Paper Mario: Cuck Trash and nu-Fire Emblem

is Paper Mario and Fire Emblem worth saving if the angry/normal fans are just going to keep gobbling up whatever mediocre game Intelligence Systems (via Nintendo) shits out and slapping "7-9 out 10s" in their reviews?

never seen Nintendo fanbases so easily submissive like this, at least proper Zelda games sell better than awful shit like Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

Ain't Fates and Colour Splash doing worse then the Awakening and Sticker Star though?

Really?
Because this is how the entire nintendo fanbase has always been as far as i can remember, mindlessly purchasing any and all N branded products regardless of their quality.
Even back in the day with the "nintendo seal of quality" when it actually was supposed to fucking mean something, nintendo slapped that shit on the buggiest, most broken, horrendously ill crafted games ever.
Is all of this new to you, just now?
Then we must've lived on different timelines up until now.

not many people bought shit games like Command, Zero, Other M, Federation Force.

meanwhile good games like Metroid Prime 3/Fusion, Assault, any 3D Mario that isn't Sunshine/3D World, etc tend to sell much better than their recent "releases".

maybe you should do more research on certain Nintendo games than parroting gay ass opinions from fags who aren't even part of the Nintendo fandom and wank off to movie games like Bioshit Unfunite

Oh wow you've never actually been in contact with metroid fans, haven't you?
Have fun in your echo chamber, you better never step in the average metroid thread here or you're gonna get assblasted like there's no tomorrow.

i've seen praise for Fusion in many places

reminder that game outsold Super Metroid as well like the other 2 Primes did

because Metroidfags in #chans' Holla Forums boards are the majority on the actual fanbase?

try getting out of Holla Forums sometimes

Most people outside of Holla Forums are also praising the modern fire emblem games and they're selling like fucking hotcakes.

So CHOOSE.
You either come here to bitch about what the majority outside of here is doing, or you actually give a shit what Holla Forums thinks about video games.
It can't be both at the same time, else you're an opportunist and a walking ball of contradictions.

You can't bitch about what people outside of Holla Forums are doing and then direct me towards the majority out of here in the same fucking thread, you must realize this is idiotic if you have any self awareness whatsoever.

No. They're too far gone and corrupted. Especially Paper Mario which has no idea what its doing. Best to let them die now and cherish the past of what they once were.

>Fire Emblem will never be as good as Path of Radiance ever again

yeah these don't sound like Metroid fans

Oh quit your whining Gene and stay dead.

What the hell are you on about? Nintendrones have always taken it up the ass like the loyal fags that they are no matter how awful shit gets. The only exception was that stupid Tomodachi Life incident.

Way to move the goalposts to save your contradicting ass.
So basically in the end you just came here to bitch.
You want the opinion of the majority outside of Holla Forums, but only when it's convenient to you.

I see how it is.

You didn't even read our conversation, didn't you?
Actually read it.

see

Nintendo was always shit, the NES was shit, the SNES was shit, the N64 was shit and the Gamecube and what ever shitty handhelds that normalfags gobbled up were shit. You fags are just realizing Nintendo was never fucking good.

What's your favorite game, user?

who's goalposting here?

FEfags eat up Awakening/Fates trash while the other better FE games sold badly
Metroidfags didn't buy Other M and FF while previosuly recent (and better) games like Fusion and Prime 3 sold better.

anyone who's an actual Nintendo fan sold their WiiU, pirates 3DS games and condemns Treehouse for fucking up everyone of the games they "localize". I'm going to be buying an NX, if it's a new handheld. but I'm gonna be buying a Japanese version to spite NoA. I know I'm not a huge difference by myself, but I know 99% of Nintendo fans here are PISSED with Treehouse.

Fire Emblem is dead, but they're going to keep making shitty games anyways because retards keep buying them no matter how """quality""" the products are.

Fire Emblem at least still has fun gameplay when you look past the dumb DLC scheme.

Stuff like Super Paper Mario might be fun if you've never played a Paper Mario game, but it's simply not Paper Mario, just like stuff like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, while fun, isn't a replacement for mainline Pokemon games.

personally, with Cum Splash being on Loadiine, i really hope WiiU's awful install base and piracy hurt the game's sales (making it sell under how much Paper Mario 64 sold; over a million)

meanwhile, Nitnendo is going to have a BIG shock TTYD did better in recception and had better sales on the third worse selling Nintendo console (GCN)

Has the 3DS been hacked or is there a good 3DS emulator yet?

Thank you for your contribution to this thread

I wouldn't, WiiU piracy isn't far off and you don't have to waste your money on a NX if you want to play the new Zelda. You wouldn't make back the money you paid for it by selling it anyway

Check the catalog

but wasn't Paper Mario only good because the writers were actually decent? As you've seen now Treehouse is complete trash since they got rid of the good tallent and replaced them with SJWs.

Super Paper Mario could've been great if it weren't for those suddenly wacky non-Mario designs

if i recall, this is where fucking Miyamoto started enforcing the whole "only Mario world characters" in games like Sticker Star after SPM's major success on the Wii.

the WiiU emulator should have most games fully playable within the next year or two. but other than that, you're right.

people also enjoyed the RPG aspect of the game too user

can you not see the major complaints of Color Splash, even from nintendo shills who gave it 8s and 9s, is the gameplay still having big flaws from Sticker Star.

also pic related made a ton of Paper Mario fans mad during pre-release

I'm fluent in Japanese, so Treehouse BS doesn't affect me.
But yeah, Treehouse is trash, along with 99% of NOA. (The 1% is so far behind locked doors you never hear about them.)

true enough. my apologies

everything alright

Paper Mario himself being Mario and Luigi's latest gimmick should have made it clear enough. M&L were never better than the Paper Mario games anyway, if I had to choose one of the series to remain an RPG I'd pick PM any day of the week.

I personally would have kept Paper Mario as the console RPG series and M&L as the handheld RPG series.

Fuck the negativity, I think Color Splash looks good and fun

Same, but they deliberately chose to gut Paper Mario because they already had a RPG series in Mario and Luigi (despite PM predating M&L). I'm just saying if I had to choose one series to sacrifice I'd choose M&L since they still haven't managed to surpass Superstar Saga.

Yeah!
C'mon fam! Lets whack off Mario and then whack off early!!

Superstar Saga and PiT were the best storywise and for incorporating as much shit from the greater continuity as possible while BiS was the best in terms of gameplay. How could they go so wrong with the last two games?

I liked the story of Color Splash, and some details they added. Too bad the gameplay is garbage and the things i like aren't really enough to buy the game.

The ball's dead and wasted.

If you could mod 3DS games to be fun again, that would be a suitable allegory.
But as it stands it just makes no sense.

Retire these shitty little fuckers already.

this is exactly why the term Fun is noted as "subjective"

fuck off shiteater

Back to reddit negro.

Who the fuck let them put this shit into the game?
I think it's about time I started to learn Nipponese.

Radiant Dawn, my nigga

Think for a minute.
I know its hard but think for a minute.

You wouldn't learn Japanese just so you can continue giving Nintendo money, would you?

FE4 was the peak of the series, man.

4, 7, and 10 are the holy trinity

I didn't find Dream Team to be all that bad, but then again I know what to expect from these games by now. I'd put it above PiT overall. For me Superstar Saga had the complete package and was probably the most challenging overall. It was easily the most original as well.

I think the one thing that pisses me off the most about these new games is that white outline every character has. It's like they're trying to rub it in.

Agreed.
The fact that NOA will never get their grubby hands on FE4 is a blessing in disguise honestly.

So is Color Splash shit or is it ok like Super Paper Mario? I am still keeping hope and it hurts, I want to get it so bad but I don't want to get burned like with fucking Sticker Star.

Dream Team was ok but it was padded so fucking hard, the game could have ended fucking 10 hours earlier and it would have been better.

shit, exactly the same battle system as sticker star.

From what I've heard, it's Sticker Star 2.0 sadly.

There will eventually be an Advance Wars: Awakening

Daily Reminder that IntSys peaked at TTYD and hasn't made anything good since.

Even if Nintendo is doing things to piss people off, they're still the only company out there that is putting video games front-and-center of their company philosophy, whereas the PlayStation and the Xbox brand have evolved into home entertainment products and services.

If you bitch about Nintendo games incessantly, then what else are you playing? You're not playing the first-party games on different systems because they're almost non-existent and shit. You're not playing any popular multi-plat games because they're casual-pandering cancer shit. Are you playing games released 10-20 years ago and being nostalgiafags like Nintendo players are constantly being accused of?

Just what platform are people standing on to criticize Nintendo?

Fates outsold Awakening by a mile iirc, thanks to them spliting the game in three and seling it threefold.

polished Sticker Star

It's Sticker Star 2.0 with even more meme tier writing. Like sticker star the only redeeming thing is the OST

Any proof? People are so geared against this "meme" shit that people were accusing Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival because there was a reference to a double rainbow, which was in fact a reference to an event that happened in the main Animal Crossing series and not that viral video.

Either prove there is obnoxious meme spouting in the game, or continue to be an over-obsessive ass that loses his collective shit when something vaguely appears to reference something off the internet.

Awakening sold almost 2 million, even after counting the splitting it as 3 and counting each one as a game bought, it comes out to 1.5 million. Unfortunately far better than it deserves, but it sends a little of a message.

The first two Paper Marios had a black outlining. It was noticeable enough that you could tell the difference, but transparent enough that you never cared. The white is being a bigger distraction the more I see it.

see
You also have sniffits basically acting like tumblr and the out of place "putting -gate at the end of everything" joke, but I don't have those screenshots saved

So basically

No, you can at least have fun with Sonic 2006's glitches. You can't have any fun with Color Splash in any form.

Fates is doing drastically better than Awakening (which itself did well due to casualization), Sticker Star did well only because nobody expected it would be what it is instead of a Paper Mario game and I assume Color Splash is doing pretty badly because of Sticker Star's reception and general opinion on it.

Ah, ok.
I remember hearing that it outperformed Awakening in it's first week.
Must've been a steep decline afterwards then.

It's like nintendo's Dragon Age 2. Next FE game we'll get to see who is more pathetic; Nintendrones or Biodrones.

First week sales were bumped up by the fact that it counted for two at the time, with the bundle, for 3.

I know there used to be a lot of hate for metroid fusion, but that completely flipped around after Other: M.

It's not as great as Super Metroid, but it's no fucking Other: M either.

That's what using Havok will get you. Still, I don't think Sega wanted it to be a punchline for jokes 10 years later.

Not to mention it's on the WiiU. We're talking Star Fox Zero-tier sales here.

Other M was really an inversion of Fusion's good things while magnifying every single flaw to exponential levels.

There's a difference between references to popular internet memes and pop culture.

Besides, "normalfags" has such a broad history of usage that it can barely count as a reference. The earliest documented usage of the word "normalfags" on the internet dates back to an Urban Dictionary listing for the word back in 2004.

The issue I'm having is that many people here on this site are using these issues as a way of separating themselves from the heard from those who would find these sort of things hilarious.

Some would even go so far as to unironically blame the jews for this sort of thing.

When will we just learn to have fun with video games again?

Do you have some sort of misplaced personal hatred for people who play nintendo games?

get hype niggers SRW V soon

I'm fine if a game has popular internet memes and pop culture references, it's just cringy as fuck and lazy writing. The problem is when they add that shit in localizations for no reason, and it's extremely blatantly obvious when NoA does it. It always sticks out like a sore thumb and it's even more apparent.

I still have fun with lots of games, it's just that Color Splash is the opposite of fun. It's a chore; a very cringy chore.

People can play Nintendo games all they want, I have a personal hatred for people that deny that Nintendo's quality has dropped severely and people that eat up objectively bad games.

If Sticker Star is your idea of fun then you'll probably like this game. For most people it's not, otherwise Sticker Star's sales would have been closer to 2 million than 200k. But obviously all those people don't know what it means to have fun, right?

And to answer your original question , most of us play games on PC since you know, it's what most games are on. If you aren't aware why doing so is superior to pledging fealty to a console maker, you don't belong here. Good luck on your quest to find a collection of Nintendrones who'll defend this trash.

Wait isnt the joke/context that the snifits love poison and sludge but when the pond or garden is fixed its cleaner and healthier

aka an opposite joke

Yes, the japanese version could have easily been translated directly to english and still had the same impact. But for the Treehouse version we get it "spiced up" for no reason, gotta make the best of those pointless social science college courses

Game journalists are the parasites that wanted the dosh gaming is making, but lacked the "talent" necessary for even a bad indie dev.
Treehouse is for those that couldn't even make it in game journalism.

Isn't one of the current Treehouse employees a former IGN writer? I remember someone having archived info on it when fates was shat out

You guys shouldn't take sales as an honest measurement of quality. His taste is shit on the fact that he likes the most bastardized and depth-less verision of the game in the series, not cause sales

I'm okay with this.

You say that now, but whenever I turn my back, your definition seems to change back to

I have never seen any community defend sticker star or other m. So at best you're being dishonest with me. At worst, you're building up some weird bogeyman in your head to attack every day on online forums.

This isn't healthy behavior, user. In twenty years you'll wonder what you've been doing for your entire youth.

I just came in here to say that you sound like a faggot.

My masturbation-wrecked dopamine receptors are not pleased with your offering.

The puzzle pieces and cardboard are cute. Too bad it's being made by a bunch of retards that don't know what made th old paper mario games good.

Yeah, because you can't have good battle mechanics and humor. Also "colorful characters", which is a good joke, given that they are all just pallet swaps of existing characters now.

Except for the bucket with eyes.
The fucking
THE FUCKING PINNACLE OF ORIGINALITY IN A GAME ABOUT PAINT

GET IT?!

KILL ME

It shows just how much they've completely missed the point of the original aesthetic. Paper Mario and TTYD were supposed to look like a storybook/pop-up-book, not this arts-and-crafts shit we've got with Sticker Star and Color Splash. Hell, the image in uses cardboard to make up the platforms. YOU WOULD NEVER EVER SEE THAT IN THE ORIGINALS.

Slightly off-topic, but how's M&L Paper Jam? Is it decent, or does it have a case of Sticker Star-syndrome too?

Modern Mario and Luigi with added sticker star.

It's ok when nintendo does it

SPM was the absolute decline although it wasn't a bad game overall just not a good paper mario gam

Now now, Command was so bad it was entertaining how absurdly FANFICTION it got, it was bona-fide "13-year old lolcow"-tier at times, definitely worth a pirate from that alone.

SS lacked even that by comparison. only worthwhile thing from that was this.

I think there is a bit of fun to be had in that.

Who the fuck here is defending it? You sound like some reddit migrant trying desperately to fit in by using the dialect without understanding it.

I'm clearly from Japan

Jap version is just as memey

Be careful what you ask for. If it's anything like Awakening.

You don't want this.

Hope the translation turns out well. The OG one got a google translate tier translation.

Back to your containment thread.
Oh, wait, the "learning japanese" containment thread is gone. In that case, make one.

How bad can it be? No matter how underperforming a new Advance Wars is, it can't undo the brilliance that was the existing games. What if everything else is so stale that even a corruption of a great game is better than that?

What philosophy? They've been trying to emulate other AAA companies then gen, and for the worst.

PC and handhelds mainly. I play fighters (modern and old), dungeon crawlers, RPGs, VNs, and maybe some action games. The Vita and PC are my main platforms with the 3DS and PS3/4 being there for a few titles. Then again, I don't know why it matters what I play when pointing out on what Nintendo is doing wrong.

No. Wait until they dumb down the mechanics and suddenly the community changes and the old games are considered archaic shit because they actually challenge you. Then they only make games for that community. It wouldn't even be AW at that point.

M&L Paper Jam is pretty much average. Compared to Sticker Star it is a better "Paper Mario" game but not by much. The boss fights are pretty good and entertaining but overall it just feels average. The world itself is nothing special and the game feels short. If you need something to play I would say pick it up but it is not a strong recommendation.

Every nintendo fansite there is tons of people that defend those games. 30 seconds on gonintendo and you can find people defending them. Ranging from everything to "It's not as good as the other games but it's not a bad game" to "The game is great guys, haters are just good hate". You have to be actively ignoring posts to claim there isn't fans that defend that tripe.

I thought that was implied by the suicidal image I included with that post

Generic mario game with the M&L battle system shoehorned in, oh, and anyone who isn't starlow, bowser, the koopalings and peach are pretty much toads.

Reading comprehension. I read it as "There will never be". My mistake.

It's actually shit.

Nope.
I haven't played all of framblem yet, but apparantly the gba modding community has been working it's ass off. There's a few that I'm itching to play when I finish the radiance games

I know m2k was autistic, but how in the name of fuck did he stomach living with this fruity walking turd

Color Splash is doing badly? Hasn't it only been officially out for like a day & 1/2, are there even any numbers yet? I mean, it getting leaked 2 weeks in advance probably didn't help sales but I'd be surprised if any game that has "Mario" in the title just completely bombs. Anyway…

And how would you "save" them? Casualization is actually what saved Fire Emblem, they're never going to stray from that Awakening formula now that they're living the good life and no amount of loud, angry autists is going to change that. nuPM sees far more pushback from far more fans, so I could see them eventually folding and making TTYD 2 after maybe one more Sticker Star-style abomination if Color Splash actually does bomb.

Probably because he was too busy playing Melee.

If it happens, that will be Nintendo's wake-up call to get their shit together after all these years.

m2k is funny and charming, and actually GOOD at smash. sky williams is literally a faggot nigger, he's annoying and a little bitch.

Hah, I didn't even know that happened. I'm still not even pirating this shit game.