Comfy thread

going to play anno 1701 again.

bump

>great pox, lunatic, one-handed, one-legged, blinded. maimed, chaste, arbitrary, craven and gardener
What in the actual fuck happened?

War… war never changes

Nigger, fuck memes. My first (recent) CK+ game was golgotha tier. Two generations in and half the map was blind and or suffering from crippling gout, so figured fuck it - must be the mod. Nope, just standard paracucks and their broken ass plague dlc.

He had a hard life.

bump

So what are ANNO games about exactly? Trading? Piracy? Seafaring? Maintaining your own coastal town?

Never played those though i probably should especially now as im trying to lose weight and comfy autism-sims are perfect to get my mind of the hunger.

They're about comfiness

Yeah obviously Duh~
But what kind of comfy?
just autisming my town up or do i actually conquer the world/map or something like that?

Big autism for you :^)

Its been raining on and off here, and midterm exams are wrapping up. Perfect time to relax
Playing Silent Hill 1 and Sid Meier's Pirates, both are relatively comfy. They both control well, and dont have too much going on at one time.

Favorite comfy game is kirby super star
I recommend checking out Chibi Robo on the gamecube. Its a little slow, but great for exploration, mood, and progression (feels like a paced down metroid)

The only autism is you.

I am very autistic… that's what I meant. But tell me, in what other game can you restore the Angevin Empire, genocide the French and populate France with red-blooded Englishmen? :^)

EU 3?

When is comfy-sama coming back?

I haven't played much anno but ill give you a real answer.
It's about building towns on islands, and building production chains to obtain resources to make your people happier and richer.
Some resources might only be available on certain islands so you have to set up villages there too and trade networks.

For ex. you might start with poor peasants. And their needs are fish, clothing, and spices. You build a lumber yard to get some wood. Then build some docks to get fish, and some hemp farms to make clothes out of. Then on another desert island you have a little arabian village collecting spices and delivering boatloads of it to your main island.

Then your peasants have all their needs met and your houses start upgrading into middle class homes. They pay more taxes, and now have 5 new needs they need taken care of. And so on.

I miss those threads
They were truly comfy ;_;

very comf

Is this a modded banished? I don't remember banished having 1/10 that much stuff

Banished is best game. Maybe one day he'll come back and do a Banished 2 or something…

Interested in seeing what the Colonial Charter dudes do for their own game, though. They did great with making Banished a 10/10

how can you be comfy when all those houses were burnt down?

Banished is pretty comfy if limited in content, but i couldn’t get into Colonial Charter. It adds a lot of stuff like a million types of meat and ways to process so you can have smoked beef and pork sausages which is great for immersion/comfyness/autism but it doesn't really work in banished becuse of how "recipes" in production building work, there is no "meat" group to order making stakes from all of them and you can't queue/make in parallel orders like in every other game of this type. It kinda made the variety work against it. I think it was the worst when making fuel. It just bothered me enough to have a hard time playing it.

I think the last comfy game I played was Civ, with soundtrack mods it can be comfy as hell

I also should play Blood and Wine sometime, that also looks very comfy from the screenshots I've seen