Any other DLC's that are better than the main game itself?

Any other DLC's that are better than the main game itself?

Point Lookout was garbage, but so were all FO3 DLCs.

The only thing that would come to my mind is Mask of the Betrayer for Neverwinter Nights 2, and that was before the age of DLCs.

Not by much, but it's better.

Also, Dragonborn for Skyrim, especially once you realize Kirkbride was there as a lore advisor and the entire plot hence is a Morrowind-tier clusterfuck once you think about it.

It was interesting.

They were short, but more fun than most NV's DLCs.

Is Kirkbride autistic? Does he do drugs?

Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai

Knife of Dunwall/Brigmore Witches for Dishonored.
The crowns DLC for dank souls 2.
Immortal Throne for Titan Quest.

NOPE

Good point. The DLCs of DS2 were really miles above the base game both in leveldesign and combat.

Do you really have to ask. Yes to both.

I liked Old World Blues much more than the main story in NV

I fucking loved fallout 3 unironically but I went back and lost my save, never felt the need to replay just for point lookout

Autistic? Definitely

Drugs? Only confirmed to do a lot of bourbon while reading and researching Hindu mythology.

Yes and yes.

Not so bullespongey when you got the gauss and backwater rifle. I like it because it's like a post apocalyptic redneck rampage I guess. The mansion shootout, spy mission, and hippie tribe are fun tbh.

It was a good DLC, but gets a bit tedious if you try to rush it I think. Far better than Dead Money or Lonesome Road tho.

I wish there was more pics of him.

Pic related may not have been faithful to the lore but it was mad fun and comfy.

Absolutely, in fact he is famous (infamous?) for the "Kirkbride death coffin" which was a room at Bethesda where that he would lock himself inside of that was full of religious textbooks and drugs and this is how he came up with the crazier shit in Morrowind like CHIM.

Here's one he took for a leddit AMA

Secret Armory of General Knoxx. I found it more enjoyable than the main story in BL1.

FO3's DLC were hot garbage.

How is CHIM crazy in any way? It's literally just reaching nirvana.

No, CHIM is literally breaking the 4th wall.

No, it's lucid dreaming.

Isn't that Amaranth?

From my understanding, CHIM let's you play with the game's construction set. Amaranth lets you construct an entirely new construction set altogether.

That's the analogy to CHIM, not CHIM itself. CHIM is like lucid dreaming but within the context of a dream that is shared between every living being inception style and this dream is the only known reality that exists.

Nirvana is becoming one with the world and understanding everything that exists entirely, with CHIM you don't necessarily know everything you just know how reality works and can change anything at your whim, even history. But your version of reality must coexist with the reality of anyone else who has achieved CHIM so there are times when two people who have achieved CHIM disagree with each other which sort of creates alternate timelines that exist in the same world, if that makes any sense.

If we're going by C0DA, this also means that the ability to mod your game, save/load characters, make new characters, and on repeat playthroughs know things your character wouldn't (like choosing what quest to do based on the reward you know it gives) are all explained by CHIM which means that the player in every TES game has achieved CHIM.

Shit taste tbqh.

Amaranth is creating your own dream. So far it's just Kirkbride fanfiction weirdness, though; there's no indication in any of the games that it's real or ever happened.

How about the existence Nehrim and Enderal? I think it's definitely intended through C0DA that modding is canon so I wouldn't say that those are much of a leap.

That's what reaching nirvana is you stupid fuck

No.
Most definitely.

It doesn't matter, C0DA (and the rest of Kirkbride's out-of-game work) isn't canon, at least not until it appears in the games (or other materials).

Just stop posting, it's clear that you don't know what you're talking about. Nirvana is "awakening" through the abolition of all desire, it's not realizing that you're a character in a computer simulation or dream.

The Pitt was the only FO3 dlc I liked. It's story is a bit janky but the Pitt itself is an interesting place that's more FO lore friendly than the main game.

You are absolutely right.

Yes Blood and Wine for Witcher 3

Daud was a more interesting character, and VA really helped him as opposed to the mute Corvo. The levels were better as well, with more non-linearity. I would say that the manor in DLC compares somewhat to the Overseer building in main game, but is more multi-layered (literally).

What's even better, they gave you more non-lethal gadgets - choking/amnesia grenades, stun mines. The one negative was the even more casualized blink with time stopping powers in mid-air.

If there was one thing to learn from the entire subject matter of Morrowind's plot, it is that no single entity decides what is or is not "canon". Even gods can disagree on what happened during a certain historical event and they can both be correct thanks to CHIM.

It was simply example of a good DLC. Decent length, good replayability, fixes some of the issues of the base game and really tries new things. You could tell effort was put into it.

I'm not whining about C0DA, just saying that nothing in it "makes mods canon," because C0DA doesn't have that kind of authority.

This is the vidya equivalent of unbridled relativism; it's wrong and ill-considered.

In my personal canon, they don't. :^)
See what I mean?

The whole point of reaching nirvana is ascending into a higher state of existance by letting go of your connection to "this" world, therefore getting out of samsara and moving on. That's how Amida could create his own realm where it's easier to reach nirvana and have his followers reborn there. The videogame equivalent of nirvana would be realising you are in a videogame and being able to modify it. CHIM is the closest thing to nirvana videogames have. Stop parrotting bullshit you've heard on tv and above all stop posting.

lolno
It's perceiving the world in a new way, without attachment, leading to a deeper sense of fulfillment than satisfying desires can provide.

I'm not talking about bastardized religious Buddhism, with demons and whatnot, just the original philosophy.

Oh shit, I'm sorry, I should've realised this was bait.

Nirvana is blissful non-existence because life is pain. Now fuck off.

Come on.

Nirvana is just a shitty band

Repeating lies doesn't make them true user.

They're highly overrated, but they have a couple decent songs. They were only good when trying to be punky.

"Millennial" is just a marketing term, like Generation X. It's a pointless word made up by advertising researchers, so they could push it on the public and get young people to subconsciously start paying attention to ads, because they think they're being personally addressed.

Except when the entire message of the game was about how history/canon is relative. This is the video game equivalent of pic related, only instead of it being "this is a bunch of ones and zeroes" its meaning extends to a much higher level. Obviously it would be absurd to go around to every painting and talk about how it really isn't what the painting depicts; that they're all just a bunch of oil on a canvas. That would miss the entire point of most paintings, but not pic related. The point of Morrowind is that in this universe canon means nothing so there's nothing wrong with judging every element of it with that perspective.

False equivalence. If I write Game of Thrones fanfiction, is it canon? No, because I don't have any material relationship to the franchise, so I lack the artistic or legal authority to change it.

It's mental masturbation.

It would be if the central message to Game of Thrones was that nothing is more canon than anything else, but that isn't the case for GoT so no it would not be canon.

Also if you don't like 2deep4u bullshit like the treason of images then I don't see why you like Morrowind. People either love or hate postmodern art and somehow you seem to be stuck in the middle. If you are of the belief that canon is as it is defined by the creator, then you must accept Kirkbride's extension of Morrowind because even though he legally doesn't hold the copyright to it, I don't think anyone would argue that he isn't the true creative director of the game since that's the role he played throughout its development. Defining the creator of a piece of art by who holds the copyright by American copyright law is retarded for obvious reasons.

The idea of canon (as a pop culture thing) exists before and outside of any particular body of work. Again, this is relativism of the worst sort. Also, history isn't subjective in the slightest, only interpretations of it are.

It was one of the few good 3D CRPGs that managed to come out before the genre was destroyed.

By the owner. That's what I'm getting at.

I didn't mean real history, I was referring to Morrowind where interpretations = history.

So if a person creates a dark fairytale like The Little Mermaid and Disney buys it and turns it into a generic princess movie then the original work of art is no longer canon? Fuck American copyright law and anyone who thinks it is absolute. Laws should not change how we view art that shit is retarded. And what happens when something enters the public domain? Is there no canon for works free of copyright even if they had a single author with a clear intention? Canon should be defined by the creator or not at all.

Whatever the owner says is canon, is canon. That's always been how it works.
Also, I don't see why you're sperging out about copyright, when IP like this usually falls under trademark law.

I meant IP law in general, not just copyright. If you want to define canon that way, then go ahead, but if that's the definition of canon then why should anyone give a shit about it? Words are arbitrary symbols to convey information and there is no fundamentally incorrect way to use any word, but there is value in having one definition over others.

If half the people in the world said "water" to describe hydrochloric acid and vice versa, that would obviously cause some problems. In a more real example, more and more people have started to use the word "literally" just to exaggerate a claim rather than the original intention of the word, and they're not wrong but it isn't helpful as a word if you're just going to throw away that definition.

Your definition of canon is useless as a word because no one should care about what some corporation decides about a story that they own the IP of. People care about the creators intention or no intention at all. Your idea of canon has no legal use either since there's obviously no reason that it would show up in a court or law. The only people that use it like that are good goys that are blind fanboys of corporations because they fell for marketing memes and do nothing but inhibit otherwise valuable discussions about art and media. The value or meaning of a piece of art should not be determined by who owns the intellectual property for it by US law because it is completely arbitrary and disconnected from the art itself.

If this post didn't convince you of anything then nothing will so I will no longer be replying, I wish you luck in escaping your corporate cuckoldry.

You're retarded. Knowing what canon means doesn't make me a corporate dicksucker, and not all things on Earth are owned by faceless corporations. Commit suicide.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion
[spoiler]but yours is wrong[spoiler]

wew lad

shivering isles was better than obliving, although that is not a high standart by any means.

hearts of stone was better than witcher 3, which is somewhat more impressive.

fallout new vegas had some realy good dlc, i liked old world blues and lonesome road both better than the original.

i dont know, blood and wine was kind of bullshitty at times.
i almost dropped the game at that point, i was so pissed off.
but it had some high points too.

so when Bethesda declares that the Great War was in fact caused by ayys (Mothership Zeta) you are totally okay with that rubbish? According to you that is canon and fuck what Interplay and the fallout Bible said.

This is what happens to a board when it is filled with people who dont play video games.

does it count if the dlc is more like an expansion? or is that unfair to post since its essentially the base game + additions and refinements? well its fun in any case. i also really enjoyed the campaign in the halfling expansion.

No, but you don't have to like something in order for it to be reality. The owner of an IP is the only one with the authority to decide what's canon, even if it's retarded or self-contradictory.