What is Space Station 13?

What is Space Station 13?

SS13 is a robust multiplayer point-and-click about surviving a shift in the uniform of a NanoTrasen station employee paid solely in donkpockets.

Where can I play?

CPStation is currently the primary Holla Forums server. You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience

possible. The BYOND client is presently Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE.

You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client Download - byond.com/download/

Server Info

Name: CPStation

Public Address: 149.56.29.240:1337

Chan only Address: 149.56.29.240:2337 (down for the forseeable future)

SERVER IS DEAD PLS HELP

email: [email protected]/* */

Wiki (Outdated)

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

puu.sh/rs4w9/e131c8b558.txt
github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/commits/master
archive.is/DyO4d
github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/issues/128
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
archive.is/dv8tr
pastebin.com/13c16dqp
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How long was the atmos tech banned for?

I'm gonna be honest, if his side of the story is true, it seems like an IC issue; paranoia-turned-violence is what SS13 is all about. It's one thing if somebody joins as the HOS and runs around playing at deathmatch. A player getting suspicious of another and it all tragically ending in death is what makes the game !!fun!!.

That ban was fucking bullshit and you know it

And no I'm not talking about the atmos tech

puu.sh/rs4w9/e131c8b558.txt
Rule 6
Keep bitching about it. Won't change anything, but it'll keep the thread going.

For all interested these are the new rules that will be pushed However I am mad lazy and forgot the password to the website so It someone wants to host this as a html somewhere and ahelp it to me I will work on getting them on the server tonight

Never mind, the atmos tech broke these rules that you are implementing.
Not a big fan of rule six, but I barely have any time to play anyway so I'm not gonna flip a tit.

Its meant to actually get people to play security rather than just powergaming as their role and trying to hunt down traitors while ignoring their actual job, and usually just killing random people for stupid shit or raiding the armory when theres active security.

Too many resources are being placed into coding or porting in anti-shitter precaution, and there's not a lot focused on fixing current bugs or adding content.

And I have to say that the death of this server will be due to pub players. Not all of them are bad, but as Sierra's steady jadedness rises against shitters alongside ban times, there's going to be a lot of normal Holla Forums players that feel marginalized, forgotten and banned for rules that were looser during Hatestation's reign. It's also worrying that we'll have drama increase as the server becomes more popular, and plays into the fame running into our host's head.

The majority of the commits since the server opened have been bug fixes though as the commit history clearly demonstrates. github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/commits/master

What anti shitter measures are you even talking about? Why are anti shitter measures bad?

What do you mean Hatestation had loose rules? They had some of the stricter rules but just didn't have the resources to ever enforce them which was one of the things that got people fed up with the server along with gitguds ranting and bad decisions towards the end. What are you actually on about?

Do what now? Take a look at the githubs commits, most of them are either fixing bugs or adding new features, none of which I'd call "anti-shittery"

3 days without spessmen is too long.

Where you the atmostech?

Going pub and advertising to Reddit was one of the worst things you can do, look at our own imageboard for christ's sake. However, this server is the best around because all the other servers are jack shit or dead.

No, I was the security officer who blew the shuttle as soon as it arrived. Never did any shitter-tier things like that before though.

And to add onto that, I was doing my job earlier in the round I was in, I helped track down and find the Geneticist who was killing everybody, he snackbar'd the R&D lab. On the shuttle, I was getting bored and for whatever reason I welderbombed it. Sierra, being the shitty admin he is, banned me for 3 days. I don't think the fucking 3 day ban is reasonable for a first-time offense.

FUCK I SHOULD BE WORKING BUT THIS IS AN ISSUE I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT

I can see the aim, but I think a rule like that (especially when so vague) sacrifices a lot of player freedom.
Firstly, it states that a player's main priority should be their job. If your server is full of people who have fun purely through doing their job - most of which are locked away in departments - it's already dead. ALL fun in SS13 is through player interaction. Having a whole rule which suggests that deviating from the same-old "do your job, get evacuated, rinse, repeat" is bannable? That's fucking lame. Like I said in my previous post, the deal with the atmos tech was an example of interesting player interaction. Nobody was griefing; two players just ended up at loggerheads, and it had exciting results. The best rounds are the ones were players are creative, and a rule like this stifles creativity.
I also really hate the ban on validhunting for the same reason. Maybe I wanna kidnap the traitor and use them as a monkey in virology? Throw them on a conveyer belt with no shoes and sprinkle it with broken glass? These are really uncreative examples compared with what some players could (and have) come up with. If for some reason I developed/roleplayed a vendetta with a traitor, hunted them down, exacted revenge, and then got bwoinked, that would be nothing but a knock on player-created narrative.
Overall, this rule is for a TTT server, not a SS13 one.

Make your rules less vague/misleading, then.

I can hand on heart say that I am not a shitter. Never had a single ban on any server.

It's a shame that SS13 servers are only ever as good as their players, or rules like this would never even be considered. I'm also pretty surprised that an Holla Forums server of all places has hugbox 'have fun when it's your turn' rules.

Welcome to the fun world of Holla Forums servers, at this rate, Sierra is going to be the next AlphaBlaster.

Nah there was nothing interesting about it from what I read. Strictly doing your job and nothing else is obviously not what the game is about but in the case of the atmos tech playing security there was clearly nothing interesting going on.

The guy was demanding that some fucker handed over their backpack while brandishing a fire axe. For all the person with the backpack knew they could have been some nigger trying to steal their shit, why on earth would they have handed it over and why on earth would them understandably not handing over their shit to someone who isn't security justify hunting them down?

Not very interesting or unique at all. Just Hippie tier niggering for the sake of muh valids. We all know how great Hippie gets when the entire crew is just validhunting. We also know how well it works from previous iterations of Holla Forums servers that have long since died.

As always when I started the server I stated the rules are vague at best and probably wont be upheld. However due to an increase in shitters and shitetr accessories rules have had to be put in place.
Most of the rules will unfortuantly be ignored by me as I am mostly after people who abuse shit
and peopole who metagam

How other admins interpret these rules is something I am planning on going over and maybe giving the admins a kind of spreadsheet as to what is ban worth and what isn't.

What I impore all admins to do is to step back and let rule 0 kick in.
If a captain is murderboning on a 5 man shift yeah sure help them out but if it is just one player when we are at 20 ish players. Just let Sec or the whole crew deal with it.

Admins are not just there to push buttons and ban people, subtle message someone from time to time or give them objectives to steal a persons shoes. Keep player on player interaction friendly and fun and the banter will flow.

Either way. Sierra is a shitmin anyways :^)

you deserve this

I suppose in the end it really is the case that a server is only as good as it players. Freedom always feels like the best choice to me, because that is what the best players thrive on, but there's a bit of a shortage of those.

I never said I thought you were a shitmin, I've stuck up for your actions in previous threads. I can imagine it's hard running a server. I just disagreed with one of your rules and tried to word it in a way that wasn't
to give some actual feedback on how a player would like the server to change.
Sleep easy, senpai.

he chopped my head off

Here's the reply to your epic post now lurk more

Long ago, I might be agreeing with you but after so long of adminning, with absolutely no structure and all "Handle it IC" pretty much all character interaction just becomes "If someone does as much as look at you funny, shoot first ask question later" and "Not being able to do your job because the greyshit wont stop trying break in to your department to steal your shit" and everyone treating their job as what sort of access they want to have and nothing more

THIS
This server NEEDS to become private again.
BYOND Pubbies are usually poor BRs and russians.

archive.is/DyO4d

You memey motherfuckers. I've been hearing rumors somebody got stabbed by a clown in a park near where I live today. The police showed up there. Then again, I've also been hearing rumors that somebody's committed suicide.

henk

I wasn't even banned.
I literally just saw a new thread and said that. You are fucking mad.

UNBAN ME SIERRA YOU FUCKING CUNT SHIT ADMIN KILL YOURSELF BITCH CUNT FAGGOT SHITHEAD ATTENTION WHORE CUNT YOU RUIN SS13 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No :^)

OH LOOK HOW FUCKING SMUG YOU ARE FAGGOT FOR USING THAT SHITTY :^) FACE, I BET YOU THINK YOU'RE SO FUCKING SMART FOR REPLYING LIKE THAT WHAT IS WITH YOU FUCKING ADMINS AND ACTING LIKE SMUG ATTENTION WHORES JESUS FUCKING CHRIST IT'S JUST A GOD DAMN GAME WHERE YOU SHIT AROUND ON A SPACE STATION WHY THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU EXPECTING THIS TO BE LIKE BAY OR SOME SHIT AND HAVE TO "DO OUR JOBS" DO YOU WANT THIS TO BE BORING NOFUN SHITFESTS LIKE /tg/? WHY ARE YOU SUCH A SHITTY ADMIN, WHILE I WOULDN'T HAVE GITGUD OVER YOU, I HAD A MUCH BETTER TIME ON HATE BECAUSE IT WASNT FILLED WITH FUCKING PUBBIES AND THEM SHITTING UP THE SERVER WITH THEIR FUCKING REDDIT-TIER MEMES JESUS H. FUCKING CHRIST IN A BED YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING TRAINWRECK OF AN ADMIN, YOU'RE SECOND TO FUCKING GITGUD

Salty nigger is salty :^)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK YOU SNIDE ASSFAGGOT, YOU'RE SECOND TO ADMINS ON THE MOST ANNOYING PEOPLE IN THIS GAME. YOU SUCK UP TO THEM EXPECTING TO GET ADMIN POWERS SO YOU CAN PRESS BUTTONS AND BAN PEOPLE YOU DON'T LIKE
IT'S NOT JUST THIS GAME, ADMINS ON EVERY FUCKING SITE ON THE INTERNET ARE SUCH POWER GRABBING FUCKTARDS, IT ISN'T THAT FUCKING HARD TO JUST DO YOUR JOB RIGHT.
SIERRA UNBAN ME YOU FUCKING SHITHEAD I HOPE THIS SERVER FUCKING DIES LIKE ALL THE OTHER Holla Forums SERVERS, I HAD A BETTER TIME ON GOD DAMN HIPPIESTATION

Maybe I'm Sierra salty ass nigro :^)

:') Its alright, its all going to be alright.

IF YOU WERE SIERRA YOU'D BE FUCKING TRIPFAGGING LIKE THE NATURAL-BORN ATTENTION WHORE YOU ARE, TRIPFAGS BELONG IN THE 4AM THREADS, OH WAIT, WE HAVE 4AMFAGGOTS WHO PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME. GO KILL YOURSELF DICKSUCKER

HOW IS IT GOING TO BE ALRIGHT CUNTDICK?

Probably because you are the attention whore yourself with your gay all caps red text like you are too special for regular text.

Never said you were.

Also to add onto this, the rule is only for people who are really fucking shitty with it I.E. CMOs who wander around the station with syringeguns while bodies are piling up in medbay

Would anyone like to play Barotrauma?

"It's all gon' be well n' shit"- Le Blue Hope Man
;^)
hav hope anaon

github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/issues/128

Should we give MDs the power to have Beepsky arrest people?

No. Give them a medibot with sleepy juice they can sic on unruly patients.

Sorry for doublepost,but that would give non-sec/head roles the ability to arrest ANYONE they like, so it'd be a simple matter of setting someone you don't like to insane. Also, it would necessitate medbanning anyone with a secban.

I don't know how ironic you're aiming to be with this post, but.

sierra could overtake gitgud as top retarded cunt any second

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Speaking of someone actually worked with the guy, I don't think thats physically possible. Gitgud was a special kind of retard.

I was in the mumble for some of the shittier things he's done.

Fun first med shift, and first CMO shift. Pleasure working with you, HOP

He hadn't reached peak retard back in the days of Mumble. When he went to work on /int/craft is when he started really getting it going.

oh god…
I don't even want to imagine how that could have turned out

It was bad. His own server turned against him.
Glorious

Must break a man, to have that happen to you twice.

Shit did it really happen to /int/craft as well? All I know is he started working on it and let Koriath run wild until Koriath Code™ was so broken that the server was crashing every day, then gets tired of restarting the server, starts being more active with the /tg/station shit and goes full on "THE GOYIM MUST LEARN"

am I reading this right? You should do at least 2 med shifts (chem, paramedic), 2 gen shifts (rng's a bitch and you need to spend the first learning to manipulate it and the second doing so quickly to "certify") and 1 viro shift (learn how to make basic healing viruses and accidentally your entire monkey population) before you hop to CMO, really

every time
external IRC is hardly tolerable as-is. I still don't see the necessity of anything past a good BBS or a newsgroup for a server's operation

My job preferences are glitched and reset after every round. I forgot to set them, and got booted straight into CMO.
I think I did alright, being that I found a bunch of disabilities and cold resist, had a clean SE on hand for a lot of people who needed it, set up cryo, saved a few people with resus and shit, implanted my eyes, helped with a few surgeries and didn't fuck anything up too hard

It got to the point where the guy paying the intcraft server bill cucked gitgud right off the server.

Why is assistant so comfy?

whoops forgot to unsage

Update: Apparently they found this dead body yesterday at a park that I went to about four days ago.

I added a little pulse to the heatbeat monitor blip

Might not display the transparency properly though

Yeah it seems like it didnt, it looks much nicer in dreammaker

Add Custom BPM Faggot

Dreammaker is shit at exporting transparency so here it is in game

pretty gud

what if wasps?

Why is every Holla Forums server run by rulecucks?

because shitter tears are 2tasty

what if

get this

what if

guise

what if

there was wasps

guise

but in space

Two pubbies voted a restart for no reason.

bully them over it

I did, one of them left already.

keep up the good work then and bully anyone who does something wrong

Wait anyone can vote for restart? I thought an admin came on for that.

Restart Votes can be started by anyone but need admin intervention to actually do something

Who's the faggot?

I should of made a stunprod or used my flamethrower, my mistake for mercy.

that's likely foxyarmor who's the captain, I've seen him on afew times being a disgusting pubby who can't into anything at all

Xenobio could use a honey wasp farming annex. Provides unique chems based on substrain.
Pic related
They eat raw meats and wasp egg caviar
meats grow them, wasp egg caviar turns them into breeder wasps, feed them whole monkeys injected with plasma and you get the "accelerated strain"
Gassing wasps will be necessary for Militant Larva, Napalm Wasp, Killer Wasp, and
Velvet Ants, done using turbonicotine (patent pending). Wasps would make honeycombs and sting and act with properties similar to their 'type', think Blob types. Special containment procedures would be necessary for Napalm Wasps, Killer Wasps, Velvet Ants, and Gentle Wasps.
Gentle Wasps would act like big cows (dispensing honey) but generally fuck up windows and unreinforced walls if they bumped into them, also if exposed to hot temperatures they'd go fucking wild. Rest are pretty self-explanatory.
Sentient Wasps should be able to make crisps, 'tight passageways' that act in a similar way to tableclimbing for entry/exit of non-Wasps, and sting with whatever mutations they obtain by chugging Plasma (30u per mutation).
Honey should have a number of chemical and food applications, too, because that shit's magical.

you should always make a stunprod, forget flamethrowers they're shit

stunprods aren't the most robust but they're easy as fuck to make and having something to stun someone with is always better then not

I was clearing vines because I was bored and I had it on me

I was thinking of actually either replacing xenos with them, having it as a random event like space carps or having them on another z-level to respawn as like what adamantite golems are in /tg/ lava land

saving that imagine though, that's some good brain storming right there

why not reap that fuckers soul with the scythe then?

Heat of the moment, pun intended.

Does anyone happen to have that Midi2piano converter that lets you convert piano midis to the text you use for instruments in game? All links i'm finding on all wikis (including tg and vg) are dead as fuck and nobody is maintaining them.

that's the kinda thing you need to get used to then, learn to not care about dying and focus on what you need to do

I also saved your post too

I was thinking of having spriting proper flowers to go with the wasps too, so maybe it could be a joint effort with botany where certain pollens are needed to simulate mutations from the plasma?

WEW

tell me what happened

archive.is/dv8tr

Honk

Sorry

sexual

I considered the Xeno palatteswap, and a "defensive baddie" that tries to get in and make a turbohive instead of facehugging people immediately would be cool, but Xenobio getting an added purpose would be fun.

That would be fun. My initial thought process is that Xeno already has Plasma by default, so it'd be functional from the start of the round. I wouldn't mind Botany serving an added purpose, though.
If you're doing special flowers, you could offload the RNG like so (pic) for more variation while avoiding Viro levels of shitposting rolls

well we could have both, give a reason to not murder the fuck out of the space wasps but instead capture them for xenobio, is there bee suits and smoke pots in already? I remember seeing something like them

I don't know anything about the coding so it'll all just be sprites on my end and hope that somebody else gets excited enough to actually code it

Mob lynching is a hate station tradition. validhunting is annoying but when there is a confirmed antag its basically expected that the crew will hunt him down.

I'm sure this rule is to stop people from picking chemist just to load up on drugs and chase down valids.

As I said its just for people who are REALLY huge faggots about it

Shouldn't have posted your server IP on reddit.

no, but this would be braindead easy to code by ripping blender+container mechanics for smokepot and setting a unique variable for bee's damage processing that flags and offloads if you're wearing a suit
as far as coding in general, I'm going to be useless, though
too many projects and things to focus on to really git gud at BYOND's bullshit language

what you got going on like?

Nevermind, found it. Apparently the source code has it on $-tg-station-master\tools\midi2piano\midi2piano\bin\x86\Release which is a bit convoulted but works.

>learn a new trick about surgery with assistant and then regret not putting cryo+mute sting to that assistant

correct me if i'm wrong, but does all the atmosia pipes go through engineering?

I'll give you a hint as to why your flooding didn't work.
You did flood the distro loop with plasma, because it was evident in engineering.
Now, think of what was different between engineering and the rest of the station (at the time of it being full of plasma) and as to why that difference would cause it to flood.

Don't you have to adjust the pressure bounds on the sensors, or otherwise replace the air in the rooms? Eg, you can't just push a button and make everything shit itself globally?

that's not what's he's saying

The only major fuckups I can think of was that the one of pipes in engineering, and the break room was torn off thanks to lord Singuloth, releasing most of the gas into space. Second is the pressure from vents and the atmos alerts, messing with them. Scrubbers wouldn't have done much since I plugged it.

never done any traitoring, and everything was based on shitty theorizing

Guess better luck next time when planning traitoring

[Common] universal recorder says, "[00:12] Reuben Roby says, "Wew lad I broke it again.""

Chem chart for the info that isnt on the wiki.

This is bullshit.

Stop doing this shit. It wasnt funny when you kept spawning yourself as a greyshirt and running around throwing inferno grenades at people and its not funny now, especially when the server is being brought to a crawl becuase you want to be LOLSORANDUMB

Step it up son

Did I kill you with my gundam?

Hey Holla Forums. let's play a game.

what's in the locker?

Empty jars of strawberry jam cyborg foot creme
Obviously needs to be disposed of out the airlock without checking the contents.

I like molesting people while they are brain dead. They are like dakimakura, but warmer.

Can we get footprints?

That looks like it'd be a cool way to tell where a killer went/throw off a pursuer.

Idea for a game mode:

Shitcurity station:

About 2 minutes into the round an announcement is made by centcom that the station is being converted into a prison colony.

Security is tasked with arresting and bringing at least half the non-loyalty implanted crew still on the Z-level of the station alive to the labor camp to be part of the new prison colony. The crew is alerted that security is looking to arrest them by the global announcement, so it's made clear to everyone that security isn't just being shitcurity.

Think it'd be worth doing?

I like the idea. It would turn into a bloodbath though.

how about just random quota sec has to achieve inorder to get better shit

I wonder, is it possible to port lavaland and the new mining vendor stuff like capsules to our codebase? Or is it too ingrained in their new tgui that it would make it nearly impossible to do so?

FURRIES DIE=

Hiss :-3–

The borg's dead body.
Wew.

Just fuck my shit up

I want Catbeasts back so we can gas them like the niggers they are.

I prefer how you have to become that kinda shit in game rather then just selecting muh special snowflake

I agree, if someone is a nigger we turn him into it and then gas him

Liggers still take the top for gassings, and lynchings. I'm sort of fond seeing mutant disgust return to 8ch's server, but I sort of miss the time where mutants banded together to throw back the anti-mutant tide. Then the humans decreased in numbers and most shifts were mutant.

I'd like to see the ability to select species in your character setup for this year's Halloween and a maybe a return of Nurglestation.

That's how it started last year and it never went away.

I'd like to see nurgle station but I'd prefer something actually halloweeny for halloween

Anyone want story time on how I killed all the xenos on Paradise one shift, and got banned?

I do!

Here we fucking go.
Atmos, now.

At least getting banned from that station is nothing of value being lost

Blessed art thou, plasma man.

oh well, i forgive you

this

Besides being a mexican sec officer (with hilarious results) I got to finish a xeno round in the escape shuttle.
Man that was confy.

Whoever killed me in maint though:
Holy shit, use your imagination. You have a spic on board, you can build a wall and send me over, toss me into working camp, fuck, tons of fun shit to do to a spic.
kek, thanks for the easy alium round :^)

Sorry pal. The griefing idiot was the one that killed me. A random grill shock killed the other ayy.
I did become an ayy after you exploded I think.
And became queen again.

Reminder to filter Koriath.
fce100

Braydon my friend, I never meant to harm you.
I honestly don't know why I tried to hurt you, I don't know how to play videogames.
pastebin.com/13c16dqp

But next time keep an eye on the shuttle timer, lad :^)

Hey can we steal some of hippies tator items our list is pretty boring

Might as well post about Pablo, the Sec officer.
And the rest is history, since egg-laying isn't that interesting.

Someone's salty because he didn't get his objectives :^)
Tomorrow I'll see if I can roll tater and show you how it's done.
Currently, I'm on a 7 winning streak as traitor.

Oh mexi-man, I should have given you the sombrero

Nah, that was okay. Actually laughed IRL when you showed up with it.
I went for the "mexican-trying to blend in society". Went so far as to steal job as janitor.
But next time, I'll grab that sombrero and try to get the whole crew drunk on Tequila with the help of a seringe gun.

Does anyone know how to pop open a secure locker by the way?

Secure lockers (the one's with the red light, unlocked by ID) can be popped off by:
Requires mining or traitor. The singularity might help too but I think the "emp" it emits is a diferent sort of emp. Go try it out.
Any gun works, really. Ballistic might take a few shots, lasers less so. Usually 3-4. Doesn't work for tasers, disabler shots or beanbag shells for obvious reasons. Low tech hacking: get the bartender shotgun, make some real shells on an auto-lather and fire away.
If you're cargo/miner and you wanna be bad at your job, get a kinetic resonator with a mining voucher. If you're in vaccuum, it will take 3-4 shots. If you're on the station, about 8 - 9.
Laser Emitters. The sort you typically use on the singularity to keep that field up.
Or to point at blob cores and "accidentaly" hit your own crewmembers instead.
Put down wire on a tile (has to be powered) and drag the emitter on top of it. Bolt down, weld it and click to turn it on.
Takes 2-3 shots to open a locker.

Also works on the locked crates you can order and a few other things. Doesn't work on deca-locked crates you find in the asteroid/mines.

Might aswell toss it here:
If you want to unlock a locked briefcase or wall safe, get multitool and click-spam on it. The multitool will eventually work it's magic, but it's RNG and might take a minute or so.

Thanks

don't worry, he's just sleeping now

they're just sleeping, don't worry now

j-just sleeping

Get fucked.

I was wondering what all the fucking ash was from. Good for you though.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there some secret virus meta I just don't know about?

I can't join on my main account, I forgot my password and I used a 10minutemail address for it.

HOLY FUCK SIERRA ANSWER ME YOU FAGGOT

I said to sierra this but he wasn't having it

What can I do? I can't keep on having this shit. I just want to play SS13. Ride out my fucking ban to get banned again. I wish to speak to fucking Sierra for this.

Sierra is still not online, try messaging him through byond his ckey is SierraChan, case sensitive when he gets on.

Fucking great. I had enough of this server. I hope Sierra goes out like Gitgud and gets laughed at for being a huge faggot.

he's on now, what are you on about?

use an actual email next time?

Your 4 day ban still had around 12 hours left. What you did was ban evade. Take that into considertion before you come back.

I DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW THAT, FUCKING UNBAN ME YOU CUNT.

No.

Fucking do it you faggot, I swear you are fucking worse than Gitgud.
First, you make the server public, then you let in Redditors, then the Baystation-tier rule 6. I swear you're one of the shittiest server hosts I've ever seen.

There's a point that an admin shouldn't cross, and you crossed it. You've gone from decent server owner, to rulecuck.

He's done his time. Even if a few hours early, you should have just let him enjoy the fucking spessmen.

what?

Bans are applied with a time to server.
The ban I gave on his "new" account is one day so that he fully serves the ban of the main account. Should he want to use this as his main account as he has lost his password he is more than welcome but I willl transfer all nots over to that one.

Ban upheld.

The ban was 12 hours, not 1 day.

God i love Holla Forums derails.

In any case, the guy was attempting to evade even if his sentence was over already in less than 3 hours. If anything Sierra could extend his ban or just let it pass and unban his alt once his main ban is over.

I have to agree with this to boot. Before you go ' Muh Sekrit Club ', my point here is that the faggatory from outside Holla Forums will always refuse to adjust, and will in the end, force their faggotry wherever they go.

We should have kept this a private, hidden server. Sure, we would have still gotten a few reddit tier faggots, but they would have been easily noticeable amongst the shitposting elite.

Why can't we just have a good server where the owner won't go rulecuck, or give friends power See:Gitgud .

It's been three days. I'd say he learned enough of a lesson from those three days, and fuck, the pull to play spessmen is strong.

For god's sake man, just let him through. I think he's learned his fucking lesson.

Not only that, I thought alts were also banned as well as your main account tied to your CID.

Plus, I fucking never used alts to get in a round after I died, the welderbombing shit was one goddamn time.

How about no?
Last night I got to kill 3 faggots and watch them cry a river because I was being a meanning by not letting them grief up the place.
Sure, the 4th one got the best of me, and killed me, but I counted that as a net win for me.
Reddit and assorted faggotry are not easily spotted, they're also easily countered by the few robust of us.

I'm fine with the server being open. I get to bully 15 year olds who want to play like shitheads because they're 15 year olds.

this tbh

Maybe you should wait to be a t8r next time retard.

Fuck you, I said I'm sorry, a 4 day ban for that shit is too far, faggot.

Cry harder you child.

Cry first, retard.

Okay

Faggot.

You're the one crying, lmao.
Look man, we've all been banned.
And trust me, there's worse things than being banned.

Take it like a man, go play other vidya and come back in a few days again.
Just think on what you've done and try not to repeat it again.
Rules are only effective because breaking them carries consequences. We still get a few morons breaking them every now and then, but we'd have A LOT MORE if there were no penalties associated with it.

As for unfair bans: it happens man. Don't know enough about your stituation to say if it was fair or not. But if you believe so, my advice is to not take this so seryously. It's just a game. Often, it's best to take the unfair ban and shut up about it then bitch and moan. In the rare instance you were right, that means the admin is an asshole, and you won't get anything out of bitching.
Haven't seen sierra online that much, so I can't really say how the guy's like.

Even you? What were you banned for?

Buttface.

Lots of dumbshit.
Dumbest one:
Doesn't matter man. Admins ban you, go do something else. Chances are, you need to cool down anyway. Fair on unfair, a ban means it's time to relax playing something else.

LMAO this is so fucking cucked I won't even comment this. What if security is not even on station, considering that average playercount is 7 players, you fucking retards? And I thought hatestation was bad. Jesus.

A atmos cuck chopped my head off with an axe because i didnt want to show him my bag, don't be a validnigger.

this

use your fucking head, as sec and as not

Yeah as if that person just came up and chopped your head off because you didn't want to show him your bag. I ghosted that round and he clearly did it in self-defense; either way, are you Sierra's friend by any chance?

Yeah dude what he did was self defense

Can someone post the current playercount?

Again, go watch Falling Down.
I know full well what I did was wrong.
I'd still do it again. Because it felt right, even if it was wrong.

Once, I was a sec guard. I aprenhded a laser gun from a perp. Few seconds later I was blinded and made deaf. No discernable cause and when my vision returned, I was not only unabled to communicate, I was also surrounded by a large brawl between the captain, the other sec guard and 3 guys. I didn't know who shot who, why they were hitting each other or where the fuck I was.
I ran, put the guy I was arresting in the first place in a cell and barricaded myself near perma.
The captain drags a dead sec near me, followed by two of the guys brawling him.
I am unable to hear them and start screaming for them to step back. Warning them that I would shoot.
They step forward to me, guns drawn. So I shot them all.
Got bwoinked because the captain suspected I WAS the ling, just like I suspected him. That didn't earn me a ban, but took a long while to explain. Even so, I was lucky. Shit like this happens a lot, and most of the time you don't have a good explanation for it. Someone died, you killed him and you're getting banned.
That simply happens. Don't get upset.

Remember that what one players sees/perceives can be WIDELY diferent from what you see. Same goes for admins. On one hand, they have a very omniscient acess to logs and chats. On the other hand, some stuff aren't tracked in logs or depend on hear say and testimonies. Admins fuck up every now and then, just like players do.

If this was real life, and we were talking about a job, money or something serious, by all means, take the guy to court, spend $$$ to prove him wrong and bitch until you can't legally bitch anymore.

But it's a videogame. Take the ban, then come back and order 1000 butterflies for shits and giggles.

"don't try to hunt down tators and such unless they are posing an active threat to the station"

"If there are no sec, you are welcome to do so within reason but your job comes first."

Who breaks into atmos unless they are stealing canisters of hazardous gas, nigging the hardsuit so they can set the station on fire, or stocking up on infinite valves so they can make a bunch of bombs? We already know:

A) Whoever broke into Atmos wasnt there to set up power

B) Whoever broke in Emagged the doors; Obvious traitor is obvious, especially considering the former information.

C) The atmostech prioritized his job over investigating the break-in at his own department.

Conclusion: Rule 6 has two conditions that need to be kept in mind. Whether you are an admin or a player, you ignore those conditions at your own peril; That ban was heavy-handed, all things considered.

Science has access to the most robust stun prods on the station if they do their job. Not because they do more damage, but because if you get nailed by a scientist with one, you probably aren't getting up without help.

That reminds me of the time I came on as an Arab assistant.

Gee, it's almost like admins should administrate the round and make sure people play properly instead of playing themselves.

Did you remember to pray towards Space Mecca?

I got to win a glorious fight against a Christian oppressor on Space Ramadan. Why pray to Space Mecca if I was already in it?

Theres a difference between hunting down tators and going "HEY THAT CHAPLAIN LOOKS KINDA SUSPICIOUS IM GONNA FUCK WITH HIM UNTIL HE GIVES ME HIS BAG DESPITE THE FACT I HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO DO SO AND FOR ALL HE KNOWS IM A TATOR FUCKING WITH HIM" basically goading the chaplain into defending themselves and then beheading them for it. At that point you start becoming THAT GUY. Theres a fine line between trying to keep the peace on the station and actively validhunting. Not handing over your bag to someone who isnt sec isn't suspicious, its being reasonable. And honestly rather than trying to make any effort to deescalate the situation or even just defend his actions after I PM'd him about it, he threw a bitchfit IC and in ahelps, which tends to be a deciding factor whether or not I let something slide or hit the bannu button

Ok so it looks like rules 6, which has not been set in stone, needs som explination.

They way I would intererate it is this.
If nothing is happening and you are not needed for other things your job is what you should be doing.
As much as this is not a rp server, doing your part allows other playes to enjoy the shift as well, if everyone is running around basically being assistants with higher access then there is no wonder noone wants to play heads. People will just steal that access anyway with a crowbar and a wirecutter.

If there is no sec. Go ask the HoP if you can help him out by having weapon access added to your card so he can give you a tazer for protection. Chain of command is there to HELP people, some of the worst heads I have seen are people who rule with an iron fist. If someone fuckes up in your area, demote and move on.

It is not a strick rule of "OMG YOU DIDNT DO ALL OF SCIENCE AS A SCIENTIST REEE" Its more
Hey you are a scientist maybe just set up autocloning and then chill or something. Once you have added something that only your role should be doing, then goof off for all I care. Go sit in the bar and give the bartender something to do for once.

It all comes down to how and when you enforce that rule.
An Atmos tech building disposals around the station for shits and giggles doesn't seem like a rule violation for instance. If he stole the R&D boards and made a research bunker down in atmos however, it's a clear case of terminal faggotry.

I think you could rephrase that rule. Something like: "if what you're doing would be easily done by playing another role, then you're not playing the right role".
Example: Assistants being ghetto-security, roboticists mining when there's cargo, doctors doing research.
Not rule-breaking example: Assistants being less-funny clowns, doctors making space drugs, scientists mining because there's no cargo, engies building a casino.

Thats pretty much the gist of it. Im not gonna BWOINK a CMO for not maxing genetics and viro or even just slacking off, but if he's walking around the station with a syringe gun looking for valids while bodies are piling up in medbay, thats when it starts being a problem.

This fits my explinations pretty well. If you are doing your job or something close to it, atmos setting up solars, I really don't care. However if you are purposly rouns after rouns derelecting your duty so other players are forced to do it. That is when you are being a shitter.

Do you just want me to join on as my alt when the ban is lifted? I did found my original account my CID is tied to.

I was just banned for no reason, as the RD since the first minute of the round I have built the station and have upgraded every single part. Near the end of the round we have the SE and another person physically destroying and walling off the bridge just to call the shuttle. After doing so I murdered him because he broke bridge property and ontop of that caused the station to be consumed by blob instead of doing his part and helping with the fight. I ask to be unbanned for my IC motivation was sound and the tactics they used were very tatorish.

Ontop of that they destoryed the two communications consoles

Get fucked.

I am not that nigger all the time but when you just call the shuttle right as a blob comes thats just being a pussy. In this case we had a guy using the scrubbers cleaning the Plasma and we had borgs and crew fighting a blob while me and you two dipshits were cucking each other over bullshit. I killed you because you sealed off the entire bridge and then dissembled the fucking machines. You have more then a right to be detained under that situation and I would of had you cloned anyway however you were being a nigger and stepping over a fellow heads toes. I didnt kill you for calling the shuttle I killed you for tearing the comm stations apart and being a nigger.

Get fucked autist

you shoulda just let it go brother

Wrong
It wasn't
Can't kill someone that wasn't playing in the round
I watched you the ENTIRE shift, and the ahelps I got from you killing the CE were the icing on the cake of the dumb ban worthy shit you did.
Enjoy your time off.

Ebin :DDDDD

There have been times inwhich I have called the shuttle you kike and why would I want to leave a station that I spent 4 hours fixing up both IC and OOC were justified reasons.

4 hours and everything maxed and for what?

Thats after you destroyed both the comms boards like a nigger. I wouldnt have shot you even after the shit you did with the walls. But you destroyed comms and basically nigged 4 hours of effort.

welp now you are banned… if you only had let go when i said it to you.

Well its only a day, what I dont understand is why tower tried asking me shit during a fight and then banned me before I could give a better explanation.

I bwoinked you AFTER the fight, not during. And I asked you to give me a damn good reason for killing the CE, and all you could give me was a bunch of roleplay shit about cowards that doesn't fucking matter.
I've told you once before and I'll tell you one last time: If you want a round where your autisming isn't interrupted then get the code, set up a station locally that only you have access to and knock yourself out.
You've got 24 hours to kill so you may as well give that a shot.

So your telling me that dissembling both comm stations and walling off bridge is not a criminal offense?

Dude just let it go, not even if the CE was a MoMMi calling the shuttle while blocking himself on the caps quarter will change anything.

Im just curious how I should of acted so I can reform, all these niggers keep telling me im awful so Im curious what I can do.

and most important is to have fun and make things fun for other players, sure if the station is filled with plasma and on fire it would be so cool if you as an atmos tech fought the fire and saved the day. but dont call recall the shuttle to do so… other pepes may just want to get the hell out.

Only one was deconstructed and it was the one you were using in the Captain's quarters. The other was eaten by the blob.
Since you want to go that route, I suggest you familiarize yourself with Space Law. 8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law
You bolted yourself in the Captain's quarters, where you had no business being in the first place. So at bare minimum that's Major Trespassing.
You kept recalling the shuttle even though the station was flooded with plasma and clean up measures were not working. None of the primary hallways were safe and access to food and medical attention were being cut off because of it. And you kept doing it even after a blob appeared. This is why that console was deconstructed(not destroyed). That's Creating a Workplace Hazard
You killed a member of the crew for a stupid reason that even a Captain wouldn't have gotten away with, and he's the only one that can authorize an execution. Adding onto that, you were in an armed Durand and the CE had shit for weapons, meaning it obviously wasn't done in self defense. So that's both Assault of an Officer and Murder.

Fresh OC

havn't played since pizza/early h8 station.

How you fucks doing?

posting webm i was apart of.

I see your point, I fucked up and I apologize.

If I write a strongly worded letter can I get it moved to 12 hours instead of 24? :-^)

The last time i had such a short round was on goonstation back when you could shit all over the donut station.

>figure he's just clowning around

LAG

underrated post this, don't worry user, I appreciate you

So how do borers actually occur? I remember them being added ages and ages ago but I don't think I've ever actually seen a single one.

They're not admin spawn only are they?

borers ?

Tiny little slug like things, they're fragile and can ventcrawl and spit neurotoxin. They can paralyze a victim and then crawl into their brain where they sit around and can talk directly to the host only and release chemicals into their blood like tricordrazine and shit.

The concept being that they crawl into some guys brain and tell him to do things or shitpost inside his mind while drugging him, or if they feel like it just sit around and chat and give the guy medical assistance when necessary. I think they can also temporarily take control of the hosts body for a couple of seconds or something like that.

oh like that film brain damage

yeah they're admin spawn only but I think that's only due to it not being properly coded

Well that's unfortunate. Would be a lot more fun if it occurred naturally like xenos do, except maybe a bit earlier into the round instead of 30 minutes or whatever it is for xenos.

I don't think it would be too much trouble to do so, it's merely a matter of doing it

how's the mapping going ?

This is what true suffering looks like.

Is the fag who got it to work on PlayOnLinux still in the thread?

Holy shit. I can't believe how high quality those cups are.

This is how dumb your image looks

it's not as dumb as how you look caring about something like that

And yet your opinion on this matters even less.

That perspective and focus makes me feel ill just looking at it.

But that doesn't look as fashy only destitute.

For whatever reason IE6 and 8 are giving me MD5 errors on wine.

What the fuck is this cancer? What did I do wrong?

Oh boy, murderbone squad's back.

Alright, so Hugo (station engineer?) and Brody (HoP) were teaming up and murderboning the station this round. No admins to help.

we need more admins tbh, the ones we got aren't on enough

Any updated guide for genetics? the /tg/ guide states that there is 13 SE blocks when on the game it shows 22 blocks.

Sec was fill of fucking shitters this round, holy shit. HoS, kill yourself you unrobust shitter faggot.

Keep bitching, the only shitter was Frank for attacking all the other officers, including the ones that were following space law.

Frank was the only one that had the sense to realize what the HoS was doing wasn't Space Law. The HoS was a raging faggot that actually thought he could actually make up new space laws as he saw fit, until an admin told him to cool it with the shittery. The rest of the sec officers that went along with the HoS are also faggots for the same reason.

they're following orders, they did right to follow his orders since the blame is on hos

sec officers follow space law, not orders.

They were unlawful orders and the only sec officer to realize that was Frank.

You don't shoot someone if they ask you what happened to the clown. If frank had said "the HoS did it", then we would've been fine, but you don't win friends by being a shitter.

Alfredo was asking around about it, and saying on the radio that something was up, but Frank started shooting when he asked questions.

New Thread