What are your actual expectations for Metal Gear Survive?

What are your actual expectations for Metal Gear Survive?

PROS:

CONS:

Personally i may try it since its a budget release BUT i need to know more. The gameplay looks good but its essentially an MGSV expansion so thats no shocker but they said multiple missions and i need to know they dont all turn into horde mode defense. Thats my make or break. If it has actual lists of tactical espionage operations and more enemy types than zombies this is another MGR style spin off i'm cool with.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OuCzcoEy3tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Low.

It will probably be an okay Left 4 Dead like game, except nothing of it will matter to anyone because the entire point behind it is idiotic.

MGSV already did that

It will be shit, it will flop, and Konami will try to rub it in Kojima's face and say "HURR, LOOKS LIKE THERE'S NO MARKET FOR METAL GEAR. GUESS WE WERE RIGHT, HUH, KOJIMA? HUEHUEHUEHUE," and then return to turning all of their IPs into pachinko machines.

What expectations?

Realistically, the game looks to be mediocre. It won't suck hard enough for it to outright fail, but won't satisfy any fan of the series. The game also looks pretty cheap, given the amount of assets its reusing, so the small amount of sales its likely to get should potentially give a profit.

Chapter

Nothing

Impressive

(checked)

the most overused and stale meme

Its going to be a zombie sahelanthropus, theres almost no chance of them making a new model for zeke. They couldn't even be bothered to use the old motherbase we see sitting destroyed in Afghanistan. They used the new MB which makes no sense since it was the old one that was destroyed/wormholed.

Haha. MGS ended after 3.

RIP in piece

OP no one cares about your thread… everyone wants their dubs.

Sorry :(

kek has blessed this thread

i want dubs

dubs if im a failure

ayyyy

Let's get some dubs for this user

Fuck your shit shilling thread fuckboy, check my digits

guaranteed shill thread

As someone who loves high difficulty stealth games everything about Phantom Pain depressed the everloving shit out of me.

I will buy it on sale and play it once.

good goy

Except half the bosses are vulnerable to basic cheese. You can kill most of em standing in one spot. and yeah, the sound quality is great but the camo index and healing systems are a pain in the ass to manage.
A good stealth game doesn't give you an assload of guns with a silenced pistol that can shoot across any given area and hit the target everytime given you account for the time the bullet takes to hit the target. Don't get me wrong, I'm a gay for the series but each game has massive issues in terms of some balancing, that only gets moderately rectified on higher difficulties. As for TPP, consider the infinite heaven mod and taking out some of the HUD elements.

Anyway, sage for double post but the game is gonna be shit, with some neat tom clancy vidya elements that will get boring after a few hours and all fun will end up turning into some retarded base management grind like the original game. Under normal circumstances, I would have loved to have some features like base building added into the main TPP game, but sadly that isn't the case here.

thanks dad

You're not wrong, but the amount of broken shit in MGS V is honestly a list on it's own.

MGS 3 was the closest to good balancing the series got, and I think we can agree on that much.

kek fuck no

Metal Gear Survive™ begins with you creating a custom character just like MGSV, and once going through a basic movement and combat tutorial in the attack on MB in a ripoff homage to the first mission of MGSV, the trailer cutscene happens, and after going through another five tutorials with your comrades, the "Last and First Men," including strong woman who don't need no man and jive soldier boi, you begin a twenty hour long unskippable cutscene on the history of central Africa, which is where the game takes place so we can reuse assets delve deeper into the issues of soldiers on the battlefield.

After 200 hours that's really just the same 5 hours of shooting zombies "those who are lost" who turn out to be made from the bodies of child soldiers who were dumped into tar pits and had fused with the protozoic amoebas which were the precursors to the parasites, which give off radiant energy from the crystalized red rocks seen in the trailer, you discover a vast military conspiracy that is attempting to keep you from leaving. With help from "The Wizard," A child computer whiz turned political prisoner, and a mysterious man calling himself "Gary Murray" over short wave communications, you learn that you are in a "black site" code named "Camp Alpha," a dumping ground and testing site for technology and weapons made by the Philosophers using the south African government as a front. Later revelations reveal that the site is an inheritance from The Philosophers, and after a daring raid on the south African Lobito Island to rescue Murray, destroying Metal Gear KODOMO, a prototype bipedal weapon platform that utilized diesel fuel containing the parasites amoeba to overcome the limitations of previous war machines, you learn the awful truth, you and your comrades were recovered from the remains of MB by XOF, and left to fend for yourself in camp Alpha, so that you could clean up the failed prototypes that ultimately lead to the micro technology that dominated civilization later on.

The first events of the trailer were a near death hallucination brought on by PTSD, and the amoeba have given everyone a DEADLY MEME VIRUS, so even if you somehow escaped the site, you have less than 72 hours to live. The end game consists of a suicidal assault on a XOF compound that is coincidentally a modified camp Omega to destroy a rebuilt ZEKE that has been modified to launch biological payloads. The game ends with a fade to black of your squad fallen after barely defeating a reskin of KODOMO your past, with a post credits call revealing that the Patriots have recovered people from your base camp who have developed an immunity to the parasites nanomachines hypnotic suggestions Obama amoeba. There is no postgame.

You can trust me my uncle works in Konami's pachinko division.

Why not install one of the hardcore mods on the nexus into mgsv or use the infinite pain and alter the enemies hearing ability or range of sight to accomodate your needs? You can literally make mgsv as hard as you want it to be, from better enemies, to increased numbers, patrols, mines, more armored vehicles, helicopters, skull attacks in freeroam, etc.

In terms of what? Weapon balancing? Not exactly. It gives you too many guns and makes it feel too fun to go full nuclear with them, and is arguably a more viable gameplay route up until the harder difficulties in comparison to the other games. I'd say that MGS2 or 1 takes the cake because you have a lot less ammo and guns overall to play with, despite being given a full arsenal and bosses that are also mainly easy to cheese. MGS3 fucked up thinking you can keep the shooting mechanics from the first two and being allowed to use them in an open environment.
In terms of enemy and general damage balance, I'd agree with you more when it comes to MGS3. A larger variety of well hidden enemies hidden in extremely vertical level design makes you think a lot harder about things, and keeping your health in a proper state is also far more important creating for some slow-burning but extreme tension scenarios. It's a hard call to make which game overall, which I personally think is great because it makes a strong trilogy that purely leaves it to the player to personally decide which one they like is better. But yes, MGSV is absolutely broken as shit which I blame on the dev team not being able to make up their minds on whether they want a classic metal gear game or a whole new operatan beast entirely. It did a good job on weapon accuracy and whatnot but ultimately the two design philosophies don't mesh in the slightest.

I have two huge issues:

1. most everything that's been shown so far reeks of "why wasn't this in the base game to begin with?"

2. MGSV was a fucking cakewalk to run and gun through once you'd gotten even moderately powerful weaponry, which makes me worry that the whole stealth aspect to Survive will be rendered pointless past the first few engagements. What the fuck's the point in carefully, quietly sneaking past 6 zombies when your objective will have you fighting hundreds of them in a wave defense mode, anyway?

If you buy this shit you need to be shot, they are literally selling the same game, the same unfinished game, three times.

Can't be worse than MGS V.

This game already did it well.

I have no expectations, good ones at least. It just seems to me like a completely soulless cashgrab.

hundreds of them in a wave defense mode, anyway?

Because they had to shoehorn stealth in because its a metal gear title. Kind of like metal gear rising. There was a crappy little stealth element that wasn't needed in a hack and slash action game. It could come in handy on rare occasions, but not using it didn't detract from the game.

I expect it to be a shitty cash grab on the franchises name alone like how resident evil did with operation raccoon city and the other shitty recent one that came out this year. Instantly forgotten within a month or two.

DayZ and Dead Island are better.

The absolute shillman

Pretty low; I was really hoping MGSV was going to be a lot better, and it dashed my hopes pretty badly. I'll probably get it off a key-reseller when it's half-off or less.

I'm not disagreeing, but I shouldn't have to install mods, especially when Ground Zeroes had a hard mode that actually did a really good job.

It really does give you too many "nuclear" options, though.

This.
Free, does Resident Evil Outbreak's idea properly.

I expect Konami to go out of business and forced to sell off their IP, but it keeps not happening.

Literally none. If I give Konami attention, they win, they win. They arent gonna listen to the fans and all the controversy is just gonna give them publicity.

TFW can just emulate instead of giving Konami MGS HD or (inevitable) remake money.

(checked)
(checked)
(checked)

Fuck's sake, I'm contemplating buying the game just for this and the DLC costumes.
Pls talk me out of it

Nice. Now check these out

I'm just glad I'm not an MGS fan.

PROS: Not gonna get it
CONS: Konami will use it as leverage to shit on the industry

ah well, least we got some good games on the way

I'd be willing to get it if you can create your character and play solo.

Looks like it could be a nice grind but I'm not going to get it if I'm forced to play as a bunch of a fuckos

Shill.

Will I get dubs?

PES/Winning Eleven is too big of a series to make them go down, most likely they could lock all their IPs and concentrate their efforts in making more versions of that and they'd still have money to spare.

OP is shill? Without a doubt. In other news-

>youtu.be/OuCzcoEy3tc

I really really wish that this genre would die. It has been like 10 years of the same shit over and over again

Pros: Fox Engine

Cons: Zombies were the worst part of MGSV, and now they're the entire game.

Basically this.
That's all they really had to do, along with improving the game some.

I just want a coop stealth game.

Woah there.
What's wrong with you?
You know we can't have nice things.

Peace Walker was fun, if not limited for it being on the PSP.

It's basically the Angry Birds of horror. Eww.

this. peace walker was great fun, at least until the grind really got going

it will be MGSV with multiplayer, but the only mission available will be part where you fight off the Skulls with the Honey Bee.

Rig up Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Coop on the PC using a spoofed lan connection.
It is quite literally your only hope in the current industry state of the industry.

Why would you even consider buying a modern Konami game?