Reminder that NWN3 will never happen thanks to shitty publishers and MMOs

Reminder that NWN3 will never happen thanks to shitty publishers and MMOs.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/PmDpG/new
social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html
nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Windows
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/why_is_my_characters_skin_silver
radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/videos_and_cutscenes
mirror.aleturo.com/Games/NWN/
social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-General-Discussion-Forum-No-Spoilers-Allowed/UNOFFICIAL-links-to-redownload-previously-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html
neverwinternights.info/index.htm
neverwinternights.info/p170.htm
neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm
please
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Bloody roar 5 will never happen thanks to Konami and tourney fags.

Nothing to grieve about.

NWN3 happened, it's called Dragon Age: Origins

You did get NWN3, it was just modified slightly and renamed into Dragon Age Origins.

Spooky

You may as well compare apples to oranges

Oranges are objectively tastier and more healthy.
What a stupid thing to say.

I would compare but I can't find Dragon Age Origin alpha screenshots Bioware showed to nwn1/2 players to try to keep them around. In those initial shots, the game looked closer to NWN2 than what the final product looked like.

Mangoes > Oranges > Apples

Sounds like fan theory/urban legend bullshit. Into the trash it goes.

imgur.com/gallery/PmDpG/new

Here, Dragon Age back in 2004.

Well, shit.

It's scary how strange it is to look at this. You look at the game and you can tell that it's an incredibly unpolished Dragon Age based on the architecture and the background, and yet the actual character models look so different that they could only come from a D&D based setting.

Why do you want it to happen?

Both Neverwinter Nights games were designed to be modular and in such a way that you could design better content than the core vanilla campaign and play it instead.

In the DLC heavy market we live in today that sort of thing looks like doom to publishers. If NWN3 happened it'd just be a Dragon Age clone

And to NWN players back in 2004, this looked like a more polished and graphically intense game that would put NWN2 to shame. And the lot of us were waiting for some mention of multiplayer that never came.

Remider that NWN was always shit and nobody with taste cares about it

NWN2 had a great story that puts DA:O and whatever other bullshit companies have spewed forth in the "RPG" genre since to utter shame.

You're so wrong it isn't even funny.

Look at the way she's holding that staff, look at the stance that male is making

Those are the exact same isle positions as PC's make in NWN1.

The guy with the swords is even holding his stuff in the same way.

NWN was so vastly ahead of its time every time I mention it to someone they become impressed that they've never played it

The game was designed in such a way that you could completely avoid the vanilla content and just play the vastly superior fan content. They created a toolset for the game and made it piss easy to use. It was so easy to use that it was taught in schools for generic "game design" courses. And a huge amount of mod authors turned out to be women.

You could make entire new campaigns or just simple one offs. Your character would import between these campaigns. Essentially having a never ending game.

Almost no other game has this design philosophy. Even heavily modded games like Skyrim still force you to play the vanilla campaign, you just add mods ontop of it

NWN1 would have been even better if they finished Darkness over daggerford, that shit was the tits.

Also, Time to post my pasties.

Fuck it, I'm bored off my ass and wan't to talk about this game.

Installing the game

First, you actually want to get NWN, so go torrent NWN Diamond edition from Piratebay or something, this is generally the one you want, you don't want to piss about wuth DLing NWN stanalone then the expansions.

Win7 user will have trouble with installastion, so you need to follow this guide in order to ensure you don't mess up:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html

nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Windows

You may also suffer from issues involving non playing cutscenes in the start of campaign chapers when playing or chrome/silver skin at character creation.

The chrome skin issue is usually fixed by simply installing the critical rebuild 1.69 patch found here:

gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/why_is_my_characters_skin_silver

The non playing cutscene issue is caused by a number of different problems, but the first thing you must do is install Bink, found here:

radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm (First DL link)

Here are some sites which can usually help you fix this issue.

gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/videos_and_cutscenes

Using this is how I fixed my Non playing cutscens issue in NWN, however, so it's probably this one.

mirror.aleturo.com/Games/NWN/

Additionally, disable the shiny water option sound ingame, it's a shit, causes savegame bloat and crashes.

Now that you've pretty much installed NWN Diamond edition patched it and made sure you've got no issues, It's time to install the Premium modules, which you can find here:

social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-General-Discussion-Forum-No-Spoilers-Allowed/UNOFFICIAL-links-to-redownload-previously-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html

Download and intstall all of these.

So now, you've pretty much got all of the Vanilla content. Save for Darkness over Daggerford, which was cancelled.

You might also want a fan made module on what happens between Shadows of Unrentide and Hordes of the Underdark, plenty of those on the neverwinter vault.

Community patches/gameplay improvements

Here I will list mods that are to NWN what the Unofficial Oblivion patch is to Oblivion, you'll want to download these for sure.

neverwinternights.info/index.htm

Community Patch

neverwinternights.info/p170.htm

A community patch for all those nasty bugs 1.69 didn't fix.

Also will merge data in you .2da folders togther rather tha overrite if you place them in a folder and run a batch file, so it works with just about anything, includign any installations of the PRC or other modifications you may have installed.

Lastly, there's the PRC, which is a mod that injects a buttload of D&D 3.5 classes and a shitload of other stuff for choice at character creation, amongst other things, such as sub-races that if you name at the begining of character creation, will be seen as their own race.

Before installing the PRC (And most mods anyway) you want this:

neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm

NWNCX extends what NWN can actually do, and is needed to select the PRC base classes at character creation.

Lastly you want something called Leto 1.69 PRC edition I think, for editing PRC characters and stuff.

Honestly, this is taken from an old guide I wrote on the subject as much has changed on the modding scene since then, as we now have a working mod manager that works in the same fashion as the Mod organiser for bethesda games, which is a godsend compared to drag'n drop Override files to NWN1.

There'd be more links to mods here, but they were all to the old neverwinter vault, whcih shut down and changed to a new site, so they no longer work, and their search engine is piss, so it's hard to fidn the old stuff.

Anyhow, the basic stuff you want is the game fully patched with cutscenes working then the community patch, the PRC being optional if you want it, as you have things like the CEP needed for Custom created modules to play, or persistant servers and whatever.

One more thing, most moduels want these massive fuckass collections of assets, one called the CEP, and the other Project q.

Get both, and also get the CEP 2.1 (An older version) as some modules use it, such as a Hunt through the dark, a popular series of Drow modules.

Oh right, and put the game's .exe's in compatiblity. for windows XP and run as Admin, that's one of the most important things.

There's also a Mod manager for installing mods now, which you can find on the nexus, it's a bit buggy now, but the author is open to bug report submissions.
It's a lot better than the manual method, anyhow.

Wasn't it finished? Afaik it was only cancelled because Bioware shut down the storefront for custom modules and they just released it for free

Reminder that Rick Dangerous 3 will never happen.

why even live?

Nah, still had more areas to put on the map, more playable NPCs and the like, the .mod was supposed to be basically "We built a Baldurs gate tier game on the engine" Which is what they should have done to begin with.

It's still playable though.

I can confirm this.
Even my retarded sister can make (awful, terrible, stupid) levels in NWN.

I'm surprised, I thought it was really good and didn't know it was unfinished

No I don't think I am. Neverwinter is a D&D based setting you actual retard.

ADWR is one of those.

Never said it wasn't.
Fuck the currently running game though, that thing is ass and no one pays attention to the lore in it because of it being a back and slash.

Only good things to come out of it was the Lich phylactery Quest and 420Drizzt getting his ass kicked.

Dances with Rogues was made by a lolcow-tier modder. I remember there was drama over how she would change shit in newer versions of the mod for no reason that pissed off players. And how she tried taking down older versions of it. It was to the point where if you played the mod when it first released it was a completely different experience to how it is now.

Why do you guys have a boner for sequels?
Is your perfect gaming future just endless sequels? How many platforms does mario need to jump on before YOURE FUCKING SATISFIED
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I want new games

Huh, never new that.
But I'm not surprised, the game has you be the cumbucket of everyone on a regular basis and it's praised as the top module.

In terms of challenge I'd go with A dance through the Dark or hunt through the dark series, shit was hard solo stuff to do, and the modules got progressively better till the last one, which was a much more polished thing too.

From Tvtropes

"Orwellian Retcon: Updates added to the module change some points of the plot (usually small). Only the latest version can be downloaded on the official NW Vault pages.
Minor examples: In the latest version, Alen Kley appears during the "Tony the Tiger" sidequest. Also, when he first appears in the module, Anden Goodmanner is met tied to a pole in a bandit camp (outside); in later versions, the bandit camp is replaced by an abandoned castle occupied by bandits.
Major example: The whole plot of the Ravenstower part of the game is very different in the last version from what it was in the previous. It expands greatly the role of the Ravenstower family. Previously, the only character met was the Baron. It also removes the friendly white dragon and the quest to find a way to free him from his cave, among another changes."

this tbh fam.

We have Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale. If we're so intent on Forgotten Realms, why not Cormyr? Thay? Fucking anywhere else. Or better yet, a game series for Dark Sun, Dragonlance. And that's just D&D. Fucking adapt 4E, it's more like a video game anyways.

Good.

That's the true crime.

It's NWN, it's a series with some of the most easy to use module creation tools. What's bad about an update of that?

I acutally enjoyed nwn1 oc, I just had to rp really hard

Even Skyrim can be fun if you RP hard enough.

thanks ! saved

Does anyone have a list of good NWN1 modules?

That's a load of bullshit and you know it.
The Elder Scrolls games are ten times more popular than they would otherwise be if they weren't fairly easy to mod.
An absurd amount of people have flocked to shit like Garry's Mod and Minecraft because of user-created content, and then even more people flocked to them because of there was already an absurd amount of people to play with.
For some reason, you and others like you assume that a big sandbox to play in and make your own stuff for won't make publishers and developers money. I can even see the logic behind it, too, after all, why would people pay extra in microtransactions to make their armor multicamo instead of digital camo when they could just mod it in? To answer that question, would you rather Michael spent $1.49 on a skin or three of his friends to buy the game for $29.99, and which of those two options is really going to increase the game's popularity, playerbase, and overall loyalty to the game?

For the most part, publishers are fucking morons who think in retardedly short-term profits.

we are a hive mind

On PC yes. However TES games shatter sales records on console. And did long before Bethesda attempted the whole "mods on consoles" thing. Mods for TES games is seen as really long term profit (like 3-4 years down the line the games keep making money) rather than short term. Since Skyrim only released it's toolset months after the game released. The same with Fallout 4.

Garry's mod is different since it was already a total conversion mod for Half-Life 2. Minecraft sold better on consoles and mobile devices than it did on PC.

please use archive.ism/2014/06/25/minecrafts-console-unit-sales-surpass-pc-and-mac-all-formats-equate-to-54-million-copies-sold/

1. I'm not assuming anything. I'm looking at it from the position of the executive in the company who makes these decisions. They're usually focused entirely on short term profit. And it's been this way for a while. It's why devs push preorders so hard.

How much a game makes months after it's release means very little. How much it made in the first month-2 months is almost everything. It makes its most money during that period and steadily drops off.

Modding will get more people to buy the game but usually only during sales.

DLC however gets people to return to playing the game and buying additional content if they've already bought the game. It means not only will new people buy the game but old players will continue to spend money on it.

2. It's a question of cost. How much did 1 thing cost versus another. That skin took a developer an hour to make, and a certain amount of players bought it. Versus a modding SDK in today's climate usually takes months to make and it's usually a risk if players will actually use it. It's also seen as something that can cut into the profits of DLC/Micro transactions. Again, short term profit.

Bare in mind developers dont' create their own engines anymore. They license them off and have to pay for the source code rights. Additionally they usually license all of their technology from third parties and aren't allowed to distribute it. It's why when Morrowind released, its SDK was on the cd. Wheras when Skyrim released its sdk released months later. Because they had to then redesign parts of the toolset so they wouldn't get sued over distributing code they don't own.

These executives that work at these companies have their jobs on the line usually if a game sells like shit. Additionally they usually don't care about long term profit because they're probably going to leave and work at a different company after the game launches anyway.

The main reason Bethesda makes modding sdks is because their engines are already designed to be easy to drop shit in and out. And there's a cult around their games that expects it to happen and it would be a P/R disaster if it didn't. But there's a big difference in Bethesda's approach to modding and Neverwinter Nights's approach to modding.

Neverwinter Nights used modding as a selling point, as in it was featured on the box. And they experimented with selling mods long before Bethesda ever attempted it, and did it in a way more consumer friendly way. They more reasonably cut developers in on profits and curated their store on their site. So only the best mods would get sold.

Additionally Neverwinter Nights was designed to be modular so you didn't even need to play the original singleplayer campaign. You could instead play fanmade modules instead and ignore it entirely. This wasn't the case with Bethesda games where you could only really add things into the existing world. And while you could replace the whole thing it was a much greater endeavour than with NWN. It's why the majority of mods for Bethesda games are reskins or house mods.

That's not even getting into how NWN1 was also a big multiplayer experience and part of the addition of mods and a toolset was to also make the multiplayer more enjoyable.

That right there is the entire reason for a divide over the quality of the game. I spent years, YEARS being disappointed in NWN because I was expecting another Baldur's Gate, and when I finally beat the vanilla campaign and closed the game, I felt as if I had been massively ripped off.

It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I just uninstalled the game and didn't go back to it until way later, once I realized fan content was a thing.

I dunno if it was ever advertised as another Baldur's Gate. It feels very distinctive compared to it largely because of its huge focus on fan content and its focus on multiplayer. It feels like the vanilla campaign was just created solely to indicate "this is what you can do with our toolset".

Since one other selling point of NWN was that it could essentially be the closest to a PC game actually playing like Dungeons and Dragons. Since in multiplayer, one player could be a dungeon master. And could spawn npcs, initiate triggers, take control of monsters, etc. It felt like a game that was marketed as "you can get rid of those rulebooks and just play this. And the DM can just spend a weekend making a new module in this game for his group to play". It felt so ahead of its time and I'm still constantly surprised this sort of game is rare nowadays.

Isn't the modding scene for DAO basically dead because the tools weren't easy to work with? NWN1 was famous for having a very accessible toolset, which is why people are still playing it and making content for it.

>In

No thanks.

Reminder that Star Trek Online and MMOs in general will forever be P2W from now on thanks to idiots allowing publishers and devs to get away with greedy bullshit since the beginning of the genre.

NWN Hotu was one of the best RPGs the amount of character classes and builds you could was insane.

My favourite build ended up being some kind of Sorcerer/Paladin/Rdd.

If you min/max properly you can make a jack of all trades and master of all trades was hilarious.

You don't mean BG1/TotSC, right?

There was a loading screen tip in BG2, something to the effect of "you will be able to import your character in NWN". Also on one of the install disks there was a short video featuring what must have been alpha footage of NWN with narrator saying something about "continuing your adventure in NWN".

It was also dead on arrival because people who liked NWN just weren't interested in Origins, you need modders to like and play your game for them to mod it. NWN 2's mod community suffered a bit due to modules getting more complex to make but there were still many more made than for DAO.

Watsup Anons, playing through nwn 2 SoZ right now. I love nwn 1 but the 2 man party feature was doing my fucking head in.

PLUS, nwn 2 includes a hell of a lot more classes and items. There's also quite a few mods for it that are still available which is very cool.

It brings me back to the old Icewind Dale games because you had to be very tactical and thoughtful about the composition of your party, but even more so in SoZ because any subtle differences between each character will change the way that they can respond in conversation. Also, you can frequently switch between speaking characters in the conversation/interaction in order to elicit the best response from your party (so building diplomacy for your party members is no longer a waste of time!).

Right now I have a swashbuckler/rogue, a Dwarf fighter turning dwarven defender, a cleric, and finally a sorceress - just to fill in the gaps for various prompts coming up in interaction. It sucks that the last two places *must be cohorts* but for me It's a fairly compatible setup, so I would definitely recommend going for it if you play the game!

It's also not as hardware demanding as you may think – if you can run nwn 1 modules chances are you'll be fine in nwn2 with reduced settings.

Ah NWN.

Mask of the betrayer was so fucking good. As a plotfag who plays games to enjoy story telling, world building and characters nothing beats Obsidian- as far as WRPGs are concerned anyway

Whenever I see someone perpetuating this false dichotomy I understand on the spot that they do not get computer role-playing gaming one bit

Short term is everything. Publishers often push their broken ass game out of the door just before the end of the financial year.

And very few games have long tails. You have to make the money back in the first few weeks of sales.

It's a convenient term. Shadows of Amn: WRPG Ar nosurge: JRPG.

Just drop the W. JRPG is its own genre that has nothing at all to do with Role-Playing. It's a misnomer, but what it names is generally well understood.

The split should be between Role Playing Games (regardless of where they are made) and JRPGs.

You know with Pillars of eternity they are basically Bioware now. They have gone downhill and aren't coming back.

I'd say Spiderweb and the guys that did Age of Decadence are much better and Larian are really good too.

You mean less right? there aren't any double swords? And they nerfed loads of things and removed some spells entirely. Time stop + maximised IGMS was the instant killer on Nwn1 then they limited the missiles and removed timestop also the way they got rid of the wings for RDD and the skeleton hand for PM seems really lazy also the unused content in OC was pretty annoying.

Anything that Sawyer touches turns to nerf and boredom.

NWN2 had Mask of the Betrayer. While good, that is its ONLY redeeming feature.

3.5 was shit. The engine was shit. It looked like shit.

Well… I really liked OC for NWN2.

What about Wasteland 2? Is it good?

You may as well compare apples to origins

Woah dude you better be careful, the fun police have decreed that you're not allowed to like Spiderweb Software games anymore.

That was inExile that made that but yes Wasteland 2 is good, a few shitty characters but whatever.

On launch it was garbage but Directors cut fixed it to what it should have been on release.

No, what'd he do?

I coudn't rightfully tell you, probably the remasters though.

I missed these a lot, but let's face it, they were basically a gimmick. The game didn't even give you any decent variants of these weapons later in the game anyway so weapon focusing them was a perfect waste of resources talking from experience here btw
Yea pretty nifty, but they weren't core to the games integrity ala magic missiles or something similar

Everything else you mention is fairly subjective to playstyle I'm afraid. If you're playing fighter chances are you wouldn't see any of that anyway, whereas 4/6 customisable party members and an overworld map is something nwn 1 never even touched on.

Also a lot of feats found their way into nwn 2 that weren't there in one which is also an interesting thing that you neglected to mention.

With the PRC pack the game includes around 100 prestige classes, and it doesn't have to be Clumsily inserted into each module like the nwn 1 PRC pack.

Beyond that, there are a lot more actual CLASSES in the Base game to begin with anyway, which allows for a lot more creative flexibility when creating new characters.

There's also selectable backgrounds, historic feats and actual subraces which CHANGE STATS and aren't just there for cosmetic reasons.

Remember to not let personal bias interfere with the facts please brotha ;)

I just wish I could fucking use a spiked chain. That's all I want. It doesn't exist in NWN1 or 2, or even in TOTEE(which is ridiculous).

All the new classes for NWN 2 were garbage or IMBA though and the way the game runs doesn't work in comparison to NWN 1 you can be walking somewhere on singleplayer for over 30 seconds then teleport back somewhere because you clipped on a rock.

Making a cool looking character is almost as important as the game mechanics which were better on NWN you get 10 more levels and extra attacks stop at lvl 20 so you have more freedom for character creation. You did get different stats for races on NWN as well instead of "You must pick Yuan Ti or Drow if you want your character to not suck". Also removing Dev crit made melee classes worthless, only viable melee class is a spell blade or HiPS abuser.

Don't be disingenuous no one played a fighter maybe splash for some extra perks or AB that is it. PvP was objectively inferior on Nwn 2.

My favourite build on NWN 2 was the classic Yuan Ti with this split Pal(4),Sor(6),EK(10),ASC(10).

Me too. SoZ and Mysteries of Westgate were also good stuff.

Yeah, both Bioware and Obsidian are full on SJW cucks now. Even if that wasn't the case both studios have also declined majorly, just look at Trany, Obsidian new game… It looks like it was being made by tumblr.

You have some interesting ideas on true effectiveness man, but that's okay.
Sometimes even the simplest of things work best man, nobody chews heads and takes names at early levels like a half Orc barbarian with 20 Str, reasonable Dex and constitution and to hell with everything else. Balanced stats will always get the harsh end of the stick because a jack of all trades is a master of none.

There are plenty of mods to improve cosmetics in nwn2, which is nice because the default faces are fairly ugly as fuck by comparison.

Damn son.. Yea I'm beginning to see why you went pureblood. Impressive at that level though. I'm guessing that's with MotB? IIRC that game went to level 30 as well, just as HotU went to 30 in the original (IIRC).

I know, but I was specifically talking about subraces, in the original game you just typed them in and had to kinda hope for the best that npcs would recognise it in game.

I'll admit that this was terrible, it would sometimes happen to me in nwn 1 that my character would become stuck and I would need to reload, in nwn 2 the same was also possible. I don't notice it as much with patches but I'm fairly sure they haven't gone far..

I didn't even know this was possible.. I went Dex focused with my barbarian/rogue back in nwn 1 and the only reason I was a viable front liner was because I had a tower shield, a bastard sword and a chain shirt, giving me around 22/23 Ac with just that. The cloak of elvenkind was virtually complete invisibility, and everything else was just trying to pick up the pace on the lack of strength and constitution for a combat rogue.

It's a lot easier to do in nwn 2 with the swashbuckler class, actually went 18 Int and 8 Str on that character to make full use of skills and to be able to use insightful strike on top of sneak attack as the rogue. She's also got a lot of Hp because I used the mind over matter feat at starting level.

Why does the world have to be such a terrible place

An editor is nice to have as a bonus, but a game should have professional content first. I don't want to pay money and then have to dig through random people's crap to find some good content someone has made in their spare time for free. Neverwinter Nights was advertised as a game, not a game engine.

Your point is fully correct and it is impressive, but people were expecting more from a commercial release than just a game engine with a campaign editor.

The official campaign was pretty fun in multiplayer, user.

Damn, if only the real character models looked as good.

Good.

Also, I'm kinda glad there's not proper Baldur's Gate 3 (although the new game the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition devs are making will be called like that).

The Black Hound did sound really nice though, arguably had a more interesting premise than any other Baldur's Gate game.

Dev crit = Devastating critical it is a Epic Feat, means you can instant kill on a crit if target fails a fort save. You didn't get it on NWN 2 so fighters were much weaker.

Also Paladin is a base class, you can't be prestige right off the bat unless you install mods for it. But then I could make a super imba build.

It wasn't clipping it was some weird latency feature inherent to the NWN2 engine that can rubberband you half way across a map, if you use movement keys it'd happen a lot. There are tons of threads about it if you search "Nwn2 rubberbanding"

If you want to see if your build is good test it on the mod "Testing hall" or "Battle of the Builds" I could beat all the builds with my char (even the clerics).

Who cares? As long as it's got great modding tools, DM interface, and chock full of good graphical assets, it's not like the default campaigns (aside from MoTB) are all that fondly remembered anyway.

I must admit I'm surprised at how little modding has been done on games like PoE & WL2, considering both how simple many of their most aggravating flaws are, and how much autism gets poured into the fundamentally unsalvagable dumpster fires that are Bethesda games.

TBH was only titled BG3 for legal reasons, because at the time Interplay didn't have a freestanding D&D license, but did still have a BG license. What's even more heartbreaking, is that it was very nearly resurrected as a free NWN2 module years later, but the lead dude doing it as a side-project at Obsidian gave up again, after a pretty large amount of additional work.

I recognize Dyn, Minsc, the monk and Edwin, who are the rest?

nwn 3 happened, its called star wars: knights of the old republic

I dropped here just to call you a fag.
Bloody Roar 5 is never happening because Bloody Roar 4 was a piece of shit, with new mechanics and game modes that were subpar at best and incredibly fucking retarded at worst, like the Beast Mode bar changes.
The only good Bloody Roars are Bloody Roar 3 and Bloody Roar Primal Fury.
Polite sage.

We wouldn't get modding tools because they don't want high-quality user-made content competing with DLC.

HotU was very good. I didn't like MotB.

Bloody Roar 2 was the best one.

Good. NWN2 was unplayable dogshit.

MMOs are dead, lad

that wont bring back your precious

I don't agree actually. The game was more so advertised as an adaptation of Dungeons and Dragons.

With D&D, players are expected to create their own game scenarios or play pre-made ones. It's something Neverwinter Nights embodied in gameplay and philosophy. The fact that no other game aside from NWN2 has also done this is a major disappointment.

Tabletop is like an MMO for people with Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Do they keep failing on purpose, or simply because they're too incompetent?

How do you make a sequel to perfection?

I have no reaction image for this idiocy

Not with Neeshka. She only lacked the tail to look good.

I'm fairly certain she has a tail in unmodded MotB+SoZ.

Pretty much every PC face looks fucking awful and many of the NPCs too. It's not just a question of graphic capabilities, it's just awful design.

Thank you.

Although on the topic, you could ever so slightly note Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption as something of a predecessor to NWN.

Baldur's gate Travel interface, random encounters, inclusion of skillset in dialouge options, the Lore skill having more of a use akin to how Archvists use their entire base class,

Post pics then.

My game is modded and you can't tell whether pics from google search are from modded games or not.

True, the Storyteller Mode, though I only played the demo. I can't think of any other games with something like this.