Ever since it's inception Digimon has consistently shat on Pokémon so much it's not even funny

Ever since it's inception Digimon has consistently shat on Pokémon so much it's not even funny.
The anime is top notch, even the horrible lows of 02 surpassing the highs of any Pokémon season.
The games are varied and diverce, going from great pet Sims to dungeon crawlers to smt lite and it's all good fun and never stale unlike Pokémon who got boring back in crystal yet still keeps on being the same game.
Even their concepts are better, one partner one soul one goal and epic heroism surpassing by far an inept display of cockfighting for glory.
The creatures themselves are varied and draw from several myths, with so many evolution branches and at least 6 stages of evolution there's always more to look forward to when raising a Digimon than pokemon's cartoon animals or rocks with angry eyes getting bigger once or twice.
With this on mind it baffles me that Pokémon is still popular let alone relevant while Digimon is a "literally who?" surviving off vita ports for the ps4.

Other urls found in this thread:

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/DigiCode)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

K.

Blame nostalgia.

ITT: emotional attachment to a cheap knockoff of a popular IP because your parents were too stingy to buy you the real thing

Pokemon games are usually better. But that seems to be changing these days.

Show:
Digimon>Pokemon

Games
Pokemon>Digimon

muh kids games

Yu-Gi-Oh! had a better series, better games, better card game, better manga. And yet it has gone more and more to shit with popularity. Moral of the story, popular things suck.

I like both, I see no reason for coexistence. I mean, pokemon is aimed at children while digimon is currently aimed at teens. So why not both?

Fuck your "mon" games, where's my zeta project vidya

I think those images are parodies of the way digimon fans think of pokemon, they know they are the lesser "cash-in" series so they struggle for relevance anyway they can.

lel

But that's never going to stop the cash in series fans from getting butt mad that a series that did it first in fewer steps of pointless complexity is more popular and a cultural icon.

I certainly think Pokemon has shat it self since gold and silver in terms of games and since early as fuck on in the anime, but I also think Pokemon has a mountain of untapped potential with Gamefreak and to an extent Nintendo standing in it's way whereas Digimon has peaked with the second series and I didn't play the games they always looked shit.

user please, the best games are Platinum, Emerald or BW2. The games were getting better. Gen 6 is the only legit bad gen. Digimon has good game but it lacks the consistency that Pokemon has. Pokemon has a formula that works and they stick to it, meanwhile Digimon always changes, this is a double-edged sword.

terriermon groping themm tiddies

Quads or not this is false, especially considering no generation of Pokemon is bad

Is appmon really aimed at teens?

Appmon isn't digimon.
It's a spinoff like how digimon span off of tamagotchi.

Diamond and Pearl?

Its because the games are made by Nintendo, and they know how to market to kids in other c countries, while whoeverthefuck owns Digimon can't into worldwide marketing and didn't have a full English branch to push their stuff.

How does it feel to be absolutely wrong only 8 words into your post?

These used to be the same thing. Why did everything have to go so wrong, Holla Forums?

I think I liked silver and gold so much because the content leap was absolutely insane and every other gen not having the previous gens region and the mountain of new content was a let down, they even removed day and night from Ruby and Sapphire, day and night was balls to the wall and comfy as all fuck.

Personally I'd feel a lot more keen about Gen 6 if it wasn't for the Battle Frontier reference in ORAS. It'd still be pretty shitty that the Battle Frontier was removed, but at least it was somewhat excusable because you could say the guys at Game Freak didn't have the time to finish the Frontier in XY and they didn't want to give ORAS a bigger postgame. Having that "The Battle Frontier project has started!" message really sinks in that there's only Battle Tower now.

Oh boy time to break out the Gary folder

dont worry op I like digimon too

>The games must follow suit, let's check' em

What gives Holla Forums?

There were 3 ps games.

Decode might be good. I mean, there would be no other reason for a group to spend years translating it.

Digimon has shit, DeviantArt OC-tier designs that looked autistic and uninspired. Kind of like Pokemon did after Gen 2.

Yes

In all honestly, Gen2-Kanto was a mess. It was just a lot of space between gym battles. The PWT does the "bring the old gym leaders back" better.

Now this is some quality bait, here is the (you) that you want so much.

Pretty sure klink was designed by ken sugimori. He also designed dugtrio and magneton.

Digimon is for truly autistic fucks.

Pokemon has always been for niggerlovers and faggot hot topic kids.

Checked

>9gag

Digimon is the superior show by far (all of them, even D2), and the games are incredibly diverse with every other game being in a completely separate genre.

That's great. Digimon is great.

its kind of sad, right? a better game and show and it just die.

Pokemon is shit.
Digimon is worse though, it's like sonic level autism.

so when a game and series literally designed for children presents simple easily understood characters and reliable content in a pet collecting game it's more successful that an autistic edgy series that actually has diverse and occasionally interesting games?
Wow, what an incredulous discovery you've made here OP

Kling and Chandelure's lines are great. This man has no taste.

For how many time you're going to keep with this shit. Its not even funny anymore.

This is now a renamon thread. Post renamon.

How can one ask for sauce in the myriad sea of Braix hentai

While the digimon themselves are superior to pokemon, the problem is that the games are vastly inferior to pokemon (the most recent digimon game with the interesting character design might be an exception). It also lacks the continuity pokemon has, both in the games and in the show.

MONSTERS RULE

Because we can't have nice things

fixed

what is this 2001?

EYE WUZ TRANSPORTED TO UH FAHUHWAY LUND TO A WURLD WER MONSTAS ROOL

Nice quints.

Also I see what you mean; even when I was a kid, I noticed Pokemon had rules and consistency and stuck to it. It wasn't just about the games and characters in a show, it was presenting a whole world.

Digimon is inconsistent; doesn't lay out its own rules or changes them, and reboots often enough with different formulas it's really hard to get attached in anything like the same way.

Or to put it another way; Pokemon is one thing with lots of points of entry; Digimon is lots of different things that share a few commonalities.

THIS FUCKING ID WHAT THE FUCK

I PLAYED DA GAME LIKE AN APE NOW WE'RE IN DIS PLACE TO SAVE THE MONSTAS FROM DE EBIL MOO

Nokia is mai waifu.

Is that ID legit? If it is that is probably the coolest shit I've ever seen. I mean, what are the chances?

Are you niggers retarded or just fresh off the boat? Hover over the ID and you'll have your answer.

daaaamn. that id is so fresh! sssssnap!

This should be a bannable offense

nice downvote ebin brother

every time

That ID

hoo boy here he goes again folks this crazy dame is off the handle

what the fuck is this green shit

thread is officially beyond saving now

Yes.

Oh yeah…Gen 1 is sooooo amazing, gais.

So where's Motorola, Sony, Samsung, LG, and Ringo?

Great. Now someone do one with digicode (digimon.wikia.com/wiki/DigiCode)

Why is Charizard so damn fat?

mummymon did nothing wrong
he just wanted to be with his waifu

He ate your mom.

Zonkpunch makes some awesome straight stuff, too bad he is mostly invested on making gay shit.

He is a big guy

Oh man

kay

Don't forget about Lufia 2 and DQ4

I agree, OP. Pokemon recycled almost every episode (Ash goes somewhere, meets a trainer, trainer beats him because he's shit, team rocket beats trainer, ash beats team rocket, trainer gives ash a badge out of gratitude and pity – I swear this was the plot at least a dozen times, if not more) and was overall boring as shit, while digimon kept things fresh and interesting

I dont know about the games, but the anime was gold most of the time compared to the utter retardation that was pokemon.

Is there any other reason to care about digimon?

Hokuto no Ken is not for kids

Animes for kids are aimed for boys while animes for adults are aimed for grown up women?

I will never understand /a/

tbh, I don’t think shonen are that bad of an anime.
People expect an anime that is meant to excite and is aimed at a younger audience to have the same storytelling and dialogue as one aimed at older audiences and meant to make you laugh
I would go as far as to call shonen good because. as weeb as it may be, the MCs in shonen are extremely motivated and driven to connect with those around them, and aren't some generic white knight NEET loser that seems to be the MC in more and more anime

Digimon can't get its shit together. There is no typical style of Digimon games. There is no single Digimon game that includes every Digimon up to that point. Its primarily an anime series which exists to sell merch, as opposed to Pokemon which was a game from the start, and it shows in how fucking disorganized the games are.

They're giant homofaggots. You don't want to understand them.

This poster remembers

Yet it's on Shonen Jump, a magazine aimed at kids.

It is if you want your kids to grow up to be men.

Exactly..Digimon still trying to find a beat for their videogames. World 1: Raising Sim, World 2: Rougelike, World 3: Standard RPG (and did the trapped in an MMO plot earlier than SAO or .hack) World 4: Hack and Slash RPG. Hell, they couldn't even keep their leveling and evolution system straight as they keep changing game from game (worst offender being World 4. Hey, wanna digivolve? Play on Hard mode, ya scrub)

t. person with emotional attachment to nip-jew marketing gimmick trash

Mah nigga

i want 4chan to leave

You haven't played either game and are just regurgitating what you've read on here.

Because the show was good and the last two Digimon gamed were great. Hopefully the trend continues. I'd be perfectly fine if they just stuck with the formula of Next Order and Cyber Sluts for every subsequent game.

I think both digimon and pokemon are alright, but i will have to say that digimon has som pretty shit designs. Im not saying pokemon is "da veby best" when it comes to design cause it has some bad ones too, but i feel that a lot of digimon either look way too over designed or just stupid

What did he mean by this?

bump for yiff

Both are infested with furfags who fap to gay-kemono.

You can get a PS Vita for 20 bucks

Bullshit.

Thats not 20 bucks, thats 19.96

You're suppose to send me money as service fee to my pay pal account for revealing the price

feel free to send 4 cents to; [email protected]/* */

It's simple, while Digimon were more story-driven Japanese-style comfy, Pokemon are just way too iconic in general.

Take the monster design for example. Pokemon are simple and smooth, while Digimon are somewhat complex. You could probably draw any original pokemon somewhat accurately from memory. With digimon, you'd have hard time with anything outside the original few. You can't reconstruct their first evolution.

Not an actual vita.

It's more like Digimon has a clusterfuck of absurd or clashing designs.
I don't believe it's about simplicity rather than cohesiveness, which is why you see people hating things like the change of art style in pokemon.

He's corrupted. It's pretty obvious if you watched it.

It's a Vita that can't play Gravity Rush or PSO2, but in return, it also won't rot your eyes and lets you play with a controller that's easily replaced if it dies from wear and tear. Those last two points are extremely important to me since my eyes are shit, and my PSP's nub was giving me issues after just a year.

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

You can if it's hacked

As someone who's loved both all my life and devastated by how shit Pokemon games randomly got after how great Gen V was, I know exactly what you mean, OP.

Literally kill yourself.

Digimon is more SMT like. And it's becoming increasingly obvious with each passing series. Almost happened as early as 02 in the anime series but "child friendliness" cucked them out of that lucrative line of thinking.

Pokemon is the farthest thing from SMT. If anything it has closer ties to the DQ series.

Well Pokemon is becoming more like Digimon these days anyway. How many years did it take Pokemon to reach Mega level?

please leave, casual

Let's not forget the particular generation they got asshurt about me calling shit when they're not even trying to hide the fact they're watering them down.

If they can create an anime to advertise and match the recent games, they might be back in the game. But

It never had a chance.

So much potential but mistakes were made by the localization team with merchandising, bad timing on the U.S ports, and a terrible anime dub.

Just a few months of wait would have made such a huge difference from people calling it another "pokemon ripoff!"

Would you an Archnemon?

And nothing of value was lost

I enjoyed the hell out of the digimon cartoon, but thought it was kinda stupid how every monster's name was prefixed to 'mon', so they had to constantly refer to themselves as dohdecadildomon.

Unless that was intentional, since because they are digital beings the 'mon' is actually like a file extension, which I guess makes it clever, but not so much when they have to constantly say it when talking to others or introducing themselves.
I kinda miss the novelty of digivices, but they'd be a total fucking ball ache for anyone who has actual shit to do, nobody aside from little kids or hikkimoris have the fucking time to constantly babysit the little digital bastards, but the death of them seems a bit undeserved when the internet is a common commodity now.

A lot of the designs suffer from the edgy kingdom hearts/final fantasy shit like zippers on zippers on zippers and werewolves in ripped jeans evolving into a wolf zoid for some reason, but pokemon definitely suffers from a lot of awful design choices considering they're supposed to be organic creatures, so a keychain pokemon or group of eggs that evolves into a palm tree or turtle that evolves into a bigger turtle with some kind of mechanic shell housing water cannons isn't any better.

ゴム無し

digimon fans are the most determined autists out there

Pokemon is for babies
Digimon is for kids
DBZ is for retards
JoJo is for fags

I'm even afraid to ask for whom Fate is for.

everyone who likes a children's show that isn't pokemon has an inferiority complex

is it a meme

I was never really a fan of Digimon but I played Digimon World 3 like a motherfucker.

Never got pass the fucking desert though.

That's just a long-winded way of saying "poorfag"

If I owned a tv I'd just get a ps4 instead.

Why did you even bump this thread

Lol men dont watch anime

Because it's relevant to the discussion at hand.
If have a TV you're better off getting a ps4 as many vita games like gravity rush got a port, and some like gravity rush 2 or the English version of Digimon next order are only for ps4 despite the latter being a vita game originally.
It also defeats the purpose of being a handheld device if you use it as worse ps3 (that thing at least had mh portable 3rd HD on it).

Doesn't matter how good it was, Digimon doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from being a shit pokemon knock-off. If they didn't base half of their decisions on "let's try to fool kids into thinking this is pokemon" it would have succeeded.

Must be hard always knowing what they love is either a cheap knock off or will just never be as popular.

E D G Y

I can't really Digimon is better than Pokemon…when half of their roster is recolors.

I know this is a bait post but Cyber Sluts is literally Digimon with SMT gameplay.

3 is the best Digimon World game, but only because of that trading card minigame.

Digimon was a virtual pocket pet that later became an anime, you fucking uninformed idiot..

This is one of Digimon's strengths. It has much higher highs and lower levels but at least is' not standardized.

Have you seen Tri? It's aimed at 30 year old waifufags who would rather watch girls go to the spa and organize school festivals than see giant monsters shooting fireballs at each other.

Reminder that Zeta Project Season 2 and Static Shock are the only two DCAU shows not on dvd.

Where do you think we are? That's the reason digimon is awesome. I'm not watching anime to not be autistic.

That's actually the reason. The last boss of Digimon World and Digital Card Battle is Analogman, "man" being the file extension for humans, as opposed to "mon" for digital monsters.

Yet none of them have been determined enough to translate the damn WonderSwan games, even though the anime plot actually revolves around them.

Can't I be a retarded faggy baby kid?

It's like how Chris Chan hates Harry Potter because the Harry Potter fad started around the same time the major Pokemon fad ended, so he saw it as Harry Potter killing Pokemon.

Is that the one where ZeedMillenniummon goes homo for some random kid?

Objective tier list for 'mon franchises coming through. Note i'm being liberal with what consitutes "mon" here. Gash/Jojo/Shaman King/Persona etc should probably be it's own category but I don't know what to call it

Gash Bell/Zatch bel> Jojo > Pokemon = Digimon > Persona > Duel Masters > Megaman BN/SF > Yugioh > Shaman King > Spectrobes > Card Captors > Medabots > Bomberman Charaboms > Monster Rancher > Beyblade > Yokai Watch > Bakugan

What's with this retarded Digimon is Pokemon retardation? They couldn't be more different. The whole point of Pokemon was "Gotta Catch em all" and Digimon was just about adventuring with your single Tomodachi.

Do you honestly think that because I post a reaction image from Fate that I'm some rabbid Fate fan and I'm going to rush to defend it?
How simpleminded of you…

Knock yourself out

UMMMMMF

does anyone know the Digimon in the second pic? I used to have an action figure that I loved to play with of that guy. blast from the past homie

What were you doing with that figure?

Oh shit, here we go.

Flamedramon?

The difference is simple: Pokemon has consistent mainstream appeal. It's something marketers can sell to a large audience. The games are consistent (to the point of being painfully formulaic). The anime series never changes meaning it's always more of what fans enjoy.

Digimon is often more jRPG than pokemon when the games are good, meaning there's a certain level of difficulty and grinding that normalfags and children won't tolerate. Not to mention that the games wildly vary in quality and gameplay and their releases are staggered badly. Not to mention that the monster designs and storylines are often a little more complex than "I wanna be the very best"

Hey man, Karabiner's a good enough artist that he can make god tier male and female pics.

Is that Megatron

I want to fuck puppetmon

It's a whole series of games. The first one introduces Millienniummon. The Y2K bug warped space and time in the digital world and merged the remnants of Machinedramon and Kimeramon together after they were killed (Kimeramon wasn't even created yet) and revived all the main villains from Adventure 1. He then kidnapped all the chosen children and their digimon, but Agumon got away. Gennai recruits a random kid and gives him Taichi's digivice to help Agumon save everyone. This is the only game that has an english version.

The second game, Tag Tamers, introduces Ken, who goes on to be a central character of Adventure 02. All those plot developments that seemed out of nowhere in 02? Most of those were from the game. After Our War Game, one Diaboromon escaped, and Ryo and Ken (who had went to the digital world briefly one time) go to stop him. But actually it's a test and they have to fight Millenniummon again and rescue the Digimentals (which of course were also central to 02). 02 features several flashbacks to this game, including Ryo and Millenniummon. Millenniummon is the one who implanted the Dark Spore, a piece of himself, in Ken. This caused him to harvest Devimon's soul and create Kimeramon, which then became half of Millenniummon.

The third and fourth game also aren't translated, but Ryo finally gets his own partner, it becomes established that Millenniummon caused the initial glitch in spacetime that formed Apocalymon (who then warped the world and created the Dark Masters and Devimon, whose soul becomes the soul of Kimeramon, who is half of Millenniummon), Ryo gets to meet the real god of the Digital World (ENIAC, from the real world), and he gets sent to a new universe, explaining why he's in both 02 and Tamers.

The entire real story of the anime is in these games. 02 is more of a sequel to Tag Tamers than it is to Adventure 1, and Ryo becomes a main character in Tamers, which makes no sense without the games. And this is a heavily condensed version. There's a lot more going on.

Pokémon stopped being popular in 2000. Digimon was maybe popular for 2 weeks in 2001.

POGs was more popular than Digimon ever were.

Monster hunter crossover with either title when?

I'm pretty sure Digimon hit its peak in late 1999-early 2000, hence the massive nostalgia for Adventure and the hate for Adventure 02. It kept going well enough through 2002 (hence people liking and remembering Tamers), but I think one reboot was all the kids attention spans could handle, and when they rebooted it again only a year after the previous reboot, it was over.

Now see if they released the WonderSwan games over here then some kids might have known these reboots were not actually reboots, but a complex multiverse, and that might have held at least the more autistic of them for a little longer.

Digimon Adventure: Anode Tamer is supposedly in English with the colorized port

Well yeah but that's not a fan translation, that's an official one. And it's the one game in the series that has barely any plot anyway.

Digimon=Sega. If it's so great, why is it basically dead?

Like Sega, the creative types made good shit, but the higher ups kept making brand-killing decisions.

Very creative.

Actually the fact that they all become knights becomes pretty cool once they establish the Royal Knights, the defenders of the multiverse made up of all the greatest heroes of the digital world, AKA all the main protagonists.

Which digimon gets to be the main character, the mascot for the season, is probably a corporate decision (hence Agumon getting used again in Savers, the series that happened after they got cancelled for a while), but they do cool shit with it.

Also, I'd argue the problem isn't that each season is too similar, but that they're too different. Doing reboots every season is probably one of the main things that killed the franchise. Even though Pokemon games are unrelated to the anime, they at least felt like the same world. The Digimon games (outside of the Wonderswan ones) felt like a very different world from the anime, and from each other (even though at least Digimon World and Digital Card Battle are the same universe as Adventure, technically), and then the anime started rebooting all the time, and all that did was throw away all the emotional investment they had built up in their audience. I'd argue Pokemon did the same thing to a lesser degree when Gen III's plot had nothing to do with Gen II, while Gen II was very much a sequel to Gen I. But at least it wasn't a full reboot and the world was pretty similar.

Digimon gets by on having the more autistic, and therefore more awesome, plots.

I don't even remember what I like about Pokemon.

it's always the dinosaur.
Turning into yet another robot knight is still cool?

Porn.

That's the only reason I like her. keep going. I'm enjoying this.

Everything else by the artist of renamon is straight up porn and I'm trying to be tasteful and I'm also kinda lazy.

I don't think you know what that means. Plus, Agumon is

V-Mon is

It's a bit different. But yeah they start with dinosaurs and end with knights. And there's usually a fusion in there somewhere to make them a knight.

Well yeah, the corporate guys would want to keep the mascots relatively similar. I'd argue that's one of the few sane decisions they made. Making it too different probably hurt the franchise already.

Yeah, but also I meant the general plots they create around them are cool.

Who's the artist?
You could also post stuff done by a different guy as well. As long as you don't post too many in one go multiple times you'll get banned for posting five images three times or so it's all right. One image at a time is no big deal.

Go to bed, garfield.

Meh. A little different. I bet there's some explanation for it later down the line. I know Agumon and the other protagonists from Adventure were created by Gennai to stop the Dark Masters. V-Mon was an ancient digimon with special powers. Perhaps Agumon was based on V-Mon? Okay that time they're just copying. But the other times they do justify it.

In Tamers it is actually justified as Guilmon is literally a kid's OC brought to life.

In Frontier they fuse with the souls of a group of ancient heroes, who are ancestors of previous protagonists.

It's literally in the filename you dumb nigger.

You're trying really hard to justify the lack of creativity and doing a really bad job at it. Bullshit plot reasons don't fucking matter when you can take one look at the main partner digimon of each gen and know exactly what it's going to become from the start.

Yes they do. The whole reason I like the series is because it tickles my autism in the right way. Patterns and retcons to justify patterns are classic autism.

Also, Tamers having the main character be a literal OC was legit cool, autism or no.

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

So the average digimon fan has moderate to severe autism then. Good to know.

Just for that you don't get any more pics.

I left and got my own so it's fine. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, thanks for artist name by the way.

Pokemon are more fuckable.

Pokemon's formulaic nature is part of what makes it so attractive to children/manchildren. Digimon might be the better IP but it will sadly never be the more successful one.

Kill yourself, my man.

Kill yourself.

You ever wonder what makes someone a furfag? It's not just finding Lola from Space Jam or Rouge the Bat sexy as a kid, it's behaving like this obnoxious faggot shitposting Renamon.

*gently caresses your backside*

Fuck off.

I didn't come to this Cambodian cave painting imageboard to talk to non-autists.

Half of digimon are just humans with wings and shit. In Digimon Frontier there's a main character who is a loli that turns into a fairy. You're objectively wrong.

Day of the rope can't come soon enough.

Doesn't matter if you like lolis or not. Your reaction, hating them even more than furries, proves you do not belong on a chan. You are the cancer that killed halfchan and you should never have followed us here.

Protip: blindly hating furshit was a meme forced by pedo mods on 4chan because they were butthurt that their sekret fetish club got invaded. Vanilla furshit is actually really tame compared to other fetishes and doesn't get fucked up until you add more to it.

It would be okay if you were just ambivalent to both. But to hate lolis and be fine with furries? You clearly never belonged here.

Nobody belongs here.

No, it's that you have such a strong opinion that runs counter to something that was an age old tradition on chans. When that thing changed was one factor to signal the downfall of these sites. People like you, who demand the site adapts to you rather than the other way around, ruined it for everybody.

>>>/halfchan/
>>>/gaia/
>>>/reddit/

It's not even a strong opinion, it's just logical thinking.
You mean like the butthurt pedos who throw a shitfit at the first sine of anything remotely furry?

Vanilla furshit boils down to xenophilia, no different than wanting to fuck a robot or blue alien chick. Loli on the other hand always implies pedophlila, which is always morally wrong.
Of course I doubt you see it that way because you seem like the type with an adamant my opinions>your opinions mentality.

This triggers me. Whatever subhuman put this together who doesn't know about the myriad ways to enter special characters, or even just copy-pasting the é from a website needs to be gassed.

Worse weakeness system, far more predictable, albeit identical stat growth for all monsters of a species, but with a better evolution system that isn't as nuts as Digimon or SMT where you can start with one thing and evolve all the way to the other end.

There's also the PSX TCG though I think it plays a little differently.

And that's how I knew you were fucked up in the head.

That isn't what happened though. You started bitching about an innocuous loli reference. That proves that you are an outsider and don't belong here.

Or maybe I'm just sick of listening to pedo fucks acting like they own the place for 10+ years.

Naw, you also referenced "day of the rope," which shows you are just a stupid Holla Forumsfag who probably doesn't even realize your board was created as a containment board when stormfags invaded and ruined /new/, and then started ruining Holla Forums when /new/ was shut down in an attempt to get them to leave.

You're just a cancerous newfag. I just want my old chan back. Where people could joke about pedophilia and niggerfaggots without you fags sperging out.

And I want my old chan back, where people could shitpost freely without retards like you taking shit way too seriously.

Digimon has Renamon therefore it is better no Pokemon comes close to her in terms of hotness.

Did Telefang ever get a proper translation?

I'm sorry. I cant get over the -mon naming. I just can't.

I don't think so. I check the Tulunk Village boards every so often and it looks like they still make progress in translating but haven't reinserted text for some reason or another.

Dirt>>>>>Shit>>>>Heat death of the universe>>>>>>>>>Your tastes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Duel Masters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bakugan

There aren't enough meme arrows in existence to show how terrible Dual Masters and Bakugan are.

man, the memories of all those pokemon-something something games that turned out to be telefang

and as soon as you started playing you noticed something strange was going on

You have no taste

Guess I'll play that bootleg Chinese translation, then.

At least Dual Masters had some funny bits to it. Bakugan is diet, sugar-free, Yugioh with no cute monster girls to keep you interested.

There's a machine translation for Telefang 2 on the GBA

And are you going to let that stop you?

To be fair, I never saw the anime, I was going off the card game and video games, which were great. the DM TCG is more or less identical to MTG in terms of gameplay, but IMO with a better art style for the card art.

whoops, meant to reply to this in

Well MTG is the original so all it literally did was copy and paste. Only reason to watch it was to fap to Mimi, which is literally what the entire Duel Masters fanart in existence looks like.

Bump

How can a person be this stupid

Love you too

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

I'm interesting in know how bad they are.

see

in regards to DM

in regargds to bakugan, Bakugan is just beyblade but without any of the few good things it had and all the bad things it did done even worse

Whats wrong with checking dubs?

Time for fucking porn.

It all makes sense when you realise they all have their filename end in .mon

Holy shit

Toei Animation for the cartoons, (((saban))) and fucking Disney for the engilish anime up to xeros wars(IRRCDisney did Frontier and Data Squad, jewban did the first 3 and X wars), with Toei America in charge of the new movie, and Bandamco for the little tamagatchi ripoffs/video games.

So it's not like they didn't have a big brand company working on it in america, it's just nobody really gave a shit after the first season.

Gameplay and monster transformations are extremely inconsistent between games, you have to relearn all the rules every time you play a new Digimon game.

Digimon are far less personal in terms of bonding, arguably every game mechanic in a pokemon game allows a player to play the game however they see fit, with their favorite pokemon, whereas Digimon games have had little to no essence of permanence to the creatures encountered.

Pokemon are more based in reality and resemble animals in design and behavior far more than digimon, the gap in anthropomorphism allows a player to feel more protective of the characters because the 'pet-like' aspects are far more prevalent.

Pokemon is designed inside and out to appeal to everyone and to draw out nostalgic, personal experiences that keep fans coming back every iteration.

Thanks for bumping thread, reddit.

They're at least aiming for dicks.

But they're all boring as fuck. Can't even be bothered to finish up the post game stuff in White 2. G7 will be hollow game or a game that makes G6 look like your playing chess.

They stick too close to it with no good moves towards fleshing it out in such a way that the world isn't boring enough that you can't replay it.
Worst part is how they constantly take added content out.

I remember when Gundam got cutoff after two successful seasons because no one liked Seed.

They said the reason wasn't for time constraints but because they thought it was too difficult for kids.

Ash and Greninjas egos are super fattening.

If you can't write a plot then you shouldn't try to act superior.

Is that the recent Tony Hawk game?

NIGGA NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THIS GAY-ASS TAMAGOTCHI SHIT IT'S TIME FOR MEDABOTS

Tar and feathering needs to be brought back.

Reboot? It's like Yugioh, new series with new characters.

I always thought they were more dragon than dinosaur.

I remember being down when I found out the boobie monster wasn't in the games

Didn't the company that owned it go into bankruptcy? If not, it sucks they refuse to bring any of the games over because they feel it won't do well without a series.

I would care more about Medabots if anyone would translate the games and bring them over. I mean, fuck, they have a 3DS game out there, just market it as 'Pokemon, but robots, so it's cooler' and there you go.

I don't know Yu Gi Oh beyond the original, but are they the same universe? Because Digimon isn't, outside of Adventure and Adventure 02. There is a multiverse going on, but you need extreme levels of autism, and a series of Japanese only video games, to understand it. When each iteration takes place in an entirely different world, with largely different rules, you're going to have a hard time keeping the kids' emotional investments. I mean, Season 4 was not only the second reboot, but the kids turned into digimon instead of raising them. That feels so different at first glance, even though in practice the series plays out pretty much the same. But to a kid, it just feels like an entirely different show, so you have to win them over all over again. And this goes double for the games, which are not only unrelated to the show, but also to each other, except for those obscure wonderswan games. A kid might like Digimon World 1, but 2 might be so different they might not like it.

I liked the idea of the multiverse in digimon and Ryo hoping between them in his hunt for milleniumon. Even the V-Tamer crossover was neat.

Robopon was a neat concept, it was kinda like Medarots to me, which was also neat. If anyone here likes either of those, watch Danball Seki. Practically the same thing

Pretty sure you're not watching the same fake "harem" shit as everyone else.

Also, how long have there been sexy Digiwaifus that wanted human dicks? That blew me away when I watched my friend play Cyber Sleuth and saw that Minervamon that was obsessed with this one highschool NEET.

Nigger, I can't afford a fucking vita and you think I even own a damn TV?

Yeah, I love this shit. But I'm sure that 100% of kids, at least outside japan, were not aware of it. I know I didn't become aware of it until years later. The only hint you have that Tamers and Adventure share any relation is a movie (which a lot of kids wouldn't see since it wasn't localized until years later) where Omegamon makes a brief cameo and says he chased Apocalymon from another universe. IIRC, Frontier doesn't make any references that imply a multiverse. It's only later when the Royal Knights show up that you can argue it's actually connected, and that's only if you argue the Royal Knights are the actual protagonists from the various series. Which I don't think is ever actually confirmed (though I may be wrong).

Now, I personally enjoy when you have more subtle links that make you think a bit. But this is not going to keep the attention of children.

TV is a normalfag machine and most people own one anyway.

Yugioh has some asinine timeline thing going on. Just because it's a multiverse with a renewal with each series doesn't make it a reboot; they just don't care that much and throw it at who they think will make something that can sell merch while not having to worry about keeping a bunch of canon shit in line.

Kid's these days don't give a shit, just make it colorful and exaggerate how it reacts and you'll get their attention but either way, by the time a new Digimon series comes out, the kids that were watching it would have grown into waifushit or whatever Japanese teenagers are into.

Seemed like something he's hinting at.

Probably since the beginning since someone had an idea of a Digimon wanting to mate with Kairi.

Digimon is lame and has no appeal beyond nostalgiafags wanting to relive watching their half hour long Digimon ads in the morning before school.

One job.
Also there was too much cucking going on in the series.Sora is a slut

Dismiss shit buzzwords.

Definitely a dumbass.

Fuck off.

Yeah, that's called a reboot. I mean yeah, it's technically a multiverse, but the multiverse elements are so subtle that they can be argued to not really exist outside of a couple obscure japanese only games, so it's close enough to being a reboot that it gets the negative effects of being one. Namely, you lose a significant portion of the interest the audience has gained over the previous iteration. You get an audience to care about a cast of characters and a world, and then when you get rid of not just the characters but the whole world and most of the mechanics that govern it, you have to gain their interest all over again, because you just ditched most of what they were interested in before.

Maybe now, but they used to make one season per year, and they rebooted it two years in a row. They were lucky to survive one reboot. But the second one just lost the few kids who kept watching after the first, and the new kids they gained with that first reboot. Then they got cancelled after that season.

Was Dagomon even a real digimon? Didn't the Divermon turn out to be some other monsters or something? And they weren't in the digital world, they were in some other mysterious universe.

There are good glorified advertisements out there.

Spinoffs and spinoffs. And the mechanic differences are largely things kids won't notice (new stats and shit) or things that are just relatively minor new mechanics, like hold items or abilities. To argue that's at all the same as the sheer absurdity of what the digimon games do is retarded. The first six or seven Digimon World games are all entirely different genres. And you can argue that Digimon World: Digital Card Battle is just a spinoff, but 1, 2, 3, and 4 are all completely different and unrelated to each other.

I only like mature chinese cartoons for mature people like myself. Also you're missing the sheer amount of crazy autistic lore that really separates the series from others.

There's no hint of a romance with Sora and Taichi except she gets mad because he gives her a hair clip for her birthday in that one movie. She's a stupid fucking bitch to everyone around her, but doesn't show many signs of being a slut.

Beyblades are serious shit and in a league of their own. Pic related.

Hey it's this thread again.

Yugioh has some asinine timeline thing going on. Just because it's a multiverse with a renewal with each series doesn't make it a reboot; they just don't care that much and throw it at who they think will make something that can sell merch while not having to worry about keeping a bunch of canon shit in line.

Kid's these days don't give a shit, just make it colorful and exaggerate how it reacts and you'll get their attention but either way, by the time a new Digimon series comes out, the kids that were watching it would have grown into waifushit or whatever Japanese teenagers are into.

Seemed like something he's hinting at.

Probably since the beginning since someone had an idea of a Digimon wanting to mate with Kairi.

Doesn't it need to be intentional to be called a reboot instead of just another loosely tied series under an IP?

I hope so that it can be said another thing was done in Digimon first.

Current series still on? Is it still mostly shit?

I like to think Gamefreak and Nintendo have far better PR guys than ones that would suggest talking down to your customers instead of saying you didn't have the time and if it was just time, I'm sure they would've just cranked it out as paid DLC.

There are creatures in Digimon that aren't Digimon. Like the Diginomes, and whatever Gennai is. IIRC I think the Divermon in the Dark World turned out to be some other monsters disguised as Divermon.

Probably, I basically only care about the ones from the '80s and '90s, but still, my point stands that some half hour commercials are good.

I thought Genai was just a human that got in and was using hacks.

Yeah, Transformers has a good track record; guess they learned what not to do with Armada.

He specifically says he's neither human nor digimon. But they don't actually say what he is. And there used to be a whole bunch like him until the Dark Masters attacked, but he's the only survivor.