PSVR

PS VR embargo is up and it seems like it's hot shit. Not only is it VR which already makes it not worthwhile but apparently it's just a bad piece of hardware and worst of VR. It's making people sick when they just sit still because the view keeps moving and apparently it's very reminiscent of the Kinect with how picky it is about the space you're using it in. The controller tracking seems absolutely terrible as well, basically Wiimote tier and the lights from the controllers mess with the tracking if you get too close to the headset.

In the Giantbomb stream Gerstmann almost had to stop because it made him sick and he was playing some Batman tech demo (that costs 20 bucks and is apparently an hour long) where you don't even move your character around. Also the games somehow seem even less less like games than with the Vive and Rift.

I can agree VR is shit but,
Those people have incredibly weak stomachs.

No, it's worse than any headset yet. It's basically a Parkinson's simulator.

Is that a bit of bias I'm detecting, OP?
Also where is your source?

Hillary Clinton Simulator 2016: 9/11 memorial edition

STOP THE PRESSES!

Does no one realize companies are just trying to resell them the Wii or something?

Getting motion sickness is a problem user. There are enough people in the world that get motion sick that people make money out of it. Don't be retarded. Also if you watch any footage of the PSVR you'll see the problem and understand that it's on a whole other level compared to other VR stuff.

Can you honestly say that you think VR is worth the investment right now? Hunderds of dollars for a few tech demos and a lot of pretty promises?

VR isn't for video games, it's for simulators. Anybody who doesn't understand this is an idiot wasting their money.

They're using it as an excuse people make to buy their upgraded console.

No one will actually buy the damn thing but fans will feel more comfortable paying for a Pro now.

You didn't answer my question.

I saw a PSVR demo center in Paris just yesterday. I guess I should have stuck around a bit to see if faggots got sick.

I did, though.

Some video games are simulators.
I'd like VR to succeed and become affordable so I can try it in a racing sim.

For

I'm not saying that it isn't a problem, I'm saying that those people have weak stomachs.

No you didn't. You provided no reasons why you think VR is worth it. What simulators even have support for it right now? How is spending 700 bucks or whatever worth it for a handful of simulators?

Do you even know what causes motion sickness?

I know, but outside of simulators VR HMDs do not have much utility. What good is VR in a standard FPS where you don't have looking around separate from aiming? Or a puzzle game? Or a platformer? Or any 3rd person view game?

No, I told you what VR is worth: if you're a hardcore simulatorfag and you have money to drop on it instead of dropping the same amount in displays for a multimonitor setup then it might be worth it. Otherwise it isn't.
Technically any simulator that supports looking around with the mouse in first person view would support it since VR HMDs just are mouselook but strapped to your face.

Why do you think they have an embargo on it?

As has been said, the only real application for VR in vidya is for games where you're situated in a cockpit or pilot's seat. So flight sims, racing games, mecha games, are all fine. Nothing else is. The addition of Vive-like motion controls could possibly broaden the applications, but I'm not sure how yet. The teleport-instead-of-walking solution that so many VR games tech demos use now is a meme, and not likely to stick around.

The movements of your inner ear fluid not matching up with the visual information your brain is getting from your eyes.

Yeah, no shit.

Apparently the $399 you pay for the HMD doesn't include the camera, which is necessary. I doubt many people bought that camera, so the effective price is actually $450.

I'm not really surprised by this, a $400 headset isn't even going to be close in terms of quality as an $800 Vive, that's without even getting into the subject of games. VR might have it's uses but it isn't mass market ready quite yet.

I'll be getting a Pro as a gift, I don't know if that makes me a faggot (knowing here it probably will) but I don't have a standard PS4 so I figured I may as well take up the offer since it is a free gift.

That is some prime jewry.

You know it can be separated, right?

The game just has to render a 360 degree fov to a virtual screen that the vr headset simulates around you.
So if you turn your neck left or right, you are looking away from the HUD and where your aim is.
It really would not be any different than a widescreen hack in a console emulator.
It should work for ANY game with a 3D environment.

What did you exactly expect from the japanese jews?

I'm still going to pay $910 to play AC7 in VR. Feel free to bully me.

Good luck on the vr part. Vr to me would have been great if it wasn't for it being in alpha or some shit. I mean where's the video games for these vr headsets that cost a shit ton of money? The games out now for vr are fucking stupid minigames and games that aren't finished at all. All I wanted vr for is immersion dammit

Look at this nerd.

You would like that you faggot

Won't happen with a hanging display HMD like the PSVR. Other HMDs may be a display strapped to your face - PSVR hovers in front of your face supported by the crown resting on your forehead and the back of your head.
Most people won't get motion sick at all. While the minority that gets motion sick isn't small, you can train until you developed some solid VR legs.
In other words, if you're bitching about motion sickness you're a little bitch unwilling to put in the effort to git gud and should go to a place that is a better fit for sensitive snowflakes than Holla Forums.

Than the Vive? Yes. At half the price. Comparisons to other HMDs might look more favorable to PSVR but let's keep it real, they're irrelevant except OSVR HDK2.
It's not the Zuckerbergolus, so no, it's not the worst. Actually, it has less SDE than the Vive and doesn't suffer from god ray artifacts as it doesn't use shitty fresnel lenses. In many aspects it's the second best HMD after OSVR HDK2.

Yeah. I know.

I definitely believe VR could have been nice, but it's being strangled by corporate inhibitions and greed.
I often say that absolutely no innovations have been brought to the industry since the touchscreen, besides innovations designed to rip people off like DLC or skylanders; that's what the corporations put real effort into.

How long until sosny dies?

Simulators work way better without VR and with 180°/360° projection instead.

Actually I realized that it's going to be even more money, because I wasn't accounting for the flight stick.

Not long if their shit continues. Not to mention that german bank.

Heh?

Remember the financial crisis of 2008? Well it seems nobody wanted to learn a lesson and everyone kept trucking after the banks were bailed out last time. The difference this time is that its impossible to bail out the banks again.

Okay, but what does it have to do with sony?

If I need to explain this then you're too stupid to make me want to explain anything to you.

I like Ace Combat quite a lot, but I'm content to wait for either a PC port or a substantial PS4 price drop. Spending that kind of money for the sake of one game is completely absurd.

Eh. I have the cash to throw around, so I don't mind.

Well, if you can afford it why not? AC sounds like one of the few games that VR could do well.

*I'll bully you a little bit, faggot*

Fucking rude.

I fucked up the spoiler… well I'm the faggot here then.

If you don't like it then fuck off back to cuckchan.

Even rudder.

You were being kind of retarded, though. The fact that two things have "economics" in common doesn't really make them relevant to this discussion.

You're totally right. The current and future state of the economy and thus the amount a money that customers can spend on luxury items have no effect on whether Sony will crash and burn.

Retard.

Words on internet can hurt, bro.

Hey many, Sony is doomed, because in 3 billion years the heating, expanding Sun will boil the oceans away.

It's probably one of those CrowBCat montages, there was a VR one with GiantBomb iirc.

You're totally right. The current and future state of the economy and thus the amount a money that customers can spend on luxury items have no effect on whether Sony will crash and burn.

Retard.

A German bank is not relevant. Germany and all its people and capital could disappear tomorrow, and it wouldn't have a very big effect on Sony's bottom line. You are retarded and brought up an utterly unrelated thing, and now you're mad about it for some reason. Just quit before you look even stupider.

All 5 Germans?

Retard.

Germany is not an important global financial power, no. The only global banks in Europe that matter are in London. Does this upset you? Are you German?

Go fuck off and make your own thread about how absolutely no global corporation will possibly struggle through another economic crisis alive.

Stop shitting all over this thread with your retarded logic.

I have no words. This is too stupid to be real.

I know this started a year ago but how is this legal?
When did the become acceptable?

Why does anyone think a company preventing reviews of a product until a set time after release is anything short of a big sign reading
ITS SHIT

Pretty sure it existed for way longer than that.

Is it really news that consoleshit is shit?

Germany's capital account is about 0% of its GDP. It's important for EU finances, not the world's. Germany isn't important to Sony's bottom line. The connection was tenuous at best. You should all commit suicide.

t. financefag

Review embargoes are a pretty old practice. They're not legally binding; if you break one, publishers will just stop doing business with you.

Review embargoes have existed for decades

Never look a gift horse in the mouth user, Sony's little shitbox has a few good exclusives on lockdown, can't hurt to have the option to play them, especially when you're getting it for free.

Pretty revealing then how fucked gaming "journalism" is when not a single game site or mag has gone against an embargo.

With videogames? Or other products?

Both vidya and other things.

With everything.

nigga it doesn't have a single good exclusive or multiplat
shit the only good games to come out this gen so far are splatoon and forza and forza is unplayable because of technical issues

Drones are out in full force today.

Just how nu.ru? Review embargoes are standard practice for nearly everything. Leak your review before the embargo is up? You will never get review samples before official release again - if you get samples at all, which you most probably will not. Have fun buying whatever you want to review, destroying any potential profit you could get from the review.

Uh…

I asked that question to No Man's Sky communities, and the general responses that apply to the PSVR review embargo were "form your own opinion", "a reviewer can never tell you if YOU will like a product", and "you have to buy it before you know if you like it". An overwhelming percentage of those same people (I watch usernames with an autistic obsession) regret their purchase now.

I bet the same mindset carries over here. People will just buy PSVR because it's epic, not because they have a conscious opinion grounded in research. Not even Steam users read consumer reviews when they are on the same page of the purchase button. PSVR purchasers sure aren't going out of their way to read reviews, try demos, or anything besides maybe listen to their friends hype it up.

I've never really paid attention.
Never seen one for movies or books.
Never seen one for consumer products, the first encounter with them was in vidya.

It just blows my mind that capitalism which is built on consumer selection and survival of the fittest allows review embargoes as it goes against capitalism fundamentals.

>Ugh, just play le games shitlord! :^)

Fuck what a retard.

With everything, nigger.

Publications/bloggers/streamers are given a product early so that they may fully experience said product and have a review ready for when the product is released.

This is a standard business practice.

Now, the real kike tactics are conditional review embargoes. For example, if you give the game an 85/100, you may post the review one week before release. If you give the game less than an 85/100, you may post the review no sooner than the day of release. Since publications thrive on clicks, and having reviews of the latest products before your rivals directly translates to more money, you will see mediocre products getting high scores so that the publication can scoop the competition.

using bait images to bait
biting for originality

If you're sure about your product's quality then you don't need an embargo.
But if you're a shit like bethesda, you want to control reviews as much as possible.

The reasoning behind review embargoes is that it leads to better product reviews. Without them, publications race to be the first to get their review out, so they can get the most ad clicks.
Unfortunately, release-day embargoes have become a tool that publishers resort to when they're not confident in a product; it's a blatant misuse of the practice.

Why not just give review copies early and require reviews to only come out on release date.

Because the way it is now publishers/other shits have a way to seed out "bad reviewers".

That's the worst possible method. It denies consumers access to reviews, in an attempt to encourage them to buy without assessing the product's quality.

That's the point, you dense nigger. Maximum shekels.

It denies them access to pre-release reviews, I mean. Publishers bank on people being unable to stop themselves from buying a product when it's out, due to hype.

I know, you fucking retard. I'm pointing out why it's a bad thing.

Thank you, user. ;^)

We solved this problem years ago.

Yet normalfags still do it.

You're not wrong.

Meant for

It doesn't go against "capitalism funadamentals", it's just a natural product of the sick kind of symbiosis that develops between reviewer and the producer of the reviewed thing. Can a car magazine buy the cars it reviews and still make a profit? Of course it can't. Is it in the interest of a car manufacturer to be invisible in car magazines? Of course it isn't. Review samples help both parties - and distort reviews, as particularly, shall we say, inquisitive, reviewers won't be supplied with samples. This can backfire if the particularly inquisitive reviewer has achieved a positive reputation for his extensive reviews, but more often than not, it doesn't backfire.

What this system mainly achieves is strengthening already established reviewers and keeping newcomers out.

they will with a device driven by a fuckin ps4 that can't even get 60fps

I didn't say a thing about Nintendo, and no it's not ok when they do it either, but it's the shit reality we live in.

DF captured the stream to the HMD and performed framerate analysis on the captured stream. They say the framerate remains rock-solid without any hickups. For once Sonys QA is doing their job.

And how many of them actually do that or would benefit from it?

The vestibulo-ocular reflex is too deeply ingrained by evolution to ignore. It doesn't matter how much you try to push through sim sickness, if there is latency, drift and jittering between your head movements and what you see before your eyes your brain will consider it a compelling argument in favor of emptying your stomach lining.

Supposedly PSVR games are required to run at at least 60fps with no frame drops. Then they use head rotational data to create intermediate frames, for a final outpout of 120fps.

Do you even know what caused that mess?

I don't, tell me.

Consumers gonna consume.

For the rest of us, we can simply try before we buy. If the specific title is impossible to try before we buy, we get feedback from community reviewers whose tastes align with our own, and then pick it up when it gets a GOTY/Complete edition along with a nice 75% discount.

We can't stop mindless consumerism in others, but we can stop it in ourselves.

It was those all-important German banks, man. Sony just couldn't handle their mistakes. :^)

Being passive aggressive is a bitch move, you know.

There were quite a few other things but that is the crux of it.

Also

This guy is a fucking retard.

So VR will go the way of 3D gaming soon?

Where the idiots who bought into pretend it never existed?
Probably.

Fix'd

And I can't wait!

He's right. Subprime mortgages bundled into securities, then sold in "tranches" to avoid the poor credit ratings they deserved, were the cause of the housing bubble's collapse.

This user mostly got it, but left out important parts about how the credit rating companies and big banks were basically circlejerking each other, synthetic CDOs, and other important details that really define how all of this fucked up so hard.

also I recommend the book and movie "The Big Short" since it documents how 3 groups of shmucks actually profited hard from the entire crisis by betting against CDOs and the real estate market.

Is this Sony marketing's new strategy to hide that two people threw up on stream using their new product today?

Maybe, maybe not.

Originally, the problem with 3D TVs was cost, but they got that under control to the point that most upper mid-range Smart TVs offered 3D support and came bundled with the glasses. Then they ran into the problem of there being hardly any native 3D content, and non-native 3D content looked like shit when used in artificial '3D Mode'. With the complete lack of content, demand (which was already low) dried up and now manufacturers are dropping 3D support.

VR's biggest hurdle right now is cost. PSVR is the cheapest option and the total cost is clocking in at $900+tax ($500 for full PSVR suite, $400 for PS4 Pro), which is a hefty one-time cost for most consumers, but significantly cheaper than other options. On the content side of things, it's good to go on the casual front which is where the big money was with the Wii, and all they need for hardcore gamers to take the plunge is one non-niche killer app that really takes advantage of the platform and they'll buy the hardware for that one game (See:Bloodborne).

Just like, blame Holla Forums. :^)

Probably not, since they just streamed the PSVR stuff in the early morning. Total shitfest, people got nauseous and the games sucked.
The VR launch day streams are actually hilarious in that they show how broken and fucked up most VR is. Almost like a warning PSA for idiots.

Holla Forums can be blamed for a lot of things.
Like shitting up this board

However this is a shit thread about a dead product what would you have us talk about?

I can't stand Holla Forums, and I don't think this has been a Holla Forumsish thread.

>>>Holla Forums

Why are you posting a link to a dead board? :^)

>>>/reddit/

Yeah, I'm honestly sick of these fucking entitled white males posting their stupid fucking hatefacts here.

Frankly, it's disgusting and it needs to stop.

To faggots who can't read and a nigger with a strawman.

Sure is amazing watching the board which used to be filled with intelligent faggots replaced with dumb ones in less then 2 years.

You mean filled with a bunch of goobergater misogynists and racists who left 4chan because moot was sick of their shit and rightfully cracked down on them?

Those bigots are on the wrong side of history. We're the majority now.

Please upvote and signal boost.

Street fighter costumes are just getting lazier every day. Laura isn't even fappable in this one.

"Beware when fighting monsters, or become a colossal faggot advertising his stupidity."
-St Francis

Kek. Laura could have been a nice design if Capcom didn't give her shit hair. That's really what ruins it for me, she's otherwise okay.

If only I was retarded enough to give that much of a fuck about something like this.

If you think Holla Forums is, and I quote "shitting up this board", perhaps this just isn't the right place for you. There are an inordinate amount of cross-board posters, so if you're looking for a politically correct hugbox that silences any who don't toe the party line, why not go back to cuckchan/reddit which seem to perfectly align with your tastes?

Do you know what I do when I see a shit thread (weeb games/waifushit/animu/assfaggots) that doesn't align with my tastes? I shift click it, and it's immediately gone from my catalog. You don't see me going into those threads and whining about how weebshit is ruining the board, I just carry on and let them have their fun in their threads while I post in threads that interest me.

If you're emotionally unstable and can't handle the bantz, why don't you just get the fuck out and stay out?

If it's in slow motion then I can just look at it again when the train actually crashes

It's exciting every step of the way.

Which will crash first, Star Citizen or VR?

Any news of Summer Lesson, so far? It's not for me, it's for my dick.

So you are unaware of Holla Forums doing the exact same thing?
Wew, buddy when did you discover Holla Forums? On the Trump reddit page last month?

Has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or what we are discussing.

If you were actually capable of reading, you would know I wasn't saying this thread was being shitposted to death by Holla Forums

But, you're not concerned with reality or facts just how you feel.

Only if you don't count the stereoscopic effect. Two slightly different images and not only one.

Only one of them shows serious signs of trouble, so many goons will cry in pain while the world laughs at their 5 digit price .jpgs

Wew lad, the other user was right. >>>Holla Forums is more your speed.

Kill yourself, faggot. This is Holla Forums's turf.

There are tons of documentation of Holla Forums banning wrong think and ImKampfy's Ministry of Love.

Jeeze its like you guys are new to this board or something, but it couldn't be with all the media attention newfags are coming over like in 2007.

And you wonder why people can't stand you faggots.

Let's just cut the middle man and you just show the images you saved of some faggot getting banned for e-cleb garbage. Why don't you fuck off to your own hugbox since this place clearly isn't for you.

It's amazing watching you retards chase your own tails

Yep just a bunch of kiddies reacting and not saying anything, looking forward to rationalizations and justifications.