have to eat the whole turd to know it's turd. Maybe one piece of the turd has less mold and grime on it. So what? It's still shit.

bump

noice

I'm not saying it's the fault of the player persay, but when the game gives you that sort of option, and it pushes itself as being so convenient, the player often chooses this option instead of attempting to work with other players by socializing.

I can't tell you how rare it was to find people who actually spoke during our dungeon diving. A quick hello was the most you usually got out of a group.

Although a good portion of the blame for the system being implemented in other games is as pointed out, successful business model's fault, because for the most part WoW has made money, there is no arguing that, and it's part of the reason why the game itself has spawned clones.

That being said, successful business model's don't work out that well for making games fun, and as the other poster said as well, innovation and effective business don't mix.

All these years since .hack//sign and all we got was shit like WoW, AION, TERA, FFXI/FFXIV, RO, R.O.S.E., Survival Project, and all those MMOs that didn't last more than a few months but still nothing like it. Also we were supposed to have flying cars by now. What the fuck happened? This is all Steve Job's fault. That piece of shit ruined everything. Either him or Stallman is stalling technological progress again with his communist Jew agenda to enslave the goyim to GNU minus Linux.

=THIS FUCKING ID=

Log Horizon was terrible. Even SAO was better because it actually felt like they were playing a game rather than Log Horizon which was boring trapped in a whole other world with the most asspull things where "where do shekels come from"? The author is a nice guy though. He should create a much better series.

The character driven plot and the soundtrack were the best thing about it.

i honestly pity you op

(CHECKED)

Between Overlord and Netoge, the whole cash shop = God plot I can't tell whether it's genuine criticism and satire of whales and walletwarriors or dumb plot hacks.

When I see people all interested in a VR future along the lines of .hack or the like, I feel like I have to remind them that they have to interact with other people on a level barely a step away from real life, even in a fantasy world in an avatar, I can only imagine all the ridiculous amounts of spaghetti and autism that will manifest itself if VR MMOs truly become a reality.

I can't think of a single MMO that has dungeons on the level of even something like a zelda game let alone a dungeon crawler.

Never played Dungeon and Dragons Online? A pity.

Let me guess it's long dead right?

Kinda …
You can still play it a bit to see another type of MMO and how traps should be implemented, there are secrets too, sometimes both… Hope there's enough new players not to spoil all the fun and challenge from the dungeons.

problem is the game is minmax central late game, and there's a lot of Microtransaction jewery.

Actually the microjewery stuff is not bad there as you can get a lot of stuff if you play enough and buy discounted packs with free coins, but it's not wroth it anyway, just play till lvl 8-12 when most of stuff starts getting behind content packs or grinding, the content till that part is more than enough to enjoy the game.

that sounds retarded, if say trunks died yesterday would he be alive today? when did he 'revive'?

Real Mabinogi sequel when?

You are fucking retarded. SAO was about MMOs second and about the dichotomy of mind and virtual space. Log Horizon was all about strangers in a strange land (Earth) having to cope with the rules systems of an alien RPG world and the politics around it.

the more i see of that genre (people trapped in mmos) the more i hate it

i get theres potential on it, but fuck it gets annoying

Web Novels do the VRMMO genre better, in my opinion.

I highly recommend:

The Bathrobe Knight
Survival World RPG
End Online
FuzionLife
100 Luck and the Dragon Tamer Skill!

There's also a pretty good Korean Webtoon called The Gamer, about a guy who gets special powers in real like that turn him into an RPG character.

*life, not like

That didn't change the fact it felt more like a game to the point they even had the whole "immortal object" thing implemented. Log Horizon was completely ridiculous in its NPC bullshit to the point it was almost no different than as they all got whisked away to a fantasy world. It went full retard with Rudy too.

I don't think you should mind the genre, it's just that nobody has ever done it extremely well yet. I don't think a trapped in an MMO genre can ever be good unless it goes the Welcome to the NHK (which ironically did have an MMO arc but it was a short joke sort of deal) route in all its glory and problems and go into depth into the game in an interesting fashion. With the real hardcore addicted MMORPG players. .hack was as close as we ever got to that but at the same time it was so obstructed in the characterisation and development of the offline lives of the players. This is the one genre I don't think can ever be overdone, because it's one of the only genre left without a great execution of the genre in existence.

These all still suffer from a lot of the same problems, sadly. The only gook MMO novel I've read was the one about the wood chopping/cutting/carving class. Oh and speaking of that, MMORPGs need to get some more unique classes. I'm tired of all the same shitty archetypes.

For all the shit that WoW rightfully gets, I think that vanilla, BC and Wrath specifically they moved into that direction.
Ulduar for example had shit like hidden modes to make the fights harder, as well as being more sprawled out.
It looks to me as if they tried out how far they can go with their dungeon and raid designs.
And then something happened and they started to move more and more in the opposite direction with Cata.

That's a general problem with a lot of vidya.
The moment a game seems to be a bit more cvomplex or has some hidden rooms, quests, levels, whatever, you know that the second day after release they'll be a wiki up and you can look it up.
Hell, iirc the guy that did Binding of Isaac complained about those that looked through the game files and found some new secret in the Rebirth version, that he though will take a couple weeks at least to properly solve.

The responses you get for doing so are pretty hilarious.

Dot Hack also featured in-universe game devs and admins who had no fucking idea how their game worked; and kept the servers running in spite of the obvious health risks, just to rake in more shekels.

SIGN also had that one guy constantly going around killing people if they didn't send him friend requests.

I recall there's a group of players in GU that have that problem; you can talk with the "girlfriend" and she's every bit as incompetent and spoiled as you'd expect.

Yes.
Sort of. The quadrilogy emulates well, but the GU trilogy is quite a bit more taxing on the hardware (it ran a bit slow for me, anyway).

In the first four dot hack games, the dungeons were semi-randomly generated; and unless you used a certain item, the map itself was only revealed room-by-room as you went along (and even then, you'd have to use that item for each floor).

stop complaining and start playing faggot

Only The Gamer could be considered 'gook', the rest are written by westerners. Also, in Survival World RPG, the main character is a half-orc monk.

FUN

Anime already is a repetitive grindfest with awkward story arcs and trivial character development, so sure.

This guy?
That's 10 year old Haseo

Also I need to get a Redemption copy, I never finished Forest of Pain and I really need to check those responses

Yeah, that's the one, and I know.
Also, the faggot from GU is the whiney emofag from IMOQ
It's too bad Mistral didn't make a return in GU, I quite missed having a mage in my party that could heal AND wreck all the shit.

Good luck finding a copy for a decent price, better off just grabbing the emulation.

Yata is wiseman
Her kid appeared in Legend of The Twilight

Yeah, but all we get for a mage is Atoli, and she's only good for a healer (and even then she's pretty shit). It's like they took the mage class and split it into 3 separate, but equally shit, ones. I also miss BlackRose.

Eh, well, see if Amazon has a copy then. Or see if you can't just burn a copy to a disc and try it that way.

Well let's see. The .hack// conglomerate in The World kept a game running they knew they no longer had real control over and had even gained its own sentience through Aura. They kept the game up and running despite it knowing it knocked players into coma and had other terrible effects on the real world like the economy because the conglomerate was so greedy. The imbalance was complained about by the "players" and lore was a central theme in the mystery of the world to the point players even made up their own lore in an attempt to justify the ridiculous shit they were doing or not doing to get things that either did or did not exist. Cybering was explored in Welcome to the NHK, .hack//twilight bracelet, and Netoge and the RMTing problem was explored in shows like Welcome to the NHK and Netoge. Connecting in nowhere was explored in Kaze no Stigma and F2P, I'm not sure but probably Netoge again on this since the game in that series is based on RO and I think they mentioned in the manga about it going F2P. The whole Chinese affair is in Log Horizon, raiding is also in Log Horizon, guild drama was definitely in Log Horizon, SAO, and obviously .hack//roots. Boring rehashes was explored in Log Horizon when they mentioned multiple times the reusage of models and dungeons. Achievements are still a fairly new thing (that I despise) so I won't even bother going into that.

Started watching roots again after all these years. Never realised how much I appreciate the art, character design, and interaction. I guess it's a series you can only really appreciate once you're older, all of .hack really. It's not super action shounen stuff for ADHD kids, that's for sure.

This. So much this.

stop using italics

Was the last time you played Runescape ten years ago? Because player crafted gear has been mid-tier at best since the release of Barrows. There is no reason to do crafting in Runescape anymore outside of quest requirements. Yes, there is an upcoming crafting overhaul that will finally make crafting useful again, but that's not happening until 2017, and it's only for melee equipment at first. Who knows how long it will take for ranged, magic, and jewelry equipment to get the same treatment.

Still the best Avatar theme in GU though

Eh, the originals have their own charm. The GU boss fights felt so lighthearted compared to the odd shit you had to fight in the originals, but the gameplay was certainly better in GU.

Personally, I prefer Innis' Phase theme.

The first time you fight Skeith and he destroys you, good times.

I swear that was the hardest boss of all four games. It was great being at a level just high enough so BlackRose could tank one of his hits without dying.

Data Drain was the greatest Fuck You! a game could give you to use on enemies, and the random shit that occurred when you did that too often was fun. Shame the gameplay was lacking.

If they put out an HD collection of IMOQ and/or GU I would buy a PS4 just for them.it might be cheaper than buying the discs now

i am surprised Tera never got an animu back when it was still popular

Same for Cosmic Break

Is Tera fun
I keep seeing cheap limiteds popping up and I'm a sucker for physicals

No

Going through the dot hack universe just makes things more depression like when you read into their offline profiles, all their personal problems or monotonous and mundane and mediocre lots in life.

It cuts too deep and the way some of them never meet again.

Back in the old days, the social aspect of MMORPGs were such a huge thing, one of the first things was everybody always asked each other for their AIM, AOL, or MSN.

Now people just want to play an MMORPG as a single player game whenever they can get away with it. It's just too sad and boring.

What happened?

The current generation has no, or almost no, social skills
See: Facebook, reddit, tumblr

I like the physical collector's edition, the game itself is pretty shit now though.

A while back they nerfed the hell out of everything in the overworld so the famous monster-hunter like combat they were touting is complete bullshit now.

The game itself aesthetically is also entirely koreashit, so enjoy your obnoxious cutesy anime blob "animals" and mounts that look like something out of a modern k-pop music video and shit cotton candy.

Why does the world forget the good things?

Not really.
Basically the devs have no fucking clue what they're doing resulting in massive power creep, and a class legitimately being so useless they had to prevent them from casting buffs so people would stop using them as buffbots.
That's how useless priests are, they're more useful as buffbots than actual party members

tbqh fam grinding games are quite boring. IDK why I play them

You should read good night world.

MMOs are meant to be timesinks. I also haven't played RS in years but how on earth did you manage all that defense with almost zero attack and all these other confusing stats? Too bad RS is the closest thing thing to UO left except the grind is just more insane than any Korean mmorpg.

Buff bot centric games can be fun, like how ROSE online was. Only buffbot Clerics in ROSE were definitely not useless and can even spec themselves to dex clerics to rape everything.

Concerning Koreashit, I'm amazed BDO turned out so well (graphically). But speaking of koreablobs, how is AION doing? I never played AION but I like the concept art and think it's cool..

(checked)
They really screwed up TERA. I wonder where they went wrong? People used to have such amazing hype and hopes for the game.

(checked)
Looks interesting. It's even rated highly, which is rare. The synopsis reminds me of the documentary of Rent-A-Family, Inc. where some Japanese guy is a good father-for-hire yet his own personal family life as a father is a failure. I just hope they don't botch the adaption if there ever is one.

I don't think anyone can forget DAoC. The faction system was so much fun. It's just in the dark and shadow of so many other mmos.

Skinner box

And you've probably invested so much time you're thinking you can't stop now.

There are still servers that aren't shit, you know.

Granted, they're mostly russian, but if you want to play non-shit expansions like Gracia or if you're patrician-tier enough to play on Interlude you'll do just fine.

openings.moe/?video=Opening1-DotHackSign
for anybody in cucked countries

Still waiting on Lineage III

Lineage had the best PvP system and so many other amazing things about it but NCsoft despite all its money are such major fuckups. They keep trying to be Blizzard and fail miserably.

Holy shit you fucking nigger. I really miss this game. So much lore, so much Race vs Race PVP.
Acrecia was easily the best race. Massive killer cyborgs nuking the shit out of Hobbits and Elves with big fucking cannons.

why? Why blueball your audience? Keep the anime as it is except you remove the fan service and put some fucking hentai scenes in it every now and then

You could blame modern MMOs these days as they are more about the YOU for lack of a better term, in that to you don't really have party to get shit done out side of raids or certain achievements. Also wikis & Youtube will usually have a how to guide up within a week. Also you have to remember we all get old & modern society sucks I guess.

I remember seeing Lineage 2 in the game stores back in the day, I always wanted to play but I was a poorfag with a toaster. Kinda feel like I missed out.

Probably something to do with Nips chimping out if they find out their waifus aren't pure. Unless it's revealed early on that she is in fact a slut. Fan-service nudity is ok though. Pic related was featured on the .hack//Quarantine bonus DVD. How that got packed in a T rated game in the early 2000s I'll never know.

TFW EVE Online showed not only can you have a complex MMO that survives, but thrives.
MFW CCP has some of the best MMO technology in the industry

And don't forget all the side projects, the massive fucking undertaking that is Fanfest… all for people paying 15 dollars a month.

Actually I've been playing RS3 and I went from level 1 mining to wielding a rune pickaxe is less then 7 hours. Some of the stackable you can Smith as f2p sell for 1k+ at just Iron. 2k for Steel. By the time I reached mining 41 I had more then the 32k gold to buy a rune pick.

Fuck off. This is such a shit plot point.
Lookthis shit. This is the 15th page of the first chapter.

SAO isn't better than anything. Log Horizon used the different world thing avoid the retarded setup of SAO. "Hurr Durr! we are going to kill a bunch of people for some raison.". The plot point of the world becoming more real makes for a better plot point than Kirato becomes the only one that can dual-wield because raisons. Every mechanic in the game Elder Tale starts to need an explanation because it is becoming more real.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/bursting-flavor-2003-02-24

kys

Let's be honest user. If we were all stuck inside a game world, at least a portion of the people on 8ch would be player killers. Humans just justify a lot of shit to themselves.

Later, dead people from the game reappear.
But some of them had already died of old age when the MC comes around.

eeeeeeee

awesome, thanks a lot for the answer. GU seems to run fine for me so I'm going to revisit it and do all the sidequests for that marriage thing.