Retarded characters the game is trying to have you like

Retarded characters the game is trying to have you like.

Who the fuck even is that?

Way too many to count so I guess I'll just pick some at random.

Nearly every Battleborn character?

this

(I mean that "character", specifically glados as potato)

Yoshi?

I liked Miller and Mirai.

the protagonist, if not, every character on this game, did I win OP?

Yup, they really dropped the ball on the entire fucking franchise.

They were all funny as fuck.

this

Fuck you.

Where's that violinist retard from that shit game… Alto, was it?

I want to strangle her, we should have gotten Altina.

You mean every character besides Teagan in Uncommon Time.

She's an out of place character in a franchise about happy boobs and she's given way too much screentime (to the point she's almost the main character of Hebijo burst) to compensate for it. She absolutely qualifies whether you like her or not.

Fuck you, user

Raiden is an interesting case, at the time of MGS2 i hated him, but iv come to quite like him over the years.

A shame about Burch, but she does have the blood of the Chancellor in her.

I'm pretty sure the main purpose of raiden is to make you feel like an asshole for playing videogames.

HURR I REPRESENT THE WHIMS OF THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY VIDEO GAMES AREN'T I SO RANDOM MICHAEL WHY DID YOU FAKE YOUR DEATH AND TRY AND LEAD A BETTER LIFE WHEN YOU COULD HAVE BEEN GAY WITH ME IN CANADA AND ROB BANKS FOR A LIVING

HI I KNOW YOU THINK THIS IS AN OPEN WORLD EXPLORATION GAME BUT WHY DON'T I HELP YOU OUT BY MAKING YOU FOLLOW A LINEAR PROGRESSION ALSO QUIRKY AI CHARACTER AMIRITE

should I know which AAA and/or shooter shit game this character comes from?

You need a relax, buddy.

Trevor didn't hate Micheal for faking his death. He was just pissed that he did. He didn't hate Micheal until he found out he left Brad for dead and was in bed with the feds. He had every right to hate Micheal, he sold his friends out to start a family with millions he stole. You can't blame Micheal but you can't blame Trevor either

It doesn't help that his missions are almost entirely filler
It makes him come across as completely pointless

I have nothing but raw hatred for "quirky lol so random" characters, also characters who are "aware" of themselves being inside a video game. This post-modernist "lets break all the tropes" shit has been so overdone that it now defines the modern tropes and writing a character who is well reasoned and not some kind of 'subversion of typical stories' is actually the new edgy.

I liked Trevor whenever he was funny or killed off characters I hated. Everything else about him was complete shit and I didn't feel the least bit sorry for him.

Here's the Nada and Polo characters in a game done right

second pic is another guy I hate. Game tries to make you like him because "Jew in concentration camp who is smarter than the Nazis" but basically boils down to "conveniently knows way to much about ancient Jewish technology"

these guys, but not when they were the protagonists. After Lilith becomes a heroin addict and Mordecai a drunk, and Roland dies because PLOT

And we know who to blame for that.

also tfw the whole intrigue and mystery of the Tenno is ruined by them being autistic kids who were too difficult for the Orokin tard-wranglers to handle

I don't care if they are technically the protagonists, the Warframes came first and are what you see most of the game

Didn't give a shit about her from the start and was trying to get rid of her the whole "game"

Wow such divergent story telling really breaking new grounds Telltale. Didn't she also go on to be the protagonist in the next season?

But you deliberately seek him out. Because he knows way too much about ancient jewish magic/tech/whatever.

yes she's the playable character for all of walking dead 2

This corrupt, condescending and hypocritical bitch.

Liking tits doesn't mean you have to dislike flat girls. If anything SK needs more girls like Mirai, because the rest of them look way too similar. If everyone has roughly the same size tits, what's the point? The point of SK isn't tits, it's sexy girls.

If anything is wrong with Mirai, it's that she's complaining about being flat nonstop. Not only does it get annoying, lolis are better when they're confident about their flatness anyway. SK could use a few small/medium tits to complement the huge ones.

I like Raiden. He's a fun character who just doesn't want to deal with retarded MGS bullshit

She's hot i'll give her that but i feel like she's just as grimdark as The Joker.

Did you finish the game ?

She's one of the best Antagonists in the series though

Trevor is a good character for the first time you play him then he just fucking sucks for the rest of the game. I feel like whoever wrote him got fired half-way through.

I was going to say that, except for basically everyone in Borderlands 2.
Everyone was so punchable in there. Most characters in B1 were ruined, Marcus became a jew instead of an entrepreneur, Zed was less grumpy for some reason, Moxxi became the giga-whore that basically fucked everyone from Jack to Mordecai instead of "just" having 3 exes and 2 kids (and keeps making sex jokes), I don't talk about the Claptrap, the new characters were either LOL SO RANDOM XD and the whole game was filled with memes, I thought I was playing 9gag, the game.
I liked B1 and Burch ruined it.

Sam and the Rookie died for this

You mean when he kills the infinitely better former protagonist of The Lost and the Damned from GTA IV?

This vile fucking cunt

BUT WAIT

FUCK YOU, the only good vampire is a dead vampire.
Holy shit nigger I am STILL SO MAD fuck you Bethesda.
Thank God I pirated this shitty game

I hated this bitch mostly because she has a goddamn Elder Scroll, but oh, only she can read it and won't let you have it unless you help her.
also

I wish GF would stop fucking giving all these exclusive gimmicks to this useless yellow piece of shit

Let's also not forget the part about selling a nuke to the Chinese, which I hoped would make the game way more interesting like when CJ went up against the men in black but instead you just have him drop it back into the bottom of the ocean.

This bitch is as dull as sand and yet I'm supposed to date her, even though it's obvious she's shady as fuck, I didn't even have sex with her during my last play through.

Now I want to play this shit again.

Fuck this faggot he made me die at the final boss so much.

Asahi is the worst of them by a lot, felt good siding with Dagda.

why does that one have a shotgun

The game gives you options to at least not get too involved with him.
This colossal idiot on the other hand

This cunt, threatening to destroy the world with her delusions; disaster only averted because the player character happens to have an important item in his bag

you picked of all things the least retarded girl in the (3ds portion of the) series?
Did you forget about about Hibari or that bitch that just cant shut up about her fucking beansprouts

read

This

Retcon the shit out of that nonsense and return to divine energy then i might play again.

Dad is a genuinely likeable character.

At least you have the option to kill him at the end.

That's pretty much the only likeable story character in Fallout 3. He sounds convincingly fatherly.

Those were all replaced with more generic and dull AI. On other hand the new story characters are absolute cancer. While that old Protectorate lady on hover wheelchair is kinda decent, nobody else gets proper characterisation and all of them are beyond useless.

Inferior to Solid Snake in every possible way.

DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT DAY IT IS TODAY JACK?

Who is she and why is she a cunt

She's the voice actress for about 50% of the female voices you've ever heard in video games/cartoons.

She was based on Kojima's wife who would keep asking him when they would get married back then.

OH BABY
Every final fantasy character after 6.
Absolutely detestable character designs and personalities are now a tradition. It's like they hated that I was playing their games and wanted me OUT.

Best female English voiceactress.

kind of how pig-like and bald based their p.a. characters on themselves huh

Just checked the list of things she worked on, I barely played/watched any of the things she worked on

She's still a horrible character regardless of her affiliation and who's blood is where

That DLC was hot garbage.

Shit still pisses me off.

The wounds are still deep to this day.

I love how Roland dies with the 4 strongest mercenaries right next to him and the guy who shot him gets away

The only character returning character i liked was Scooter

I still dont understand how anyone liked this abortion of a character

Oh fuck, don't remind me about Burch's horribly written, ebonics spouting Radical Edward ripoff

It's much worse than that. Anybody have the post that explains how nearly every plot hole in the game could be fixed with a simple rewrite on how it would have been impossible for the mercenaries to be revived through the Hyperion network, or Jack for that matter?

Borderlands 2's writing is horrible compared to the first game.
I couldn't even bring myself to finish the game because of the terrible writing.

Borderland's saving grace is that it has almost no story in it at all. Then they decide to write one for 2 and they completely shit the bed

She's Queen of the Fairies, why wouldn't she have a shotgun?

Is hating Raiden a meme or something? Literally everyone I've asked about him said "well he was shit in 2 but he was awesome in literally everything else" which just leads me to believe people hated him originally because they wanted a new game specifically featuring Snake.

Yes, that was the intent of the character.

The biggest problem i have with borderlands 2 is that when replaying the game with another character i have to sit and listen to the fucking characters talk before i can walk trough most doors

I would replay the game if there was a mode with all of the dialog removed from the game and you just run around and shoot dudes and get loot

I wish it wasn't one of the shittiest grindfests of the last decade

I am wacky hero man, you love me
I almost get more screen time in the story mode than any classic SF character
I get stabbed through the gut by Fang's deadly acid hand, through which through the whole story is established as a death sentence and survive anyways because fuck you

So basically if you played the game specifically for snake you were supposed to be upset like the gigantic faggot you are and if not it was enjoyable? I liked Raiden but I feel like recycling characters so a series only has one protagonist of mention is boring as shit.

(Checked)

You're not wrong, and it's not even just the returning characters, all the new ones are unlikable too (Hammerlock was close to being good but burch just had to make him gay, Scooter's sister was Fat Empowerment: the character, Tiny Tina was almost good as well Who could say no to an explosion obsessed lolli? but had to speak in nig despite there literally being no niggers Roland is a black military man and there's no indication that rap has made it to pandora). And yes they did fuck up claptrap by turning them into just one character that was made super annoying just because he was the mission notifier.

Also I still liked Mordecai even if I didn't share his affinity for his bird. And Roland dying is just stupid on so many levels.

Also the Prequel's first part is fucking horrendous (literally the first character you meet once you reach the moon is a lesbian and you know about that after about a minute of meeting her. Also Torge shouting about the Freindzone). It became very noticeable that Burch got fired from the project after you do the mission to spy on the mayor and the game picks up (Not much but way better then the path it was heading down).

I don't have it but the gist was Jack took them out of the NewU station DNA databanks (which makes sense) and that Jack didn't get revived because his DNA was changed when he joined with the warrior (Though why the NewU didn't recognize Jack as dying when his DNA changed or something I think was explained as Angel took his DNA out of the databanks and he never checked up on that)

These people know what shit characters are.
Also, pic related.

I liked Tidus and some of his supporting characters. He wasn't a born loser like the other games.

That's what you get for buying a game pandering to mudshits. That was the whole point of the swarthy additions.

Also to add on to Roland dying, shouldn't he have had a good shield and health but he gets one shoted by a fucking pistol (Which isn't a masher because those got taken out for some reason) by Jack? Who even stands there and gloats and captures lillith, nobody does a think like they're were union and it was the mandated lunchtime.

Nice crispy memes, friendo.

Thank you.

I was going to mention the whole pistol thing as well but by that point I stopped caring.

To be fair they seemed to realize nobody liked new shaundi in 4 with "fun shaundi"
Miller was completely unlikable in 5
What's wrong with flat cat?
I like Cia does that count?

All you needed was crippling depression

But I did, and she was retarded.

Fucking why?

Hell, most of the kombat Kids are just insufferable. At least Takeda keeps his mouth shut most of the time, even if he sounds like a deviant art oc (Son of psychic swordsman Kenshi and trained by Scorpion).

Cia is top tier, it's fucking Lana that no one likes.

shit, should have read the thread first.

>his real deep dark secret is that he's a massive asshole

God damn… Look, I want to like new characters, but I have ample reason to HATE these characters.

Ferra/Torr and Kotal Kahn are fucking great though

Why the fuck would they put the faggot in the game?

jesus fuck was he fucking useless.

Hey Vito, how about doing some crime that will inevitably lead to bad consequences for you? Did I mention how big my dick is?

She can't read it, you dong. One of the main quest points, regardless of who you side with, is to acquire a Moth Priest who can. If you're going to bitch about something, try complaining about something that's actually true.

The writing for her felt like it took a jarring shift after Act 1. Initially, see seemed hilariously blunt and had no problems saying whatever was on her mind. I tended to end up laughing whenever she was interacting with other characters.

After that, she just became autistic. And whoever did the art for her path made her face look like an androgynous blob. She looks distinctly feminine in the artwork done by the Emi artist

I liked Alicia though.

I actually didn't mind this too much. The one problem I would agree with is that you're forced to stick with her, when Morrowind-age Bethesda would have just let you off her. Mary Sue and deus ex machina are both inaccurate, though. Her role was to act as a companion character, which was actually a good idea. The problem was that she was mandatory companion character. More than that, your vanilla companions should all have been designed in the same way to begin with, instead of being generic characters with generic voice actors.

If you want something to be mad about in Dawnguard, it's the very first questline where, after you bring her back to Castle Edgelord, you're not allowed to just immediately purge everything in the room. Again, in Morrowind-age Bethesda, you could levitated your happy little ass over the castle walls and rained fiery destruction upon them all.

This bald cunt also counts.

you drive like my fucking grandma you know that

I believe there were some arguments when writing her and she ended up with a half done story by at least two different writers.

She was my favorite character until I actually did her route.

Raiden was also a shit character in 2 though, they had to completely rework him later to have anyone like him.

GLADoS was much more likable (and interesting (and funny)) as a malfunctioning AI with a tenuous grasp on human psychology than as an implanted consciousness.

Pfft. They did everything in their power to make you hate this fucker.

I didn't even know subhumans like you existed.

I can see why you'd say that, but her theme is fucking great.

No, the point of SK was specifically "Tits in stereoscopic, glasses-free 3D"

yes, its stupid. Like that time in SK2 when she fought Yagyuu because she thought the latter telling her she "has grown" was making fun of her chest not having grown. That one i found to be surprisingly irritating.

I wish I knew what this meant, but I never will because Microsoft will never release the entire franchise on pc. Even if they did it'd be tied to the windows store abortion.

I know some of you faggots love this blue cunt but I can't fucking stand her. Fuck her fragile flower voice and demeanor. Fuck her eyebrows.

The entire cast of both of these games.

Literally everyone.
Applies to almost everything in entertainment since 2014.

Shoutout to inFamous Second Son for being such an entity.

I disagree about the characters in ff8. They have an arc until the story gets too retarded and japanese, but until that point squal almost becomes a compelling character which is more that can be said for any other ff character.

The devs pretty clearly wanted you to hate him.

dubs confirm, cum on her cace

*face

I heard that the Tales from Borderlands were decent, isn't that true?

If you like telltale "games" I guess, I liked the wolf among us and the walking dead but I never bothered with the borderlands one or the game of thrones one.

You heard wrong.

I only saw the "See ya Space Cowboy" reference and some anons talking about it on Holla Forums, saying it was okay.

I don't mean, is it a good game. We all know it's a shit game But is it a good """interactive""" movie at least?

you really could have gone with

Literally "Golden Mean Fallacy: The Character"

Her personality is literally borderline annoying cunt / top waifu material, it cant be helped. I jsut want to spoil pure asari genes. Also yeah her eyebrows are fake

You mean every character in any game ever? No, that's not true, I remember liking one or two. I don't remember them though, just that there were one or two that I liked in all games I ever played.

Story in games… just stop it with that nonsense.

I liked her in mass effect 1, in 3 they changed her and made her act tough which was completely laughable. I never played any of the DLC so I guess I kind of missed some character development

In me2 (specially of you romanced her in 1) she tells you she was very sad after you died and she had to look after herself etc. But that's all outside the dlc, it's kind of forced and stupid but I dont know how you missed it

Not that I give a shit about Telltale anymore but people who bitch about games not having story branching are really lacking in common sense.

The only way that can can be done is by going the VN route and having most of the branches be non-canon, and then people would bitch that their choices only mattered if they made the right ones.

I cant really remember much from 2, I remember her being a bitch in 3 though

Cain is the only likable character.

ewe. Loved everyone on the team except her. Her voice is grating and most of her lines are just variations on "yuuuunieeee look at how cute ang girlish I am!" Even the gameplay hates her because you can have several strong physical attackers with use and steal before you even get to her, and she'll get ohkoed and do ~1 damage against fucking anything at that point.

Riku is OP if you're not a pleb, but she is the worst person on the team.

I hated that game and she should have been left in the trash

god damnit I meant that fucking bitch done fucked up this time

Not only Roland's death was stupid (and also since he was my main they literally killed my nigga). They fucking had to show how proud they were to kill him off with the BL2's fourth DLC and bomb loli PTSD.
I cannot fucking stand Burch for that shit, the game ruining cunt.

Also that mexican in MGR

user cumon

At least he grew some balls

Don't you ever get tired of being retarded

Not having story in a game isn't an excuse to make characters unlikable assholes

Actress is terrible, but I'll be damned if I don't massacre the entire Ultra-Luxe just to get her a big pile of fancy dresses.

Same reason they got Jessica Chobot in the game. Also, that guy was voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. Also, was there any reason why Edi had to be a sex droid for the 3rd game? Just seems to be only so that it isn't creepy if Joker fucks the ship.

Don't you ever get tired of being a faggot?

You belong in the ditch

I like her visually but I fucking hate her writing. I don't know who told people that endless pun-vomiting was funny but every once in a while some cartoon or cartoony video game just beats the shit out of a dead horse.

It's one thing to have puns here and there, it's anyather to meowk purrns that donhairballn't even make sensenip and makes me wanna claw my eyes out. Did I mention I'm a cat? Because I'm a cat. Lucie in Battlerite is almost as bad with the alchemy puns.

I agree with Ms. Fortunes design being decent and the writing being godawful. Doesn't help that robo-fortune is the same shit, only instead of cat puns, we get memes instead. Why do indie games always have to have meme characters or references to memes anyway?

This useless bitch.
Literally only good for getting kidnapped and/or getting accused of murder in every fucking game she appears in.

Not having a story means not having "characters" which would be perfectly fine. NPCs don't need to have names and "lore". Obviously not talking about storyfag shit like RPGs.

ÀAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reminder that Cao Cao did nothing wrong.

I think the worst part about N is that every Pokemon game that came after his debut in Black and White always tries to have a character similar to N, and all of them have failed fill N's shoes. (AZ, Zinnia, etc.) Sun/Moon will probably try to do the same thing with the women from the aether foundation.

Life's not fair man.

An Xbox360 goes for $50 near me. You should be able to get one for less than $75.
Halo 1 and 2 are on PC.
All of the other Halo games worth even reading the title of are on the 360 (except for 4).
Get playing, user.

This shit pissed me off to no end, they didn't need it but they did it anyway

I'll add onto this with most of the characters from Bioshock 2, most of them were annoying as shit and made it less fun to have to deal with them

Krieg was kinda cool because he didn't hold back and had some actually interesting story, how little it was
Too bad most of his lines are gore lol so randumb instead of actual discussion on how fun it is to take apart a breathing body
If they had made him a less childish sadist, and more like Drakengards Caim then he would have been perfect

best newcomer

Whats wrong with her face?

Starlow's worse.

Don't you dare use post ff7 bullshit. If not in original game than even the writers know they left shit characters ingame by adding in more afterwards.

Fuck off faggot

old women features and botched facelift

I see I triggered a Mayafag.
Your waifu is shit and your taste is shit.

You have been one for much more time, why don't you tell me?

It tends to be used as a substitute for actual comedy

Who even liked N as a character aside from fangirls that wanted to fuck him?

MUH CIRCLE OF MAGI MUDDADARILNG

343 needs to fucking die.

I disliked all the mages in Inquisition. Look at your choices: a faux French black chick, a flaming homo, and Elf Hitler. 2/10.

I'm not gay, I'm married to a lovely anime girl.

Marisa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shrineslut

nigga what is wrong with you ? he is qt

Alice is mai waifu

The only good mages in the game are the ones you never meet that ar ruling the Imperium

Why can't I play as a conquring mage and build up the Tevinter Empire myself? Or in another game down the line why can't I wage another holy war against the muslims Qunari?

In earlier dynasty warriors this was definitely like that, but DW8 treated Cao Cao way more fairly. Liu bei was still muh benevolence fag though.
Wu always a best anyway

Pretty much all of them

WE

Indeed, Marisa is way better than Sanae

Your waifu a shit

Speaking of, why in the everloving fuck does she have eyebrows in the first place? Her race appears to be hairless.

Add SMT:Final in there too.
A majority of the storyline is spent jerking off about how the cast of SMT4 is the best ever and the strongest.

Dorian is a whiny little bitch with dad issues. He should just suck it up and accept that coming out as gay is a terrible idea in a society where bloodlines absolutely matters. You make babies with a woman you don't want to have sex with out of duty then once that's done you keep a secret gay lover on the side. Bam done, better story arc for a gay character.

The Scoia'tel are pretty much Black Lives Matter.

The best way to write a gay character is to make them a DEAD gay character.

Gas the dykes, sex war now.

I want 4cucks to leave.
Yes, you.

They have very little in common, you fucking retard. Scoia'tel is basically a nationalist rebel group with a semi-clear goal of killing or exiling all the humies from elven lands.

BLM is a hashtag, that has so far represented pretty much anything from having BBQs with the local police station to full-blown chimp-outs with a some context to the vague idea that police and blacks have bad relationship and it should be with some undefined way.

I just beat this game's story. its was funny as shit the" retarded kids " are the ones that save the world.

their still " the retarded kids "

Yes, and a real shitty one. I've heard so much shit about him over the years and when I finally got to see him for myself, he wasn't even nearly as whiny and "emo" as everyone said he was. He has actual trauma and hides it very damn well.

She is a quarter crogan.