Is Unreal Tournament 4 the last hope of the FPS genre?

Is Unreal Tournament 4 the last hope of the FPS genre?
By that I mean an FPS that isn't shitty COD or MOBA shit.

I know there is also Mid Air but that is a kickstarter game and there is Quake Champions but they decided to make it an Overwatch clone.

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/unrealtournament/
boards.4chan.org/v/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

YES

UT4 will never be released and the alpha isn't much fun. It's not going to save FPS.

Sure looks like it. My laptops too shit to even run anything new anymore and I just play emulators and 90s/2000s fpses, it works for me I have to admit I enjoy it.

I had a fairly new computer for quite awhile and I was doing the same thing that I'm doing now. Fps is dead.

But it is.

It's pretty boring tbh. We don't know much about Quake Champions currently, but the gameplay footage looks nothing like Overwatch. Arena shooters are fucking gay anyway, it's the cancer of classic FPS. STALKER, Jedi Knight, Delta Force, ARMA, and Hidden and Dangerous 2 are the true FPS experience.

GO HOME GAMER GIRL

So does UT4 actually have a release date or is it going to stay in perpetual pre-alpha? I haven't paid much attention to it since its initial announcement and I certainly haven't heard much about it since then either.

I'm still skeptical about the fact it's supposed to be free as well.

It's difficult to even get enough people to play at off hours. Not many people must be finding it fun.

There's arms of telos, I play that regularly, it's pretty dead though.

Fine. ASSFAGGOT shooter.
Is that better ASSFAGGOT?

No, because that doesn't make sense either. How do you play Aeon of Strife as an FPS, user? You have played Aeon of Strife right?

If you were looking for the cancer killing Holla Forums you came to the right place, here it is.

It's looking more and more like vaporware, but who knows. We can still have hope, right?

Don't be so hard on yourself, user

Its pretty good, but its lacking a lot of the charm of the previous titles.

I'm beginning to see this alpha release as a negative. Releasing a more completed game would have attracted many more players

Also Toxikk is turning out great

But If I wasn't, what would the point be?
You can't achieve near perfection with any other attitude.

See Battleborn and Friday night combat

I can't get more than 5 people playing toxikk

Yeah those games do it but I'm sure wasn't talking about them.

Yeah, all arena shooters seem to be dead. I meant turning out great as in the gameplay is just UT2k4 with a coat of UE3 paint, which is what UT3 should have been.

The skills in Quake Champions are closer to a stripped version of TF2 than Overwatch, relying on player's skills rather than abstraction. Quake has no weapon loadout, unlike in Overwatch. There's a game mode without Champion abilities in Quake, the competitive mode, making it a traditional arena FPS you faggots want.

And yes, arena shooters suck ass. Go play splatoon if you want a kiddie bouncy shooty piece of shit. Good FPS games should involve good AI, careful planning, good weapon handling, and character twitching to indicate pain and damage. Furthermore, Quake 3 killed the franchise.

There, I've elaborated my opinion. Now your turn.

How in any way are they like TF2?
Where in TF2 do you have abilities on cool downs?
Not only are you stupid but you have shit taste.

You dumb shit. Overwatch has no weapon load outs and neither does Quake Chmpions.
Both have abilities on timers.

Are you retarded? Oh wait.

Does anyone have a download link for it? I wouldn't mind checking it out.

I think you've got the wrong website friendo. What you want to do is open up google chrome, type in the search bar www dot reddit dot com, that seems more up your speed.

aa8f8d is that you?

You literally just had to google Unreal Tournament
epicgames.com/unrealtournament/

Anyone want to get a game going?

you need to download the epic games launcher, it's easily found on the epic games website.

You think he gets paid overtime for that?

He probably gets an extra cup of coffee.

Even though the characters have different skills, it's still less RPG-ey than overwatch. Things such as rocket jump and headshot still take effort rather than skill cool downs.

Classes in overwatch have unique equipment you cunt.

I loathe MP FPS shitdip.

Well, I'm not the classic arena shooter fanboy here.

You being casual doesn't make Arena shooters bad user.

No, I'm aa8f8d. Are you de5040 AND ad29df3, samefagging kike?

No, but dude you need to fucking stop.

You're the only fucking poster in the other thread who even brought that up, and you're calling him a kike like you did.
Denying that you're someone doesn't make it any less true.

Because everybody else was retarded.

shit, I'm retarded too
added the word not in your post when there wasn't one

Hi aa8f8d.
How does it feel being the biggest faggot on Holla Forums today?

Hi de5040 AND ad29df3. Are you going to continue to samefag here too?

You have just called different anons de5040

*3 different anons

But everyone in this thread is de5040

Yeah that is really odd, I mean its kind of cute that one user same fagged. But lets not deny it
all the posts in this thread are me

And? One of them is probably him, if not all of them.

That explains why everybody is so stupid.

So you are also him as well?
That is pretty sad user.

How do we know this isn't some grand plan to make it seem like you have opposition, when you're actually just trying to reach the post record?

Why can't we have a thread about good FPS without Overwatch drones killing it?

What Overwatch drones?

MAN… you're so cute.

The one accusing everyone of being the same user and getting mad that people compare Overwatch to a moba.

Hey guys I know reading isn't your strong suit but I didn't mention Overwatch in this thread until just now. In fact there are only 12 mentions of it in this thread.

Now are you just going to shitpost like redditfags or are you going to leave?

Okay I'm just going to leave the thread now if you're going to make up shit.

I was not talking about overwatch though, i was talking about you user.
You are really cute.
I like cute things, want to be friends?

see

But if you want to leave the thread I would not mind.

you shouldn't have came here in the first place
faggot

I hope your booty is as fat as your head

Mine isn't I'm living a strange life user. I don't know what to do about it.

So anyone want to play UT4?
We could easily pick a server and play some death match or capture the Flag instead of reading shitposts.

If I could get the damn thing working.
Always get that weird message saying a file is missing or something, and it fails to launch.

No. The FPS genre died with Halo.

It should be obvious to anyone who isn't braindead the suggestion of good AI as an important characteristic implies competitive multiplayer is a lesser experience by nature.

Please tell me you're just pretending to be retarded.

The specific subgenre in question is CRAPCUNTS

Halo 5 is surprisingly really good, at least to me.

And now they are shitposting in tons of threads about their cancerous game, gee I certainly didnt see that coming

its a valid point when it means that you cant even get a match going.

It's not as guilty of strengthening the linear trend as (for instance) Half Life, and it's actually a fun game, but Jedi Knight (and other late Id sister-studio games like SoF, ST:EF, RtCW, Q4, Wolf2009) are absolutely guilty for the downfall of nonlinear FPS design (outside the lazy "open world" level non-design).

I long for a return of the properly nonlinear, handcrafted level designs of games like Marathon, Dark Forces, Duke Nukem, and Doom in singleplayer games.

Because the OPs who start these threads always seem to feel the need to bitch about Overwatch instead of focusing on the games they want to talk about.

Hopefully not because it sucks. Also guys stop shilling this shit game already, once it's finished and Reddits number 1 favorite game you will all start hating it anyway.

Containment literally never works

Hello chinks, please stop shilling your game here.

Multiplayer only games with bots "singleplayer" is pretty shit in itself. But the old ones were executed well enough to be an actual game.

UT4 is unfinished and is plainly a copy of UT99 with nothing new added to the mix. I doubt custom content is even a part of the mix. Literally no reason to get it, even if it's "free". Garbage is free also but you don't touch it.

these threads are worse and worse

UT4 is the death rattle of a style of FPS nobody wants to play anymore, oldfag self included. They were fun back in the day but games like overwatch are infinitely better.

I don't know, ask me when if the fucking thing comes out. So far it looks like it won't.

Let me put it this way: JK was a good game, JK would've been a great game if it had more intricate levels. Holding it up as an example of what was lost with Q3 & UT is misguided.

Arena shooters would be significantly less dead if all the people that mourned the genre actually bothered to play the fucking things.

I'm not a Steam kike, but for anyone who is, what's the population of the classic arena FPSs? Maybe most of us are hiding in the past?

Quake Live is currently the most popular arena shooter currently available, by a fairly significant margin. There were 21k unique players in the past 2 weeks. It fluctuates between around a maximum of 900-950 concurrent players during primetime and 200-250 concurrent players during off-hours. I don't really know the statistics for other arena shooters off the top of my head, but I know that reflex has difficulties breaking 50 concurrent players in a best-case scenario.

The good thing is that you don't need that many players to enjoy an arena shooter to the fullest, although it certainly helps with regards to diversity if someone wants to actually have a choice of more than one server to play on if they wanted to play, say, free-for-all deathmatch. The only thing that really irritates there is almost certainly a lot more people who would actively suck quake's dick and mourn the loss of the arena shooter genre than there are who are actually playing said arena shooters.

Have you tried playing UT99 or Xonotic anywhere in the last few years? Yes, about 10 years ago I was good enough to have fun playing with those guys, but I'm not a 20 year old with fuckton of time for practice anymore.

Yes. There's a handful of new and untrained players to play with, and majority of the time when someone just starts playing and loses they blame aim or lack of reflex when its actually not the case.

Video games are dead.

well, that sucks

Nobody was even talking about Overwatch in this thread until you came along

what a shame

Your move

Noice

THANK YOU MARK

The Alpha is fun as fuck, and its free with no gameplay content behind a paywall.
Join in faggots, if you liked the Battlefield Revive you will like this.

you can report them you know

Aside from the comparison in OP, 5th post trolled with the assertion that the nuQuake isn't CRAPCUNTS.

Holla Forums seems to be as fast as a rocket today, I've seen at least several quads in various threads.

well you could always start off the op with something that isnt bait

Those be quints matey

great job you autistic faggots
back to boards.4chan.org/v/ you all go

They have their own thread anyways.

All me.

Not Arena FPS but its looking pretty good aside from the shitty Storm Bolter shooting sound.

Also this comic has never been more relevant

You fags dont even hide it, its amazing
>>>/tumblr/

I like how the use of CRAPCUNTS suddenly is a "forced meme". Fuck off reddit

WEW

It was a forced meme since day 1, redditfag. Do you even know what it stands for?

Honestly I've never heard anyone refer to whatever you are referring to as crapcunts. It sounds like a forced meme to me. I'm guessing you're talking about overwatch, but I don't keep up with that shit.

This forced meme garbage started showing up like 2 weeks ago

Why not go back to the overwatch generals?

Are you triggered or something?
Go back to your containmment threads about your shitty CRAPCUNTS.
You can always hide this thread :^)

The fact that better shooters exist really hurt you don't they?

ASSFAGGOTS has lost its sting, because CRAPCUNTS players are delusional enough to believe dressing it up in FPS drag instead of RTS drag means they're not playing ASSFAGGOTS, and are immune from hatred thrown at ASSFAGGOTS. A name for this new CRAPCUNTS sub-sub-genre had to be coined to remind them of their shit taste, before they managed to vanish entirely up their own assholes.

How fucking new are you? The term "forced meme" has been around for years now. The whole joke behind "is Milhouse a meme now?" is based on forcing a meme into a culture. The whole "crapcunts" garbage fits this, especially since people use it wrong and the acronym doesn't make sense and it tries way too hard to emulate "assfaggots" as an acronym.

Nobody mentioned overwatch. Go D&C elsewhere.

How fucking retarded are you? I am talking about overwatch faggots referring to the use of CRAPCUNTS as a forced meme

So you're basically admitting you have no idea what either acronym means and you only spew it because you're a redditor who loves spewing memes, no matter how forced?

Except the retards getting mad someone called it a moba and the shitposters in and you samefagging and defending it and getting mad that people are insulting it.

Because the board Kike defends their casual ass they think they're welcome here for some reason

Every meme is forced newfag, how do you think they spread you dumb cunt?

You didnt even bother to read the thread did you?
>>>/cuckchan/

Except one can dislike Overwatch and understand that it's a forced meme. Like me.

Kill yourself

Is this you from last thread?

Remember, Mark said Blizzard was going to shill this place.