"How about adapting the one from the book covers?"
"Eh, just take the dummy from Dead Silence and clean it up a bit"
"On it"

-Sony execs in 2013

bruh, they couldn't even use the goosebumps theme for the movie

god, it sucked balls.

Goosebumps was a good movie

I would punch you if I could, even if you're meme-ing

You're right. It wasn't good, it was kino.

Goosebumps was a decent kids' movie, even if it was 20 years too late.

90s nostalgia, man

You just earned a gut punch

yeah, I remember all the CGI and shitskins in the goosebumps show.

very nostalgic.

There were numerous nonwhite kids in the tv series. The problems with this recent flick are terrible art direction, incredibly bland writing devoid of the cheese/camp that the original books and show had, and the marketing of "90's nonstalgia" without actually including any of those elements.

It was Goosebumps in name only. Hopefully the planned Fear Street series remains in development hell for eternity.

i only read several of the books when i was a kid and as far as i remember no one (as in the main characters) ever died. how did this horror franchise become so big if the ghouls 'n ghosts never killed anyone important?

lol goosebumps had lots of implied deaths
and one book literally had little girl who burned to death as the main character

yeah i seem to recall one or two endings where it's the type of cliffhanger with the MC feeling relieved that everything is over with the monster of the book suddenly coming back out of nowhere, but no explicit deaths.

what title? that sounds interesting

the ghost next door

you're right, I think. (in the initial goosebumps series) deaths happened prior to the story or off-screen

there were blacks and asians and jews

you know what everything was, there was no mongrels or mystery meat

Hannah? The movie version of her is a qt3.14 with just the right amount of boobage.
Fuck

You race mixed in your heart. It's the oven for you lad.

Fuck every kind of doll ever. These fucking things need to die.

It got some things right. The incompetent ignorant adults, the sidekick friend. Dunno about the Jack Black casting. Should have been scarier. I know they're kids books, but this was more like Jumanji. They should have probably amped up the cheese, put in some actual tension and just focused on one monster. This was more like a PG version of the breakout scene from Cabin in the Woods.

Old Slappy looked like a shitty Archie doll

Fuck yeah

Khazar Milkers gib me milkies

The movie doesn't take place in the 90's.
The acting was fine
True, it wasn't scary enough and the CGI sucked.
It was still a fun kids movie.

If Hollywood is deadset on universe franchises, they missed the boat here. They could have churned a shit ton of Goosebumps movies, once a year at least, around Halloween.

Disgusting.
This was Hannah from the Goosebumps TV show.

That's another thing, Goosebumps starred kids, not generic teen sluts

She's a qt, user.

nah